GS PowerUp Rewards Question

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!
Hi guys, I just had a quick question regarding the PowerUP Rewards card:

I recently checked out the powerup site after a long time and I noticed that I was only getting points for my in-store orders, and the loads of online orders I placed were not credited. I called their customer service to ask why and the rep told me that because the program has only been around for eight months and is still in the beta stage they were only giving points for in-store orders, but would start crediting online orders in march (unfortunately I forgot to ask him if the online orders I've made since getting the PUR card would be credited retroactively).

Is this guy correct? On the PUR FAQ they have the following:

Is PowerUp Rewards available at all GameStop locations and at GameStop.com?
PowerUp Rewards is available at all U.S. GameStop locations, and points can be scored for purchases in store and on GameStop.com.

This sorta conflicts with what I was told, but before I called back I first wanted to see if anyone here may have been told something else. Thanks

The guy is correct, and the website is just too lazy to have that removed, since they were going to start the online program soon anyways.

But as for retroactively putting points to your account for online purchases after the fact, they will not be doing that unfortunately.

I have gotten PUR points on both orders I have made online since I got the card.

I made sure to link my PUR account with my GS.com account, and that's all that I needed. I get PUR points without having to add my card # every time.

[quote name='steve nash']you need to merge your edge card and power up account[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that yesterday afternoon before placing another order, it said "you have points" but it has yet to update my points total.

I guess I'll try calling again. Hopefully they'll credit my past purchases too... getting back to the FAQ it says you can call customer service if you forgot to use your PUR card on a purchase, which I would say is pretty much my current situation so hopefully I won't get another rep like I had earlier.

Well, on the plus side, I spoke to a woman who was able to go in and manually add the points to my account. On the downside, since I always buy items in twos, she banned me from using gs.com from here on out... whoops!

This is why I won't call and complain about not getting any PUR points for any of my recent online purchases, since my orders would likely get me banned from buying from GS.com besides the in-store ban.:lol:

Besides which I can't even use the points towards a coupon from PUR.com since I can't go in store to use it anyway.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is why I won't call and complain about not getting any PUR points for any of my recent online purchases, since my orders would likely get me banned from buying from GS.com besides the in-store ban.:lol:

Besides which I can't even use the points towards a coupon from PUR.com since I can't go in store to use it anyway.:roll:[/QUOTE]

if you werent banned from gamestop then you should remove that part from your sig

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Well, on the plus side, I spoke to a woman who was able to go in and manually add the points to my account. On the downside, since I always buy items in twos, she banned me from using gs.com from here on out... whoops![/QUOTE]

Did she actually say she banned you?

This happened to me before, but I called them up, and the rep actually fixed the problem for me.

And I order multiple copies of games all the time as well, since it's hard to gauge how many comes complete.

They only ban people who they think are resellers, but if you call them up and have them take a close look at your history, you should be fine.

Especially since you shop online so much, it should be no problem.

That's how I got mine fixed. I just told them to take a good close look at my history and I'm not a reseller.

Anyways, in the end, the person over the phone quickly fixed everything for me, and we were all a okay from there.

[quote name='steve nash']if you werent banned from gamestop then you should remove that part from your sig[/QUOTE]
You're right. Maybe I should remove the 'altogether' part. Besides which, I plan on calling up tomorrow and starting my attempt to get UNbanned.

bread's done
Back