GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in values as of 2/27/10

Wii
-----
Bee Movie - $4
Bully - $6
Dewey's Adventure - $3
Ghost Squad - $5.25
Godfather - $6
Madden 2008 - $6
MadWorld - $5
NCAA Football 09 - $4.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 - $4
Sega Superstars Tennis - $3
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - $7
Smash Brothers Brawl - $15
Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion - $4
Winter Sports: Ultimate Challenge - $6

Cube
------
Battalion Wars - $1
Billy Hatcher - $0.80
Bomberman - $0.75
Chibi-Robo - $1.25
Kirby Air Ride - $4.75
Pikmin - $1.75
Rampage - $1.50
Spyro: Hero's Tail - $1.50
SSX Tricky - $0.65
Star Fox Adventures - $2
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $2
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $0.90
Wario World - $2.25
Wave Race: Blue Storm - $0.70

After promo and edge - $160.87

[quote name='flagg1216']They actually can do it. Had you not referred to them as assholes and that you wanted to rip them off, I could of very easily told you how to go about getting them to do it. Would have been quick and easy. But....you'll have to figure it out on your own.[/QUOTE]

lol you mad?

its all gravy baby , ill just do the gift receipt thing.

Has anyone traded in 2 consoles and got the extra $30 bonus for both?

I have a PSP and an old non-hdmi 360 that I want to upgrade to a new arcade.

I've called the 2 stores around me and they said it would only apply to the one.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Has anyone traded in 2 consoles and got the extra $30 bonus for both?

I have a PSP and an old non-hdmi 360 that I want to upgrade to a new arcade.

I've called the 2 stores around me and they said it would only apply to the one.[/QUOTE]

Do the gift receipt thing.

I think someone reported success when the promo first started but if I remember correctly they had to do a manager override to do it. It was only automatic on the one console. I could be wrong though.

Updated lists and database.

"There's a lot of glare coming off that dome of yours, squirrel nuts!"

Okay, I gotta ask jp, what's with the quotes at the end of all of your posts? I don't get it. Is it like a joke, or something else. Not trying to be nosy, just curious.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Okay, I gotta ask jp, what's with the quotes at the end of all of your posts? I don't get it. Is it like a joke, or something else. Not trying to be nosy, just curious.[/QUOTE]

hes answered this here every 5-10 pages, at least.

he got bored posting 'updated list' and decided to put some movie quotes in his posts.

people have been enjoying them

[quote name='dabamus']Do the gift receipt thing.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean here.

If it needs to overridden by a manager, I believe i'm screwed.

[quote name='postulio']hes answered this here every 5-10 pages, at least.

he got bored posting 'updated list' and decided to put some movie quotes in his posts.

people have been enjoying them[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay! I thought some of them looked familiar!

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Not sure what you mean here.

If it needs to overridden by a manager, I believe i'm screwed.[/QUOTE]

Trade one in towards a DSi or something then buy the DSi or whatever and get a gift receipt. Then take it back an return it later and get the money on a giftcard. Then proceed to trade in the other console at a different store and use the giftcard for the rest of the difference.

I traded in 2 ds lites towards a dsi and got $30 extra for both. the manager wasn't sure it would work and surprised that it did. it rang up automatically for me.

[quote name='dabamus']Trade one in towards a DSi or something then buy the DSi or whatever and get a gift receipt. Then take it back an return it later and get the money on a giftcard. Then proceed to trade in the other console at a different store and use the giftcard for the rest of the difference.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thank you.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Okay, I gotta ask jp, what's with the quotes at the end of all of your posts? I don't get it. Is it like a joke, or something else. Not trying to be nosy, just curious.[/QUOTE]
I was getting bored of just using "Updated lists and database." as my tag for where I had list updated items from. To make it more fun for myself I started adding movie quotes to each of those posts.

[quote name='jp0213']Ouch, they jumped on that one quickly. Jeez.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the game is dropping soon in price across the board? Amazon has it as their Deal of the Day, so maybe it's not coincidence.

[quote name='labrat34']Just called GS for these TiV -
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes (Wii and 360) - $4 :([/QUOTE]

But FYE should be $10 and $11 respectively for the PS3($10) and 360/Wii($11) versions, if the TIV thing on Secondspin.com is still somewhat accurate to trade prices there. The $10 and $11 TIV's for FYE/Transworld are for CASH usually, add another 10-20% for credit value.

And spun.com gives $15.30 a copy for the Wii/360 versions, but they're as nitpicky as FYE/Transworld on condition.

Okay so I know this has been discussed at some level but I want some honest input from others on here and if there are any GS employees that would like to give input to this question through a PM that is fine too. I want to trade/sell my DSi and use the proceeds to buy/preorder a Dsi XL.

Current GS base trade in is $80 as of 2/27/2010 (jp can you update the date in the OP?)

I want to get the $30 towards a new system bonus, but I have already called and asked about trading the system directly towards the XL and they said it wouldn't work because it is not out yet.
Supposedly I was told the current promo is trade in DSi and get a Dsi XL for 99.99 (which would be only a $10 bonus over base value on the DSi trade based on 189.99 price for DSi XL)

Since there is no way I am going to give it up for only $90 TIV here are my other options.

Possibly get $120 after fees on eBay or sell on Craigslist with no fees for $120. (It is in very good condition and has Pictobits/Dr. Mario Downloaded to it)

Finally, what I would like to do is get 110 GS credit (using the $30 bonus) by doing the following and not trying hide what I want to do by doing the whole gift receipt thing.

I was thinking of trading the DSi towards a core PSP to get the 110 TIV (after $30 bonus) and pay the remaining $59.99 on the core with existing trade credit (169.99-110) then immediately returning the PSP (before leaving the store) and using the 169.99 towards a DSi XL preorder. If they let me do that (I don't see why not) I will end up getting the 110 I want for my DSi and only owe $20 on the DSi XL when I pick it up on March 28.

Basically I just want input on this idea and if you have a better idea please share. Also, sorry if my idea gave away the solution to this problem to the guy that was calling GS employees a-holes.

[quote name='z24buddy']Okay so I know this has been discussed at some level but I want some honest input from others on here and if there are any GS employees that would like to give input to this question through a PM that is fine too. I want to trade/sell my DSi and use the proceeds to buy/preorder a Dsi XL.

Current GS base trade in is $80 as of 2/27/2010 (jp can you update the date in the OP?)

I want to get the $30 towards a new system bonus, but I have already called and asked about trading the system directly towards the XL and they said it wouldn't work because it is not out yet.
Supposedly I was told the current promo is trade in DSi and get a Dsi XL for 99.99 (which would be only a $10 bonus over base value on the DSi trade based on 189.99 price for DSi XL)

Since there is no way I am going to give it up for only $90 TIV here are my other options.

Possibly get $120 after fees on eBay or sell on Craigslist with no fees for $120. (It is in very good condition and has Pictobits/Dr. Mario Downloaded to it)

Finally, what I would like to do is get 110 GS credit (using the $30 bonus) by doing the following and not trying hide what I want to do by doing the whole gift receipt thing.

I was thinking of trading the DSi towards a core PSP to get the 110 TIV (after $30 bonus) and pay the remaining $59.99 on the core with existing trade credit (169.99-110) then immediately returning the PSP (before leaving the store) and using the 169.99 towards a DSi XL preorder. If they let me do that (I don't see why not) I will end up getting the 110 I want for my DSi and only owe $20 on the DSi XL when I pick it up on March 28.

Basically I just want input on this idea and if you have a better idea please share. Also, sorry if my idea gave away the solution to this problem to the guy that was calling GS employees a-holes.[/QUOTE]

Chances are they will probably see through your return as just wanting the bonus to apply when it shouldn't if you just try to return it to the SAME store before leaving. But if you're like me and have a ton of GS stores by you, just take the core PSP to another one and return it.

As for 'hiding' what you're doing by using a gift receipt, how is that any different than what you want to do? They've already told you the bonus WON'T apply since the XL is a pre-order and it only applies to currently released hardware, so you're trying to skirt their trade promo rules but being only a bit less sneaky about it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Chances are they will probably see through your return as just wanting the bonus to apply when it shouldn't if you just try to return it to the SAME store before leaving. But if you're like me and have a ton of GS stores by you, just take the core PSP to another one and return it.

As for 'hiding' what you're doing by using a gift receipt, how is that any different than what you want to do? They've already told you the bonus WON'T apply since the XL is a pre-order and it only applies to currently released hardware, so you're trying to skirt their trade promo rules but being only a bit less sneaky about it.[/QUOTE]

Of course they would see through that. That is exactly my point. I don't feel it is being sneaky to do what I want to do (since I am still buying a new system from them) and that is why I want to try to work with them on this. Technically, the promo details/rules do not say anything about the bonus only applying to in-stock systems that are currently available (only that it needs to be a new system). The only reason it won't work directly is because of the way that the computer is set up. I imagine the difficulty has to do with the fact that the computer does the $30 bonus automatically when everything is on the one receipt and to actually "sell" a new system and get the promo to apply they need a serial number to scan.

Last edited by a moderator:
TiV As of 2/28/10

Bioshock(PS3) - 8.75
Fear 2(PS3) - 4.00
Fightnight Round 3(PS3) 3.50
Cod W@W(PS3) -10.00
Devil May Cry 4(PS3) - 6.50
FF:Crisis Core(PSP) -4.75

Total without promo and edge 37.50

Total with Promo 56.26, Total with Edge+Promo 60.01

Went ahead and fully paid for BC2, FF13, GoW3, and picked up Sonics All star Racing as a filler and damn is that one hell of a good mario kart clone. No sun for me this month lol.

[quote name='z24buddy']

Basically I just want input on this idea and if you have a better idea please share. Also, sorry if my idea gave away the solution to this problem to the guy that was calling GS employees a-holes.[/QUOTE]

Most likely unless you get an employee your on good terms with they won't allow you to do that even if you tell them up front so ymmv with your plan. I don't know why you think buying and getting a gift receipt is a big deal just return it to another GS say it was a gift and be sure to tell them you just want store credit as you actually want something else and they shouldn't care at all.

[quote name='z24buddy']

Put it on craigslist for $120 and accept $110
Take time to write a good ad and mention how much the DSI is with tax...
and make sure you take pictures.

Does anyone know if Gamestop is still accepting the Star Wars games for the $40 credit towards FFXIII? I know there have been times to where the TIVs dropped so low, stores stopped accepting them.

March 1st TIV's(Base):
Extermination(PS2): $0.50
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City(PS2) $2.00
Dance Dance Revolution Max 2(PS2) $1.00
Sega Superstars Tennis(360) $0.50
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony(PSP) $2.00
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories(PSP) $5.00

I passed on a complete, used DJ Hero, I figure I'll pick it up during the rumored B2G1 sale on the 13th.

Just wondering does anyone know how much a used DSI sells for at gamestop? I might pick one up with all my gamestop credit. I wouldn't mind getting a upgrade over my DS, even tho I haven't really played my DS lately.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Does anyone know if Gamestop is still accepting the Star Wars games for the $40 credit towards FFXIII? I know there have been times to where the TIVs dropped so low, stores stopped accepting them.[/QUOTE]

You could just call and ask.:D;) Or go to GS, pick up one of the flyers for the GOW3/FFXIII promo thing and if they argue it's no longer accepted, then argue back that it's still on the list.:D

[quote name='Denbo32']Just wondering does anyone know how much a used DSI sells for at gamestop? I might pick one up with all my gamestop credit. I wouldn't mind getting a upgrade over my DS, even tho I haven't really played my DS lately.[/QUOTE]

damn, you get a star...not! for being lazy...
check gamestop.com :roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You could just call and ask.:D;) Or go to GS, pick up one of the flyers for the GOW3/FFXIII promo thing and if they argue it's no longer accepted, then argue back that it's still on the list.:D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'll give them a call after I get out of class. XP I may end up trying the whole "it's still on the list" thing, but I doubt I could get it to work. :/ Worth a shot, though, I suppose.

[quote name='donut']damn, you get a star...not! for being lazy...
check gamestop.com :roll:[/QUOTE]

I did that already, I know it 169.99 for a new one. They don't sell a used one on Gamestop.com.

[quote name='Denbo32']I did that already, I know it 169.99 for a new one. They don't sell a used one on Gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

uh :drool: yes they do ...
now really go over to the site and see for yourself.:roll:

[quote name='Denbo32']I did that already, I know it 169.99 for a new one. They don't sell a used one on Gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

Call up your local store, though most likely $20 off MSRP.

[quote name='outkastx']I wanted to pose a question to everyone here - I traded in a bunch of DS games along with ME2. I found 2 complete copies of Zelda TPHG that are on special this week, so I grabbed them. When he rang me out, he put the Zelda games AND the ME2 I just traded in into the bag and handed to me.

Now, do you tell him and give it back? Or do you walk out of the store?[/QUOTE]

I consider myself and honest person and all, but it's GS we're talking about, so, enough said.

[quote name='linkmon']I consider myself and honest person and all, but it's GS we're talking about, so, enough said.[/QUOTE]

gamestop screws over so many people i would probably have also just walked out

I just tried to call a GS to find if the Star Wars Clone Wars game was removed from the GOW3 promo and they told me they wouldnt know until they rang up the trade/pre-order because the system raises the prices for the promos automatically.

[quote name='z24buddy']Okay so I know this has been discussed at some level but I want some honest input from others on here and if there are any GS employees that would like to give input to this question through a PM that is fine too. I want to trade/sell my DSi and use the proceeds to buy/preorder a Dsi XL.

You CAN get the $30 hardware bump for the DSI XL. There is a promo code for this exact situation where you trade in for an unreleased system. Its an EBC code, i dont know it off hand, but it shouldnt be an issue.

I am torn on what to do for GOW3. Do I try and trade-in SW:CWRH and IL*2 Sturmovik at Gamestop and pay the difference in the credit I have built up. Or do I use my $20.00 crdit from BF:BC2 and get it at Amazon for $37.00 cash with free release day shipping plus the $10.00 future gaming credit.

[quote name='guinaevere']Brutal legend 360 dropped to 4 tiv.[/QUOTE]

OUCH! That one REALLY hurts...I was hoping to beat it this week & trade it in, but there's no way I'm taking $4 for it. Also MGS4 trades in @ a $7 base TIV. So low for such an awesome game. Then again we are talking about GS here, so it's not too much of a surprise.

If I beat both games in the next week or so, I'll most likely ebay them. You'd probably get some lowballing toolbag on craigslist trying offer $10 for both. :roll:

TIV is still $29.75 pre-bonus/Edge for L4D2. I have successfully turned $45 into $95 credit at GS over the past two days. :D

when did that Buy Heavy Rain, get 25% off coupon expire? i was planning to buy a new copy of HR and a used copy of HR and return the new copy of HR so i could get a used copy of HR for like $35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back