GS TIV/Promos: OLD THREAD, NEW ONE LISTED IN FIRST & LAST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10756146

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Power Up Rewards Change:
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']In 4 markets from April 30-June 9 there's going to be a change to Powerup Pro subscriptions/renewals. I believe it's the 4 markets that first beta tested PUR, but not sure on that. I know my market (STL) beta tested PUR and now this.

The base price of PUR Pro is staying at $14.99 but that is only for a digital subscription to the magazine. If you want the physical magazine, it will come with the digital sub, but at a price of $19.99. This affects all new subs/renewals in the 4 markets for the above period, with a likely national rollout later this year.

No matter how much you complain in the four markets this is happening in, store managers, area managers, district managers, whatever, will be unable to get you a print subscription for $14.99.

If you're wanting print, I would suggest renewing your PUR Pro this weekend before this kicks in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee #1']Can you just let the group know the next trade value is

Trade 3 get 10, trade 5 get 20, trade 7 get 35 games must be a minimum of 3.00 to qualify.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee #2']So GS stores should soon be receiving physical Amazon gift cards to put into their gift cards racks to be sold. They are labeled as Kindle cards but we all know how that works. Seems to be a chain-wide thing as my store is the home store of an area manager (step below district manager) and we had a long conversation about this today so it's not meant as some type of backup to a promo like the digital codes were.

On a note if you want to know more about the GS clientele, we have also gotten Shell gas cards in the same shipment. Since all Circle K stations are Shell stations, we are now able to stop having as many cash trades and get people to go credit to get the gas cards (I did it twice yesterday although I had to sell them a copy of MLB 2K8 to get them over $25 on one of the transactions.)

Our store is so physically small these are the first non console/Steam/WoW/SWTOR we've gotten, no YUM cards or anything like that for us until this week. At our store, I estimate about 2/3 of our cash trades are for gas, the other 1/3 have to assume are for drugs. So hopefully we don't have to give out as much cash now.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 6/2/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• PlayStation Plus
  • Kindle fire
  • Net 10
  • Beats headsets
  • Grid 2
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • The Last of Us
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3/5/7 games get extra $10/20/35 credit (Ends 6/2/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get $10 extra in-store credit, trade any 5 for a $20 extra or 7 or more for $35 extra

Games with a trade value less than $3.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$50 Wii to WiiU Upgrade Offer (Ends 6/2/13)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 when you trade your Wii system toward the purchase of any new Wii U system.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GameStop.com']

Full trade amount must be applied toward a new Wii U system. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 5/1/13 through 6/2/13.​
[/QUOTE]

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 6/2/13)

[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GameStop.com']

Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.​

[/QUOTE]​

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":
:gc:=916xxx

:360:=952xxx

:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx​

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17,18 ,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.
No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody notice their value (after 50%) for radiant dawn on the wii?

It's $26 which i thought was alot, but then lo and behold i checked amazon/ebay.

I can't believe that game is going for $45+ used and near 70 for brand new.

That's insane to me a game like that would hold that much value. I'm glad I held onto it.

2/20 TIVs

:360: Darksiders 2 - 15
:360: Dragon's Dogma - 17
:360: Dirt Showdown - 14

:ps3: Darksiders 2 - 15

:3ds: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 12

So GS just emailed me saying Trade 4 games and I can get 135 dollars credit, I was like DAMNWOWW

Damn that deal is incredible and it is games I am pretty much done with

WWE 13, BO2,NFS:MOSTWANTED,NBA 2K13

I got a question when they give me this credit, I can hold it there and use it later right?
I want to make getting a PS4 easy, I got a gang of games I can take to add to the 135 just for those 4 games, I can see myself coming out with atleast 300 in credit.

Imagine just going to get the PS4 and handing out no the full amount at all, getting the PS3 just on PS4 game trade in lol, I can keep adding to the credit fun over the last if the new games I get, I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN here is hoping PS4 is actually 399.99

[quote name='Killagamer']So GS just emailed me saying Trade 4 games and I can get 135 dollars credit, I was like DAMNWOWW

Damn that deal is incredible and it is games I am pretty much done with

WWE 13, BO2,NFS:MOSTWANTED,NBA 2K13

I got a question when they give me this credit, I can hold it there and use it later right?
I want to make getting a PS4 easy, I got a gang of games I can take to add to the 135 just for those 4 games, I can see myself coming out with atleast 300 in credit.

Imagine just going to get the PS4 and handing out no the full amount at all, getting the PS3 just on PS4 game trade in lol, I can keep adding to the credit fun over the last if the new games I get, I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN here is hoping PS4 is actually 399.99[/QUOTE]

What were the other games on that list?

[quote name='Geco17']What were the other games on that list?[/QUOTE]

Its on their website, every console has a certain list they are giving 30+

and even 45+ for a certain game I forget the name, go to the site and check

their trading deals

www.gamestop.com

The gamestop email games are based on games you have purchased from them tracked to your powerup account, but they also had this link to a few other game trade in values based on current 50% bonus. If you get more credit than you want to use, you just store it on a gift card or your powerup card. link to gamestop trade value page for current promo if it wasnt already posted - reminder: this is after bonus and not base values. I fear all of the "does this stack with..." comments. Cheers! http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/trade-values/default.aspx

beat me to it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay. Thanks guys. I wonder if NBA 2k13 for the 360 gets the same value as the PS3. That's a really nice price for it, seeing as I got it for only $8 out of pocket a day after release

[quote name='Geco17']Ah okay. Thanks guys. I wonder if NBA 2k13 for the 360 gets the same value as the PS3. That's a really nice price for it[/QUOTE]

I have the same question for Far Cry 3, although I wouldn't imagine they'd be different...

TIVs for 2/21/13

Nintendo DS:
Animal Crossing - $6
DK Jungle Climber - $8
GTA Chinatown Wars - $9
Kirby Squeak Squad - $5
Madden 08 - $3
Mario Hoops - $5
Mario Kart - $12

[quote name='archerbro74']anybody notice their value (after 50%) for radiant dawn on the wii?

It's $26 which i thought was alot, but then lo and behold i checked amazon/ebay.

That's insane to me a game like that would hold that much value. I'm glad I held onto it.[/QUOTE]

Well, the same case for Xenoblade Chronicles, times 10... TIV $48 but goes $110+ used $150+ new. But this is a good thing it's on that list, more foolish ppl trading it in... BUT I WANT TO SCREAM, the GS 6 miles away got one in yesterday and then sold it... but the stock never updated until TODAY x.x, I've been trying to grab a copy for another CAG for over a week...

:360: Tiger Woods 13 - $10
:360: Hitman Blood Money -$8 (No need for it since I bought the HD Trilogy)
:ps3: Sonic Generations - $10

Total after 60 percent was 44.80 - good start on my quest to pay nothing out of pocket for my PS4.

[quote name='diddy310']:360: Tiger Woods 13 - $10

Total after 60 percent was 44.80 - good start on my quest to pay nothing out of pocket for my PS4.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. You are 1/10 of the way there on the cheap model.

:D

why don't they have a website like best buy that tells you values of all games, instead of making you call or bring them in to the store? Doesn't make sense...

I think I'll get there once I narrow the shelves down to things I will actually play or will ever want to play again.

[quote name='archerbro74']anybody notice their value (after 50%) for radiant dawn on the wii?

That's insane to me a game like that would hold that much value. I'm glad I held onto it.[/QUOTE]

Check out Xenoblade, brah.

[quote name='NineH']2/20 TIVs

:360: Darksiders 2 - 15
:360: Dragon's Dogma - 17
:360: Dirt Showdown - 14

:ps3: Darksiders 2 - 15

:3ds: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 12[/QUOTE]

Interesting, considering that they were the ones to put Dirt Showdown at $10 on Cyber Monday.

[quote name='johnston306']why don't they have a website like best buy that tells you values of all games, instead of making you call or bring them in to the store? Doesn't make sense...[/QUOTE]

Probably to get people in the store. If people bring their stuff there just to check there is probably a certain fraction who just go "well, I made the trip, just take them. I'll buy these other games with the credit." If there are posted values there's little incentive to make the trip.

Anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of the same game you can trade in?

Obviously, not trading them all at once..but I'm assuming they keep track and flag accounts that trade in..say 5 copies of Sims3 over a week or so period?

;)

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Probably to get people in the store. If people bring their stuff there just to check there is probably a certain fraction who just go "well, I made the trip, just take them. I'll buy these other games with the credit." If there are posted values there's little incentive to make the trip.[/QUOTE]

Makes me less likely to make the trip, going in blind, and I can't be the only one who hates talking on the phone? And then you have gas prices, and I'm not keeping stuff in car or my person just in case I drive by one enroute to somewhere else. I think if they openly advertised trade values they might also counteract all the negativity about how they pay really low prices/rip people off, AND actually get people into the store.

[quote name='diddy310']:360: Tiger Woods 13 - $10

Total after 60 percent was 44.80 - good start on my quest to pay nothing out of pocket for my PS4.[/QUOTE]

good luck, im doing the same thing and i already have $482.61 total in credit!... now, i have to wait until christmas xD... one quick question to anybody that can answer, every time i use my credit to get games at gamestop, they never charge tax, so my question is, if i use my credit to buy the new ps4 will they charge tax? or they wont?... i can save near $50 if they dont, so please if anybody know please, letme know... thanks!!!

[quote name='omargm']good luck, im doing the same thing and i already have $482.61 total in credit!... now, i have to wait until christmas xD... one quick question to anybody that can answer, every time i use my credit to get game at gamestop, thet never charge tax, so my question is, if i use my credit to buy the new ps4 will they charge tax? o they wont?... i can save near $50 if they dont, so please if anybody know please, letme know... thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I must have bad luck, every time I buy something there (only after trading in) I am charged tax.

I think the tax issue is addressed in the FAQ on the first page (depends on the state was the answer, if I recall).

edit..Per the FAQ:

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?

Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

[quote name='johnston306']Makes me less likely to make the trip, going in blind, and I can't be the only one who hates talking on the phone? And then you have gas prices, and I'm not keeping stuff in car or my person just in case I drive by one enroute to somewhere else. I think if they openly advertised trade values they might also counteract all the negativity about how they pay really low prices/rip people off, AND actually get people into the store.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but I would suggest that, by the very fact of us being on this website and posting on these forums that we are removed from the large majority of Gamestop customers. Like when I go in I know what I'm getting and if I'm trading I have a good idea of what promos are happening and how much I'm getting. A lot of people probably don't, I imagine, even know about running promos before going in the store. Don't know if I've been to a GS in years to just browse.

[quote name='johnston306']Makes me less likely to make the trip, going in blind, and I can't be the only one who hates talking on the phone? And then you have gas prices, and I'm not keeping stuff in car or my person just in case I drive by one enroute to somewhere else. I think if they openly advertised trade values they might also counteract all the negativity about how they pay really low prices/rip people off, AND actually get people into the store.[/QUOTE]

well we are CAG. most people, esp parents, kids, etc who dont know any better or too lazy to do comparing shopping all they want is just some $ off the new games they will buy at MSRP they dont really care too much about getting the most out of their trade.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']I think the tax issue is addressed in the FAQ on the first page (depends on the state was the answer, if I recall).

edit..Per the FAQ:

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming[/QUOTE]

i live in new york, awesome!... thank you so much my friend! :bow:... that means that i wont pay tax if i use my credit to buy the ps4... i will make this possible! :whee:

Some base values for you guys-
:360: Street Fighter X Tekken - $4
:360: Dance Central 1 - $4
:360: Dance Central 2 - $11
:wii: Rhythm Heaven - $3

Dance Central 1 is better at Best Buy. So is Rhythm Heaven. Dance Central 2 is better at Gamestop. SFxT is the same at both I think. Out of all those, I'd say the only one worth trading in is DC2.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Any idea what a 160 gb PS3 slim would trade for?[/QUOTE]

If you are trading it in toward the PS4 I would wait for a promo to pop up. Sorry I don't know the price, but I assume gamestop will have a Get an extra % or $ towards the purchase of a PS4 when trading in a PS3.

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']If you are trading it in toward the PS4 I would wait for a promo to pop up. Sorry I don't know the price, but I assume gamestop will have a Get an extra % or $ towards the purchase of a PS4 when trading in a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah think it'd be better to wait?

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of the same game you can trade in?

Obviously, not trading them all at once..but I'm assuming they keep track and flag accounts that trade in..say 5 copies of Sims3 over a week or so period?

;)[/QUOTE]

So...you like Sims 3 that much? lol

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Yeah think it'd be better to wait?[/QUOTE]

Going to be tough to bank on that if stock ends up being limited. I doubt with the PS4 and the Xbox 8 that we'll see a repeat of the WiiU's plentiful launch.

[quote name='Zolor23']So...you like Sims 3 that much? lol[/QUOTE]

Just doing my part to protect other potential buyers from the horror of that game.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Yeah think it'd be better to wait?[/QUOTE]

It may be a gamble but I would get a price now, if you are satisfied with it take it, however, gamestop is known for doing promos when new consoles come out. They did it with the 3ds, 3ds XL, and Vita. I mean I don't think if you traded it in now instead of later you are going to lose a significant amount of money and vice versa, if you waited you may not gain a significant amount, but if you aren't desperate to trade it in may want to wait and see. I don't think the price will drop dramatically. I would also like to see how other Cags feel about this too.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this queston but can anyone tell me in which order ifany these couponswould stack...I have a 20 percent off birthday coupon and a 10 dollar off used game. Can they be used together and if so which order would the be applied. On a 20 dollar game for example would I pay 8 bucks ($10 off first) or 6 bucks (20 percent off first)...thanks!

No Epic Mickey 2 quotes from today? ;)

You always want to check the value of first-party (or second-party) Nintendo games before trading them. I think they tend to have low print runs. But hell, even other random older games can spike up in value. Check out the prices for King King on the 360 (especially new). At one point that was bargain bin fodder worth a few bucks at most.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of the same game you can trade in?

Obviously, not trading them all at once..but I'm assuming they keep track and flag accounts that trade in..say 5 copies of Sims3 over a week or so period?[/QUOTE]

There never has been in the past. But they keep track of stuff more and more now with that PUR account, so who knows going forward. In my younger days I traded more than 5 copies of a few games under a single Edge account and never had an issue. I think GS is a little more reasonable about that sort of thing (than, say, Best Buy). If they offer a price for something, then that is what they think it is worth. The more they get, the more they can sell. If too many get traded in, the price drops. As long as you get them legitimately, then I don't think they have a problem with it.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']I think the tax issue is addressed in the FAQ on the first page (depends on the state was the answer, if I recall).

edit..Per the FAQ:

Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming[/QUOTE]

I'm in Fl and I never get charged sales tax when using credit.

Traded in the following, all PS3:

Far Cry 3- $20
Black Ops 2- $22
Mass Effect Trilogy- $20
Sleeping Dogs- $13
Ni No Kuni- $22
Dragon's Dogma- $17
DmC: Devil May Cry- $22

After extra 50% bonus, turned all this into around $218 and thus, a new Vita

PS3:

Ni No Kuni - $22
Rayman Origins $6
Max Payne 3 - $10

360:

Dead Space - $10

3DS:

Ocarina of Time - $16

DS:

Super Mario 64 - $12

All for the 360
Dragons dogma $17
Silent hill downpour $7
Anarchy Reigns $7
Crysis 2 $6
Sims 3 $7
Prototype 2 $6
Skate 3 $8

For PS3

Borderlands 2 17$
White Knight Chronicles 2 5$

Snagged a used copy of Metal Gear Rising to play for a few days, so I aint complaining

[quote name='io']No Epic Mickey 2 quotes from today? ;)[/QUOTE]

:wii:
Epic Flippy 2 ;) $15

:360:
Darksiders II $15
Borderlands GOTY $8

:ps3:
Darksiders II $15

:ds:
Pokemon Black 2 $14
Pokemon White 2 $11

[quote name='Geco17']:wii:
Epic Flippy 2 ;) $15

:360:
Darksiders II $15
Borderlands GOTY $8

:ps3:
Darksiders II $15

:ds:
Pokemon Black 2 $14
Pokemon White 2 $11[/QUOTE]

hold one more day, one more day!

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']If you are trading it in toward the PS4 I would wait for a promo to pop up. Sorry I don't know the price, but I assume gamestop will have a Get an extra % or $ towards the purchase of a PS4 when trading in a PS3.[/QUOTE]

What about an Xbox 360 250GB Slim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back