GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Razzuel']That was rather quick. I reserved the new 360 on Saturday, and I was able to pick it up today. I wasn't expecting it to only take a couple days; I was expecting a week or two, so this is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Next step: swiping your finger across the awesome touch-sensitive power and eject buttons over and over because it's awesome.

Strange question, but if I bring in a 360 controller with a different colored battery holder (Say white controller with red back) do you think GS will take it? I have a controller I want to trade in, but can't find the battery holder anywhere. It's especially annoying since I have the holders for my other 3 controllers all together and it's just an extra $25 sitting there for my slim that I can't collect because of a damn battery holder.

[quote name='Razzuel']That was rather quick. I reserved the new 360 on Saturday, and I was able to pick it up today. I wasn't expecting it to only take a couple days; I was expecting a week or two, so this is awesome.[/QUOTE]

i'm like number 7 on the reserve list at my store so hopefully i can get it in like a week

[quote name='SuperSquall']Strange question, but if I bring in a 360 controller with a different colored battery holder (Say white controller with red back) do you think GS will take it? I have a controller I want to trade in, but can't find the battery holder anywhere. It's especially annoying since I have the holders for my other 3 controllers all together and it's just an extra $25 sitting there for my slim that I can't collect because of a damn battery holder.[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't be a problem at all.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Next step: swiping your finger across the awesome touch-sensitive power and eject buttons over and over because it's awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, I love that sound.

06/22/2010

:360: Shaun White Snowboarding $2.50

:ps3: Tony Hawk Project 8 $5.00

:wii: Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels $5.25

base TIV 6/22 all for Wii, some of these are just date updates:

call of duty 3 6.50
MLB power pros 3.50
Counter Force 2.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 8.25*
Super Mario Galaxy 13.50*
Tiger Woods 2010 game only 6*
Super Smash Bros Brawl 16.50*

*all eligible for $25 min

as others have said, split up your transactions, this rang up with the bonus $10 for 3 until he rang up the non $25 as a 2nd transaction.

First time I think I actually think I got a fair value for trades at GameStop.

Traded two original DS's for $25 each + the $25 bonus. Also traded in Tiger Woods 10 for Wii at the guaranteed $25 so got $125 credit total. Base TIV for Tiger Woods 10 was only $6.

I wasn't expected to get quite that much for the orginal DS and I have another so probably will bring that in tomorrow and some PSPs. Based on the posted TIV's the phat model isn't going for much, but I should be able to get a good amount of an extra 2000 and 3000 I have.

Base TIV as of 6/21/10:

:ds:
Kirby Super Star Ultra - $13.50
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 15.00
Mario Party - $15.00
Pokemon SoulSilver - $17.00
Pokemon HeartGold - $17.00
Professor Layton Curious Village - $13.50
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $14.00

6/22 Base/Edge + 3for10

360 - Blur $22.00 / $27.53
360 - COD 4 MW - $2.50 / $6.08
Wii - Zak and Wiki - $2.25 / $5.81

Also traded xbox, 2 controllers, and 20 gb hd for $222 total towards slim. I'm going to return the slim, so hopefully they wont give me any trouble.

I wonder I would go about selling forza 3 from my odst/forza combo. Has anyone tried selling just forza 3 with a separate case? I wouldn't have the artwork, so I'd probably have to get a print out forza 3

[quote name='Prix Dante']I wonder I would go about selling forza 3 from my odst/forza combo. Has anyone tried selling just forza 3 with a separate case? I wouldn't have the artwork, so I'd probably have to get a print out forza 3[/QUOTE]

You don't need the case. When I want to do someone a favor, I take the two games in separately instead of as the bundle, so they can do the same for you.

Question for GS vets:

I put $50 down on a new 360. Since that day, I traded in a bunch of games and now have $50+ on my PowerUp (aka EDGE) card. Can I get GS to refund me the $50 and take it from the EDGE card since the original $50 was in cash, or will that cause a big mess?

When I go to trade in my console + accessories, I'm going to be around $350-400, not even including the $50 deposit or the $58 on my PowerUp card.

As much as I like GS for this promo, I don't ever shop there. Their regular prices are usually too high or equal to Amazon. Except Amazon can get me something in 2 days w/Prime & no tax, while GS charges tax and uses carrier pigeon for shipping.

Oh and my favorite part. The new PowerUp card (which is in beta I guess still) doesn't work online. So I can't even use any of the funds on that card for the sales that are actually good on GS.com. I'm stuck buying overpriced crap in-store. My store NEVER has anything remotely new in their used section.

Ugh sorry for the rant. I'm happy for their promos, but I don't want $200 basically forcing me to shop with them.

[quote name='rp71284']Question for GS vets:

I put $50 down on a new 360. Since that day, I traded in a bunch of games and now have $50+ on my PowerUp (aka EDGE) card. Can I get GS to refund me the $50 and take it from the EDGE card since the original $50 was in cash, or will that cause a big mess?

When I go to trade in my console + accessories, I'm going to be around $350-400, not even including the $50 deposit or the $58 on my PowerUp card.

As much as I like GS for this promo, I don't ever shop there. Their regular prices are usually too high or equal to Amazon. Except Amazon can get me something in 2 days w/Prime & no tax, while GS charges tax and uses carrier pigeon for shipping.

Oh and my favorite part. The new PowerUp card (which is in beta I guess still) doesn't work online. So I can't even use any of the funds on that card for the sales that are actually good on GS.com. I'm stuck buying overpriced crap in-store. My store NEVER has anything remotely new in their used section.

Ugh sorry for the rant. I'm happy for their promos, but I don't want $200 basically forcing me to shop with them.[/QUOTE]

I see no problem with you getting your cash back but you would have to cancel that pre-order and then make a new pre-order with the store credit. It really depends on how your GS is handling pre-orders but that might bump you down on the pre-order list.

I'm not sure if they're able refund your cash and use the store credit on the same pre-order, though. It seems YMMV to me.

[quote name='emg28']I see no problem with you getting your cash back but you would have to cancel that pre-order and then make a new pre-order with the store credit. It really depends on how your GS is handling pre-orders but that might bump you down on the pre-order list.

I'm not sure if they're able refund your cash and use the store credit on the same pre-order, though. It seems YMMV to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

I figured that anything with GS is never as easy as it sounds. I guess I could always just stash the cash on the fake EDGE card until GS.com gets their crap straight, or until GS (the store) has a really good promo for us members.

Oh here's something hilarious...
Congrats on successfully activating your account. (What, like it was hard?) Now reward yourself by taking advantage of this special offer. Buy any two pre-owned games and the third one is FREE! Just click the link, log in, and you'll be directed to "My Active Offers" on your Dashboard to print out your coupon. GO!

Thanks GS for that special offer that's available to anybody, member or not. :applause:

Traded in yesterday:

Xbox 360 wireless controller: $12.75

Wii-
Madworld: $2.50
Super Paper Mario: $8.50
Metroid Prime 3: $4.25
Wii Sports: $4.75
Wii Sports Resort: $7.25
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: $9.50

oh and the GS guy said they were going to stop taking Kinect preorders on Friday. apparently they are almost over their initial shipment preorders. he tried to get me to preorder it. it's a $25 deposit.

[quote name='rp71284']Thanks for the reply.

I figured that anything with GS is never as easy as it sounds. I guess I could always just stash the cash on the fake EDGE card until GS.com gets their crap straight, or until GS (the store) has a really good promo for us members.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to discourage you. If I were you, I would call or go to the store and get an answer straight from them. Not all GS employees are the devil (some are even very good at their job). Good luck.

Hey, does anyone know if you can trade in the DS phat without a stylus? I can't find it for the life of me, but I don't need the system anymore.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']Hey, does anyone know if you can trade in the DS phat without a stylus? I can't find it for the life of me, but I don't need the system anymore.[/QUOTE]

YMMV on this, they might charge you for one out of your credit, or if they are friendly, they will give you an extra to go with it if they have one available.

The strange thing I noticed is that the B2G1F coupons from the powerup pro program are the exact same coupon codes and exp dates. I have printed up a few of these coupons and they don't go away and they are reusable. I got one for starting powerup pro and then I just got another one last week for renewing but that means I get B2G1F till the end of August whenever I want on used games. They don't work online but still that's a great deal :)

[quote name='Velo214']The strange thing I noticed is that the B2G1F coupons from the powerup pro program are the exact same coupon codes and exp dates. I have printed up a few of these coupons and they don't go away and they are reusable. I got one for starting powerup pro and then I just got another one last week for renewing but that means I get B2G1F till the end of August whenever I want on used games. They don't work online but still that's a great deal :)[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that the glitch fun of gs.com is starting to leak in to the b&m world with this powerup thing.

[quote name='Velo214']The strange thing I noticed is that the B2G1F coupons from the powerup pro program are the exact same coupon codes and exp dates. I have printed up a few of these coupons and they don't go away and they are reusable. I got one for starting powerup pro and then I just got another one last week for renewing but that means I get B2G1F till the end of August whenever I want on used games. They don't work online but still that's a great deal :)[/QUOTE]

this is like the third time i heard of this power up-havent been to a physical gamestop in a bit-but do just ask them to upgrade and pay a fee-or was this limited time to the first whatever number of people-

it's only in a few cities, saint louis is one of them, and they just upgrade your edge to it for free. I had to renew my edge anyway tho a month after i got powerup, same $15 to renew and they give you another b2g1 coupon.
and doh, i went back to sleep after I posted at 7:45 this morning, i had to send the kids to summer school, just woke up 1/2 hour ago and missed the entire b1g2 360 fiasco, oh well, that's life :)

[quote name='Velo214']it's only in a few cities, saint louis is one of them, and they just upgrade your edge to it for free. I had to renew my edge anyway tho a month after i got powerup, same $15 to renew and they give you another b2g1 coupon.
and doh, i went back to sleep after I posted at 7:45 this morning, i had to send the kids to summer school, just woke up 1/2 hour ago and missed the entire b1g2 360 fiasco, oh well, that's life :)[/QUOTE]

It's in Ohio as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon

ok, yeah, i dont want to get in trouble for this or get screwed but this seems like it would work for all cags...
every coupon is the same, but watch it be just for my account or something but i have no idea, so yeah. i will keep this up for like an hour then take them down.
peace
oh n now that i think of it, it will probly only work in powerup pro cities, and those people would probly already have the coupon, so whatev :) just tryn to help other cags

oh n rp i dont know bout what your sayn, my powerup pro card works fine online and takes 10% off edge... maybe cuz i converted the same edge # to powerup pro. idk
but i have ordered alot from gamestop.com lately and the card works fine on there but i dont get points for it. but then when i returned a game i bought online at the store they deducted points that i never even got from that purchase, ouch! so yeah...

[quote name='rp71284']It's in Ohio as well...

There's still 2 major disadvantages:

- Can't use card online for 10% off used
- Can't use any credit on card online period

Besides that, it's basically a shiny EDGE card with random deals & rewards like 50000 points for a controller. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What?!?! I have the PowerUp card and I just used both those features online yesterday to get RDR used. You must not know what you are doing.

For the 10% off, you use the coupon box and enter the code at the bottom right on the back of your card. For the balance, you use the card number in the middle of the back with the pin.

Has anyone been banned from gamestop's website before? Every single one of my orders from 6/17 on has been cancelled. A few of my B2G1 orders were cancelled, a couple orders using 20 off 39.99 cancelled, then a couple standard orders using 20pre coupon code, and now today's orders. And when I stopped in store to go trade something in the other day, the employee made a copy of my license, which has never happened to me before.

Should I be worried?

[quote name='fldash']What?!?! I have the PowerUp card and I just used both those features online yesterday to get RDR used. You must not know what you are doing.

For the 10% off, you use the coupon box and enter the code at the bottom right on the back of your card. For the balance, you use the card number in the middle of the back with the pin.[/QUOTE]

Crap! There must have been a delay since I signed up for my card on Saturday and it wasn't working yesterday. Sorry for the mistake!

[quote name='kataztrophik']Has anyone been banned from gamestop's website before? Every single one of my orders from 6/17 on has been cancelled. A few of my B2G1 orders were cancelled, a couple orders using 20 off 39.99 cancelled, then a couple standard orders using 20pre coupon code, and now today's orders. And when I stopped in store to go trade something in the other day, the employee made a copy of my license, which has never happened to me before.

Should I be worried?[/QUOTE]
Been nice having you on here say Hi to Bubba;)

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Shouldn't be a problem at all.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, they ended up taking it no problem. Now I've got $250 down on my 360s!

[quote name='kataztrophik']Who knew you could be banned for buying TOO much? LOL[/QUOTE]
Sounds like they've tagged you as a reseller. You can sometime call their support number and see why you can't make orders and see if you can get it changed.

6-23-2010 traded in the following games (base value)

DS

• Elite Beat Agents 1.25
  • Wario:Master of Disguise 2.50
  • Quick Yoga Training 1.50
  • Jillian Michaels Fitness 2010 1.75
  • Personal Trainer: Cooking 2.25

XBox 360

• Ninety Nine Nights 2.00

I'm always worried bout being banned from gamestop or gamestop.com but they can't take away your credit that you have accumulated, but i dont know why they wouldnt let you spend your own money. I could see them turning down your trade ins, altho that's their business model so it doesnt make much sense, but i have heard of it. I bought 10 lbps a few months ago for flippn and i never got banned. Im friends with all the workers/managers but i think it is corporate or dms so they couldnt really help me if im banned. i could always have my bf start up his own edge card or something just in case, but that seems like a hassle. you would think you would become a platinum member or something for doing so much business with them and instead they ban you, that sucks. hopefully it's only like a 2week freeze or something like some people have experienced. I would def call or email [email protected] and inquire what is the problem. Tell them you were trading all your friends and family copies or something, no idea. sorry bro

[quote name='Velo214']I'm always worried bout being banned from gamestop or gamestop.com but they can't take away your credit that you have accumulated, but i dont know why they wouldnt let you spend your own money. I could see them turning down your trade ins, altho that's their business model so it doesnt make much sense, but i have heard of it. I bought 10 lbps a few months ago for flippn and i never got banned. Im friends with all the workers/managers but i think it is corporate or dms so they couldnt really help me if im banned. i could always have my bf start up his own edge card or something just in case, but that seems like a hassle. you would think you would become a platinum member or something for doing so much business with them and instead they ban you, that sucks. hopefully it's only like a 2week freeze or something like some people have experienced. I would def call or email [email protected] and inquire what is the problem. Tell them you were trading all your friends and family copies or something, no idea. sorry bro[/QUOTE]

In terms of multiple copy items, I've only traded in 3 NSMB during the 50% trade in promo, and 4 Ener-G Gym Rockets from the Gohastings b2g1 glitch. It really shouldn't be about what I've traded in to Gamestop. I did buy like 9 Press Your Lucks and 5 Lego Indiana Jones 2 to flip to Amazon/Gazelle, but none of those went back to Gamestop. *sigh* I placed a test order with just one item and if it gets cancelled, I'll call. If not, I'll just chalk it up to me being paranoid hah

[quote name='kataztrophik']Has anyone been banned from gamestop's website before? Every single one of my orders from 6/17 on has been cancelled. A few of my B2G1 orders were cancelled, a couple orders using 20 off 39.99 cancelled, then a couple standard orders using 20pre coupon code, and now today's orders. And when I stopped in store to go trade something in the other day, the employee made a copy of my license, which has never happened to me before.

Should I be worried?[/QUOTE]

Unless you are doing some nefarious or illegal, this could just be a symptom of too much trade. Contact help@gamestop and explain the situation, being completely honest if they ask you any questions. Worse case scenario is that the tell you not to do any more trade for a couple of weeks, and then try to spread you trades out more in the future.

That's shitty, though. I hope they can re-activate your orders. It's important to contact them, though, because that will let them know you're willing to seek their help, meaning you aren't trying to do sketchy stuff but are just using their service.

[quote name='Dro']Is an HDMI Cable good enough?[/QUOTE]

No it has to be the composite/component cables as not all 360's and not all TV's have HDMI ports.

This is just an update for the dates. Prices are the same.

Traded in yesterday 6-22-10

Xbox360:
Crackdown - 2.50
Viva Pinata - 3.00

PS3:
Resistance 2 - 6.50
Street Fighter 4 - 4.50

Wii:
Resident Evil 4 - 4.75
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - 6.50

I have a question about gamestop.com.

I preordered Transformers in April using the 25% OFF code with my edge card ($44.99). June 22nd rolls around, and I have $40 on the card, and I get a shipping notification. I thought that was weird, then the next day the game is in my mailbox. I chose ground shipping.... Did they give me free 1 day shipping? (I remember that one code they had recently... but I didn't think it applied to existing preorders...)

Do they charge you the full amount when you preorder now? or did I get a free game? (They canceled my Peace Walker Limited Edition the day they took it off the site... I thought it was because I didn't have enough $ on my card...)

It feels like a free game, so yay! :D

So am I hearing correct in that many Gamestop's already got their second shipments in? I still haven't heard from mine (as I lazily sauntered in a day or so after the first shipments came in, so I just reserved it upon their suggestion).

I am in no rush, and only resrved it because I wasn't sure how hard it would be to just walk in and buy one before the trade in deal ended.

It is possibly by then there was already a lot of reserves so maybe they already sold out their 2nd shipment, but I was just curious if others GS's already got more of em in.

One of my local ones got another shipment in, and I'm going to head down tonight to put $50 down towards one, as they said tonight's the last night they might be doing it. Another location said they had stopped reserves on the Slims.

Traded (base):

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3): $6.50
Watchmen Game-only PS3: $3.25
Heavenly Sword PS3: $6.00
360 Charge Cable: $3.25
PS3 controller usb mini-cable: $1.75
360 20GB Hard-drive: $11.00

[quote name='nietzsche74']Traded (base):

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3): $6.50
Watchmen Game-only PS3: $3.25
Heavenly Sword PS3: $6.00
360 Charge Cable: $3.25
PS3 controller usb mini-cable: $1.75
360 20GB Hard-drive: $11.00[/QUOTE]

I thought the 20 GB hdd was worth 30 dollars.

[quote name='Jay']I thought the 20 GB hdd was worth 30 dollars.[/QUOTE]

It's 30 dollars after the promotion if you're trading it toward the new 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back