GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emg28']Yeah but L4D2 used is still $54.99 and the used market is where GS makes the majority of it's profit. I'm sure they're hoping that everyone who buys L4D2 for $39.99, will trade it in so they can resell it when the price goes back up.[/QUOTE]

Works for me. $10 online credit and a chance to trade it in for $45 after bonus? Yep.

traded in my launch 360 today (got a $100 walmart one). base price w/ wired controller $60 + $25 bonus = $85. don't know if gamestop charges different amounts for different revisions of 360s, though. so be aware!

Quotes for Saturday, 12-05-09:

:360: Flatout Ultimate Carnage $2.00
:360: Gears of War 2 $8.75
:360: GTA IV $8.50
:360: Gun $3.50
:360: Halo Wars $14.25
:360: Street Fighter IV $3.75
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. $6.75
:360: Virtua Fighter 5 $2.50
:360: Wheelman $7.00

Probably wont know until tomorrow around midday if they update their website on the regular schedule.

[quote name='stainremover']traded in my launch 360 today (got a $100 walmart one). base price w/ wired controller $60 + $25 bonus = $85. don't know if gamestop charges different amounts for different revisions of 360s, though. so be aware![/QUOTE]

Apparently they do. Once I called to ask about how much they would give and the employee said they had to see the console to see the model and it would be up to $70.

HUGE mondo drop from the OP:

Batman: AA (360)-$12.00 base, as of today...:(

That's quite a nasty fall in TIV; that is current as of about 2 hours ago. Hopefully I can save someone else from losing a good bit of credit on a trade in. I honestly didn't really notice it until I got to the car (I traded in a lot of high end stuff, so my total was pretty high); I also need Batman for my 6th game, so I was kind of stuck with that value.

You can still get $29 from Amazon, but you might want to lock in soon; I can see their TIV plummeting for this, as well. A lot of people have played through, and then traded in this game since release.

My trades from today

Wii
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games - $8.25

Assassin's Creed 2 - $30
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $23.25
MX v ATV Untamed - $6.75
NBA Live 10 - $14.25
TC Endwar - $4.50

Traded in
360:
GTA IV-8.50
Tekken 6-$25
Brutal Legend-$25
Wii:
Cooking Mama-7.25
Psp:
Tomb Raider-2.50
PS3:
DA Origins- 24.75
Total:133.50 after edge (Brutal Legend & DA Origins were gifts) It would've been 139.50, but refurbishing fees on Cooking Mama & GTA IV took away $6; still happy though =)

[quote name='FriscoDude']Traded in
360:
GTA IV-8.50
Tekken 6-$25
Brutal Legend-$25
Wii:
Cooking Mama-7.25
Psp:
Tomb Raider-2.50
PS3:
DA Origins- 24.75
Total:133.50 after edge (Brutal Legend & DA Origins were gifts) It would've been 139.50, but refurbishing fees on Cooking Mama & GTA IV took away $6; still happy though =)[/QUOTE]

why would anyone take a refurb fee when hv will buff it for 1$

Base TIVs for 12/6:

iconxbox360.gif
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - $13.75
iconxbox360.gif
Fallout 3: Broken Steel/ Point Lookout - $6
iconxbox360.gif
Halo 3: ODST - $27
iconxbox360.gif
NBA 2k10 - $23.25
iconxbox360.gif
Stoked - $2.75
iconwii.gif
Mario Power Tennis - $13.25

[quote name='sgaldis']HUGE mondo drop from the OP:

[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's $12.00. I bought it when it was on sale during black friday and recently finished the game and was planning to trade it in before the tiv drop....but now it's too late. Guess I'll keep it in my collection and let my friends borrow it.

Edit: I just searched on toys r us and the tiv is $25.
http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/X36/productdetails.aspx?productid=8461

Forgot to put in my last post, I asked for another TIV that was not in database or OP yet.

PSP Metal Slug Anthology - $4 as of 12/6

[quote name='supercoolguy']why would anyone take a refurb fee when hv will buff it for 1$[/QUOTE]

Oh wow I did not know that. I'll keep that in mind; thanks dude.

[quote name='FriscoDude']Oh wow I did not know that. I'll keep that in mind; thanks dude.[/QUOTE]

5 buffs for 5$ and tax
great deal

looks like the trade 4 get extra $20 promo will start tomorrow. just got back and they had the signs up already.

iconxbox360.gif
beatles rockband $19

held off on trades til tomorrow since i had some low value games.

It's hit and miss; I did this trade offer about three times and this was the first time I was charged a refurbishing fee.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']looks like the trade 4 get extra $20 promo will start tomorrow. just got back and they had the signs up already.

iconxbox360.gif
beatles rockband $19

held off on trades til tomorrow since i had some low value games.[/QUOTE]

Just console or handheld games as well? Anyway I'll probably still be kicking myself for just trading in stuff that would have been better with the 4 get $20 deal.:bomb:

Just console or handheld games as well? Anyway I'll probably still be kicking myself for just trading in stuff that would have been better with the 4 get $20 deal.:bomb:

not sure didnt read the fine print.

12-6 Fenton, MO Base TIV

Infinite Undiscovery $6 (up $.25)
NCAA Football 10 $16.75 (no change)
Madden NFL 10 $23 (no change)
Brutal Legend $25 (no change)

PS3
MLB The Show 09 $8.25 (no change)
Singstar ABBA [game only] $1.25 (down $.25)

Total with 40% plus Edge: $120.37

Put $5 on MLB The Show 10 and $55.38 on FFXIII on PS3. Wanted to reserve the Mass Effect 2 CE but their system would not take a preorder on it, even though it's still available on the website. Put $60 down on the regular edition.

Looks like I may have to reserve the CE on Amazon and then move that $60 credit towards something else.

GS at Clackamas Town Center started the 4 trades adding on an extra $20 today it would seem. Thinking I'd have to fork over some money, I ended up walking out with MW2 and 10 in store credit.

Not to mention I saw when I got home that the guy working there tossed in the store copy of the receipt which has a section for personal information with (blank on mine) spots for height, weight, hair and eye color.

I'm sure this isn't the only store to do this, but does anyone know what it's for? Loss prevention, or are they IDing me to send people to mug me in the parking lot and take back their stuff to re-sell it used again?

[quote name='hawaiiboy']looks like the trade 4 get extra $20 promo will start tomorrow. Just got back and they had the signs up already.

iconxbox360.gif
beatles rockband $19

held off on trades til tomorrow since i had some low value games.[/quote]

yes!!!

[quote name='franken']Apparently they do. Once I called to ask about how much they would give and the employee said they had to see the console to see the model and it would be up to $70.[/QUOTE]

All systems trade in for the same value. They are traded in as a system w/ either a wired or wireless controller. It does not matter if it is arcade, elite, pro, resident evil, or any other version. Hard drives and accessories are all traded apart from the console itself. The reason they said they had to see it is people will tell them on the phone "oh it's brand new looks great and works fine". Then they bring it in and it looks like crap with soda spilled on it and the controller is 3rd party or broken. They would then have to take it in as defective and you would get significantly less.

[quote name='AmorAngel']GS at Clackamas Town Center started the 4 trades adding on an extra $20 today it would seem. Thinking I'd have to fork over some money, I ended up walking out with MW2 and 10 in store credit.

Not to mention I saw when I got home that the guy working there tossed in the store copy of the receipt which has a section for personal information with (blank on mine) spots for height, weight, hair and eye color.

I'm sure this isn't the only store to do this, but does anyone know what it's for? Loss prevention, or are they IDing me to send people to mug me in the parking lot and take back their stuff to re-sell it used again?[/QUOTE]

It can be used for cash trade ins. That is all it would be used for. They are treated like pawn shops when accepting cash trades and have to get a valid state/federal ID and grab a lot of information. Some states/counties/cities need more information than others. That is the law and not just gamestop who require that information.

[quote name='emd081603']All systems trade in for the same value. They are traded in as a system w/ either a wired or wireless controller. It does not matter if it is arcade, elite, pro, resident evil, or any other version. Hard drives and accessories are all traded apart from the console itself. The reason they said they had to see it is people will tell them on the phone "oh it's brand new looks great and works fine". Then they bring it in and it looks like crap with soda spilled on it and the controller is 3rd party or broken. They would then have to take it in as defective and you would get significantly less.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I've never heard of them offering different values for different variations of the hardware.

[quote name='AmorAngel']GS at Clackamas Town Center started the 4 trades adding on an extra $20 today it would seem. Thinking I'd have to fork over some money, I ended up walking out with MW2 and 10 in store credit.

I'm sure this isn't the only store to do this, but does anyone know what it's for? Loss prevention, or are they IDing me to send people to mug me in the parking lot and take back their stuff to re-sell it used again?[/QUOTE]

I never heard of this, my guess would be they are "labeling" the people who trade in stuff to prevent flipping xx amount at other stores. Or for just security reasons such, in case you don't fit the description of the person using the edge card. Who knows??

Back on topic, is the trade 4 for 20+ bonus true? Is there a 2 dollar limit on each game? >_

[quote name='equax']I never heard of this, my guess would be they are "labeling" the people who trade in stuff to prevent flipping xx amount at other stores. Or for just security reasons such, in case you don't fit the description of the person using the edge card. Who knows??

Back on topic, is the trade 4 for 20+ bonus true? Is there a 2 dollar limit on each game? >_

Base TIV for 12/06/09

iconxbox360.gif

Blazing Angels $2.00
COD Modern Warfare 2 $30
Halo 3: ODST $27
Left 4 Dead 2 $30
NASCAR 08 $2.50
Need for Speed: Carbon $3.50

Got $142.50 total after edge/40% bonus!

Quick question....assuming the trade 2 games for $40 dollars credit towards new games on list, is it absolutely only towards the game on the list? or can i use it towards a different $60 new game?

[quote name='dahermitt']Quick question....assuming the trade 2 games for $40 dollars credit towards new games on list, is it absolutely only towards the game on the list? or can i use it towards a different $60 new game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the list of games it works for are the only games it works for.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']HUGE mondo drop from the OP:

That's quite a nasty fall in TIV; that is current as of about 2 hours ago. Hopefully I can save someone else from losing a good bit of credit on a trade in. I honestly didn't really notice it until I got to the car (I traded in a lot of high end stuff, so my total was pretty high); I also need Batman for my 6th game, so I was kind of stuck with that value.

You can still get $29 from Amazon, but you might want to lock in soon; I can see their TIV plummeting for this, as well. A lot of people have played through, and then traded in this game since release.[/QUOTE]

this indicates a big price drop will be coming soon then.

[quote name='MSUHitman'] Wanted to reserve the Mass Effect 2 CE but their system would not take a preorder on it, even though it's still available on the website. Put $60 down on the regular edition.

Looks like I may have to reserve the CE on Amazon and then move that $60 credit towards something else.[/QUOTE]

wow, what? they already stopped taking preorders for the ME 2 CE? I was gonna preorder it within the next few days with some trade-ins, thats horrible news for me :\ ugh

[quote name='dahermitt']Quick question....assuming the trade 2 games for $40 dollars credit towards new games on list, is it absolutely only towards the game on the list? or can i use it towards a different $60 new game?[/QUOTE]

The deal boosts the trade in value, it does not change the price of the purchased game so you can return for the full price. I did this with L4D2 ($59) and got a Mario instead, then rebought it online for $39 with the $10 gift coupon.

trade 3 bonus 10 and 4/20 is back starting tomorrow
for wii/ps3/360 games the minimum is 2$ but for ds and psp games its 1$
also bonus 20% when trading in for a pspgo

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wow, what? they already stopped taking preorders for the ME 2 CE? I was gonna preorder it within the next few days with some trade-ins, thats horrible news for me :\ ugh[/QUOTE]

They stopped taking pre-orders for them quite some time ago. Any time you want a collectors or special edition it's a good idea to pre-order very early.

[quote name='Toss']The deal boosts the trade in value, it does not change the price of the purchased game so you can return for the full price. I did this with L4D2 ($59) and got a Mario instead, then rebought it online for $39 with the $10 gift coupon.[/QUOTE]

If they see the game was purchased on a receipt with the bonus trade they should refuse the return. Sure you could do it on seperate receipts but your talking about fraud and you should expect to not be treated kindly if they pay enough attention to realize that is what you are doing. edit-didnt see the online part, but still return fraud just they wouldn't know until you do it regularly

[quote name='emd081603']If they see the game was purchased on a receipt with the bonus trade they should refuse the return. Sure you could do it on seperate receipts but your talking about fraud and you should expect to not be treated kindly if they pay enough attention to realize that is what you are doing. edit-didnt see the online part, but still return fraud just they wouldn't know until you do it regularly[/QUOTE]

Return fraud? I don't think so, not technically because I purchased the new Mario with the returned credit, which is part of the same deal. Plus I bought L4D2 there, returned the exact same gutted copy, never opened the game, and had a reciept. Maybe I'll get a sealed copy from Gamestop.com vs. the gutted copy the B&M store gave me this BF. That's the true fraud inmy opinion.

[quote name='supercoolguy']trade 3 bonus 10 and 4/20 is back starting tomorrow
for wii/ps3/360 games the minimum is 2$ but for ds and psp games its 1$
also bonus 20% when trading in for a pspgo[/QUOTE]

Whoa seriously? Last time handhelds weren't part of the deal. Oh man, I know another (local) used game store right next to a GS that has quite a few DS and psp games for .25 to $3!! I just hope my Impossible Mission and other DS games I'm through with qualify.

todays tiv
damnation 5.00
transformers 2.50
command & conquer red alert 3 5.50

wii
resident evil umbrella 6.25
de blob 4.75
my sims 6.75

[quote name='earvcunanan']Just like with the Dragon Age CE, it looks like EA will be making limited quantities of the Mass Effect 2 CE. Glad I pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

fdkjslkgj.

i was a few days late on DA: Origins CE wasn't sure if I wanted to go for CE, the day I went in to switch my preorder they were like we stopped taking preorders a few days ago. and now sorta the same situation for mass effect, sucks for me that i always put shit off till last minute lol

Jp, am I missing something on the PSP promo? It says trade any of those systems towards the PSP, but then the disclaimer has "Games with a TIV of 1.00 or less...." are excluded.

[quote name='bgame2']Jp, am I missing something on the PSP promo? It says trade any of those systems towards the PSP, but then the disclaimer has "Games with a TIV of 1.00 or less...." are excluded.[/QUOTE]
Pulled directly from their site. Likelihood is that someone was copy/pasting from an old promo and didn't read through it. Wouldn't be the first time.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']fdkjslkgj.

i was a few days late on DA: Origins CE wasn't sure if I wanted to go for CE, the day I went in to switch my preorder they were like we stopped taking preorders a few days ago. and now sorta the same situation for mass effect, sucks for me that i always put shit off till last minute lol[/QUOTE]
I have the Dragon Age: CE and it is not good. The cloth map is of very poor quality, the extra items are passable at best, sure you have a making off disc if you crave those. You can get Shale and Dragon Armor on Normal editions so you didn't really miss ANYTHING. The only saving grace is the Metal Pack which is cool and the only thing I liked.

Kind of a strange update, but I was just browsing the TIV list & noticed Red Faction was off. It says $14.25 but I pulled out an old receipt to confirm it was down to $12.75 as of 11/10. Probably lower now, but at least a little more up to date.

[quote name='salazarmark']I have the Dragon Age: CE and it is not good. The cloth map is of very poor quality, the extra items are passable at best, sure you have a making off disc if you crave those. You can get Shale and Dragon Armor on Normal editions so you didn't really miss ANYTHING. The only saving grace is the Metal Pack which is cool and the only thing I liked.[/QUOTE]

haha, sounds like I didn't miss out on much then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back