GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It typically takes 4-6 weeks and sometimes it can be upwards of 8+ weeks before you start receiving your issues in the mail, especially if you have an issue like I had where they misspelled my street name.:bomb:

How the fuck they did that when I handed the GS clerk my ID to copy my address down when subscribing is beyond me, but I guess anything is possible, huh?[/QUOTE]

Last time I renewed it, they misspelled my last name. It's four letters. And it's a kindergarten-level word that one either reads or uses every day of their life. And it was already spelled correctly in their computer. So, presumably, between when he said "I'm looking at your account and it's expired" and when I said "yeah, go ahead and renew it," the guy apparently thought I had legally changed my name while I was standing right in front of him. The real kicker was after that I had two accounts; one that was spelled correctly which was expired, and the active one with a made-up name. So for the whole last year of my Edge membership I had to give them the wrong name. And every time I did, the guy was like "oh, I'm sorry, I'll fix that right now."

Also, the day I realized that happened, a different (read: better) employee pulled up my account, stopped and burst out laughing, then said "how LAZY is someone?" Then he gathered three other employees to all look at my account and laugh at it.

[quote name='Survivalism']Last time I renewed it, they misspelled my last name. It's four letters. And it's a kindergarten-level word that one either reads or uses every day of their life. And it was already spelled correctly in their computer. So, presumably, between when he said "I'm looking at your account and it's expired" and when I said "yeah, go ahead and renew it," the guy apparently thought I had legally changed my name while I was standing right in front of him. The real kicker was after that I had two accounts; one that was spelled correctly which was expired, and the active one with a made-up name. So for the whole last year of my Edge membership I had to give them the wrong name. And every time I did, the guy was like "oh, I'm sorry, I'll fix that right now."

Also, the day I realized that happened, a different (read: better) employee pulled up my account, stopped and burst out laughing, then said "how LAZY is someone?" Then he gathered three other employees to all look at my account and laugh at it.[/QUOTE]
Considering my street name is Eynon and they spelled it ISLAND in the frickin' computer I have to wonder how the hell they made that mistake, especially when copying the info right from my ID.

Even if you squint really hard, there is no way in hell to mistake the actual street name for the one they put in the system.:roll:

After wondering for 4 months why the hell I wasn't getting any issues I called up Gamestop's customer service line and they had to correct it in the system. But that screwed up address is still in there.

They also apologized extensively and extended my GI subscription by like 6-8 months, so now I'm listed as having it expire 2011 sometime.

thank you CheapestGamer! I'll wait it out a bit longer. for now

hope someone can give me some advice on what to do with a 360 I bought from gs online. This one was going to be "rented" to my friend and his roommates (poor bastards) for the upcoming term. It went ahead and got a rrod/e74 a few weeks after the 30 day period (lol). now what's this SquareTrade warranty I've been hearing about?

Im seriously considering trading in my PS3 for the 200 credit. Just because i never use it and there are no games coming out i want for it. My only question is, is there a better offer? I might be able to get 200+ on ebay, but looking at prices right now, i dont see them higher than 200. Id also have to deal with shipping it and customer satisfaction, even though its like brand new. But i could use the 200 credit towards halo reach and get another 20 making it a total of 220.

I dont have an edge card, or any idea how much it costs. Would getting one get me more money for this specific trade in?

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im seriously considering trading in my PS3 for the 200 credit. Just because i never use it and there are no games coming out i want for it. My only question is, is there a better offer? I might be able to get 200+ on ebay, but looking at prices right now, i dont see them higher than 200. Id also have to deal with shipping it and customer satisfaction, even though its like brand new. But i could use the 200 credit towards halo reach and get another 20 making it a total of 220.

I dont have an edge card, or any idea how much it costs. Would getting one get me more money for this specific trade in?

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Nope, edge is for trade-ins of games or accessories and the same when you buy used products.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im seriously considering trading in my PS3 for the 200 credit. Just because i never use it and there are no games coming out i want for it. My only question is, is there a better offer? I might be able to get 200+ on ebay, but looking at prices right now, i dont see them higher than 200. Id also have to deal with shipping it and customer satisfaction, even though its like brand new. But i could use the 200 credit towards halo reach and get another 20 making it a total of 220.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you'll just get $200. And it's a pretty decent deal for a tax-free credit trade. I'm just hoping they don't cancel the deal early because I'll have one to trade (hopefully) next weekend.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering my street name is Eynon and they spelled it ISLAND in the frickin' computer I have to wonder how the hell they made that mistake, especially when copying the info right from my ID.

Even if you squint really hard, there is no way in hell to mistake the actual street name for the one they put in the system.:roll:

After wondering for 4 months why the hell I wasn't getting any issues I called up Gamestop's customer service line and they had to correct it in the system. But that screwed up address is still in there.

They also apologized extensively and extended my GI subscription by like 6-8 months, so now I'm listed as having it expire 2011 sometime.[/QUOTE]

The only semi-logical explanation I can muster is that he read the card, read "Enyon," and by the time he was ready to type it, he had forgotten the word but still had the general "-yon" sound in his head, and instead of taking the half a second to shift his eyes back to the card, just went with the first word with that general sound he thought of.

That's actually freakin' probably true.

I just saw that the halo reach 20 dollar gift card is for online purchases only. If i traded my PS3 in for the 200 at a store, would i be able to use that credit on their website? Sorry for the noob questions but i rarely go into a gamestop store.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just saw that the halo reach 20 dollar gift card is for online purchases only. If i traded my PS3 in for the 200 at a store, would i be able to use that credit on their website? Sorry for the noob questions but i rarely go into a gamestop store.[/QUOTE]

Yes. There is a specific pin/account # on each gift card so you can keep track of how much credit you have online. That credit can also be used to make purchases at gamestop.com

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just saw that the halo reach 20 dollar gift card is for online purchases only. If i traded my PS3 in for the 200 at a store, would i be able to use that credit on their website? Sorry for the noob questions but i rarely go into a gamestop store.[/QUOTE]

About your Reach sig, where did you get it?

[quote name='Test12345']I think if I can't sell this mgs4 ps3 within a few days, I'll trade it in to GS. What's this I hear about handshake issues with the slim though? That would be a nightmare...[/QUOTE]

If i trade in the mgs4 edition, do i have to give them the game as well since it came with it? Anyone know bout the hdmi issues? Also this deal expires 8/8 right? Thanks!

traded 2 for 40 deal towards crackdown2 then returned it. here are the base ps3

tiger woods pga tour 10 ps3 - $9
prince of persia the forgotten sands ps3 - $11

last week if ur trying to plat tiger woods they put play the pros tournament one last time, i got lucky and put it in the first time they did it in a few months. i got 75% of trophies in one day(yay for my only ace hole in one) and i platted pop in 7 hours ;)
pop ended up being a totally awesome game experience, and i would gladly get paid $5 to play it ;) (15 at bestbuy, tiv 21 ;) )

If i trade in 2 Wii eligible games for the Save $40 on Madden 11, does that mean i have to get it on Wii?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Are there any other offers for free gift cards when buying a game other than halo reach at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

check the Amazon thread.

hope someone can give me some advice on what to do with a 360 I bought from gs online. This one was going to be "rented" to my friend and his roommates (poor bastards) for the upcoming term. It went ahead and got a rrod/e74 a few weeks after the 30 day period (lol). now what's this SquareTrade warranty I've been hearing about?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']check the Amazon thread.

hope someone can give me some advice on what to do with a 360 I bought from gs online. This one was going to be "rented" to my friend and his roommates (poor bastards) for the upcoming term. It went ahead and got a rrod/e74 a few weeks after the 30 day period (lol). now what's this SquareTrade warranty I've been hearing about?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if SquareTrade can help you. They seem to offer a good service, but you have to sign up for the warranty and email them/fax a copy of your receipt within 30 days for it to apply.

If you try to pass it on as new I think they will refer you to Microsoft as it would "technically" still be under the manufacturers warranty. According to their website:
"We do not cover pre-existing conditions or issues that occur in the first 60 days from item purchase. You should be covered for these issues by the seller, the marketplace (e.g., eBay), and/or the payment provider (e.g., PayPal or a credit card). "

Anyone feel free to correct me as I'm no Squaretrade pro.

Pretty sweet deal for the PS3, mine stopped reading discs (refurb from Nov too, replacement for the same issue) $200 - $40 (refurb fee) = $140.

So about $160 + tax.. a bit more then getting another refurb from Sony (I think it was about $145-160 for me) but it takes far less and I have a 1 year warranty.

Same:

XBOX360
Alan Wake: $20.00
Deadly Premonition: $6.00
HDMI Cable: $5.25

New

PS3:
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $11.00

All base TIV, of course

Base TIV's:
-------------

Transformers: ROTF (autobots) DS - $5
Guitar hero on tour w/ fret - $4
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble - $1.25
New Super Mario Bros. - $17
NinjaTown - $2.50
Personal Trainer WAlking w/ Pedometers - $5
Scribblenauts - $10.25
GTA Chinatown Wars DS - $6.25
DS LITE w/ AC & Stylus - $30
Wii Charge Station w/ Battery - $3.25

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Not sure if SquareTrade can help you. They seem to offer a good service, but you have to sign up for the warranty and email them/fax a copy of your receipt within 30 days for it to apply.

If you try to pass it on as new I think they will refer you to Microsoft as it would "technically" still be under the manufacturers warranty. According to their website:
"We do not cover pre-existing conditions or issues that occur in the first 60 days from item purchase. You should be covered for these issues by the seller, the marketplace (e.g., eBay), and/or the payment provider (e.g., PayPal or a credit card). "

Anyone feel free to correct me as I'm no Squaretrade pro.[/QUOTE]

You have only 30 days from items from ebay. Since you bought it at Gamestop they give you 90 days to buy the warranty. All they do is they will mail out a box to ship your Xbox to them. They would then send it off for repair since its under microsoft warranty. Once they get it back they send it back too you. Your better off doing it your self through Microsoft. Now when the Microsoft warranty ends they may send it in to repair at Square Trade expense or they send you a refund for the price paid on the Xbox (which ever is cheaper for them). Hope this helps

07/28

iconxbox360.gif
Dragon Age: Origins - $8.00
iconxbox360.gif
Mass Effect 2 - $10.00
iconxbox360.gif
Red Dead Redemption - $24.00

07/31

iconxbox360.gif
Record of Agarest War - $18.00

I read many pages here but I couldn't find a strong opinion about it.

What do my dear CAG friends think about trading a MGS4 PS3 (80Gb, 4USB, card reader) for 200 bucks and buying a new slim?
My PS3 is very well taken care and works perfectly. Except by the excessive noise =)

Thanks

[quote name='SakBee']My Fat PS3 60G just died on me today. :( Gamestop said they'll buy it for $120.[/QUOTE]

Really? I tried the blowdryer method on my 60GB, but still have the YLOD. I'll try a couple more times and see what the store near me will give for it.

360 -

alpha protocol and Singularity - same values.

17 and 20 repsectively. 24ish and 27 after bonuses.

Finally traded in a couple cables that have been sitting in my car for six months.

:wii: Wii AV (Composite) Cable - $2.00 base
:ps3: PS3 USB Cable - $1.75 base

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']
Not sure if SquareTrade can help you. They seem to offer a good service, but you have to sign up for the warranty and email them/fax a copy of your receipt within 30 days for it to apply.

Anyone feel free to correct me as I'm no Squaretrade pro.[/quote][quote name='BLAZETIGER']
You have only 30 days from items from ebay. Since you bought it at Gamestop they give you 90 days to buy the warranty. All they do is they will mail out a box to ship your Xbox to them. They would then send it off for repair since its under microsoft warranty. Once they get it back they send it back too you. Your better off doing it your self through Microsoft. Now when the Microsoft warranty ends they may send it in to repair at Square Trade expense or they send you a refund for the price paid on the Xbox (which ever is cheaper for them). Hope this helps [/quote]

well the xbox was bought used and its microsoft warranty has obviously expired. I won't have time until a few weeks since busy. it's been past the 30 days to return/exchange at GS too. same refurbs sold at stores (friend had some online retailer one too) are usually bad.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']FAQ wasn't very specific about this but

does Gamestop give you cash for console trade-in or just store credit?[/QUOTE]

like all trade-ins, I'd assume you could go cash option unless you're hoping for a promo. cash option is 80% or so of the full trade in.

sims $4.25 (ps2)
sims 2 $8.25 (ps2)

Not bad since i paid a buck each. First place wanted to charge me a $3 and $2 refurb fee, i went to another GS down the road and no refurb fee. HA

i have a 60 gb ps3, the one which is backwards compatible. It's pretty old and might break down soon. Wondering if it is worth it to get the slim with this 200 credit

[quote name='Test12345']If I trade in my mgs4 edition ps3 will I have to give them mgs4?[/QUOTE]

No but you should try selling it on ebay or Craigslist for more than $200. That's a cool special edition PS3 you got there.

[quote name='Montes']I read many pages here but I couldn't find a strong opinion about it.

What do my dear CAG friends think about trading a MGS4 PS3 (80Gb, 4USB, card reader) for 200 bucks and buying a new slim?
My PS3 is very well taken care and works perfectly. Except by the excessive noise =)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Actually, more of the strong opinions are in the thread specifically for the deal. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265952

I would say try selling it on Amazon, Craigslist, or Ebay since it's a special edition. Most people trading theirs in through GS are 60, 40, or 20 gig models on their last legs.

[quote name='crunchewy']Can you get the 25% bonus when pre-ordering something, or does it have to be a new release that is out now?[/QUOTE]

I know, but no one wants to buy it for a lot more. I think I'm about to sell it for $250.

So i bought an 80gb ps3 with 2 controllers and 6 games from craigslist for $130.

Then I traded in the system and one game for $205 from GS. I will be buying a 4GB Xbox 360 when they are released.

I'll trade 4 of the remaining 5 games to Amazon and keep GOWIII. I will essentially have spent around $85 on a new 4GB 360 once it's all said and done...

I never thought I'd say this ... but ... I love GameStop!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Quick question. If I buy a game online, how long do I have to return it and can I return it to the store?[/QUOTE]
You can return it to the store. If you bought new, then it must be returned sealed. If used, you can return it how it came. I believe the return limit is 30 days.

[quote name='rusty']You can return it to the store. If you bought new, then it must be returned sealed. If used, you can return it how it came. I believe the return limit is 30 days.[/QUOTE]
Fantastic! My copy of FF13 is a bit messed up.

So I went into GS today to do th Trade 2 for 40 towards Madden 11. When the guy went to go ring in my trades..the computer wasnt ringing up the promo...therefore he used the backup promo barcode and he didnt give me the extra 10% for my EDGE card....It really isnt a big deal to me but is there anyway I could get the 10% for the game?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back