GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aerozero']Yeah it does, the Gamestop clerk guy was trying to get me to get one and said that I could get an extra $5 if I made one on the spot, but I don't trade in games that often and didn't want to spend $15.[/QUOTE]

thx!

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']In my experience, the $10 promo is showing up in lieu of the $25, so watch out for that. I got jipped out of some money because I traded in THREE $25 promo games, but got the extra $10 instead.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Realized they gave me the 3/$10 promo on AvP instead of the $25. Didn't sweat it because it was only a $5 difference and my total had paid for the Slim in full (didn't need to draw attention to my account since I've burned them in the past flipping free BB games without consequences, which seems to be happening a lot lately).

360 base values-

Cabela's African Safari - $5
Cabela's Big Game Hunter - $6
Red Faction - $4

So wierd that two hunting games both had higher values than red faction, which i really enjoyed.

Base value as of 6/21

iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360:
Risen $11

iconps3.gif
PS3:
Dark Sector $2
Dirt 2 $9.25
Enchanted Arms $3.25
MotorStorm $2.75

Dirt 2 and Risen are still automatically bumped up to $25 TIV so I got $70.82 total for the 5 games with edge and promos.

6/21 base values:

:wii:
Alien Syndrome - $1.25
Battle of the Bands - $0.80
Igor - $2.75
Tak Guardians of Gross - $2.50

I kept Battle of the Bands ;).

Off topic, but I look at this thread as the official GS thread, so I thought I'd ask here.

How would GS handle an exchange for a game purchase off their website? I want the same game, but just on the other platform. Since the prices are different in store and my receipt shows an even lower price after coupon code, I'm not sure how it would work.

Basically, I ordered a game for my brother but accidentally ordered the PS3 version instead of 360. Would they do a straight up exchange even though the receipt shows a lower price than they sell it for in store?

[quote name='dino88']Off topic, but I look at this thread as the official GS thread, so I thought I'd ask here.

How would GS handle an exchange for a game purchase off their website? I want the same game, but just on the other platform. Since the prices are different in store and my receipt shows an even lower price after coupon code, I'm not sure how it would work.

Basically, I ordered a game for my brother but accidentally ordered the PS3 version instead of 360. Would they do a straight up exchange even though the receipt shows a lower price than they sell it for in store?[/QUOTE]
I would bet against it. The price is the price.

They might. When I returned a beat up Mass Effect 2 from the web site to get a better copy in store they could have simply swapped it but they didn't. They actually looked up the price I paid online (which was an online-only price additionally discounted by coupon or code) and credited that back to me and sold me the other copy at a discounted price to match that price. If they are nice they might do the same with your 360/PS3 switch as long as the game is the same price on both platforms. It doesn't hurt to bring it in (along with your packing slip) and ask. But at the very least the mechanism is there to do a proper return of your online purchase at the right price and then sell something at that same price even if it is not that price in store.

[quote name='io']They might. When I returned a beat up Mass Effect 2 from the web site to get a better copy in store they could have simply swapped it but they didn't. They actually looked up the price I paid online (which was an online-only price additionally discounted by coupon or code) and credited that back to me and sold me the other copy at a discounted price to match that price. If they are nice they might do the same with your 360/PS3 switch as long as the game is the same price on both platforms. It doesn't hurt to bring it in (along with your packing slip) and ask. But at the very least the mechanism is there to do a proper return of your online purchase at the right price and then sell something at that same price even if it is not that price in store.[/QUOTE]

It was YMMV for me (I had gotten a horribly beaten up BlazBlue disc during the B1G1 sale they had a while back, pretty much was ready to explode my moment you would put it in a 360 due to the huge crack), went to one gamestop and the gave me this this dumbass excuse ("Sorry, but we arent related to Gamestop.com"), second store pretended like they didnt have a copy (Even though i saw 2+ cases lying out, but i didnt feel like arguing), and finally the 3rd store let me do a swap without even asking any questions.

[quote name='io']They might. When I returned a beat up Mass Effect 2 from the web site to get a better copy in store they could have simply swapped it but they didn't. They actually looked up the price I paid online (which was an online-only price additionally discounted by coupon or code) and credited that back to me and sold me the other copy at a discounted price to match that price. If they are nice they might do the same with your 360/PS3 switch as long as the game is the same price on both platforms. It doesn't hurt to bring it in (along with your packing slip) and ask. But at the very least the mechanism is there to do a proper return of your online purchase at the right price and then sell something at that same price even if it is not that price in store.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that makes me feel a little better. I didn't even notice it until just recently when I logged in to see if it had shipped (which it has). "Shit, my brother doesn't even have a PS3."

The guys at my local store are pretty friendly, so I hope they can make it work.

Thanks

As of yesterday:

:ps3:
The Orange Box: $7.75
Battlefield Bad Compnay: $5.00
Blur: $21.00

Total out the door with Edge + bonus: $47.13

Have to imagine Blur is going to continue to drop in value as long as the BB sale and RZ/Activision coupons are being used in tandem. I'm going to try and use another Blur coupon to pick up the PC version at GS, but only one GS store that's close to me has it in stock. We'll see.

I'm thinking of trading in Blur today... just which I had 2 other games to trade to get the $10 bonus...

Blur
Killzone 2
???

I'd have to trade LBP or Demon's Souls.... which are two great games which I'll probably never touch again, but still.... :whistle2:/

What to do...

I'm thinking of doing the following, is it allowed?

Blur + Killzone 2 + LBP + $10 (bonus)
Demon's Souls ($25)
Uncharted 2 ($25) - this is still sealed

Unless anyone wants to buy any of those, pm me. All in close to mint condition....

And EDGE doesn't stack with either the $10 bonus or the $25 right?

[quote name='fldash']I'm thinking of doing the following, is it allowed?

Demon's Souls ($25)

Unless anyone wants to buy any of those, pm me. All in close to mint condition....

And EDGE doesn't stack with either the $10 bonus or the $25 right?[/QUOTE]

Edge only stacks with the base TIV of the game.(i.e. if LBP is worth $5.00 base you would get another .50 stacked onto it plus than the 3 for $10 bonus)

[quote name='aerozero'] I didn't have the box and manual so my copy of new Super Mario Bros got docked $3[/QUOTE]

FYI, you should NOT have been docked for not having the manual/box for SMB. They sell their games game only and don't offer any discount, go to another store if this happens again, or bark at a manager. :bomb:

Hello. Help seeing if this deal sounds ok.
Blur (360) = 21.00
House of Dead 1&2 (wii) = 6.25
Obscura (wii) = 3
+ $10 bonus.

thanks

[quote name='destro4eva']FYI, you should NOT have been docked for not having the manual/box for SMB. They sell their games game only and don't offer any discount, go to another store if this happens again, or bark at a manager. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yea, it seems like almost 25% of the used games at my local stores are disc only with a generic GS case now. Unless there is actual damage to the disc, don't let them charge you refurb fees. Even then, unless the disc is really scratched up I would at least try to reason with them. But disc only? They will put it right on the shelf and sell it used for the same price as a complete copy.

If they try to pull that with you I'd just bring up the fact that you see disc only copies on the shelf all over the store at the same price as complete copies. That usually helps bring them around. If they won't be reasonable with you then definitely just head to another store.

[quote name='fldash']I'm thinking of doing the following, is it allowed?

Demon's Souls ($25)

And EDGE doesn't stack with either the $10 bonus or the $25 right?[/QUOTE]

If you're going to trade in Uncharted 2, make sure you open it beforehand or they won't take it.

I really wish ALL games were included in the "Trade 3 get $10" promo. I desperately want to rid myself of GH2, GH World Tour, & GH Aerosmith. I tend to only play RB games now, & these games are cluttering my shelf space.

I'd take $10 in a heartbeat and just finish paying off Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

[quote name='sbaker44']If you're going to trade in Uncharted 2, make sure you open it beforehand or they won't take it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I ended up just trading Blur, and sending Killzone 2 off to Goozex for my first Goozex trade so it'll be worht 750 (550 + 200 first trade points) and 2 trade tokens (again, bonus for first trade).

Just got back from Gamestop and preordered the new 360 slim.

Traded in (base // what I got):
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $5 // $8.83
Jericho - $1.50 // $1.65
Dark Sector - $1.50 // $5
Supreme Commander - $5 // $8.83
Halo 3: ODST - $8 // $12.13
Alan Wake - $24 // $29.73
Blur - $22 // $27.53
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $12.75 // $26.28 (x2)
Xbox 360 Wired Headset - $5 // $5.50
Xbox 360 w/ Wireless Controller - $60 // $100

Total Trade = $257.26

And yes I used my Edge card.

Blur $21 or $23.10 with Edge... Played it from Sunday to last night, about 10 hours total. Damn fun, but I'm not a racing fan and I knew it wouldn't have lasting appeal to me...

I have a question, too:

I traded in a wireless adapter for $40 towards a new 360 preorder. Would I be able to trade in my second wireless adapter towards the same preorder?

Thanks!

[quote name='luckyjat']I have a question, too:

I traded in a wireless adapter for $40 towards a new 360 preorder. Would I be able to trade in my second wireless adapter towards the same preorder?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Most likely yes. No promises, though.

[quote name='melon-juice']why is everyone trading blur in already? even if current 10 dollar promo, split with 3 games.. its like a 15% bonus.. uhh....[/QUOTE]

I paid absolutely nothing out of pocket for my copy of Blur and got $26 and change by trading it in with Edge + $10 bonus getting rid of games I stopped playing. I want the PC version of Blur so I can play online with my friends (I'm the only one in my circle who has a PS3) but they all have PCs, so I'm going to try and get it from GS. Hopefully they'll accept the $20 coupon. If not, I'll use the credit towards my GT5 Collector's Edition pre-order and get the PC Blur from Best Buy.

[quote name='luckyjat']I have a question, too:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Why didn't you try trading in both adapters the first time? I traded in my system towards a pre-order and the manager had no problem taking 2 20gb hard drives. He did deny my 3rd controller with a battery pack because I didn't have the charging cable or battery cover. I ended up trading in the battery since I don't have the cable or cover because my wife found this controller in a parking lot. Anyway, the guy told me that I could still trade in the controller (if I found the cover) and I would still get the bonus. It might be ymmv as this manager is pretty cool.

He told me that he was hoping to get another shipment next week. In the meantime, I'll be working on my PSP backlog.

Traded in my xbox today. The weird thing is I only got $22 after bonuses for my 20gb hdd, but got $11 for a wired headset, and $125 total for the system and controller alone.

[quote name='emg28']Why didn't you try trading in both adapters the first time? I traded in my system towards a pre-order and the manager had no problem taking 2 20gb hard drives. He did deny my 3rd controller with a battery pack because I didn't have the charging cable or battery cover. I ended up trading in the battery since I don't have the cable or cover because my wife found this controller in a parking lot. Anyway, the guy told me that I could still trade in the controller (if I found the cover) and I would still get the bonus. It might be ymmv as this manager is pretty cool.

He told me that he was hoping to get another shipment next week. In the meantime, I'll be working on my PSP backlog.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the battery case cover thing? If so and you're still needing one, let me know. I have few few extras just stting here collecting dust. Couldnt cost more than a buck or two to ship, I wouldnt mind sending it off to you on my dime. Just let me know if you're interested in it.

I was wondering , when the Nintendo 3DS Price and Date is announced will we be able to Pre-Order it from Gamestop ? I never got a system day 1 so I'm just wondering.

Also , what will the price be to Pre-Order ? Is it $5 like a game or full price ?

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']I was wondering , when the Nintendo 3DS Price and Date is announced will we be able to Pre-Order it from Gamestop ? I never got a system day 1 so I'm just wondering.

Also , what will the price be to Pre-Order ? Is it $5 like a game or full price ?[/QUOTE]

You'll be able to pre-order them. The minimum you have to put down depends on the price of the system, but most likely between 30 and 50 dollars.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']You'll be able to pre-order them. The minimum you have to put down depends on the price of the system, but most likely between 30 and 50 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Alright , thanks. Also , how long do they hold the system before selling it to someone else ?

If I put $150 in trade ins toward the new 360, would that just go on a gift card? If I didn't purchase the new 360 right then how do they know what I was supposed to buy?

You have to preorder the 360 to get the upped TiV. 50 towards the system(or more if you want) and the rest goes to your edge or a GC. They wont give you the bump if you don't preorder the system. So part of it will and part won't.

06/22/10

All 360:
Battlefield Bad Company $4.00
Brutal Legend $5.00
Saboteur $5.00
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $5.00
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe $4.00
Project Gotham Racing 4 $1.50

I took them up on this offer today at my local Gamestop. Sadly they didn't have any Slims in stock so I will have no console for a couple weeks.

I traded in a 360 Arcade, second 360 that was broken, 20 gig hd, 4 wireless controllers, 1 wired controller, Wired headset.
4 360 games:
Sega Superstars/Arcade Comp 1.00
Call of Duty 2 2.50
MLb2k7 .50
The Godfather 3.00

Paid 40 bucks for the slim in the end.

That was rather quick. I reserved the new 360 on Saturday, and I was able to pick it up today. I wasn't expecting it to only take a couple days; I was expecting a week or two, so this is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back