GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait, so if a game is $5 on the dot, it doesn't qualify for the new promos? It has to be OVER $5, i.e $5.01?

That's low, if true, and disqualifies quite a few games I have that come in exactly at $5.

Sucks they lowered all the TIV's too, it looks like.

These kind of promos have always had the must be $x.01 or higher. Definitely not a surprise that they lowered the trade-in values either. Was to be expected really.

[quote name='jp0213']These kind of promos have always had the must be $x.01 or higher. Definitely not a surprise that they lowered the trade-in values either. Was to be expected really.[/QUOTE]

I guess I never really noticed because $2 was such an easy amount to hit =/

So is it recommended then to trade things ASAP then? I'm doing some spring cleaning and this sale seems perfect for it. How do multiple sets work, say I had 14 games that were $5 or more (as an example), do I get $100 extra, or do I need to do each 7 in a seperate transaction?

In theory you should get $100 bonus and most of the time that works, but there have been past promotions that the second or third grouping didn't get the bonus like they were supposed too. Definitely on promos like this, if you have games that are right on the line get them in quickly as possible because the likelihood of them dropping in value is high.

I just back from Gamestop.
Let's Tap - $3.00 TIV ,not $6.00
Guitar hero smash hits (xbox 360) - $9.75
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV party (wii) - $4.75
please update TIV thread

Traded 4 Games
Tekken 6 - $31.28 ($22.75)
Gold's Gym Cardio Workout(wii) - $12.85 ($6.00)
C&C :Red Alert 3(Xbox 360) - $12.02 ($5.25)
Transformers : Revenge of Fallen (xbox 360) - $14.50 ($7.50)

4/Extra $25

Called a ton of GS's to confirm a lot of values that were on the edge of the $5 TIV, but hadn't been updated in forever. Same stayed around the same, some like RE 5 took a huge drop to the sub $5 level.

Hopefully all these values can help a lot of people.

Assassin's Creed - $5.50
Soul Calibur IV - $4.50
Dead Space - $5.75
Burnout Paradise - $6.50
King of Fighters XII - $7.25
Fallout 3 - $6.00
Fight Night Round 4 - $3.00
Banjo-Kazooie - $5.75
Simpsons - $6.50
Orange Box - $6.75
Resident Evil 5 - $3.50
Battlefield Bad Company - $6.50
Tom Clancy's HAWX - $5.50
Mirror's Edge - $5.25
Midnight Club LA - $6.75
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - $7.75
Skate - $5.75
Saints Row 2 - $4.75
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - $4.75
Bully - $7.50
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $5.75
Godfather 2 - $3.75

PS3

Heavenly Sword - $7.75

Wii

Mushroom Men - 4.25

Just came back from gamestop and came up one short of 7 games which sucks but I was able to get the bonus 10 and 25 bucks so only 15 bucks lost.

PS3
Bioshock - 5.75
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - 13.25
Dead Space - 5.75
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - 6.50
Mirror's Edge - 6.50
Prince of Persia - 5.25
Tomb Raider Underworld - 3.75
X Blades - 2.75

These are the TIV values I got yesterday 1/24

Wheelman - $5
Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit - $3.50
Kane and Lynch - $4.50
Quake 4 - 70 cents
Operation Darkness - $2.50
Timeshift - $1.25
Turok - $1.50
Jericho - $1.50
Facebreaker - $1.50
Dark Sector - $1.25

PS3

Afro Samurai - $4.25
Incredible Hulk - $5.50
Rise of the Argonauts - $2.25
Fracture - $1.00
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $4.25

Updated lists, working on database right now.

EDIT: Database now fully updated as well.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Nice to see some trade in values went up, how Burnout Paradise gets more than Resident Evil 5 is beyond me though..[/QUOTE]

Re-release in a few months, not to mention Burnout was still actively updated up until a few days/weeks ago.

For the $30 HW bonus to apply, I suppose you need to purchase the new system at the same time? Can't you keep the credit and buy the system sometime down the road?

Tivs, all 360 for Gamestop for today

Lost Odyssey - 8.5
Battlestation Pacific - 7.5
Dynasty Warriors 6 empires - 8.0
Assassins Creed - 5.5
Oblivion GOTY - 9.50
Heroes over Europe - 6.50
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood - 9.50
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - 7.50
Eternal Sonata - 7.25

[quote name='animalspinners']These are the TIV values I got yesterday 1/24

PS3

Rise of the Argonauts - $2.25[/QUOTE]

Crap. I was kind of hoping the TIV had held around $5.25, but then again they're selling this game for $17.99 or so.:cry:

If I hadn't already heard that Spun.com are a bunch of fuckin' jackoffs and claim that mint/complete stuff is 'too scratched' to give full TIV for I'd trade it there cuz it gets $16 and change from them with no promo needed.:D

Wow, I went in today with like 15 PS3/360 games, and only 3 of them had a TiV of over $5.00. That was pretty bad, so I politely said "no, thanks" and walked away. Looks like TRU or Game Crazy may get my trade-ins instead.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow, I went in today with like 15 PS3/360 games, and only 3 of them had a TiV of over $5.00. That was pretty bad, so I politely said "no, thanks" and walked away.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I don't see why so many people are somehow uncomfortable with this. They trade the games in, get awful TIVs, and then cry about it on here. Or they get offered an opened "new" copy of a game, buy it, and then bitch about the practice. It's simple. If you don't like what you're getting, walk away. You aren't obligated to deal with them.

And I definitely have a feeling that, as long as this promo goes on, we will be seeing a lot of posts like this. Getting enough games together with a TIV of $5+ is gonna be tough.

I'm not crying about it at all. I was just a bit surprised since I thought my games would at least be at the $5.00 mark. And you're right, I'm not obligated to deal with them - that's why I politely said "no, thanks" and took my business else where. It's not like this is the first time I turned them down to go some where else. ;)

lol just like I thought. They dropped all the values for the ones they don't want copies of to below $5. Like Ghostbusters/RE5 Saints row 2, etc.

This isn't a bad idea for them, but it means these deals are kinda dead for now, if they stick with the $5 requirement. Glad I didn't make any trips out to any stores. Sold my stuff on amazon for much more and cash.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I'm not crying about it at all. I was just a bit surprised since I thought my games would at least be at the $5.00 mark. And you're right, I'm not obligated to deal with them - that's why I politely said "no, thanks" and took my business else where. It's not like this is the first time I turned them down to go some where else. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's what I said. I think you took my post wrong. I was pointing out that more people should do that, rather than do business with them and then cry a river about it later on.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow, I went in today with like 15 PS3/360 games, and only 3 of them had a TiV of over $5.00. That was pretty bad, so I politely said "no, thanks" and walked away. Looks like TRU or Game Crazy may get my trade-ins instead.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind taking a 50/50 chance that some of the TIV's will be reduced, see one of my prior posts(spun.com). They're giving $15+ for many games that GS are only giving $3-6 for, which means you really NEED the damn promo to get the $15 or even close.:roll:

Also check out FYE, since they give a 10 or 20% bump usually if you take credit, but they're anal retentive on condition too.

RE5 should be going up in value soon with the directors cut coming out. That happened with Fallout and Fable 2.

In any case, squarehard, DS games are excluded anyway. The deal is just less awesome now. I don't think I have any games that are worth $5-$10. Majority of my games are ones they have TONS at so naturally they get priced below $5 or have a TIV above $25 in which case I'd rather get 50% bonus or just list on ebay and get cash.

If this goes until mid February.... hopefully that'll be enough time for HWV or BBV to have another sale. In the meantime, I'll just check my games with the price GS will give me with the bonus against what I can get on ebay after fees and decide what's better. Going to be a busy day.

cleaning out my old toat from storage found 3 mint dualshock 2's lol wonder how much gs would give for them.

360 fallout 3 - 6.00

They do still have the deal if you preorder FFXIII or God of War 3 you get 25% more TIV for any games, including PS2, DS, GC games. I plan to dump all my PS2 games for FFXIII. I heard they may not trade PS2 games soon.

[quote name='Zygote']They do still have the deal if you preorder FFXIII or God of War 3 you get 25% more TIV for any games, including PS2, DS, GC games. I plan to dump all my PS2 games for FFXIII. I heard they may not trade PS2 games soon.[/QUOTE]

Only thing is that the 25% more promo is better for higher value games and most of us are just looking to dump the shit we got stupid cheap that has the usual minimum TIV of $2 or just over.:D

So the 25% more would work for people who took advantage of sales and glitches and got newer release stuff for really cheap. Otherwise, it's just not worth it.

I can't seem to find an edit button for Pikmin Wii in the database since there is no current trade-in value. So if anyone else wants to give it a try:

New Play Control Pikmin:$6.25

[quote name='hoofrog']I can't seem to find an edit button for Pikmin Wii in the database since there is no current trade-in value. So if anyone else wants to give it a try:

New Play Control Pikmin:$6.25[/QUOTE]
That is really odd, if you go to the game page you don't see the trade-in value. If you go to the GameStop retailer page and search for the game and bring it up it shows the TIV. Only reason I knew there was a trade-in value was because I put that in last night. I'll shoot Cheapy a message about that. I remember something similar happening to a couple other games.

Ok,

Just got back from GS, was able to take advantage of the deal and good thing I brought 8 games with me.

Trade values were pretty good except Beatles Rock Band, that took a bad hit.

PS3
GT5:prologue $9.00

Rock Band Beatles $11.50
Burnout Paradise $6.50
Sonic Ultimate Genesis $7.75
Red Faction $11.00
Spider-man WOS $5.50
Orange Box $6.75

Did not qualify
Namco Museum $5.00

By the way, did you know that GS sells itunes gift cards? I just saw them while I was there and grabbed a $25 card.

I wouldn't recommend trading in 14 games in 1 transaction. It's a lot to add up on the spot to see if you're getting the $50 per 7 games.

Well maybe not... if each game gets a minimum of $5 x 14 + $100 = $170. Your trades should be more than that.

wait do ds titles count, i thought it only said wii/360/ps3, if so i have some ds games i would like to trade that are over $5, and another thing is if the game is exactly $5 does it not count ex. MadWorld, and if it makes a difference i do have the edge card so it would make it 5.50 but i am not sure if they take that price or the original thanks

The $5 value is the base, not the value after the edge 10%. The only games that qualify for the $10/25/50 promo are 360/Wii/PS3, handheld games do not count.

1/26

Xbox 360
Star Ocean Last Hope - $13.50
Assassins Creed II - $25

Ps3
Sid Meiers Civilization Revolution - $7.50
Ratchet & Clank: Future Tools of Destruction - $7
Rock band Track Pack Classic - $2.75

I got $83 total. Got No More Heroes 2 and Mass effect 2.

Base Values:
Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP) - 6.25
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - 4.50
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) - 6.50

Used the 30% PSP coupon and picked up Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

here are the values from my trade-in today
i find this post helpful so it's about time i contributed

mass effect 360 5.25
gta: episodes lib. city 360 15.00
pikmin (wii) 6.25
madden 10 ps3 23.75

I managed to come up with enough games for the $50 bonus, so here are their values:

:360:
Hitman - Blood Money - $6.75 (down $0.25 from 12/22)
Tom Clancy's HAWX - $5.50
Orange Box - $6.75

:wii:
My Sims - $6.75
Call Of Duty 3 - $5.75 (down $0.75 from 7/29)
Mario Strikers Charged - $5.25
Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop - $5.50 (down $8 from 10/1)

Here's the list of ones that did not qualify for the bonus (these prices are from memory so might be off by $0.25 or $0.50):

Don King Boxing - $3.00 (new to the list)
Hannah Montana Spotlight World Tour - $3.25 (new to the list)
Big Brain Academy - $4.00 (was $5.75 on 9/14)
The Simpsons Game - $4.50 (was $7.75 on 9/14)
EA Playground - $5.00 (was $5.50 on 10/3)

Call Of Juarez - $4.25 (was $5.25 on 12/3)

Borderlands 24.75
Lost Odyssey 8.50
Tales of Vesperia 8.50
Magna Carta II 15.75
Last Remnant 4.75
Infinite Undiscovery 5.75
Resident Evil 5 3.75

Animal Crossing: City 4:00

I traded in my Wii for a 360 Elite, but didn't really have a wonderful time doing so.

Firstly, the guy had no idea about the sale. He said that it wasn't in their marketing book. I told him to let me know once the Wii rung up, how much it would come up for. He then checked the book to see the sale was on the front page. What a surprise. So I traded in my Wii, extra Wiimote/nunchuck, Wii Sports, Classic Controller and a couple of GCN games. I got $154 for the whole sha-bang.

Picked up my new Elite and almost got an N-Router. I asked him if it would work with other routers(G, in specific) and he said he didn't know, then rudely answered that it's on me since I can't return it once I buy it. I bought it at Target, only to see that it blatantly stated that it's capable with G routers on the front of the box.

But then again, what do I expect from GS?

Resident Evil 5 trading in for that is a joke!!! Good deal G. Dude on your swap. Well played.

I traded in

Overlord 5.50 (12.30) original price (after 10% edge and promo)
L4D 1 6.50 (13.40)
N. Gaiden 2 5.75 (12.58)
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection 7.75 , (14.78) =$53 or so in credit.

I really rarely ever trade in to GS, but for this deal it was worth it for me, thanks OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back