GS Return Policy on Defective Consoles?

finesthours

CAGiversary!
I bought a new 250gb kinect bundle from kmart and it was freezing and giving me some red screen of death after barely touching it for 2 weeks. I've never returned a defective product before so I was surprised when they took it and gave me a full refund after marking it defective. Now I'm a little paranoid and I was wondering if a fellow CAG would know whether GS has the same policy when it comes to defective consoles? I'd understand having to go through a service call after months or years, but 2 weeks of turning it on maybe 10 times is ridiculous and IMO warrants a replacement or full refund.

I think they're supposed to sell you coverage on it. I bought a new 360 a couple months ago and they wanted $10 for a year. But, yeah, within the initial 30 days you're golden either way.

I dont think i would ever buy a console from Gamestop.. They usually dont have great deals on them like other vendors..I would buy my consoles from Target (90 Days) or Costco or Sams (lifetime warranty)..

I rarely go into Kmart so I don't know

But you are limited to returns, this can some places like walmart, they change their policy recently to 15 days for consoles at least here

Toys r us only lets you swap out for if the console is defective

I think this is for those who try to switch n bait method. As I've heard several CAGs getting screwed on here like having the system not match the actual serial number on the outer box.

[quote name='mitemouse']I dont think i would ever buy a console from Gamestop.. They usually dont have great deals on them like other vendors..I would buy my consoles from Target (90 Days) or Costco or Sams (lifetime warranty)..[/QUOTE]

You mean lifetime warranty for as long as you're a member right?

God, remember the days of Gamestop's "We'll take back and exchange anything, open or not, receipt or no receipt" policy? Too bad too many people treated it like a lending library and they put an end to it.

bread's done
Back