GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my 80gb today and got the full $200. Thing that sucked was that my Sixaxis apparently died out and would sync with the system. Had to drive back home and trade in one of my Dualshocks.

I'm really happy though cause the system couldnt read any bluray discs so I just packed it up and left it in my closet for the past 4-5 months. Took it out this morning to try it out and it could read them again.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Traded in my 40GB model this morning. They just hooked it up and reset the system to factory settings. The system was nicked and had some problems with loading games and such.

Traded the GS credit for $175 Paypal, so I'm very happy with the turnout.[/QUOTE]

You can do this?

So, if you went with store credit you would have $200, right?

And, if you went with cash you would have $110, right?

I guess what I'm saying is, I didn't know you can trade for paypal. And, I guess you get more for paypal than cash?

So, can someone clarify this for me?

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Anyone have a good screen shot of the extra $5 trade in coupon? I'm a CAG and I want my extra $5 since I didn't get an email!![/QUOTE]

It was in this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7347439#post7347439

Enjoy. I only remember around what page it was cuz I was looking for the damned thing myself for yesterday. Glad I got the extra $5 on Prince of Persia. :D

EDIT: Remember to right click the image, save it, then print it. Also JP any chance you can put it in the OP until Sunday night?

Well it seems that today Gamestop dropped the price of the Used Xbox 360 systems and trade in values.

Console + Wired now is 40.00 TIV and 109.99 for sale
Console + Wireless now is 50.00 TIV and 119.99 for sale

Wii also dropped to 129.99 but didn't ask about the TIV

[quote name='dramasetter929']If i have the hdmi wire only, will they accept the trade in or will i need the composites as well/?[/QUOTE]

It depends on how cool your Gamestop is. They might charge you a refurb fee because you don't have the original cable, but then give you some credit for the HDMI. Or they might not take it altogether.

When I was going to trade in my Wii, I HAD to have the shitty composite cables, so I let my girlfriend have my component ones in exchange for her composite.

Here's some base values from about an hour ago; the bolded ones are values that changed from what was listed:

:360:

Guitar Hero: Van Halen $7.00
Star Ocean: The Last Hope $9.00
Dark Sector $1.50
Conflict: Denied Ops $5.00
Brutal Legend $5.00
Wanted: Weapons of Fate $4.00
Fable II $3.00
The Godfather $3.00
Velvet Assassin $2.50

:ps3:

NBA 09: The Inside $3.00

:psp:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 $3.00

:wii:

Madworld $2.50

[quote name='TheTacoMonster']You can do this?

So, if you went with store credit you would have $200, right?

And, if you went with cash you would have $110, right?

I guess what I'm saying is, I didn't know you can trade for paypal. And, I guess you get more for paypal than cash?

So, can someone clarify this for me?[/QUOTE]

He sold it to someone.

[quote name='dramasetter929']If i have the hdmi wire only, will they accept the trade in or will i need the composites as well/?[/QUOTE]

Check and see if GS has an official ones on sale. Mine had some MS official composite ones for $5

Base trade-in prices (6/30/2010):

PS3:
Bioshock - 8.25
Bioshock 2 - 9
God of War: Collection - 7.75
God of War III - 12
Half Life 2: Orange Box - 8
Infamous - 8
Katamari Forever - 14.50
Monsters vs Aliens - 4.25
Resident Evil 5 - 7
Resistance - 4.25
Uncharted - 7.50
Valkyria Chronicles - 5

PS2:
Dark Cloud - 1.50
Dark Cloud 2 - 4.50
Lord of the Rings: Third Age - 2
Madagascar - 2.25
Rayman 2 - 1.50
Shadow of the Colossus - 5.50
Shark Tale - 0.80
Simpsons: Hit & Run - 3.25
Spiderman 2 - 1.75
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 2.75
Star Wars: Battlefront - 4

DS:
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - 2.75
Children of Mana - 1.75
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - 1.75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate - 3.25
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 2.50
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 4.50
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - 9.25
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 3.50
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - 3.50

Non trade in related GS story from today.

I stopped at the only local HWV that's still in the process of going out of biz. They're up to 50% off both new and used games. So I snagged both Uncharteds, Sid Meier's Civ Rev and the Watchmen: End Is Nigh game.

Unfortunately, NONE of the games had their original cases but Uncharted did have it's manual in the case.

So I stopped by the really lenient GS in my area, threw down a $5 pre-order for Dead Rising 2 and they let me swap out the HWV case with half coverart for one complete with a manual and full coverart.

Lucky for me I have those cases from HWV, since I had one for the original Uncharted and Civ Rev. Now I just have to decide if I wanna find a real case w/ manual for Watchmen.:think:

Non trade in related GS story from today.

I stopped at the only local HWV that's still in the process of going out of biz. They're up to 50% off both new and used games. So I snagged both Uncharteds, Sid Meier's Civ Rev and the Watchmen: End Is Nigh game.

Unfortunately, NONE of the games had their original cases but Uncharted did have it's manual in the case.

So I stopped by the really lenient GS in my area, threw down a $5 pre-order for Dead Rising 2 and they let me swap out the HWV case with half coverart for one complete with a manual and full coverart for Uncharted 2.

Lucky for me I have those cases from HWV, since I had one for the original Uncharted and Civ Rev. Now I just have to decide if I wanna find a real case w/ manual for Watchmen.:whistle2:k

Of course, now I'm also wondering if I should've bought HWV's last new copy of God Of War 3 for $30 and made some CAG's day by selling it to them for like $35 shipped.;) It'll probably be gone by tomorrow though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Non trade in related GS story from today.

So I stopped by the really lenient GS in my area, threw down a $5 pre-order for Dead Rising 2 and they let me swap out the HWV case with half coverart for one complete with a manual and full coverart for Uncharted 2.

Lucky for me I have those cases from HWV, since I had one for the original Uncharted and Civ Rev. Now I just have to decide if I wanna find a real case w/ manual for Watchmen.:whistle2:k

Of course, now I'm also wondering if I should've bought HWV's last new copy of God Of War 3 for $30 and made some CAG's day by selling it to them for like $35 shipped.;) It'll probably be gone by tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]

I wish the Hollywoods around here would have had games that good during their closing sales. I couldn't find anything good at any of them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Non trade in related GS story from today.

Of course, now I'm also wondering if I should've bought HWV's last new copy of God Of War 3 for $30 and made some CAG's day by selling it to them for like $35 shipped.;) It'll probably be gone by tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]

The watchman game was pretty bad...I wouldn't even bother trying to find a case and manual for it. Your better off getting what enjoyment you can out of it and immediately trade it into gamestop...at least take advantage of the trade 3 for 10....was not at all impressed with the watchman game.

[quote name='Warner1281']Base trade-in prices (6/30/2010):

PS3:
Bioshock - 8.25
Bioshock 2 - 9
God of War: Collection - 7.75
God of War III - 12
Half Life 2: Orange Box - 8
Infamous - 8
Katamari Forever - 14.50
Monsters vs Aliens - 4.25
Resident Evil 5 - 7
Resistance - 4.25
Uncharted - 7.50
Valkyria Chronicles - 5

PS2:
Dark Cloud - 1.50
Dark Cloud 2 - 4.50
Lord of the Rings: Third Age - 2
Madagascar - 2.25
Rayman 2 - 1.50
Shadow of the Colossus - 5.50
Shark Tale - 0.80
Simpsons: Hit & Run - 3.25
Spiderman 2 - 1.75
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 2.75
Star Wars: Battlefront - 4

DS:
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - 2.75
Children of Mana - 1.75
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - 1.75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate - 3.25
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 2.50
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 4.50
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - 9.25
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 3.50
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - 3.50[/QUOTE]

Plz tell me u didnt actually trade in those two Phoenix Wright games for 3.50 each...

I would have loved to trade in my 40GB but the damn thing just stopped reading blu-ray games like a week ago so I'm out of luck.

Looks like I'm stuck paying sony $120 + losing all my data.

[quote name='TheRock88']Traded in my 80gb today and got the full $200. Thing that sucked was that my Sixaxis apparently died out and would sync with the system. Had to drive back home and trade in one of my Dualshocks.

I'm really happy though cause the system couldnt read any bluray discs so I just packed it up and left it in my closet for the past 4-5 months. Took it out this morning to try it out and it could read them again.[/QUOTE]

Did they pop a disc into it to try it out? Mine is iffy right now, sometimes it will play discs and sometimes it won't. Also, anyone know if the slim has the same bluray reading issues or other issues? If it does I'm more inclined to get the 360S and buy a standalone bluray player.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I have a 40GB PS3. Now I'm pondering whether to upgrade to a slim. Really want to do it, but not sure if I should or not.[/QUOTE]

For $100 and a new system, it's really a good deal if you have the 40GB imo. You get a new warranty and everything with it too, and you can just back up all your saves onto a flash drive or something.

Do you have any games to trade in? That's what usually helps make the deal there.

[quote name='xMalachi']Did they pop a disc into it to try it out? Mine is iffy right now, sometimes it will play discs and sometimes it won't. Also, anyone know if the slim has the same bluray reading issues or other issues? If it does I'm more inclined to get the 360S and buy a standalone bluray player.[/QUOTE]

Yea, he popped in Lost Planet 2 to make sure it works. Funny thing was he wanted to try a level to make sure the system could read the disc but the game required an install. We waited for like 3 minutes and it was still less than halfway done and he just said screw it and said it worked fine and processed the trade in.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yea, he popped in Lost Planet 2 to make sure it works. Funny thing was he wanted to try a level to make sure the system could read the disc but the game required an install. We waited for like 3 minutes and it was still less than halfway done and he just said screw it and said it worked fine and processed the trade in.[/QUOTE]

Lol he just wanted to play games at work. Well, hopefully it's having a good day today then.

[quote name='xMalachi']Lol he just wanted to play games at work. Well, hopefully it's having a good day today then.[/QUOTE]

He was nearly finished with the game, but how could he finish it if a customer's there waiting to be paid moneys? Play the game at work to make sure your console works. Two hours later, he admits, "Yah, I guess it works."

Brilliant!

I'll be working on updating in the next hour. Between work and internet issues haven't had a chance yet. Sorry bout that guys.

[quote name='FlameOnMe']Plz tell me u didnt actually trade in those two Phoenix Wright games for 3.50 each...[/QUOTE]

How much are they worth? I traded in a bunch of them and got the about $7-$9 each on them after bonuses just like the above poster did. They sell for under $20 used, it's not like they're Tetris DS.

[quote name='jp0213']I'll be working on updating in the next hour. Between work and internet issues haven't had a chance yet. Sorry bout that guys.[/QUOTE]
No need to apologize. You do more on this thread than most other thread OPs combined. I think people can wait a few hours for updates. And if not...fudge 'em.

New base TIVs for PS3
Star Wars:The Force Unleashed $4.75
Prince of Persia $4.50
Blur $21

Trades from 7/1

PSP

Xmen Legends 2 2.75

DS

The World Ends With You 6.25

PS3

Bionic Commando 1.75

Motorstorm 2.75

Chronicles of Riddick 3.50

Burnout Paradise 5.00

Ninja Blade 6.00

Eternal Sonata 7.00

Terminator Salvation 5.00

Overlord 3.00

Left 4 Dead 4.00

Soul calibur IV 5.00

Got hit with refurb fees on games that did not have original packaging however he didn't notice what appears to be white out on the inner ring of the Soul Caliber Disc. Would have took them to another Gamestop but Arizona with no air conditioning at noon sucks.

[quote name='wrencrest']No need to apologize. You do more on this thread than most other thread OPs combined. I think people can wait a few hours for updates. And if not...fudge 'em.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the kind words. I try to stay within a certain time frame but I've been a bit behind on this thread and GS Weekly Ad thread the past couple weeks. I need another vacation, a real one this time.

Updated lists and database.

Traded in the following games today:

Assassin’s Creed 2 (PS3) - $8.50

Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (Wii) - $4.25

NBA 09 (PSP) - $3.50

DS

Suikoden Tierkreis - $4.25

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $2.25

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - $3.00

All TIVs are base. The computer wasn’t registering the promo properly so the CSR had to add $3.33 to each game. Fortunately for me, this bumped up the Edge bonus, so I got an extra $2 of trade credit.

i could be totally wrong and im sorry if someone else has stated this before, but do you think they are making room for the possible console/move controller bundles that may be coming out. not to crazy about the move controller personally, but should be interesting if the controller/game/console/eye toy bundle comes out.

would i be able to trade in my old 20gb ps3 and use to 200 credit on anything, or is it only towards the slim? I never use ps3 anymore and have no use for a new one.

[quote name='keestercake']would i be able to trade in my old 20gb ps3 and use to 200 credit on anything, or is it only towards the slim? I never use ps3 anymore and have no use for a new one.[/QUOTE]

The way I understand it the trade is for credit toward anything, everyone just seems to be using this opportunity to unload old PS3 hardware and get the latest.

Gotta admit, I'm debating it as well. The 40G model I bought off eBay 3 weeks ago has a fan that is louder than my 360 and that worries me.

Wow I'm SO close to ditching my PS3. Store credit wouldnt do much good, id still need a blu-ray player lol.

[quote name='Abe_Froman']The way I understand it the trade is for credit toward anything, everyone just seems to be using this opportunity to unload old PS3 hardware and get the latest.

Gotta admit, I'm debating it as well. The 40G model I bought off eBay 3 weeks ago has a fan that is louder than my 360 and that worries me.[/QUOTE]

Correct, Mr. Sausage King of Chicago, and if I was you I would be rid of this "vacuum cleaner" before it goes kaput.

Its crazy...i finally bit and traded in my refurb. 60gb ps3 and somehow got 265 dollars for it...he had told me it was some promo that was only happening in ny,nyc...anyone here from NYC had that same luck or was i a victim of pure luck...either way i didn't even pay a cent out of pockets and walked out with a brand new 120gb

Does Gamestop accept PS3s that have the side sticker removed? I remember hearing that they won't take HDD replaced PS3s so I'm thinking of swapping mine again. Any idea? The sticker I'm talking about is the one you need to remove in order to open the system.

Well, my PS3 behaved and played some blu rays tonight. I got a 250GB Slim in return for my on its lasts limb 40GB. Going to be playing Infamous again I guess. Just a heads up guys if you got the bundle and are thinking about trading the games in, I would wait 30 days because if you have to return the system for any reason you won't be able to.

Base TIVs for 7/1/10

Wii
Component Cables - $4.50

Xbox 360
Component Cables - $4.50
You're in the Movies (game only) - $0.50
Live Vision Camera - $4.25
Play and Charge Kit - $5.75

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back