GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hobbie8046']Why...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bioshock-Limite...Games_Games?hash=item230584eebd#ht_500wt_1182[/QUOTE]
As I said, I kept everything BUT the game. It was just the game and the DVD case. Nothing else. Kept all the extras and what not. Like hell I was going to give them the OST CD, behind the scenes DVD, cardboard box and what not.

[quote name='hobbie8046']If you traded in the whole kit, you got ripped off. Should have gotten an extra tree-fitty for the battery pack.[/QUOTE]
Should have clarified. It was just the cable I traded in that was part of the kit. My mistake.

Base TiV 2-26-10

360 - Lego Indiana Jones 2 - $15
360 - Kung Fu Panda - 0.35
DS - Legendary Starfy - $15
DS - Cate West - $3
DS - Trace Memory - $1
DS - Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $6
DS - Mystery P.I. - $3.75
DS - Flash Focus - $1.50

[quote name='Invin']Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) - $18

Got $28.80 with promotion and edge :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll go with the 34.50 at amazon than

[quote name='Doomtime']It's in the OP homie g.[/QUOTE]

coolio. sorry for littering.

edit: actually i must be blind cause i dont sees it.

[quote name='postulio']coolio. sorry for littering.

edit: actually i must be blind cause i dont sees it.[/QUOTE]
Wii
System - $100 (2/24/10)

PSP
Phat Model 1000 - $35 (1/12/10)

[quote name='postulio']coolio. sorry for littering.

edit: actually i must be blind cause i dont sees it.[/QUOTE]

I think you are

Hardware
System - $100
(2/24/10)

Hardware:
Phat Model 1000 - $35 (1/12/10)

[quote name='jp0213']So tempted to post youtube video of the opening of Kenan & Kel. Has Coolio, probably when he needed money.[/QUOTE]

There was only a window of a minute or two when he didn't need money. How long do you think it took him to blow the profits from Gangsta's Paradise?

2/26 Trade aftermath (with no edge card or 50% bonus)

Dragon Age Origins Xbox 360 - $17.00
Tiger Woods 2010 Xbox 360 - $15.00
Tiger Woods 2010 Wii - $18.25
Smarty Pants Wii - $5.00
Trivial Pursuit Wii - 6.00

Total with 50% bonus and no edge card - 91.87

Not to bad for games I no longer play.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There was only a window of a minute or two when he didn't need money. How long do you think it took him to blow the profits from Gangsta's Paradise?[/QUOTE]
lol yea really.

That being said, Coolio was for real but just not the best rapper, something like an Ice-T. He's made his money stretch and has managed to survive too. I don't know WHY they'd have COOLIO for a Nickelodeon Kids' show, it was like the downfall of Nickelodeon. I like Coolio, but not on Nickelodeon. I doubt any of you care anyway.

Quick question, does GameStop take in trade ins on games without cases? I just bought a PS3 with 3 games without cases and I want to flip them since I wont play them.

[quote name='tsl141']Quick question, does GameStop take in trade ins on games without cases? I just bought a PS3 with 3 games without cases and I want to flip them since I wont play them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. Some stores and/or employees try to charge refurb fees on incomplete games, though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']contemplating getting my DS Lite traded in towards an XL... would that work right now with the bonus?[/QUOTE]

I believe someone earlier said they pre-ordered a PS3 since they didn't have any in stock and got the $30 bonus. So it should work. I wish I had a system to trade in for a PS3, but PS3's are running limited right now and I just bought one for $200 on eBay.

I remember when I dropped $600 on a 60 GB. Damn... The price to be an early adopter.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, they do. Some stores and/or employees try to charge refurb fees on incomplete games, though.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks! Hopefully the refurb fees are too much. Not like it matters too much anyways. The games are Fifa 09, NCAA Football 09, and GTAIV. I'd just like to get as much as I can for them. I'd probably get less on eBay since they're incomplete.

My bro sold his psp go with ten games on it, it sucks that he can't get credit for any of the games he bought for it. Ahh the price of owning a go

Damn it! I'm trying to figure out the damage to Bayonetta on PS3, but they won't tell me over the phone. One employee told me it's more than $16, and another "guessed" it was $20.

[quote name='Invin']Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) - $18

Got $28.80 with promotion and edge :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Ya my buddy just traded his in yesterday and got the same amount.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']most stores aren't giving out TiV over the phone, especially with deals like this[/QUOTE]
I would call and tell them if they are taking preorders (of course they are) for game X and you need TIV. They will probably do 2 or 3 (max)....I used to call several stores if I had several games I wanted to look up.

Just brought some games in -

Xbox 360
Soldier of Fortune: Payback - 2.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla - 4.00
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - 4.00
Halo 3 - 5.00
Fable 2 - 5.00
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - 3.25
Project Gotham Racing 4 - 2.50
LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga - 8.00
Battlefield Bad Company: Gold Edition - 4.25
Dead or Alive 4 - 2.50
Gears of War 2 - 5.00
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 5.00

PS2
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - 3.50

Total with promo and edge card - $86.38

A little sad I only got that much for so many games. Thankfully I only paid $10 for most. I noticed that prices people were putting up only a couple days ago were different for me. I'm wondering if they're changing prices based on how many of a certain game they're receiving.

Oh, I've already submitted the different values to the trade-in tracker. :)

ok as of 12/26 i just trade these in.

all base tiv

xbox360
kane & lynch 5.00
bioshock 2 25.00
mass effect 10.75
fallout 3 6.25
64mb memory card 3.00

ds
planet puzzle league 2.00
simpsons 3.25

overall with 50% and edge card = 86.89

not bad upset about fallout 3 vaule but got my good vaule out of bioshock and mass effect. i paid 9.99 for it so i made 7 bucks on that bad boy.

when i beat darksiders this weekend i trade that in hopefully it holds at 23.00

[quote name='ryne candy']I would call and tell them if they are taking preorders (of course they are) for game X and you need TIV. They will probably do 2 or 3 (max)....I used to call several stores if I had several games I wanted to look up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, YMMV. Some employees won't do it, and some will. And a lot will depend on how busy the store is, and how many people are working. In the end, it's definitely worth a shot, right? Worst that happens is they don't do it.

[quote name='KingofGames']Wtf? Did Mass Effect go up in value? Silly Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

reminds me of when cod5 came out cod4 raised in value

[quote name='mkernan']Left 4 Dead 2 held it's $29.75 value today.[/QUOTE]

thanks well off to trade some games in will post base values when i return

Question for all the Gamestop mechination experts:

If I trade in a few games and get some trade credit on my Edge card, will I be alble to use that credit in an online purchase?

I'd like to trade in some games to make use of the extra %50 credit, and then use the credit to pre-order Monster Hunter Wii bundle online to gain the 500 Wii points and make use of the online cuopons. I called my local GS to see if the guys there knew if this would work, and they had no idea.

Cheers!

Pre bonus
Mass effect 2 - 35
Post bonuses it rang as 57.50 for some reason (sounds wrong)

Plan on rebuying 3-4 months from now at 30ish or at a b2g1 used to play all the dlc in one shot (i already registered my new copy cerebus card).

Sweet deal

[quote name='Klipt']Question for all the Gamestop mechination experts:

If I trade in a few games and get some trade credit on my Edge card, will I be alble to use that credit in an online purchase?

I'd like to trade in some games to make use of the extra %50 credit, and then use the credit to pre-order Monster Hunter Wii bundle online to gain the 500 Wii points and make use of the online cuopons. I called my local GS to see if the guys there knew if this would work, and they had no idea.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can. I do it all the time.

[quote name='Bhhawks78']Pre bonus
Mass effect 2 - 35
Post bonuses it rang as 57.50 for some reason (sounds wrong)

Plan on rebuying 3-4 months from now at 30ish or at a b2g1 used to play all the dlc in one shot (i already registered my new copy cerebus card).

Sweet deal[/QUOTE]
Sounds like your store hasn't gotten the TIV updates.

[quote name='advanced']Yeah, you can. I do it all the time.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply! Guess it's finally time to renew the old Edge card. I wonder if it will take some time after getting a new Edge card before I'll be able to use it in their online system.

Do you guys think its worth it to trade in greatest hits drakes fortune #1 and mass effect to get a total of $25.50 towards god of war 3?

3 things:

1) The guy asking about using an Edge card online.... when I use mine online I get charged tax, but when I pay in-store, I don't get charged tax (in TX). Seems kinda odd since I live 20 minutes from GS headquarters, but just something to keep in mind.

2) To those who may be pre-ordered God of War 3.... they actually moved the release date *up*. I think it was like 4/1 but now its in stores 3/16.

3) Here are my base TIVs from today:

360:

Left 4 Dead 2: $29.75

PS3:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: $15
Battlefield: Bad Company: $5.75

[quote name='mkernan']Left 4 Dead 2 held it's $29.75 value today.[/QUOTE]

I can also confirm this in Fenton, MO as I just traded it in there.

2/26

Ds
Dslite system - $45.00
Loz: Spirit Tracks - $14.00

I kind of screwed myself a little, I bought Spirit Tracks yesterday at Amazon for $25 and then I had a $10 credit I didn't really think I would ever use because I have so much GS credit. So I bought it from amazon for essentially $16 thinking the tiv would hold at $20. Owell it's not a huge loss.

I got the extra $30 on the Ds lite by buying a Dsi. Is it possible to return the Dsi and still get the $75 back or will there be a problem trying to do this? I really didn't want a Dsi but I just wanted the $75 tiv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back