GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']did anyone else get this $20 coupon thing after ordering from Gamestop.com?

I have one, and I'm trying to check out right now, and it says it'll take $20 off my purchase, but at the final thread it says the coupon isn't working and my total is like $21, when it should be $1 -- how can i get it to work?[/QUOTE]

you enter the card where u enter codes like cag 16 and saver then click activate it takes 20 dollars off your purchase but wont stack with cag16

^ yeah it works when i enter it like that, but when i get to checkout and finalize it says the code isnt valid and it takes it off, and i've tried different things, first an MS points card, then some diff. games, etc.

Anyone know if the TIV for Transformers 2 is still $20? I'm thinking it may be better to still do the Trade 3/$10 Trade 4/$20 than trade Transformers 2 in seperately for that $20 off deal, if Transformers 2 still trades in for $20 normally.

Alright, everything has been updated. Feel like I've been running behind for the past week. Hate the holidays.

Would like some clarification. I realize that deals can't be combined, so a $20 bonus + 50% bonus due to 4 games + FFXIII pre-order is most likely out of the question. However, I've amassed 4 wii/ps3 games along with 8 DS games that I can let go. Would I be able to get the $20 for the 4 games along with $10 for both sets of 3 ds games and $5 for the last 2? If not, would I just have to spread out the trade-ins so they count as different transactions?

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Sorry for the newb question, but I traded in L4D2 last week; would I be able to trade another this week?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Make sure to trade it on another store though just to avoid the weird looks of the employees that remembered you.

You can actually trade in multiple copies of one game at different stores in a single day.

[quote name='salazarmark']Yes. Make sure to trade it on another store though just to avoid the weird looks of the employees that remembered you.

You can actually trade in multiple copies of one game at different stores in a single day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was able to trade another copy of L4D2.
With the B2G1, I got (after Edge):
L4D2 $0
AC 2 $49.49
MW 2 $49.49
L4D (2x) $48.58
PES 2009 $0
With Edge, paid ~$148

Traded in L4D2 ($48), L4D ($24), MW2 ($48) for GOW 3 (Legendary Ed), FF XIII, Bioshock 2 (Legendary Ed).
Gonna go back and trade in the other three, and possible get some more games.

OP, A lot updates for the list of TIV from today since I finally trade in everything I had for years including the current recent games.
*quote* = value originally from OP's TIV list.

12/26/09
PS3:
COD:MW2 - $30
Uncharted - $9.50
Killzone 2 - $10 (*$10.75*)
Borderlands - $24 (*$25.00*)
Resistance 1 -$2.50
Resident Evil 5 -$5.50

PS2:
Neo Geo Battle Colliseum - $1.25 (*$2.50*)
King of Fighters XI - $2.75 ($4.50)
Tony Hawk's Underground 1 - $0.90 (*$0.85*)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $1.00 (*$1.50*)
GTA: Vice City - $0.75
MGS3 (reg ed.) - $2.00 (*$2.75*)
Katamari Damacy - $2.00 (*$2.25*)
Spiderman 2 - $1.00 (*$1.75*)
Soul Calibur 2 - $1.75
Virtua Fighter 4 - $0.90 (*$0.95*)

Junks -PS2/360
PS2 AV Cable x2 - $2.50 each
360 VGA HD cable -$3.75 (*$3.50*)
Madcatz 3rd Party PS2 Controller - $3.00 (*$3.25*)
360 Wired Headset -$5.25 (*$5.00*)

Total - $131.32 after 50% preorder promo EXCLUDING RE5/Resistance/Junks.

I used RE5 for the $20 off anything in the store promo to get Valkyria Chronicles ($19.99). Resistance was used for $5.00 promo so it's worth $7.50 TIV.

Overall, it's not that bad but at least I excused myself from wasting time with Craigs or the hassle of selling each individual old games for a little more on ebay/amazon but it doesn't worth my time. Note that few TIV's got increased while mostly the ps2 games TIV has gone to shit.

LOL I traded 4 games & got $48 after the extra $20 bonus, but checking out Amazon.com TIV, I would have gotten a base of $46 for the same 4 games.

Gamestop TIV are useless without any bonus :D

My trades from today 12/26

iconxbox360.gif

Halo 3:ODST $22
Modern Warfare 2 $30
Assassins Creed 2 $30

iconps3.gif

Uncharted 2 $25

Used these to trade toward a pre-order of FF XIII and for those wondering you get the 50% bonus on the entire trade without having to order multiple games and not just the amount that goes towards the pre-order. (They just put the extra trade money on your edge card) That said, after my edge card and the 50% bonus I got 111.21 of trade credit and FF XIII fully paid for from just the trade of these 4 games. Also, there is no coupon for this promo, but it is not automatic either, they either need to scan something or enter a code to get it to work. The store I went to did not even know about 50% trade bonus towards GOW3, Bioshock 2, or FF XIII promo and were convinced that it either wasn't going on until Sunday or was getting it confused with other 25-30% promos until they looked at their printed multi-page ad. (It is in there at the bottom near the end of the ad) They had to call another local store to get the code to type in manually to get it to work since they didn't have any marketing materials to scan in the promo at that store. (typical Gamestop)

Base TIVs from 12/26 (all 360 unless specified)

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - 2.75
Beautiful Katamari - 9.25
Eternal Sonata - 7.75
Virtua Fighter 5 - 2.25
Burnout Paradise - 6.75
Guitar Hero: World Tour - 3.50
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 7.25
Uncharted 1 (PS3) - 9.50

[quote name='winb83']does the 50% extra with Final Fantasy XIII preorder stack with edge to make 60% extra?[/QUOTE]

Yes, same thing for Bioshock 2 and God of War 3, and their respective legendary editions.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Yes, same thing for Bioshock 2 and God of War 3, and their respective legendary editions.[/QUOTE]
then i guess i'll stop by the Target that's in the same plaza as Gamestop and pick up a Call of Duty MW2 open it and trade it in at Gamestop, i'll pick up a few bucks on it so why not?

edit: did it. put together a couple dollars in pocket change to take care of the tax on Modern Warfare 2 and got $48 for the $39 i paid for it. not a bad deal since the two stores are so close to each other but i wouldn't go out of my way to do it. thinking about doing it a gain for God of War III now.

[quote name='winb83']then i guess i'll stop by the Target that's in the same plaza as Gamestop and pick up a Call of Duty MW2 open it and trade it in at Gamestop, i'll pick up a few bucks on it so why not?

edit: did it. put together a couple dollars in pocket change to take care of the tax on Modern Warfare 2 and got $48 for the $39 i paid for it. not a bad deal since the two stores are so close to each other but i wouldn't go out of my way to do it. thinking about doing it a gain for God of War III now.[/QUOTE]

next time buy Left4Dead2 at gamestop for $40. Open it up in front of them and trade it in for GOW3 :p

my gamestop says that they don't have any trade in promos for the extra 50% towards BS2/GoW3/FF13. called 3 stores out of town and no one is doing the promo. does anyone know the promo code for this? please help

Is it a bad idea to buy 3 games like L4D2, Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 for the b2g1 and then go to a different store and trade them in? Can they tell that you just bought them or something, I am paranoid that it won't work.

[quote name='shinryu333']my gamestop says that they don't have any trade in promos for the extra 50% towards BS2/GoW3/FF13. called 3 stores out of town and no one is doing the promo. does anyone know the promo code for this? please help[/QUOTE]

Had to call and explain my situation from yesterday to get the code they wrote down. I said I needed it for a "buddy" in WI (shinryu333) who had the the same problem, and they were all like, why didn't the store look for it, and I had to make up an excuse that my "buddy" didn't tell me till after the fact and that they must not have known about it at all at that store. Anyway, here it is:

EBC3011173

That should get the promo to work even if they are unaware of it or too lazy to call someone or check their own printed ad. If you still have issues then call corporate cust. service cause it in both the online ad and instore print ad like I already said.

[quote name='bcb4589']Is it a bad idea to buy 3 games like L4D2, Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 for the b2g1 and then go to a different store and trade them in? Can they tell that you just bought them or something, I am paranoid that it won't work.[/QUOTE]

I have done this more than more than one time during these B2G1 promos over the last few weeks so I know it works fine. You should prob take some of the stickers off though to avoid too much suspicion but ok to lerave them on one game since it may be less work for them and if you are worried about getiing any refurb fee on an incomplete game(i.e. missing manual/no original case) or one that is not in flawless condition, it would be best to leave the stickers on so you have more of a case to argue against refurb fee. That said, if you are going for the best flipping offer and trading these in using the 50% pre-order deal you will have to put the full 59.99 of your total trade towards the pre-order while still getting the bonus on any leftover trade.

Also to the guy that suggested opening the L4D2 game in front of them that would be pretty dumb since they could always use the policy of not taking the game if they know it was still sealed that day, and you would have to wait an extra day. (For those that still dont know this, at most gamestops if you bring in a sealed game to ask about trade value without opening it, they will give you a value and you can leave it sealed but they will not accept the trade until the following day, even if you have a receipt)

[quote name='Japakneez']next time buy Left4Dead2 at gamestop for $40. Open it up in front of them and trade it in for GOW3 :p[/QUOTE]
you can do that?

I decided against buying 3 games and then trading them in at a different store, seemed like to much work for like $40 and then having to cancel the preorders that the 50% was good for. It would have been nice but the 3 games that are getting 50% I am getting from Amazon anyway.

I was going to trade in Legend of Zelda Spirit tracks towards FFXIII; If I were to trade in more games that exceeds the 59.99 price for FFXIII would I be able to keep that extra credit?

TIV's 12-26
All Changes

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs - $12.75
Madagascar Kartz - $7.00
Tom Clancy's Endwar - $4.00

Edit: All for Xbox 360

Some more TIVS:

12/26
:ps3: Assassin's Creed $7.75

12/27
:360:50 Cent: Blood on the Sand $4.75
:360:Burnout Paradise $6.75
:360:Velvet Assassin $3.75
:360:Lego Batman $4.00

thanks for the reply, z24buddy. finally took games in, they found the promo on their weekly ad but said that they did not receive any barcodes to scan. the guy called the manager and still had no luck so he just calculated my total with the 60% added tiv and overrided the price for me manually.

LoZ:spirit tracks base tiv $20
L4D1 base tiv $15
Dragon Age PS3 base tiv $22

Games I traded today, before edge card or $20 dollar bonus:

(all for 360)
Borderlands: $25
Fifa Street 3: $3
Godfather: $3
NFS Shift: $16.50
Splinter Cell Double Agent: $3.25

[quote name='kapkorn']You can still trade in a game with case and no manual for the regular trade in price right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it shouldnt matter. If you do run into a store that does charge a fee, just go to another one.

12/27 trades:

:360:
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon - $11.75
Midnight Club Los Angeles - $7.50
Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition - $7
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $2.75

A couple of surprises there: first of all that the DaH game is so high even without a promo. But isn't the MCLA complete edition one with DLC or something? It doesn't matter to me because both were actually disc-only regular MCLA's. I just thought it was odd the regular one gets 50 cents more than the "Complete Edition". The other clerk must have just keyed in the wrong one off my disc though.

Looks like tomorrow's TIV's for MW2 and L4D2 are dropping to $28.
I was at GS near closing, and I noticed on their board the $28, AC2 was blank but I have a hunch that it'll drop to $28 too.
I was able to trade in both L4D2 and MW2 at $30 pre Edge & 50% bonuses. Also, the cashier/manager was not able to find the promo for the extra 50% so he manually overode it, and by mistake I got more than the 60% bonus.

MW2 (360)
$30 Base TIV
$3.34 Bonus (Promo 8323)
$15 overide
$4.50 Edge
Total: $52.84

L4D2 (360)
$30 Base TIV
$3.34 Bonus (Promo 8323)
$15 overide
$4.50 Edge
Total: $52.84

Borderlands (PS3)
$24 Base TIV
$3.34 Bonus (Promo 8323)
$12 Overide
$3.60 Edge
Total: $42.94

Looks like I was able to stack the +$10 promo, and recieved the non-base TIV Edge bonus.
I was able to fully pre-order Bioshock 2 Legendary, and recieved the difference as credit.
This was a win on so many levels.
This was my 3rd trade-in ever, and I started the whole GS flipping process yesterday.
Thanks CAG!

[quote name='kapkorn']You can still trade in a game with case and no manual for the regular trade in price right?[/QUOTE]

YMMV on being charged a refurb fee or not. If you live in a major metropolitan area, just try a different Gamestop.

Base TIV as of 12/26/09:

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed 2 - $30.00
Monopoly - $10.25
Tekken 6 - $23.50
Uncharted 2 - $25.00

:360:
Brutal Legend - $23.50
Dragon Age Origins - $23.50
Fable II - $3.75

The copy of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts I traded in was just the disc that had a bunch of writing on it in green sharpie (i bought it from blockbuster) and they still gave me full TIV for it.

12/28
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 - $30

Got $49 towards GoW3 preorder. Funny thing is the system kept automatically stacking a $5 promotion. Sadly, after several minutes of confusion and hard work, the employee finally managed to remove it.

I noticed a few of the trade in values, which doesn't seem to be in effect yet:
Assassin's Creed 2- $28
Modern Warfare 2- $28
Left 4 Dead 2- $28
New Super Mario Bros- $25
Borderlands- $23
Dragon Age- $23

The trade towards Bioshock 2, does it have a dollar limit for the games? MY BC-PS3 just died and will be replaced with a non-BC-PS3 so I want to hock my old PS2 games and get a decent amount of scratch for 'em.

[quote name='advanced']The trade towards Bioshock 2, does it have a dollar limit for the games? MY BC-PS3 just died and will be replaced with a non-BC-PS3 so I want to hock my old PS2 games and get a decent amount of scratch for 'em.[/QUOTE]

TBH, I'd try to get rid of your games elsewhere; from all indicators, PS2 TIVs at GS just fell off a cliff recently.

I traded my MW2 and AC2 using that 50% promo thingy, and my GS didn't make me put the full trade value towards FF13. Guess I got lucky? I only had to put $5 which I was planning to do anyways. Spent $100 on MW2(Hardened),AC2,and LBP and got back $96. LBP and MW2 Hardened case/artbook was $4 for me.

btw, anybody know the TIV for an original DS?

12/28 Base TiV(s):

09.50 360 Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
10.00 360 Call of Juarez Bound in Blood
22.25 360 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Store 1: Returned Marvel and pre-ordered Bioshock 2 (+50% trade deal). Got 35.59 after Edge.
Store 2: Returned Juarez and Star Wars for 21.00 and 20.95 respectively, from the $20 trade-in deal, and got a used copy of Killzone 2. All said and done I walked away with an extra 5.96 on my card.

12/28 base TIV:

fable 2: $3.75
dead space: $6.00
bioshock: $6.00
mass effect: $4.25
graw2: $3.25

Total trade in, with $20-extra-for-4, $20 for fable2, and edge bonus: $62.84.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back