GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in some more games -

Mass Effect 2 is indeed 34.50 Base

Eternal Darkness (Cube) - 4.00
King of Fighters XI (PS2) - 2.00
Shadow of Colossus (PS2) - 6.50

I had a feeling LFD2 would drop in value today since I was planning on trading in my copy tonight that I got for $40 a few months ago. Guess I'll hold onto it and hope the value goes back up. Tempted to trade in ME2 but that's one game I really would like to keep.

[quote name='Killbomb']I had a feeling LFD2 would drop in value today since I was planning on trading in my copy tonight that I got for $40 a few months ago. Guess I'll hold onto it and hope the value goes back up. Tempted to trade in ME2 but that's one game I really would like to keep.[/QUOTE]
you plan on playing it anytime soon? sell it for 54$ and wait for a price drop

[quote name='killer9']sell mass effect 2 4 54 then buy it back on gamestop.com for 37+tax profit[/QUOTE]

YES, just make sure you keep the middle plastic thing that holds the 2nd disk. The gamestop.com ME2 didn't come with one.

[quote name='GUNNM']you plan on playing it anytime soon? sell it for 54$ and wait for a price drop[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't clear in my original post. I paid $65 for it on release day so I'd be losing $11 trading it in. I'm sure I'll want to play it again at some point so rebuying would probably cost $19.99 at minimum if I waited for a while. Be nice to have some credit right now for something else but I would end up losing more than I want to in the long run.

Really wanted to get rid of LFD2 which I played once. I'll probably finish up my 1000/1000 on Dante's Inferno tonight and trade that tomorrow, thus ending up $20 ahead after the TRU glitch yesterday. :D

traded SW republic heroes on wii along with MK vs DC. 1st store didn't take it because they received an e-mail to not take any more of those, had no problems at the 2nd store down the street. It's pretty much YMMV at this point. I basically got FF 13 for $30 not so bad...

I have a story today about Game*Stop that will forever blow my mind....

OK, so today my boyfriend decided to return a couple games bought last week, reason being he found them elsewhere cheaper. So he proceeds to the front counter (keep in mind, 2 people are working, young female & male, neither are managers). Well he pulls out the receipt, hands the guy the games, Mitch told him, no BULLSHIT, they don't accept the return of new games :roll: he carefully explained it was not a trade-in, a return, but he was still denied it, so he went to Game*Stop #2, same thing, 2 people working (male & female, male is manager), he told her same story, she also denied the return, then asked Justin (the manager), he said, as long as their sealed, to do the return, so she did. :twisted:

So is this some new policy or just lazy employees, he plans on never shopping their again either.

3/3 TIV:

360:
Mass Effect 2 - $34.50
Hasbro Family Game Night - $15
Band Hero - $15
Need For Speed: SHIFT - $15

DS:
Zelda Phantom Hourglass - $6
Super Mario 64 DS - $7.50

[quote name='chatgirl4']I have a story today about Game*Stop that will forever blow my mind....

OK, so today my boyfriend decided to return a couple games bought last week, reason being he found them elsewhere cheaper. So he proceeds to the front counter (keep in mind, 2 people are working, young female & male, neither are managers). Well he pulls out the receipt, hands the guy the games, Mitch told him, no BULLSHIT, they don't accept the return of new games :roll: he carefully explained it was not a trade-in, a return, but he was still denied it, so he went to Game*Stop #2, same thing, 2 people working (male & female, male is manager), he told her same story, she also denied the return, then asked Justin (the manager), he said, as long as their sealed, to do the return, so she did. :twisted:

So is this some new policy or just lazy employees, he plans on never shopping their again either.[/QUOTE]
Any information on this? It's exactly the reason I bought a copy that I plan to return from Target instead of dealing with Gamestop on it.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Any information on this? It's exactly the reason I bought a copy that I plan to return from Target instead of dealing with Gamestop on it.[/QUOTE]

I am sure that is just stupid employees being lazy or messing with customer. Their is no way a company in this day and age not to take returns on new items. I have returned about 14 new games to gamstop in the last couple weeks with their heavy rain and bioshock promotions.

Traded in Mass Effect 2 and asked about some other stuff:

360:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $25
Lips #1 Hits - $9
Mass Effect 2 - $34.50
Wireless Microphone - $3.50

PS3:

MAG - $18

Platinum on DI isn't that hard. I just missed the last guide at the end near the ice bridge and had to replay the whole game just to get 'the guide' argh

My gamestop experience was awesome as the clerk helped me a bunch. He wanted me to sign up for the EDGE Card but I am like no I don't need it. But then he's like we got a used Heavy Rain and its basically new. I signed up for the EDGE Card got $5 off the used copy making it $50.00.

I traded in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (360) for $42.81
Assassin's Creed (360) for $8.00
Half-Life 2 Orange Box (360) for $8.00
Guitar Hero 2 (360) for $2.40
TOTAL IS $62.21

With this money I brought Heavy Rain for $3.00 because the guy had a used copy and I am like what the heck its practically new so I took it. Did I get ripped off or was it a good deal?

[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database.

"Taylor, it's not your job to make excuses. That's all you guys do good! It's either a *leg* thing or a *spiritual* thing, or a *psychological* thing, or a *heart attack*!"[/QUOTE]

Good quote here. I love Major League 2. :D

"You have no... Marbles! You have no Marbles!" :rofl:

PRE-OWNED games are getting stickered WHITE now instead of the traditional YELLOW. This was a grudge I had @ Play N' Trade, not being able to differentiate used from the new. So the only difference to the stickers is one will have,
>>> NEW Pre-Owned

[quote name='Nemesis135n']My gamestop experience was awesome as the clerk helped me a bunch. He wanted me to sign up for the EDGE Card but I am like no I don't need it. But then he's like we got a used Heavy Rain and its basically new. I signed up for the EDGE Card got $5 off the used copy making it $50.00.

I traded in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (360) for $42.81
Assassin's Creed (360) for $8.00
Half-Life 2 Orange Box (360) for $8.00
Guitar Hero 2 (360) for $2.40
TOTAL IS $62.21

With this money I brought Heavy Rain for $3.00 because the guy had a used copy and I am like what the heck its practically new so I took it. Did I get ripped off or was it a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Decent deal if you wanted the game. Certainly didn't get ripped off in my mind. Start getting ripped off when you trade in a recently released game with no trade in promotions to buy gutted new copies.

No real incentive to buy it new if you didn't pre order it. Seeing that the DLC they were offering was only for pre orders.

Edge card pays it self off pretty quick if you trade in a decent amount or buy used more than a few times a year. Figure just today you got around 4 more in credit on the trade ins and 5 off a game you wanted.

Decent literature to read while on the pot too.

[quote name='ttonylema']I am sure that is just stupid employees being lazy or messing with customer. Their is no way a company in this day and age not to take returns on new items. I have returned about 14 new games to gamstop in the last couple weeks with their heavy rain and bioshock promotions.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, it clearly says on the receipt that you can return unopened merchandise for a refund. Just sounds like the employees being douches.

Just got my 1000/1000 and traded in :360: Dante's Inferno for $25 base and $40 after bonus+Edge. Had them scan LFD2 to verify the TIV and it's still $14.50 or so base. :360: The Saboteur is down to I believe $9.75 base. Only saw what it was with bonus ($14.63) and the guy didn't tell me the exact base since I chose to keep both LFD2 and The Saboteur for now.

[quote name='yabanjin']Traded in Mass Effect 2 and asked about some other stuff:

360:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $25
Lips #1 Hits - $9
Mass Effect 2 - $34.50
Wireless Microphone - $3.50

PS3:

MAG - $18[/QUOTE]you traded in bf2 already?

3/3/10

MLB the Show 09 (PS3) 6.50/10.40 with edge and promo

I was pretty satisfied with that considering that I got it for 33 during a B2G1 last year right after it came out.

Updated lists and database.

"Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad."

Side note, it's very bad to steal jp's tequila.

I preordered god of war 3 for :lol: 21.xx. I traded my two star wars (1 xbox, 1 wii) from bbv. I feel good now. On the receipt they gave me extra 10 % using my edge card. I have a feeling that those two aren't going to be on the list when the final fantasy comes out. The cashier had to call the corporate to ask if my two games are on the list and they said they're updating it. So I"m not sure which one will be remove but I'm pretty sure my game will. Just a heads up.

Is buying ME2 for $30 and selling it for $55 worth a 1 hour drive each way? :p (plus hitting up BBs and stuff on the way)

(*New) Base TIVs:

Mass Effect 2 (360) - 34.50
*Mirror's Edge (360) - 5.50 (WAS 4.75)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) - 5.00
Rhythm Heaven (DS) - 13.25
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (DS) - 6.00

TIVs with EDGE

ME2 - 55.20
ME - 8.80
NG2 - 8.00
RH - 21.19
GTA:CW - 9.60

102.79 :cool:

[quote name='dabamus']Is buying ME2 for $30 and selling it for $55 worth a 1 hour drive each way? :p (plus hitting up BBs and stuff on the way)[/QUOTE]

1 hr drive? jeez having GS so far away is so odd. i literally have 7 that are within a 20 minute drive. 3 more in 45 min.

but to answer your question...idk it really depends on how much the credit is worth to you.

[quote name='xfade']PRE-OWNED games are getting stickered WHITE now instead of the traditional YELLOW. This was a grudge I had @ Play N' Trade, not being able to differentiate used from the new. So the only difference to the stickers is one will have,
>>> NEW Pre-Owned

[quote name='y2jasper']1 hr drive? jeez having GS so far away is so odd. i literally have 7 that are within a 20 minute drive. 3 more in 45 min.

but to answer your question...idk it really depends on how much the credit is worth to you.[/QUOTE]

No. That would be to buy it off Craigslist. I have a GS at home 5 minutes away. :p

I would also have the opporunity to possibly get some penny guides at BB on the way there if they left them out. :D

Anyone who quotes Major League is alright in my book.

:360: Modern Warfare 2 - $26.75 base

Anyone have a receipt total on what that works out to with Edge/50% bonus? I'm trying to round up things here to trade in.

So Gamestop really gives you shit if you have a refurb console? I have an extremely loud refurbished 360 that I want to get rid of as part of the +30 for a new console promo. That really sucks.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone who quotes Major League is alright in my book.

Anyone have a receipt total on what that works out to with Edge/50% bonus? I'm trying to round up things here to trade in.[/QUOTE]

$26.75 x 1.6 = total after Edge/50.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone who quotes Major League is alright in my book.

Anyone have a receipt total on what that works out to with Edge/50% bonus? I'm trying to round up things here to trade in.[/QUOTE]
i dont have a receipt but my calculator says 42.80

Took em almost an hour to go through em all... and they were busy as hell. :)

Gamecube
Super Smash Brothers Melee 4.00
Resident Evil Zero 3.00
Resident Evil 4 4.00
Resident Evil 2.75
Metroid Prime 0.75

PS2

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood 1.25
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence 1.50
Ace Combat 4 2.00
Ace Combat 5 3.00
Kingdom Hearts 2.50
NBA Street 0.60
Splinter Cell 0.90
Devil May Cry 1.25
Devil May Cry 2 1.50
Devil May Cry 3 2.00
24 The Game 1.00
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 0.90
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix 4.50
Samurai Warriors 2 2.00
ESPN Major League Baseball 0.20
Killzone 4.75
Final Fantasy X 5.00
God of War 2.00
God of War 2 5.00
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance 1.00
Metal Gear Solid 3 2.00
Resident Evil Code Veronica X 0.70
007 Everything or Nothing 1.00
007 Nightfire 1.50
007 Agent Under Fire 1.00
World Championship Poker 0.30
Lord of the Rings Return of the King 1.50
GTA Vice City 2.00
GTA 3 1.50
Drakenguard 2 0.55
FF7 Dirge of Cerberus 4.50
FF12 3.75
Gran Turismo 3 0.40

PS3
Modern Warfare 2 26.75

[quote name='NLMagic']Took em almost an hour to go through em all... and they were busy as hell. :) [/QUOTE]

Wow how much was your total trade in credit after then bonus + edge?

Quick question. I just placed an order using a Gift card (from a Trade-in) for the first time at GS. The page initially said the right amount of $12 (after a $41GC) but the email confirmation shows the full amount (around $53), and doesn't include any giftcard deduction. Is this normal?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Quick question. I just placed an order using a Gift card (from a Trade-in) for the first time at GS. The page initially said the right amount of $12 (after a $41GC) but the email confirmation shows the full amount (around $53), and doesn't include any giftcard deduction. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back