GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say that the consoles were priced in a range for only "fanboys and geeks" when the 360 sold extremely well at $300 without a hard drive and $400 with the 20GB HDD.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Probably to try and make it seem like the PS3 is heavily in demand and they can't keep up with it.:roll: It's still about $100 too much for most normal consumers.[/QUOTE]

lol.

Just... lol.

[quote name='el swordo']geeze Iam are you a huge fanboy or what? i love my 360 and all but the ps3 is a steal for $300 compared to what you get with the same priced 360[/QUOTE]

Hardly. I own ONLY a PS3 and that's due to the fact that there were/are no games I really care for on the Wii and the 360 RROD rate. While the RROD rate may have improved, I still can't see myself paying that much for a system that may go kablooie on me.

The only reason I even bought a PS3 was for God Of War III(and the fact I sold all the prior gen games I had for $450 or so), but since it's taken so damned long to come out has diminished my desire to pick it up soon after release to where I may pick it up ONLY after it hits clearance someplace.

If not for GOW III, I would have no real reason to own a PS3, since most of the games I've wanted to play have been multi platform. I've tried many of the games that people rave about on the PS3 and I thought most of the exclusives sucked ass(Resistance and inFamous being two of them),

[quote name='blissskr']Why would they hold back units that would sell? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard; especially from a business standpoint and I doubt it's the case. I'm sure they're trying to make it seem like there's heavy demand so a consumer wanting to drop $300 on a new system has to wait for it or can walk out the door with there competitors system at the same price point which is readily available.[/QUOTE]

nobody holds back units to sell. the whole conspiracy theory of holding back units is propagated by people who don't understand the concept of excess inventory being a bad thing. And people who can't get what they want. All the people crying about the wii during the lean days were basically retards.

In the history of retail, the only people that purposefully holds back units and creates artificial demand is the diamond industry. Sony really doesn't want warehouses full of stock and neither do their distributors. But that's too logical. It's easier and more satisfying i guess to put on a tinfoil hat and cry foul.

Lists and database caught up. Been caught up for like an hour or so, just didn't want to post. Found a movie quote I wanted to use so I guess I'll put my page marker here then.

"You know, at some point, you, uh, you might wanna consider sitting down with somebody. You know, have a little share time? Kick back. Get in touch with your inner child, that sorta thing. Also, just a thought, but you might wanna consider blinking once in a while."

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hardly. I own ONLY a PS3 and that's due to the fact that there were/are no games I really care for on the Wii and the 360 RROD rate. While the RROD rate may have improved, I still can't see myself paying that much for a system that may go kablooie on me.

The only reason I even bought a PS3 was for God Of War III(and the fact I sold all the prior gen games I had for $450 or so), but since it's taken so damned long to come out has diminished my desire to pick it up soon after release to where I may pick it up ONLY after it hits clearance someplace.

If not for GOW III, I would have no real reason to own a PS3, since most of the games I've wanted to play have been multi platform. I've tried many of the games that people rave about on the PS3 and I thought most of the exclusives sucked ass(Resistance and inFamous being two of them),[/QUOTE]

I would certainly hope that you aren't placing MGS4 in that same category. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hardly. I own ONLY a PS3 and that's due to the fact that there were/are no games I really care for on the Wii and the 360 RROD rate. While the RROD rate may have improved, I still can't see myself paying that much for a system that may go kablooie on me.

If not for GOW III, I would have no real reason to own a PS3, since most of the games I've wanted to play have been multi platform. I've tried many of the games that people rave about on the PS3 and I thought most of the exclusives sucked ass(Resistance and inFamous being two of them),[/QUOTE] fair enough

[quote name='confoosious']nobody holds back units to sell. the whole conspiracy theory of holding back units is propagated by people who don't understand the concept of excess inventory being a bad thing. And people who can't get what they want. All the people crying about the wii during the lean days were basically retards.

In the history of retail, the only people that purposefully holds back units and creates artificial demand is the diamond industry. Sony really doesn't want warehouses full of stock and neither do their distributors. But that's too logical. It's easier and more satisfying i guess to put on a tinfoil hat and cry foul.[/QUOTE]

Hey now. My hat is made up of plastic wrap and used bubble gum.;)

Im pretty sure he was talking to this guy being a 360 fanboy cheapest and not you lol.

[quote name='postulio']it should also be noted that most of the people who are 'in the know' (and recognize 300 as a good pricepoint) have already bought one. what is left is mainly the soccer moms and families on a budget (or just un-informed people) who look at 200$ vs 300$ for a mainstream console that comes with everything they need to play a new game (which, to a layman, there is no difference in ps3 vs 360 games/exclusives) and chooses the cheaper one (wii or 360 arcade).

also left are the people already with a 360 who wouldnt mind adding a ps3 to their arsenal if the price is right, [which at 300 for a console who's ability is already overlapped (mostly) by their 360], is not $300.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey now. My hat is made up of plastic wrap and used bubble gum.;)[/QUOTE]
Do you wait for the gum to dry first or is it on the outside of the hat?

[quote name='blissskr']Why would they hold back units that would sell? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard; especially from a business standpoint and I doubt it's the case. I'm sure they're trying to make it seem like there's heavy demand so a consumer wanting to drop $300 on a new system has to wait for it or can walk out the door with there competitors system at the same price point which is readily available.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with blissskr. There is absolutely no reason for Sony, or any company for that matter, to hold back stock in order to "create hype and demand." If anything, having a shortage in supply would hurt sales due to loss of consumer confidence, which would cause consumers to turn towards readily available alternatives (i.e. Wii, X360). The argument that Sony is purposely creating a shortage is unfounded and untrue, for the most part.

Furthermore, as an indicator of exactly how well PS3 has been selling since the price cut, Industry Gamer reports a total of 31 Million units of PS3s sold to date in January, which is compared to X360's 38 Million. The aforementioned figures demonstrate the acceleration in PS3's sales and how the price-cut has helped PS3 close the gap in units sold against the X360.

I would have to also say that, while opinions are very much welcomed, unfounded discussions can turn into rumors and has no contribution value whatsoever.

[quote name='jp0213']Do you wait for the gum to dry first or is it on the outside of the hat?[/QUOTE]

Nah. It's best to work with the gum while it's still moist. Though finding moist pieces under random tables involves staking out the local restaurants virtually 24/7. ;)

And it's on the inside and outside of the hat. It keeps the hat firmly attached to my hair and on my head.:lol:

[quote name='monkeydoodle']
I would have to also say that, while opinions are very much welcomed, unfounded discussions can turn into rumors and has no contribution value whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 price drop was a rumor for the longest time and look where that went.

I would think those that didn't have a preference for 360 vs PS3 and didn't care or know about console exclusives would pick the PS3 because of the bluray player.

I think if I was starting out without a console, I'd pick the PS3. Plays 95% of games available on the 360 AND has a blu ray? Sold.

(That being said, I'm firmly in the 360 camp now as I've got too much money tied into it and I hate the PS3 controller.)

[quote name='confoosious']I would think those that didn't have a preference for 360 vs PS3 and didn't care or know about console exclusives would pick the PS3 because of the bluray player.

I think if I was starting out without a console, I'd pick the PS3. Plays 95% of games available on the 360 AND has a blu ray? Sold.

(That being said, I'm firmly in the 360 camp now as I've got too much money tied into it and I hate the PS3 controller.)[/QUOTE]

If you ever somehow ended up getting a PS3 though, you should try the dreamGEAR Shadow controller. It has an inverted left stick and D-pad, more in line with the 360 controller. You could also try one of those convertors to be able to use other system's controllers on the PS3.

It's not about creating hype. A set number of units are made because ms and sony were losing >$100 per system manufactured. Once the cost of production goes down the quantity of available systems increase. I thought this was common knowledge. Also, the base price for

COD MW2 dropped to 18.00

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you ever somehow ended up getting a PS3 though, you should try the dreamGEAR Shadow controller. It has an inverted left stick and D-pad, more in line with the 360 controller. You could also try one of those convertors to be able to use other system's controllers on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

is that good? i love playing shooters on 360 because of the controller but i want to play bad company 2 with a friend on ps3

oh i have one. I'm just saying if i started out with nothing.

But thanks for the heads up on that controller. I hate the PS3 controller with a passion.

[quote name='blissskr']Im pretty sure he was talking to this guy being a 360 fanboy cheapest and not you lol.[/QUOTE]

huh? that doesnt even make sense. to paraphrase what i said: (in a convenient bullet-format! yay!)

-ps3 cost more than the wii/360arcade alternatives (fact);
-an uninformed person who doesnt know much about games will get the cheapest, most hyped product (fact);
-everyone who really wanted a ps3 and was waiting for a price drop, bought it. it did in fact go from 600 to 300. (fact);
-people with 360s who arent diehard sony fans: even if they want to play some ps3 games, it is obvious the ps3 overlaps probably 80-90% what the 360 already does (fact);
-there are less than a dozen GOOD exclusives worth mentioning for the ps3 (and vice versa, hence the redundancy in the consoles)(fact);
-Bluray players are 100$. $100

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys, can we talk the console debates somewhere/anywhere else? Trade-in Value thread, not console pricing/marketing strategies.

[quote name='postulio']huh? that doesnt even make sense. to paraphrase what i said: (in a convenient bullet-format! yay!)

-ps3 cost more than the wii/360arcade alternatives (fact);
-an uninformed person who doesnt know much about games will get the cheapest, most hyped product (fact);
-everyone who really wanted a ps3 and was waiting for a price drop, bought it. it did in fact go from 600 to 300. (fact);
-people with 360s who arent diehard sony fans: even if they want to play some ps3 games, it is obvious the ps3 overlaps probably 80-90% what the 360 already does (fact);
-there are less than a dozen GOOD exclusives worth mentioning for the ps3 (and vice versa, hence the redundancy in the consoles)(fact);
-Bluray players are 100$. $100

[quote name='Doomtime']Gamestop that bad boy. It's only selling for around $20 on ebay, and that's if you're lucky.[/QUOTE]

yeah, thanks. to gamestop i go! will post all my values in about 30 minutes.

[quote name='el swordo']is that good? i love playing shooters on 360 because of the controller but i want to play bad company 2 with a friend on ps3[/QUOTE]
[quote name='confoosious']oh i have one. I'm just saying if i started out with nothing.

But thanks for the heads up on that controller. I hate the PS3 controller with a passion.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty good controller with a rubberized body to it and it does have a Home button on it that does take it into the XMB. Unfortunately, when I had my Shadow controller, I think I was getting interference from my cordless phone and my wireless internet signal in the same room as the PS3.

There's also the Rocketfish controller for the PS3, but that has the standard setup like on the SA/DS3. However, the good thing about that one is that it's Bluetooth enabled and doesn't rely on the usual wireless signal/dongle setup like the Shadow one from dreamGEAR.

[quote name='postulio']yeah, thanks. to gamestop i go! will post all my values in about 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

and im back

Wii Play - 5.00

PSP
50 cent bulletproof - 2.00
Field Commander - 1.25
Gangs of London - 1.25

Chromehounds - 1.25 (honestly i feel like i ripped GS off selling it to them LOL)
Assassin's Creed - 5.00
Simpsons - 7.00
Saint's Row - 2.50

Gamecube
Soul Calibur II - 2.50
Mystic Heroes - 0.65

DS
Mario Kart - 10.00

total after buying an edge card and the 50% promotion:
$46.41

a bit disappointing, but now i have a GI subscription... and i never ever will play any of these games again. the couple dollars extra i couldve gotten from ebay here or there wouldnt make it worth the hassle.

Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) holds its value for 2/25. Nearly $10 after bonus on a nine year old game...damn.

How in the world does MK sell so well? I've gotten $41 between the GBA and DS versions alone.

Base prices from today:

Modern Warfare 2 (360): $18
Ninja Gaiden Sigma: $5.75
Scribblenauts: $9.75
Warhawk: $3.75
Heavenly Sword: $7
Star Wars: TFU (Original Edition, 360): $5
Super Mario Galaxy: $15

Total with Promo and Edge Bonus: $102.01

From today
Ps3
Darksiders-22.50
Xbox 360 system w/wireless cont-90.00
Bought a new Dsi to get the +30 on the new hardware deal, will have my wife return it with the gift receipt later as we already have a dsi but I wanted the +30 lol.

Alright, heres mine from 2/24:
:360: 360

Mass Effect $9
GTAIV %4
Batman: Arkham Asylum $15
Battlefield:Bad Company $7

:wii: Wii
NiGHTS $3
Transformers: The Game $6
The Conduit $6
Blast Works $1
Wii Play (Game Only) $5

:ds: DS
Dementium: The Ward $2
Zelda: Spirit Tracks $20
Cooking Mama $8
Nintendogs: Chihuahua $4.25
Scribblenauts $9.75
StarFox Command $1.50
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble $1

And Today, 2/25

:360: 360
Bionic Commando $2.75
Harry Potter - Half-Blood Prince $8
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames $3.25

:wii: Wii
Sonic & Secret Rings $5

:ds: DS
Nacy Drew & the Clue Bender Society $3

Overall, I got around $180. Not bad for me.

Wait, is Mario Kart DS another flippable game?

Gamestop.com sells it new for $34.99, so I'd assume used would be $29.99.

So a used copy w/ Edge + tax equates to around $29.XX.

The game trades in for $20 base + 60% bonus = $32.

A whole whopping $2.XX profit, if I'm doing it right?

EDIT : Nevermind, base value dropped to $10.

[quote name='blissskr']From today
Ps3
Darksiders-22.50
Xbox 360 system w/wireless cont-90.00
Bought a new Dsi to get the +30 on the new hardware deal, will have my wife return it with the gift receipt later as we already have a dsi but I wanted the +30 lol.[/QUOTE]

Crap. I guess Darksiders is on the way down in TIV again. I really should've got my ass out yesterday and dumped it, since I doubt I'm going to finish it before the value is total garbage again.

Traded in:

Mass Effect - $10.75
Ghostbusters - $6
Left 4 Dead 2 - $29.75

With 50% I got $68.59

Awesome considering I bought ME for $10 and L4D2 for $35. Bought Heavy Rain and Pre-ordered The Show '10. Now all I need is a PS3. :whistle2:D Trying to eBay a cheap PS3 since I'll be using it just for BD and some PS3 exclusives namely Heavy Rain and The Show. Supposed to be getting ME2 in soon. Hopefully I can beat in by this weekend and trade it (barring I don't see a need to play it anymore) in for credit towards The Show.

[quote name='major morgan']Did you trade in NCAA Basketball 2k3? If so, you got ripped off badly on that because of it's rarity. It goes for $30+ on eBay. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Actually, looking on eBay shows no one's really putting the game up for auction, let alone bidding on them. The only ones up for the Cube on eBay are from crazy sellers listing insane prices.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I would certainly hope that you aren't placing MGS4 in that same category. ;)[/QUOTE]
It'd be unfair to do so.

After all, MGS4 is a movie. 8D

I noticed that some of the prices were a bit off.
I don't know if this is for all Game Stop locations or just my area, but the following the base price a few games that I sold today (Feb 25, 2010).

PS2
Kingdom Hearts - $2.50
Okami - $4.25

Suikoden Tactics - $ .95

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy - $7.50

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Crap. I guess Darksiders is on the way down in TIV again. I really should've got my ass out yesterday and dumped it, since I doubt I'm going to finish it before the value is total garbage again.[/QUOTE]

so your going to trade a game you didn't beat in because its trade vaule went down. your a moron beat the game by saturday and you be fine its not that long 10 hours tops plus i am sure your about 3 hrs in already. just dumb.

i got darsiders for 33 so at 22.50 i am still making money on it will have it beat by firday afternoon.

I just got back:

Fight Night 4 - PS3 - $7
Super Mario Galaxy - Wii - $15
Saw - 360 - $10.75
L4D - 360 - $6.25
Twisted Metal Black - PS2 - $1.75
Enter The Matrix - PS2 - $0.80

After edge and promo - $66.49

Picked up Heavy Rain and Preordered GOW3 with the 6.50 left.

[quote name='Dendaman']Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) holds its value for 2/25. Nearly $10 after bonus on a nine year old game...damn.

How in the world does MK sell so well? I've gotten $41 between the GBA and DS versions alone.[/QUOTE]

Because to this day it still one of the best DS games out there.

DS games sell very well, and I would assume that in a day or two that Mario Kart you traded in will be sold.

Now I don't understand how GS could give $30 dollars in credit for MK DS yesterday, but $20 I fully understand because it will sell at 30(27 with edge) very quickly.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Crap. I guess Darksiders is on the way down in TIV again. I really should've got my ass out yesterday and dumped it, since I doubt I'm going to finish it before the value is total garbage again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I should have traded it yesterday too lol.

[quote name='krizax21']so your going to trade a game you didn't beat in because its trade vaule went down. your a moron beat the game by saturday and you be fine its not that long 10 hours tops plus i am sure your about 3 hrs in already. just dumb.

i got darsiders for 33 so at 22.50 i am still making money on it will have it beat by firday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was going to trade it in because it's aggravating the crap out of me and I'm towards the end of the game(Dark Throne), but it's just pissing me off to no end with these ridiculously long puzzles anymore.

Darksiders was one of the few games this gen that I actually paid MSRP for.:cry: It was an ok game, up till the point I'm at now.

[quote name='Morgoth12']That is a lot of work for basically saving $13. So spend $51.99 (I subtracted the $8 he made from the original ME2) + $35.00. So he saved $5.00 off the ME2 he originally got and $8.00 on the cost of Heavy Rain and somehow this amazes you? Seems like a lot of work when you could have just waited for Heavy Rain to drop in price or get it on sale in a few weeks from Amazon and saved all the hassle.[/QUOTE]

The work was minimal, since he explained to the GS employee what he wanted to do, and it was done in back to back transactions. Didn't say it amazed me. More amusing than anything else.

Good thing is I get to borrow Heavy Rain once he's done, though from what I've read, it seems to have a decent amount of replayability, so it might be a while.

Thanks for doing the math though. Still fuzzy to me.
Debits:
$40 ME2 (his original purchase price)
$35 ME2 (used)
$65.xx HR (new)

Credits:
$48 ME2

40+35+65 = 140 - 48 = 92.

$92 total for 2 games, 1 just released and highly anticipated (for him), and 1 that retails for $60 but can be had for, like you said, $51.99.

65 + 65 = 130 (full retail)
65 + 52 = 117 (full retail HR + amazon ME2)
65 + 35 = 100 (full retail HR + his final ME price)

So he saved... $8? Or $25? Surely not $38.. that's only if you count his original $20 discount off ME2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I was going to trade it in because it's aggravating the crap out of me and I'm towards the end of the game(Dark Throne), but it's just pissing me off to no end with these ridiculously long puzzles anymore.

Darksiders was one of the few games this gen that I actually paid MSRP for.:cry: It was an ok game, up till the point I'm at now.[/QUOTE]

ok understandable the puzzles are long but thats a good thing if they were short and super easy then whats the point.

still think you should try to beat it. i thought it was a good game so far. and paying full price sucks. i only do that for great games like cod or gow or ME RE stuff like that

oh sorry if i came off rude before happy trading

It's a shame they don't accept old X-Box games; I've still got a few lying around, and my 360 Arcade [with HDD] doesn't accept original X-Box games.

By the way, if I may be so rude, can I ask if anyone has gotten any clues as to when the next B2G1FREE will be?

My EDGE expires in April; Gotta get those last-minute games in.

[quote name='krizax21']ok understandable the puzzles are long but thats a good thing if they were short and super easy then whats the point.

still think you should try to beat it. i thought it was a good game so far. and paying full price sucks. i only do that for great games like cod or gow or ME RE stuff like that

oh sorry if i came off rude before happy trading[/QUOTE]

That's quite alright. I'm glad to finally see someone else on here who doesn't pull a punch. It's refreshing compared to the usual.:D

But judging by the Gamefaqs FAQ I'm looking at for the game, I have quite a bit of 'endgame' to go.:cry: Thus far I've enjoyed the game for the most part and even though I did pay MSRP, it was all in cheap credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back