GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kylerg']Does Gamestop refuse to answer the phone before 10am?[/QUOTE]

dont they open at 10? Why would you expect them to answer the phone before they are open?

Had a cool store manager last night who let my buddy trade in 2 360's towards the new one with both getting the 100 bucks trade up offer. He had to do a manual override to get it to work.

[quote name='FArgus']dont they open at 10? Why would you expect them to answer the phone before they are open?

Had a cool store manager last night who let my buddy trade in 2 360's towards the new one with both getting the 100 bucks trade up offer. He had to do a manual override to get it to work.[/QUOTE]

Customer service, and they are already being paid for it? At my job we answer the phone before and after business hours.

One guy was really helpful and explained and confirmed the 7 days for bonus on HDDs. But said that can't do 2 at once for 100, or even +25 on the second. Said he'd have to do it over 2 transactions.

Just need to figure out how to get one. Don't want the TIV to plummet, want to make sure I can get one before the promo..but can't *not* have something to use for 3 weeks.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Seriously? That's a really good TIV on FFT since they sell it for $8.99 used.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not too bad, huh? I was kinda surprised by the TIV myself.

Anyone know how in the hell you are supposed to transfer your data from your current HD with this current deal? The Gamestops around me won't transfer my data and since you have to turn in your HD when you do the deal, it seems pretty fucking ridiculous.

Any ideas?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Eh, last time I made a new GamerTag on my 360 it just stayed at Silver... Possibly because I had other profiles on the system? Who knows >.>[/QUOTE]

just FYI it's up to 5 accounts you can create one 1 xbox before it stops givin' out the free months gold.

[quote name='wildpantha05']Anyone know how in the hell you are supposed to transfer your data from your current HD with this current deal? The Gamestops around me won't transfer my data and since you have to turn in your HD when you do the deal, it seems pretty fucking ridiculous.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

My idea is reading all the information presented to you in the post. Pay particular attention to the part where you will see that you can take your HD in up to a week after you purchase the new slim and still get the bonus credit. I agree that it is pretty fucking ridiculous that you criticize a deal that your to ignorant to have all the information about.

Base trade-in values from 6/18:

Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy Crystal Chroncles: Echoes of Time - $5.00

PSP
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - $6.75

Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $20.00
Monster Hunter Tri - $22.00

After the trade 3/$10 and the $25 guaranteed trade-in for MPT, I got $68.75

[quote name='flagg1216']My idea is reading all the information presented to you in the post. Pay particular attention to the part where you will see that you can take your HD in up to a week after you purchase the new slim and still get the bonus credit. I agree that it is pretty fucking ridiculous that you criticize a deal that your to ignorant to have all the information about.[/QUOTE]

Actually I got off the phone with 5 local Gamestop stores now and all told me that that isn't an option, so care to explain that one smartass? That would be why I posted.

Can you trade in 6 games and get $20 credit? My launch 360 is all packed up. If my calculations are correct (they should be, I'm an accountant), I'm going to pay $101.56 for a brand new 360 slim! That's a pretty sweet deal for an obsolete 360! I finally get HDMI and a hard drive that can hold more than 1 game and a couple of demos!!

[quote name='wildpantha05']Anyone know how in the hell you are supposed to transfer your data from your current HD with this current deal? The Gamestops around me won't transfer my data and since you have to turn in your HD when you do the deal, it seems pretty fucking ridiculous.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Buy a USB flash drive, and transfer all of the stuff you can't re-download to that drive. That's what I'm doing.

[quote name='Razzuel']Buy a USB flash drive, and transfer all of the stuff you can't re-download to that drive. That's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind the USB has to have a capacity of more than 1GB. All of mine are 512 MB. I don't care for the game saves or gamer points. I"m going to start fresh with the new Xbox.

But can someone please confirm that if I add my gamer profile to the new Xbox, my Xbox Live Points and updated maps for MW2 will still be intact?

Thanks!

[quote name='wildpantha05']Actually I got off the phone with 5 local Gamestop stores now and all told me that that isn't an option, so care to explain that one smartass? That would be why I posted.[/QUOTE]
Because they don't know their own promos very well apparently. In the listing for the deal on the first post, there is a link to the GameStop landing page, here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx. If you read the values for the hard drive there is an asterisk. At the bottom the asterisk is explained as the values being valid within 7 days of the hardware purchase. Trust the website, a good portion of the employees don't know what's going on promo wise.

well I see on gamestops site that a lot have them in stock around me so i ripped it all down and am going to try to go get one today with all the trade ins. time will tell if they take my old controllers that my dog put her teeth into lol

[quote name='wildpantha05']Actually I got off the phone with 5 local Gamestop stores now and all told me that that isn't an option, so care to explain that one smartass? That would be why I posted.[/QUOTE]

Sure will explain, the 5 stores you called don't know wtf they are doing. Company wide they are allowing customers to come back up to a week after their purchase to trade in their hd for the bonus credit. You just have to take your receipt to show your purchase date to verify you are within the one week period.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx

there you can see it right on gamestop's website. Again, do your homework before you bitch about something you know nothing about. :lol:

Anyone know what the normal value of a 360 is?

I'm thinking about trading in my 20GB non-hdmi, PSP and DS; but I want to get a PS3 slim.

Can anyone confirm that the new slim uses the exact same video out plug? I have a VGA adapter for my 360 that I want to make sure will work with the slim before I buy it.

Question about Gamestop's website. I put in my ZIP code to check availability on the Slims, and the only locale it gives is a place when I click on the link, the map it shows is just a world map, with no location specified. Edgewood S/C. Any idea what that is? I don't live anywhere near South Carolina.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']Question about Gamestop's website. I put in my ZIP code to check availability on the Slims, and the only locale it gives is a place when I click on the link, the map it shows is just a world map, with no location specified. Edgewood S/C. Any idea what that is? I don't live anywhere near South Carolina.[/QUOTE]
your best bet is to use the phone call the stores, the web site is not accurate for things like this when its in high demand it says not any available just use the phone the phone is your friend. Plus they give you a detailed direction of where the store is.

[quote name='tightclaws']your best bet is to use the phone call the stores, the web site is not accurate for things like this when its in high demand it says not any available just use the phone the phone is your friend. Plus they give you a detailed direction of where the store is.[/QUOTE]

Oh I called last night. They were out. Just trying to figure out what Edgewood S/C is.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Depending on how much data you have, excluding DLC that you can redownload with a license transfer, I suggest getting a USB drive (I used a nicely sized 8GB Sandisk) you can get for $20 which is well worth it since you can use it for anything else you like. I use mine for random transfers or to take HD movies to my friend's houses all the time.

I just got back from trading in my old 360, and I reserved the new 360. Here's the trade-in value breakdown:

-Xbox 360 with Wireless Controller – $100
-20GB Hard Drive – $30
-120GB Hard Drive – $40
-3 Wireless Controllers – $75

Total Trade-in Value = $245

-Reserve of the new Xbox 360 – $319.49

Total Paid to Gamestop = $74.49

Well that took less time than I thought. I made my trade yesterday, and am getting the new Xbox today. :D

Still not sure how Gamestop thinks they can profit off all these overpriced 360s. Unless this trade-in program will artificially inflate the sales numbers and they get a cut of it.

[quote name='jp0213']Because they don't know their own promos very well apparently. In the listing for the deal on the first post, there is a link to the GameStop landing page, here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx. If you read the values for the hard drive there is an asterisk. At the bottom the asterisk is explained as the values being valid within 7 days of the hardware purchase. Trust the website, a good portion of the employees don't know what's going on promo wise.[/QUOTE]

When I was at Gamestop the guy running the show there was clearly on top of things and was in fact explaining to someone that he had a week to turn in the HD.

[quote name='Ness3']Can anyone confirm that the new slim uses the exact same video out plug? I have a VGA adapter for my 360 that I want to make sure will work with the slim before I buy it.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I tested my component cables from my old system, just for fun. (Currently have it connected w/HDMI) The new video out port is EXACTLY the same as on the previous models.

Is there a better explanation of how this works other than the confusing FAQ on xbox.com?

does the DRM transfer move account information for all accounts on one Xbox or do I need to perform the DRM transfer once for each profile. I have two different profiles on the same xbox that I have downloaded content for and my son also has a profile that he has downloaded content for.

[quote name='mystikal1000']You can move everything including profiles on one USB drive. Its easy and cheap... Try it...then you will see.[/QUOTE]

I am talking about the actual DRM transfer though. When I log on to the website it says I have to be loggedon to MY profile to start the transfer of all DRM from one console to another. Do I have to do this for each profile on my machine or do I only have to do it for one of them and then it transfers the DRM for all of them. I'm not just talking about backing up the HDD.

Also, I can't do the USB transfer since my USB ports are dead for whatever reason.

All DS Base
Napoleon Dynamite $1.50
Guitar Rock Tour $1.50
Elite Beat Agents $1.25
Sim City $3.25

All Wii base
Igor $2.75
Rock And Roll Adventures $1.25
Counter Force $2.00
Alien Syndrome $1.25

Input new prices to database just now.

I just traded in my old out of warranty launch unit to Gamestop and reserved a Slim, for some reason when she scanned my Edge card and upgraded me to the new power up it gave me another 10% on top of the special values. I scanned my receipt then noticed It might not be a great idea to post my gift card number lol.

I got 275 in trade credit towards a Slim, I used a gift card for the other 26 bucks, so I think to get this new system and a new warranty and lose my old sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't loud as hell 360, this was a good trade

[quote name='lllGurulll']I am talking about the actual DRM transfer though. When I log on to the website it says I have to be loggedon to MY profile to start the transfer of all DRM from one console to another. Do I have to do this for each profile on my machine or do I only have to do it for one of them and then it transfers the DRM for all of them. I'm not just talking about backing up the HDD.

Also, I can't do the USB transfer since my USB ports are dead for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

I can't answer this because I only had one account but I would imagine you would need to go through the DRM process twice on each account (log in to xbox.com, do the process with profile A on the new xbox then do it again with profile B.)

Called all three GameStops in my area about 20 minutes before closing last night. One store still had a 360 S in stock. I was waiting at the door when they opened this morning to make sure I got it.

The TIV for the console was still ringing up as $60 + the $25 promo. The clerk had to override it to get the $100, and I did not get the $25 bonus.

Tried to trade my wired headset, but the guy said they don't take them.

Okay, since everyone is sharing, here's my GS story for the day:

There was one GS in San Marcos that listed it as in Stock today, so ran over to be there when it opened. Was first in, and asked the girl if they had any in stock. She just laughed and said 'no, those were sold out in like minutes.' So I asked her why does it say on the website you have one in stock? She goes 'That website was updated yesterday. Really? Is that why it says 'updated 8am'? Whatever, thanked the clueless employee and walked away. Called the other GS all the way in Chula Vista that the website claimed still had one, and no such luck there either. At this point I had the system and games in the car, and didn't want to bother with bringing them home, so went to my local GS in Escondido to trade in and reserve the system. Get there at 10.20a, and what do I see? The guy in front of me is trading in his 360 to get the LAST 360 slim in stock. My fucking luck.

Anyways, I looked on the bright side, which was that I was obviously gonna be first on the reservation list. Here's my trade in list:

XBox 360 System w/wireless controller $100
Wireless Adapter $40
20GB HDD $30
360 A/V VGA Cable $2.50
64MB Memory Card $10
360 Remote $2.25 (The basic one that used to come with the system)
Live Vision Camera $4.50
Wired Headset $5

PSP:
Lumines $1.50
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee $1.25

Wii:
Ghost Squad: $5.25
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz $5.25
Trauma Center: Second Opinion $3.25

360:
Dead Rising $3
Tomb Raider Legend $1.50
Call of Duty 2 $2.50
King King $2

Which qualified me for the $10 Trade in 3 Games bonus x3

Grand total: $249.75, of which $114 was bonus credits

My goal was to get the new system for no more than $100 out of pocket. Got it down to $75 including tax, so I'd say mission accomplished.

Has anyone being banned from gamestop for trading a lot of stuff? And do you know how long you will be banned? I called one of the gamestop manager and he told me it's gonna be a few months before I can trade in games again.

[quote name='Brenex']I can't answer this because I only had one account but I would imagine you would need to go through the DRM process twice on each account (log in to xbox.com, do the process with profile A on the new xbox then do it again with profile B.)[/QUOTE]

It is so annoying that Xbox couldn't freely allow you to have profiles on more than one machine like the PS3 does. Two would have been enough for these situations. I feel for the people that have more than one xbox and have to buy content twice. Of course, I still think it is stupid that everyone has to pay for their own Gold membership on one box.

[quote name='jp0213']Some people never get a ban lifted. What did you do to get banned?[/QUOTE]

He said I reached my cap for trading games. Some of them are same title like nsmb, and some are trade in with offers and returning them.

I know a guy on another website I call home (ColonyofGamers.com) and he said he traded everything in and they put the credit towards the reserve of a system when they get them back in stock. I guess it would be YMMV, as I thought it had to be in the same transaction as the trade.

See, I wouldn't mind paying for the 360 slim and just waiting until it came in. I'll ask my store this weekend if I'm in the area and they don't have any (they only had 1 left yesterday when I called and no way was I going to chance going home, packing it up and then going to the store just to have them OOS).

I also would like to know if I could trade in 2 systems, though the official word in the OP is not really. I probably wouldn't do it anyway though.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I know a guy on another website I call home (ColonyofGamers.com) and he said he traded everything in and they put the credit towards the reserve of a system when they get them back in stock. I guess it would be YMMV, as I thought it had to be in the same transaction as the trade.[/QUOTE]
The stores have been sent a code to input towards reserves now, they don't have to be in-stock anymore.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I also would like to know if I could trade in 2 systems, though the official word in the OP is not really. I probably wouldn't do it anyway though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sasuke543']Okay if I wanted to sell second XBOX in the same visit with a 60 gb hdd...how much will I be able to get?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV on 2 systems. You won't get the full $100 value on both consoles, most likely. It's YMMV though.

I traded in 2 consoles, one working console that netted the $100, but one was "broken" yet they did them both in the same transaction. However, I got $85 for the "broken" console w/ 1 controller with the bonus credit.

[quote name='coolrust']Has anyone being banned from gamestop for trading a lot of stuff? And do you know how long you will be banned? I called one of the gamestop manager and he told me it's gonna be a few months before I can trade in games again.[/QUOTE]

I got temp banned for trading too many nerf 2 N-strikes, it was 2 weeks or so

A friend of mine who used to work at GS said that he used to recieve lists of people that were not allowed to trade things in. Not sure how one gets banned but I assume it is due to trades that might be suspicious like same copies.

My local GS manager told me that only one console could be traded in towards the slim with the promo bump. However I traded in a console and put down my reserve an I wonder if I can trade in anotht console when I pick up my slim. Do they have a way of knowing?

[quote name='jp0213']The stores have been sent a code to input towards reserves now, they don't have to be in-stock anymore.[/QUOTE]

If that was mentioned earlier I totally missed it. Either way, THANKS a ton! But you just made my wife angry, at least when she finds out.

I'm trying to scrounge up games for the trade 3, get $10 to make the damage a bit less. It will be less than $100, so she can't be THAT upset. :)

I'll take a trip there on Monday and do the trade. I hate going on the weekends and clogging up the lines when I do trades, and I don't work Mondays.

i went to my local gamestop here in indianapolis, and the whole city was sold out, from what i could tell.

it sucks that i have to wait til around july 9th, which i wonder why it would take so long, but i guess it's alright i got my ps3 to hold me over. but it sucks i have a edge card, that expires march 2011, but it said i didn't have one, and i even had the card, but he insisted that it was expired, and tried to get me to buy another one, no thanks. because i know mine is still good.

but anyway

i traded in my xbox (a day one box, which has been repaired twice- minus a $30 refurb fee because the disc tray didn't open when he first turned it on, i demonstrated it was a fluke, but still charged the fee. ugh) and an extra wireless controller, wireless adapter, a 64mb MC, and alot of old 360 games which my luck were all at least $1.50, so, i got an extra $30 for trading in 9 games. i ended up with $215 in credit towards the new system.

[quote name='joeyshadows']A friend of mine who used to work at GS said that he used to recieve lists of people that were not allowed to trade things in. Not sure how one gets banned but I assume it is due to trades that might be suspicious like same copies.

My local GS manager told me that only one console could be traded in towards the slim with the promo bump. However I traded in a console and put down my reserve an I wonder if I can trade in anotht console when I pick up my slim. Do they have a way of knowing?[/QUOTE]

Yes. When they pull up your preorder it will tell them how much is paid towards the preorder and how...

You can trade in another console towards it but you will only get $85 (with trade bonus) for it.

[quote name='nixmahn']I got temp banned for trading too many nerf 2 N-strikes, it was 2 weeks or so[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear that it only 2 weeks, hopefully mine is also 2 weeks.

[quote name='BforBusiness']i went to my local gamestop here in indianapolis, and the whole city was sold out, from what i could tell.

it sucks that i have to wait til around july 9th, which i wonder why it would take so long, but i guess it's alright i got my ps3 to hold me over. but it sucks i have a edge card, that expires march 2011, but it said i didn't have one, and i even had the card, but he insisted that it was expired, and tried to get me to buy another one, no thanks. because i know mine is still good.

but anyway

i traded in my xbox and an extra wireless controller, my wireless adapter, a 64mb MC[/QUOTE]

Some stores will be receiving more next week. I'd call maybe Tuesday, just in case.

[quote name='Kelegacy']If that was mentioned earlier I totally missed it. Either way, THANKS a ton! But you just made my wife angry, at least when she finds out. [/QUOTE]
I have no idea what you are talking about. I never mentioned anything that could get a female mad in anyway. Nope, nothing to see here. Move along.
[quote name='coolrust']Nice to hear that it only 2 weeks, hopefully mine is also 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
I would say it's all going to depend upon the local DM. Some are strict, some don't care as much. Just have to wait and see.
[quote name='BforBusiness']i went to my local gamestop here in indianapolis, and the whole city was sold out, from what i could tell. [/QUOTE]
I've been keeping tabs on stock around Indy and got the same info. Got a hold of a 360 that barely runs but wouldn't mind trading it in towards a newer model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back