GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KongaKing']Just wanted to say thanks again to JP for all the hard work you do. Really do appreciate it[/QUOTE]
I really don't do much, just sort and input data but thank you. It's always nice to feel appreciated.:)

Also, lists and database updated.

[quote name='BleedBlue08'] All TIV were the same as the CAG database so no need to update anything.[/QUOTE]

Which TIV's were the same, and when? ....see my point? There is still a need to tell what games held their values, so a possibly old, outdated value can be confirmed.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Anyone know if NSMBWii is still trading for $25.50?

Crap I had no idea it was that high I thought last time I checked it was lower![/QUOTE]

Oh man I remember when the gamestops in my area had a 50% bonus trade in credit. I ordered like 6 NSMB off of gmaestop.com during their b2g1. Turned $120 into $240. Got the Big Boss Bundle and Peace Walker Collector's Edition for $20 out of my pocket. Even got six $10 off codes that I'm still using. That was great :lol:

[quote name='Distrato']Oh man I remember when the gamestops in my area had a 50% bonus trade in credit. I ordered like 6 NSMB off of gmaestop.com during their b2g1. Turned $120 into $240. Got the Big Boss Bundle and Peace Walker Collector's Edition for $20 out of my pocket. Even got six $10 off codes that I'm still using. That was great :lol:[/QUOTE]
That was really helpful, thanks.

TIV (7/8/10):

:psp: Star Wars: Force Unleashed - $5.75
:psp: Secret Agent Clank - $4.00

:360: Lego Batman - $3.00

:ds: Pokemon Diamond - $6.50

:ps3: Def Jam Icon - $5.00
:ps3: MUA - $5.00
:ps3: Resistance: FoM - $3.00
:ps3: Star Wars: Force Unleashed - $5.00
:ps3: Tony Hawk's Project 8 - $4.00

Didn't see any hardware/accessories in the database, but I traded the following today:

:360: wired headset - 2 @ $5.00 each
:ps3: Sixaxis controller - $13.25

Got the EDGE bonus on the above TIVs as well....

[quote name='y2jasper']actually figure i will give some updates from my trade in today:

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller- $12.75
Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery- $3
Xbox 360 Console w/ Wireless Controller- $50
also i got a refurbish fee on the console, but it was $30, not $45 like in the OP

and quick question, are the composite cables that come with the new slim the "standard" av cables in the OP?[/QUOTE]

This isn't much to kick yourself over, but I did the math and I think other CAG's that are still considering trading in a broken Xbox 360 w/ wireless controller at this point would like to see this.

Basicly you got $20 Trade credit for your broken system w/ wireless controller. ($50-$30refurb fee=$20)

Considering what is required to trade in a complete system you could have gotten the following by trading in individual components of the system and keeping the unit itself to possibly sell for another $10-20 on craigslist, etc.

Wireless Controller - $12.75 (7/8/10)
Power Cord - $9.25 (6/23/10)
Standard A/V Cables - $2.50 (7/2/10)
Total $24.50

Plus if you have an edge card they would have given you an extra 10%
($2.45) for those accessories since all accesories and games get edge bonus but system trade ins do not.

So $26.95 trade credit (24.50 + $2.45) plus some extra money for selling the system itself elsewhere (vs the $20 trade credit they gave you) is nothing to beat yourself up over, but I thought other CAG's would want to be aware of this.

P.S. I do realize that the values used from the OP could have fallen some and that you may not have come out exactly as I described, but I think for most people trading broken xboxs at the moment "parting it out" might be the better route to go.

Base TIV 7/09/10

iconds.gif
DS:

Hannah Montana $3 (Date update)
Imagine: Interior Designer $4.25 ($3 drop!)
Imagine: Fasdhion Designer New York $6.75 (New to list!)
My Weight Loss Coach w/Pedometer $2.25 (New to list!)
Nintendogs: Lab & friends $4.25 (Date update)
Sims 2: Castaway $4 (Date update)

iconps3.gif
PS3:

Army of Two $5 (Date update)
Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack $1.50 ($1.75 drop!)

iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360:

Hitman: Blood Money $7 (Date update)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base TIV 7/10/10

iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360:

20 GB Hard Drive $10 (Date update)

iconpsp_r2.gif
PSP:

Cars $3 (New to list!)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max $3 (Date update)

iconwii.gif
Wii:

Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack $3 (New to list!)

Base TIV 7/11/10

PS3:
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - $6
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY - $10

DS:
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - $2.75
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $2.25

Wii:
Dead Space: Extraction - $7
Monster Hunter Tri - $22

PS2:
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Racoonus - $1.25
Sly 2 - $1.50
Sly 3 - $2.25
Ratchet and Clank - $2.50
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - $2.25
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal - $2.50
Ratchet: Deadlocked - $2.25

Base TIV 7/11/10

Xbox 360:
Modern Warfare 2 - $20 (Date Update)
Universe at War: Earth Assault - $2.50 (Date Update)
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - $3.00 (25 cent increase)

HDMI Cable - $5.25 (Date Update)

The Gamestop clerk warned me not to trade in the HDMI cable, 'cause I wouldn't get much for it. I laughed on the inside a little, knowing that I paid $1.50 for the cable at Meritline.

According to z24buddy, you can trade in just 360 power cord (brick plus cord)? I have an extra one from when I sent in my console to be repaired and they mailed me back one.

[quote name='sgaldis']Which TIV's were the same, and when? ....see my point? There is still a need to tell what games held their values, so a possibly old, outdated value can be confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that..I see the point now.

:360:
Splinter cell: Double Agent - $3.00
Simpsons - $6.00
Viva Pinata - $3.00
Assassin's Creed - $2.50
COD 2 - $2.50
Assassin's Creed 2 - $6.00
GTA IV - $5.00
COD 4 - $2.50
Dead Rising - $3.00
Condemned 2 - $2.50
Rainbow Six Vegas - $1.50
Stranglehold - $1.50
3rd Party wired controller - $7.75
Wireless Headset - $9.50
X360 Media Remote - $2.00

These are all base values as of 7/10/10.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Base TIV 7/11/10

Xbox 360:
Modern Warfare 2 - $20 (Date Update)
Universe at War: Earth Assault - $2.50 (Date Update)
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - $3.00 (25 cent increase)

HDMI Cable - $5.25 (Date Update)

The Gamestop clerk warned me not to trade in the HDMI cable, 'cause I wouldn't get much for it. I laughed on the inside a little, knowing that I paid $1.50 for the cable at Meritline.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the HDMI cable! I have one lying around that I'm not using since I no longer have an HDTV (maybe again in the fall).

[quote name='z24buddy']This isn't much to kick yourself over, but I did the math and I think other CAG's that are still considering trading in a broken Xbox 360 w/ wireless controller at this point would like to see this.

Basicly you got $20 Trade credit for your broken system w/ wireless controller. ($50-$30refurb fee=$20)

Considering what is required to trade in a complete system you could have gotten the following by trading in individual components of the system and keeping the unit itself to possibly sell for another $10-20 on craigslist, etc.

Total $24.50

($2.45) for those accessories since all accesories and games get edge bonus but system trade ins do not.

So $26.95 trade credit (24.50 + $2.45) plus some extra money for selling the system itself elsewhere (vs the $20 trade credit they gave you) is nothing to beat yourself up over, but I thought other CAG's would want to be aware of this.

P.S. I do realize that the values used from the OP could have fallen some and that you may not have come out exactly as I described, but I think for most people trading broken xboxs at the moment "parting it out" might be the better route to go.[/QUOTE]

actually to clarify, $50 was only the base TIV, i still got the bumped up value to $100, so i ended up with $70 for the console.

[quote name='z24buddy']This isn't much to kick yourself over, but I did the math and I think other CAG's that are still considering trading in a broken Xbox 360 w/ wireless controller at this point would like to see this.

Total $24.50

P.S. I do realize that the values used from the OP could have fallen some and that you may not have come out exactly as I described, but I think for most people trading broken xboxs at the moment "parting it out" might be the better route to go.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you put it that way, you could probably make more than $20 by "parting out" the broken console itself instead of putting it on cl.

But what it comes down to is convenience. I know nobody at Gamestop is gonna jack me for my wallet when I show up with a broken xbox. In all seriousness, you're unlikely to get robbed by CL users either... just flaked out on. I don't have time for that.

Wait, I can trade in these $1.50 HDMI cables for $5 each at GS... hmmmm. Perhaps I can dump of 10. LOL

(not really, just didn't know they would take them)

Did a trade in earlier today. No change in price, but at least the dates could be updated.

Note: All are for XBOX 360
As of 7/11/2010
Blue Dragon - $2
Battlefield Bad Company - $3
Street Fighter 4 - $3

Went today and traded in the following:

:360: Red Dead Redemption $25
:360: Play & Charge (x2) $5.75

:ps3:Dead Space $6
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 $5
:ps3: USB Charger $1.75
:ps3: Composite AV Cable $2

They wouldn't let me trade in the charging cable and batteries separately for the Play & Charge, but I believe it's only a .25 difference anyway.

So you can trade in any HDMI cable? Or does it have to be like the microsoft hdmi cable? Is trading in any YMMV or is this a pretty comon thing to do. I have an extra sitting around I wouldn't mind trading in.

[quote name='reddjoey']Wait, I can trade in these $1.50 HDMI cables for $5 each at GS... hmmmm. Perhaps I can dump of 10. LOL

(not really, just didn't know they would take them)[/QUOTE]

My Game Stop has a rule that you can trade in one per visit... but still I traded in like 20 of them already haha. Every time I go I bring one.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']So you can trade in any HDMI cable? Or does it have to be like the microsoft hdmi cable? Is trading in any YMMV or is this a pretty comon thing to do. I have an extra sitting around I wouldn't mind trading in.[/QUOTE]

Any HDMI cable is OK.

[quote name='phillycool345']My Game Stop has a rule that you can trade in one per visit... but still I traded in like 20 of them already haha. Every time I go I bring one.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty standard, but I have a strange feeling the tiv on hdmi cables is going to plummet very soon after reading this.

[quote name='flagg1216']Thats pretty standard, but I have a strange feeling the tiv on hdmi cables is going to plummet very soon after reading this.[/QUOTE]

Oh nooz! The jig is up! Seriously though, I have traded about 6 or 7 HDMI cables since last November at 2 or 3 different locations, since I am a sucker for those deals they always have at meritline where you get them for about $2 and I have extra laying around. It is a great way to get that little bit of extra TIV towards something (since I have never got less then $5 before edge card), but I wouldn't make a habit out of regularly flipping them for cheap GS credit, as they could always ban you for that. I don't think they really care to much otherwise, since they seem to have no shortage of suckers... err customers, that are willing to pay $15+ for HDMI cables. Considering none of the new systems come with HDMI cables anymore,(not even the new slim xbox 360) they will probably keep selling them and the TIV will probably hold just fine even if a few of us CAG's trade some in.
I guess I am suprised that the value has held this long anyway and you would think they would have different trade in and pricing for generic HDMI cables vs "official" cables, but they don't.

Also to that guy that posted about not wanting to use CL to sell a broken 360 deck, that was just a suggestion for what to do with the deck after you trade the cords/controller to GS. If you don't wan't to deal with people on CL then don't. Use the deck for a doorstop or throw it in the dumpster for all I care. The point was, you are only going to get $20 trade credit for the complete package if you trade in a broken 360 w/ wireless controller to GS (assuming you are not still getting in on the Slim trade up offer) and about $27 if you trade in just the accessory parts and not the deck itself to GS. (this would still be the hassle free way of getting more money since you are trading less to the same place and getting more money from them).
If you still don't get it, then you can't be helped.

:360: Xbox 360 w/wireless controller - $50
:360: 20 GB Hard Drive - $10
:360: Wired Headset - $5
:360: Live Vision Camera - $4.25
:360: Component Cable - $4.50
:360: Nyko Cooling Fan - $1.00

:ps2: 8Mb Memory Card - $2.50

I guess $50 for a launch era 360 that could RRoD at any moment is not a bad deal. I wanted to originally do the Slim upgrade deal but I ended up finding a stash of them at Fred Meyer and couldn't resist getting one. Also saw a slim at Target that some employee had slid behind an old Arcade even though there was an empty spot to display it.

So I bought from someone in Craigslist a 40GB PS3 with:
A Bluetooth Headset
NBA 2K10
Borderlands
Battlefield:Bad Company 2
SOCOM:Confrontation
and HDMI Cable.

All for $300.
Since it's used, I've been thinking on trading in said PS3, SOCOM, NBA 2K10, and possibly Borderlands, then just getting a new PS3 Slim. And hope that the price difference between $300 and amount I get for the trade in is marginally smaller (the tax however...)

What do you think CAG? Trade such stuff in, so I essentially get Avatar/Bluetooth Headset/Battlefield:Bad Company 2 for free?

I traded in 15 games today and had 6 that did not qualify for the extra $10. The ones that didn't qualify were:

360:
Crackdown $2.50
COD4 Modern Warfare (the first one) - $2.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $4.00
Test Drive Unlimited -$4.00
Call of Duty 2 $2.50

PSP:
Socom Tactical Strike - $3.75

All prices are before Edge - so I guess the trade-in value for the games have to be $5 or more to qualify? Or maybe they were just overstocked on these?

I still traded them in for the store credit and to clear out space on my shelf. My total for these and the other nine games came out to $110 in store credit.

[quote name='jayce75']I traded in 15 games today and had 6 that did not qualify for the extra $10. The ones that didn't qualify were:

360:
Crackdown $2.50
COD4 Modern Warfare (the first one) - $2.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $4.00
Test Drive Unlimited -$4.00
Call of Duty 2 $2.50

PSP:
Socom Tactical Strike - $3.75

All prices are before Edge - so I guess the trade-in value for the games have to be $5 or more to qualify? Or maybe they were just overstocked on these?

I still traded them in for the store credit and to clear out space on my shelf. My total for these and the other nine games came out to $110 in store credit.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound right. Any non GC/GBA/PS2 game with over a $1 TIV should be acceptable for the promotion. Were they marked with a refurb fee for being defective?

[quote name='MSUHitman']That doesn't sound right. Any non GC/GBA/PS2 game with over a $1 TIV should be acceptable for the promotion. Were they marked with a refurb fee for being defective?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like it. The guy even commented how they were all in great condition for me having them for so long.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']So I bought from someone in Craigslist a 40GB PS3 with:
A Bluetooth Headset
NBA 2K10
Borderlands
Battlefield:Bad Company 2
SOCOM:Confrontation
and HDMI Cable.

All for $300.
Since it's used, I've been thinking on trading in said PS3, SOCOM, NBA 2K10, and possibly Borderlands, then just getting a new PS3 Slim. And hope that the price difference between $300 and amount I get for the trade in is marginally smaller (the tax however...)

What do you think CAG? Trade such stuff in, so I essentially get Avatar/Bluetooth Headset/Battlefield:Bad Company 2 for free?[/QUOTE]

I would test the PS3 first but I definately would do it to have a new system with a full 1-year manufacturer warranty (just keep your original receipt.) Just lookup the game TIV's first as NBA and Borderlands are going to be around $10 base while SOCOM will only be like $2 base.

[quote name='jayce75']
All prices are before Edge - so I guess the trade-in value for the games have to be $5 or more to qualify? Or maybe they were just overstocked on these? [/QUOTE]

No, they just have to be over $1 so they all should have qualified. And they definitely don't deny promos based on stock. Did you trade them all in at once? I've heard of issues with promos not applying to too many multiple sets of games like that. I definitely would have pulled those out of the trade, though, and tried to do them separately or at least asked about it as they might have bumped them up manually.

[quote name='jayce75']It doesn't look like it. The guy even commented how they were all in great condition for me having them for so long.[/QUOTE]

Then you need to go back to that store and raise hell with the manager and if they won't do anything then corporate as you basically got screwed out of $20 credit (you were trading for credit, right?)

Edit: Yeah io's right; Gamestop's computers are notorious for screwing up promotions like this with big transactions. I never do more than 9 games at once and never have this problem. There have been lots of CAG's that got screwed over when trading in more than 10 games at once.

Go back to the store and be nice at first then start raising hell if the manager doesn't fix the issue.

From Gamestop.com:
Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 07/18/10.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That doesn't sound right. Any non GC/GBA/PS2 game with over a $1 TIV should be acceptable for the promotion. Were they marked with a refurb fee for being defective?[/QUOTE]

to you and the guy saying to pitch a fit with the manager you could also try to learn the promo, it clearly states what systems it applies to which is not any of the three you mentioned.:roll:

[quote name='flagg1216']...

to you and the guy saying to pitch a fit with the manager you could also try to learn the promo, it clearly states what systems it applies to which is not any of the three you mentioned.:roll:[/QUOTE]
I'm normally not one to correct you, but the 6 games he listed were 360 and PSP. He said any non PS2/GC/GBA games should qualify.

[quote name='JP']I'm normally not one to correct you, but the 6 games he listed were 360 and PSP. He said any non PS2/GC/GBA games should qualify.[/QUOTE]

I think I are confused. But yeah the ones he listed should have qualified. I know at my local store it wouldn't apply it to any games beyond 9. The employee had to override the tiv's on a guy's trade for most of his games because he was trading in about 30 games. I believe it depends on the order they are traded in, whatever the first 9 are get the $10/3 and after that it stops applying it.

It really is random it seems on what stores it does/doesn't do that. I remember it used to not work past 12, other times I myself have been able to get a group of 30 games with all of them getting the promo.

Updated lists and database.

oh freakn stupid.
just got this email from gamestop.com saying that my powerup pro card won't give me 10% off til it goes national... so I paid $15 to renew it and it won't even give me points for online purchases or 10% off, grrrr.

'Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

Unfortunately at this time the power up card discount can not be used
online at gamestop.com. This will change as soon as our beta program
goes national. As of right now the discount can only be used in
participating power up stores. We apologize for any inconvenience this
may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent'

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Hi,
I frequently buy games from gamestop.com as well as gamestop stores and
I tried to purchase Alpha Protocol this morning used for 34.99 and my
10% off used games isn't working. My powerup pro card replaced my edge
card, but I believe the 10% off used games should still work, so I'm
curious what's wrong.

I tried to enter the powerup rewards pro card on my account as well
as my cart checkout but neither of them worked. I know the rewards
points are not gained when buying stuff online but I thought the
powerup card still worked for 10% off used purchases online.
The price of Alpha Protocol in my cart is $26.24 after
Saver and 25used but I would still like that 10% off also. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back