GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']the $25 game list is still up, but it expired yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to trade in my Splinter Cell Conviction so, I called this morning to see if the $25 game list is still active and the guy said it still is. Does anyone know if the trade 3 for an extra $10 stacks with a $25 game if I add two other games to the trade?

[quote name='maccabee72']I'm looking to trade in my Splinter Cell Conviction so, I called this morning to see if the $25 game list is still active and the guy said it still is. Does anyone know if the trade 3 for an extra $10 stacks with a $25 game if I add two other games to the trade?[/QUOTE]

It does not stack.

If I trade in a system and then a promotion pops up for an increased value on the system within a week, can I somehow get that increased value because it feels like I was ripped off with my PS3.

Gamestop customer service keeps telling me the return policy and my two stores have the dumb people working today.

Traded in
New Super Mario Bros DS- $17
Chrono Trigger DS- $5.25
Star Ocean First Departure PSP- $4.00

Total with bonus was $36.00

Bought Bad Company 2 for PC, they gave me the limited edition version for normal price, but those shitfucks tore out half of back page of the fucking instruction book. I don't know why.

Just called Gamestop, they do have the 200 dollar PS3 trade in deal.

But dangit.......both of the stores i called so far said i couldnt do an instore Data Transfer, gonna go in personally and ask a manager at a store i know today and see what she says, otherwise no Slim for me

I think its just 200 period o_O, the guy didnt mention having to buy anything when i called.

Though, it seems kind of dumb they havent adopted some sort of instore way to allow you to do Data-Transfers or something (Seeing as there is no other way to do it, short of fronting the 300 dollars for the console then returning it)

Anyone know if they take YLOD PS3's? My 60gb launch console died and is just taking up space...I'd gladly get 200 - refurb fees if they take them. Selling for parts/repair on eBay seems too bothersome.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I think its just 200 period o_O, the guy didnt mention having to buy anything when i called.

Though, it seems kind of dumb they havent adopted some sort of instore way to allow you to do Data-Transfers or something (Seeing as there is no other way to do it, short of fronting the 300 dollars for the console then returning it)[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about the 360 trade in for the Hard Drive?

On the website it says that customers will be given 7 days from the date of new Hardware purchase to transfer data off and return with a hard drive to trade. Proof of purchase must be shown to receive promotional Hard Drive TIV.

You'd have to call and ask yourself, though......i doubt they would give 200 for a giant paperweight. (Unless they are really desperate to build thier stock back up or something)

And no, im talking about the new PS3 deal.

The way the PS3's harddrive works is pure retarded, only way to transfer your data is to literally have the 2 PS3's side by side and use the Data Transfer option. Aside from that, everything else wipes your harddrive clean. (So the only thing you can transfer is game saves, unless they are copy protected)

[quote name='kylerg']Those mother--- removed it from the site.[/QUOTE]

They just posted this to their twitter/facebook:

To everyone asking about our Xbox 360 trade offer: the offer will run through 7/18 for customers who are able to purchase or pick-up a currently reserved Xbox 360 250GB. We are not currently accepting new pre-orders and have taken the offer down from GameStop.com. However, if we begin taking pre-orders again before 7/18, we’ll put the offer back up.

is the new ps3 slim really worth the upgrade if my ps3 160 gig is running fine? i know it would be alot cheaper to just get $60 500gig harddrive for the extra memory but does it ylod less or run cooler or anything? my warranty is dead on my 160 gig so it would be nice to get another 2 year warranty from gamestop just in case, but not sure if that's worth $100+warranty+tax if my system is still running smooth or if i should just upgrade my hd. thanx for any info

[quote name='dgwillia006']You'd have to call and ask yourself, though......i doubt they would give 200 for a giant paperweight. (Unless they are really desperate to build thier stock back up or something)

The way the PS3's harddrive works is pure retarded, only way to transfer your data is to literally have the 2 PS3's side by side and use the Data Transfer option. Aside from that, everything else wipes your harddrive clean. (So the only thing you can transfer is game saves, unless they are copy protected)[/QUOTE]
delete all the game data from the system, not saves, and transfer them by USB yourself.

[quote name='dgwillia006']You'd have to call and ask yourself, though......i doubt they would give 200 for a giant paperweight. (Unless they are really desperate to build thier stock back up or something)

The way the PS3's harddrive works is pure retarded, only way to transfer your data is to literally have the 2 PS3's side by side and use the Data Transfer option. Aside from that, everything else wipes your harddrive clean. (So the only thing you can transfer is game saves, unless they are copy protected)[/QUOTE]

If you use the transfer utility it will even transfer copy-protected saved games to another ps3. http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/3_15/settings/transferutility.html

[quote name='Velo214']is the new ps3 slim really worth the upgrade if my ps3 160 gig is running fine? i know it would be alot cheaper to just get $60 500gig harddrive for the extra memory but does it ylod less or run cooler or anything? my warranty is dead on my 160 gig so it would be nice to get another 2 year warranty from gamestop just in case, but not sure if that's worth $100+warranty+tax if my system is still running smooth or if i should just upgrade my hd. thanx for any info[/QUOTE]
I am not sure about the 160GB, but the 80GB I had was much noisier than my Slim. Either way, I am not sure it is worth the extra $100 unless you consider the peace of mind in a new warranty.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Traded in
New Super Mario Bros DS- $17
Chrono Trigger DS- $5.25
Star Ocean First Departure PSP- $4.00

Total with bonus was $36.00

Bought Bad Company 2 for PC, they gave me the limited edition version for normal price, but those shitfucks tore out half of back page of the fucking instruction book. I don't know why.[/QUOTE]

Is there a limited edition vip code inside the box anywhere? My bet is thats what was on the back page of your instruction manual that they tore off. I know they put the new one use codes for the ufc and tiger woods and such on the back of the manual...They did the same thing to me when I bought lego rock band brand new in one of their sales where they "just open the games" for you and dont take anything out and when I tried to use the code inside it was already used.. Argued with their customer support and they told me to go to the store and the store told me to contact their customer support.. At times I wanna slap someone at gamestop

Wonder what is required with the PS3 trade in and how long it will last. I've got two pretty new games I could trade in, and if I beat RDR soon I might upgrade my 40 gb to one of the slims.

A slim PS3 and 360 would look so nice next to each other :D

[quote name='Mizzou75']Wonder what is required with the PS3 trade in and how long it will last. I've got two pretty new games I could trade in, and if I beat RDR soon I might upgrade my 40 gb to one of the slims.

A slim PS3 and 360 would look so nice next to each other :D[/QUOTE]
Slim 360 and slim Ps3 do look nice together :3

Prety awesome, just left gamestop, the manager said that she would let me do an in-store data transfer :D. Now to figure out where the heck im gonna get 100$'s from

Also, the manager said she "Thinks" the sale lasts 2 weeks, since it just started

[quote name='dgwillia006']Prety awesome, just left gamestop, the manager said that she would let me do an in-store data transfer :D. Now to figure out where the heck im gonna get 100$'s from

Also, the manager said she "Thinks" the sale lasts 2 weeks, since it just started[/QUOTE]

Plasma

Now time to think is it worth it to trade in my BC 60gb Media player for $200? Tops I'm seeing these days on even EBAY is roughly a bit over $200 with games, etc...

[quote name='azngtlman']Now time to think is it worth it to trade in my BC 60gb Media player for $200? Tops I'm seeing these days on even EBAY is roughly a bit over $200 with games, etc...[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been debating myself - I have a BC 60GB I bought 2 months after launch. I don't really use it for PS2 games anymore, and I still have a PS2 anyway, so BC isn't really an issue for me. It seems silly to "upgrade" a perfectly working PS3, but I am scared of the YLOD and ending up with a paperweight.

same with me i have a 60gb but the thing is i open mine every 3-6 month and vacuum all the dust so i dont get the ylod . and these fat ps3 does get really hot . maybe i should just save the money and get a fan for it

Mine is still working perfectly but yes I'm afraid of the YLOD and even playing videos and dvd's the fan kicks into overdrive after 15 minutes or so. I'd probably just either use my xbox or get a new slim eventually. Plus I've been thinking about selling this one for well over a year as I don't game on it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop is filling some used systems inventory with all of us worrying about rrod and ylod and spending cash/credit on the exact/upgraded systems... but we all hate stressing about the future without our games! I think im gonna do what shipwreck did and just upgrade to a $60 500gig soon enough, and hope my 160gig doesnt bite the dust and go from 200tiv->0tiv...

Dunno, if your PS3 Phat is brand new or whatever, then yeah, theres not much of a need to upgrade, but i personally have had mine for pretty much 2 years now. And i know the average lifespan is anywhere between 2-4 years. And i seriously doubt we are gonna see a deal better than 200 TiV.

So i'd rather go for the upgrade now so i dont have to worry about something randomly conking out for a few years. Managed to find 3 games that i have that are worth quite a decent value, so now i just need to come up with the last 40 bucks ^_^.

[quote name='joefish84']I assume this $200 PS3 trade in deal is for store credit only? How much would they give in cash?[/QUOTE]
Promotions don't apply to cash trades. Youll get 20% off the base trade in.

wow thanx for all the info dgwillia006. just 2 more q's.
are you buying a new ps3 slim bundle and they offer 2 year warranties for those?
and is the data transfer cable the same as controller charging cable or something else? i can buy it with cred, transfer my data and then return my old ps3 for 200 cred.
thanx alot

Im just buying the 120 Gig one, i can barely afford that XD. And you need an ethernet cable to transfer. And i was pretty sure all new PS3's came with the 2 year warranties, then you could always pay for that extended one or whatever

Not really sure on the whole Data Transfer situation myself, trying to find out more on how it works and what transfers

[quote name='dgwillia006']Im just buying the 120 Gig one, i can barely afford that XD. And you need an ethernet cable to transfer. And i was pretty sure all new PS3's came with the 2 year warranties, then you could always pay for that extended one or whatever

Not really sure on the whole Data Transfer situation myself, trying to find out more on how it works and what transfers

Does anyone know about the Data Transfer part though? I literally have like 250+ dollars worth of shared games on my PS3, and if they wont function on the new one (Because i cant redownload them or access the accounts), i probally wouldnt upgrade at all

I did some trades today. I turned about $35 of games into $123 in credit.

Trade values(base value first, after promo + Edge in () ):

:ps3:

Singstar Volume 2(x3)- $4.50($8.28)
Singstar Microphones(x3)- $2.75($3.03)
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift(x3)- $9.25($13.50)
Battlefield: Bad Company- $5.00($8.83)
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009-$4.00($7.73)
Lord Of The Rings Conquest- $6.00($9.93)
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames- $3.50($7.18)
Red Faction Guerrilla- $5.50($9.38)

and ONE DS game:lol:

:ds:

Sudoku Ball Detective- $2.00($5.56)

got rid of 12 games today. A lot of prices are the same in the lists, but some dates are older.

xbox 360
Burnout Paradise - $5 same price
Forza 2 - $1.50 same price
Halo 3: ODST - $8 same price
Mercenaries 2 - $3 same price
Operation Darkness - $2.50 same price
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $4 same price
Saints Row 2 - $5 same price
Simpsons - $6 same price
Street Fighter IV - $3 same price
Transformers - $3 same price
Warriors Orochi 2 - $6 up 1?

ps3
UFC Undisputed 2009 - $5 same price

my ps2's from like a decade ago still work great but after my 1 year warranty just ran out on my 160 gig ps3 i could see it going dead. i just dont trust systems these days from the horror stories i hear. and yeah hopefully all games transfer fine, like i downloaded flow when it was free and i heard if you redownload that they charge you even tho it is in my downloaded list. so idk... maybe i will just stick it out and risk it, idk. thanx alot tho for everyone's help. 200 is alot to pass on, but its running fine but you never know after a year if it will just die.

Dunno, its up to you, especially if your PS3 is BC or whatever.

Im trying to consider whether or not if i want to do the deal now seeing as apparently shared games dont work unless you reactivate them on the new system, which i cant do, which means i lose about 80% of my PSN games

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back