GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Is there a difference between the LE and standard editions of Battlefield Bad Company 2 since almost all first copies of the game were the LE?[/QUOTE]

In terms of Game Stop TIV, LE games are almost always the same unless there is additional content on the actual game disc (ie. BF: Bad Company Gold).

Updated lists and database. Got all of the 360 titles from #-D on the list converted over to the BBCode version. I'm not sure if this is going to work so I'm probably going to stop there for now and get some more input from everyone. It may be a moot point anyway, I'll probably hit character limit before I get all systems tagged like that. I already take up the first 5 posts, not sure if I need to take up more. Guess I could re-arrange everything, again. Also there seems to be a problem with coding/linking of games & in the title

[prices=360]Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts[/prices].

For the trade 3 get $10, can you trade in 9 games at the same time and get an extra $30 or would you need to trade them in in separate groups of 3?

You can do it as multiples of 3. There have been people who have done 30 games and got the promo applied to each set properly.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm confused about the 360 trade up promo, is that still active? I clicked on the "more details" link to GS.com and the page has been removed. If I go in on Friday when they are supposed to get the consoles in, would I be able to trade in stuff for a bonus?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can still trade up until 7/18 if they have a new console available in store.

Traded these in today for the :ds:

Prices Before Edge and Promos

Guitar Hero On tour Bundle $4.00
Guitar Hero On Tour Decades Bundle $4.50
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 $2.50
Looney Tunes Duck Amuck $2.50
Puzzle Quest $3.00
Metroid Prime Pinball $2.00
Cake Mania $3.25
Nitendogs: Chihuahua $4.25
Sims 2 $5.75
Eco Creatures $2.25
Warioware: Touched $4.00
Super Mario 64 DS $7.00
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime $1.75
Final Fantasy III $3.00
Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise $3.00

Total After Trades and Promos $113.51

[quote name='hqn101']yea for me put disc in didnt read and charged a $65 refurb fee, im still happy as the non working console would of just sat there.[/QUOTE]

hmm maybe i'll just take a hit if they're gonna take off $65. it's just sitting around as well.

Transformers: War For Cybertron (PS3) $23.00
Dawn of Discovery (Wii) $4.00
EA Active (Wii) $11.25
Tales of Symphonia (Wii) $6.75

When I traded in Transformers, I noticed they gave me $48.43 in credit for it alone. It showed $23.00 base, $18.00 price override (I used the 30% coupon but that's not $18.00), $4.10 for Edge, and $3.33 for the $10 extra promo. I wasn't complaining. Lol.

Got $80 for those 4 games, more than what I paid way back.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']for those that have traded in a ps3, did they check to see if it'd read a disc?

my first ps3, the blu-ray lens died (i think) because it doesn't read any discs. xmb and what not still turns on.

may go for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

My PS3 video output was set to HDMI, the guy at the store could not get it to show on the AV cables, he just took my word about the PS3 being in good conditions that I may add it was in excellent condition.

He did not perform any kind of tests on it.

[quote name='obijuan71']My PS3 video output was set to HDMI, the guy at the store could not get it to show on the AV cables, he just took my word about the PS3 being in good conditions that I may add it was in excellent condition.

He did not perform any kind of tests on it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I took in mine in the box and he just verified that I had all the parts to it. Didn't even look at the system itself.

[quote name='davesandstorm']Same here, I took in mine in the box and he just verified that I had all the parts to it. Didn't even look at the system itself.[/QUOTE]

you guys got lucky with employees who didnt care

[quote name='hqn101']you guys got lucky with employees who didnt care[/QUOTE]
Very lucky. The only time I've ever traded in a console and they didn't check it was when I traded in my 40GB PS3 that I had gotten for free. It was at the mall store in Evansville, IN and I knew the store manager there very well. I had brought it in with the original box, paperwork and even that dustcover thing or whatever they wrap the console in. He opened the box and looked in. The new guy that was working with him that day asked why he didn't check it to make sure it worked and he flat out told him "This guy takes pristine care of his stuff. Never do what I'm doing but he does enough business here that I know it's fine." Granted, not the best excuse in the world but it saved me a lot of time that day. I miss that store. They would get thins in from other districts for me too.

[quote name='hqn101']you guys got lucky with employees who didnt care[/QUOTE]

The guy I got was a manager, I was surprised that he didn't take the time to at least look at the console beyond checking for all the cables. He wasn't overly busy or anything at the time, just a few customers that he could have easily taken care of while verifying that my system was operational.

Traded in my 40 gig PS3 for $200

:ps3: ModNation Racers $23
:360:Call of Duty: WAW $6
:360:Rock Band: Green Day $20
:360:Wired Controller $9.50
:360:2 Charge Cables $3.25 each

After bonus and promos walked off with a 250 gig PS3 slim for $90 cash out of pocket. Thanks for posting the PS3 trade deal :)

Updated lists and database. I have also converted all of the 360 values to the new style listing I'm trying out. I think it looks a little busy but that's mostly because of the 360 icon every line. I'm going to leave it like this for the 360 games for 2-3 weeks and see what feedback there is. Depending upon what is said, all the listings will be converted to that or I'll remove the 360 ones being listed like that. Also, let me know if any of them don't pop up properly. I already know about the games that have & in the title not working correctly but if there are any others please let me know. I might have skipped a letter or something when typing it out.

Don't know but I think I'm using the BBCode in a manner it wasn't originally intended for. The way it looks like it was supposed to be used was more for smaller lists of games and to get quick info on a game that's on-sale. It wasn't really designed for re-listing the entire CAG game database, which is what this thread is. The only reason I even thought about using it in here is instead of having to go to the game page or search for the game under each retailer individually you could just use the pop-up to compare the TIVs from multiple locations.

I will definitely say though, if I do end up rolling everything over to that it's going to be a slow rollover. The 360 list I did over two different time periods in a day and I feel like my eyes are going to bleed. It'll be similar as to when I started moving over all of the TIV data from the lists to the database except this will be much more tedious. The spellings have to be exact for the pop-up to work correctly. The PS2 list alone will probably make me go insane. Not to mention the fact is that I have a bad feeling that I'm going to start running into the character limit with the current list groupings if I move all the values over to this style. I like the current groups because they seem very logical. At least to me.

I also apparently ramble on too much about things that aren't all that important. Nothing to see here people, move along.

okay so starcraft ii is having a 25% bonus for trade-ins. So if i trade ps2/gba games I will get the boost even if the clerk/manager doesn't know about it right? The computer will do it for me, is that correct?

[quote name='backseatdog']okay so starcraft ii is having a 25% bonus for trade-ins. So if i trade ps2/gba games I will get the boost even if the clerk/manager doesn't know about it right? The computer will do it for me, is that correct?[/QUOTE]
That would be correct, kind of. At one time the 25% bonus towards pre-orders of "Game X" you would require that they would scan a barcode from their marketing or store materials for it to work. Sometimes they didn't have the barcode or didn't know about it. I'm not sure if that is still the case but I would speak with them to be sure and go in with some knowledge of what you might get. Now with a lot of the PS2/GBA games the values are old so that may not help as much.

[quote name='jp0213']That would be correct, kind of. At one time the 25% bonus towards pre-orders of "Game X" you would require that they would scan a barcode from their marketing or store materials for it to work. Sometimes they didn't have the barcode or didn't know about it. I'm not sure if that is still the case but I would speak with them to be sure and go in with some knowledge of what you might get. Now with a lot of the PS2/GBA games the values are old so that may not help as much.[/QUOTE]

Thanks jp. There are a few ps2/gba games that I know of that will benefit from the 25%. Usually anything mario.

Can I trade in a PS3 with a Sixaxis? If so, how much cheaper is it to buy a single Sixaxis controller than a dual shock?
I plan on buying a new slim PS3.

I have a dual shock right now, but if a Sixaxis is cheap enough I may just buy one to trade with my PS3. I'll keep the dual shock I currently have, and will have a second dual shock from my new PS3.

Traded in a bunch of games with the extra $10 bonus. Here's some more base values for you guys:

DS Geometry Wars: Galaxies- $1.75
PS3 Guitar Hero: World Tour- $1.50
360 Fear Files- $2.50
360 Fracture- $2.50
360 Timeshift- $1.50
360 X-Blades- $2.50
DS Imagine: Family Doctor- $4.25
PS3 MLB 2k9- $5.00
PS3 Bakugan- $7.00
PSP LocoRoco 2- $3.00
360 Golden Axe: Beast Rider- $3.00
360 TMNT- $4.00
360 Tenchu Z- $4.00
360 Gun- $3.00
360 Guilty Gear 2: Overture- $3.00

Heh, my neighborhood is having its annual yard sale this weekend. My aunt had hers last week and I bought 6 wii games from her for a $1 each and cashed in for the T3G10 deal today. Ended up with $40 and change in credit. Yard sales are so great when they have games and coincide with store trade-in deals:lol:

TIV from Today ALL 360

NBA Live 2006 - $.50
MagnaCarta 2 - $10.00
NCAA Football 2010 - $3.00
Beautiful Katamari - $9.00
PGR 4 - $1.50
Call of Duty 3 - $3.00
Cars $3.00

[quote name='Unaki']Heh, my neighborhood is having its annual yard sale this weekend. My aunt had hers last week and I bought 6 wii games from her for a $1 each and cashed in for the T3G10 deal today. Ended up with $40 and change in credit. Yard sales are so great when they have games and coincide with store trade-in deals:lol:[/QUOTE]
You didn't give her a heads up on the dealio;)

[quote name='freeorelse']You didn't give her a heads up on the dealio;)[/QUOTE]
I told her about it. She would never use any credit she may have gotten since her kid only has a DS and a Wii and they have the less moral means of getting games (Another family member does it for them) for those systems. She just needed to unload a bunch of stuff because she hates clutter.

About an hour ago I traded in my 2+ year old 40 gb phat ps3 and Blur.

:ps3: phat 200.00 (system, six axis, usb charge cable, and power cable)
:ps3: Blur 23.00 (still holding)

232.20 = total after 40% extra trade in on Blur

Base TIV as of today

iconxbox360.gif

MX vs ATV Untamed - 6

iconds.gif

Star Fox Command - 1.75

[quote name='Amnion']Traded in a bunch of games with the extra $10 bonus. Here's some more base values for you guys:

DS Geometry Wars: Galaxies- $1.75
PS3 Guitar Hero: World Tour- $1.50
360 Fear Files- $2.50
360 Fracture- $2.50
360 Timeshift- $1.50
360 X-Blades- $2.50
DS Imagine: Family Doctor- $4.25
PS3 MLB 2k9- $5.00
PS3 Bakugan- $7.00
PSP LocoRoco 2- $3.00
360 Golden Axe: Beast Rider- $3.00
360 TMNT- $4.00
360 Tenchu Z- $4.00
360 Gun- $3.00
360 Guilty Gear 2: Overture- $3.00[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one surprised Gun still gets $3.00?

Oh,

7/7

360 Red Dead Redemption $25.00

Scribblenauts - 10.25
Retro Game Challenge - 3.25
Puzzle Quest Galactrix DS - 2.00
Fire Emblem DS - 5.00
Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World - 6.75
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Wii - 12.00
Red Steel 2 - 13.75
Grandia III - 4.50
Drakengard 2 - 0.90
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - 16.50
Assassin's Creed II (Xbox360) - 6.00
Split Second (PS3) - 22.00
Wii Play - 3.25
Endless Ocean: Blue World - 8.75

[quote name='paddlefoot']Am I the only one surprised Gun still gets $3.00?

Oh,

7/7

360 Red Dead Redemption $25.00[/QUOTE]

Yea same. I got it 2 and a half years ago for $5 at Best Buy.

I think it still fetches that much cause it just didn't sell that well on the 360 anyway. Also it's a pretty good game, I liked it alot.

Updated lists and database.

Still having issues with the pop-ups on titles that I pulled the code directly from their $ icon.

Base Prices from today.

GCN

Mario Party 4 - 4.50
Mario Party 5 - 6.25
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - 4.75
SSX Tricky - .70
Timesplitters 2 - 1.75
Mario Power Tennis - 2.75
Donkey Konga (Game only) - 1.00
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition - 10.25

DS

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - 1.75
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land - 3.25
Clubhouse Games - 4.00
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble - 1.25
Konami Classics: Arcade Hits - 3.00
Worms 2: Open Warfare - 2.50

Wii

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 16.50
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - 8.25
Guitar Hero 3 (game only) - 2.75
Wii Sports - 4.75

PGR 4 - 1.50
Infinite Undiscovery - 5.00
The Orange Box - 5.00
Bionic Commando - 1.00

Will work on the list and database here in a few. Got the name change thing going on. Still the same old jp0213, everyone called me JP so I figured I might as well get it changed to JP.

Any CA area CAGs ever try to cash a out a gift card with less than $10 for cash. I believe there is California law saying retailers must cash out gift cards less than 10 bucks upon request. Anynbody ever try this at Gamestop?

Kane and Lynch PS3 6.00
Red Steel wii 2.75
Madden 07 wii 3.00
Bigs Wiii 4.00
Jericho 360 1.50
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific 360 5.00
stranglehold 360 1.50
PGR 4 360 1.50
Froza Motor Sport 2 1.00

Updated lists and database. Also appears that the guys in charge fixed the & and ' glitches with the BBCode. All should now be working in the 360 list. If there are any that are not. Let me know because I can guarantee it's a problem with my listing of it at this point.

:360: Battlefield Bad Company - $3
:360: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $20
:360: Red Dead Redemption - $25
:360: Wolfenstein - $7
:360: Bakugan - $7
:360: Dark Void - $5
:360: Fracture - $2.50
:360: Tekken 6 - $9
:ps3: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 - $1.50

Those games, plus my 40 gb PS3 (that I paid $175 for back in February) got me $318 which turned into a shiny new 120 gb Slim and $18 in credit. Woot.

More for today - thinning out the collection:

Wizard of Oz DS - 5.75
Shadow of the Colossus PS2 - 5.50
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones GC - 2.75
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands PS3 - 10.00
Deathsmiles Xbox360 - 16.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back