GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base TIV for 3/6 (All 360):

GRAW - $1
GRAW 2 - $3.25
Orange Box - $5
Lost Planet (original) - $1.75
Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 - $2.50
NCAA Football 07 - $0.60
PGR3 - $0.65
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $5
Wireless Controller - $14

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bassturd']Are you quoting the 50% extra you got for each game or the total amount you got for each game? Because if you only got 5 bucks for UFC Undispusted 2009 (I assume you meant that and not UFC Unleashed) then I'm not gonna trade in my copy. That's ridiculous. This site has it listed as getting 12.50 for it plus the 50% extra and I was gonna do it.

I wanted to trade in Heavy Rain and UFC Undisputed and get Yakuza 3 for free. Guess it won't happen. Heavy Rain you only get 25 bucks for from Gamestop...ridiculous considering it is only 2 weeks old.

I have a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 on 360 that I want to get rid of. Problem is, like an idiot, I moved my 360 when it was in the console (completely absent-minded moment) and it left a circular scratch all around the disk. I buffed out the scratch the best I could and the game plays fine now but I assume I would have trouble trading it in with a scratch like that. Has anyone attempted to trade-in a game with a bad scratch like that? The game works. I installed it to my hard-drive and can play it.[/QUOTE]

i cant tell you my copy of UFC Undisputed ps3 version got me $15 on 2/23. i believe it has to be a typo because i can't believe that it would drop $10 in trade value so quickly

Got 66.01 after the extra 50% plus edge card on trade from:

Mass Effect 10.50 (16.80)
NCAA Football 10 16.75 (26.81)
Fable 2 Platinum 9.00 (14.40)
Fable 2 5.00 (8.00)

Not too bad since those are the first games I have ever traded in. Wanted Heavy Rain and still have a couple bucks left in credit.

[quote name='bigant262']Wow, that guy sounds like a total douche. Does that console connect to live? If so, I'd say call a manager and tell them. As long as it works they should take it.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does - I have been a gold member about 6 months now. It works absolutely fine - the only thing is the "Ugly Gamer" sticker under the faceplate where the microsoft sticker normally would be. I'm going to try a different town tomorrow I think.

[quote name='n8littlefield']Yes it does - I have been a gold member about 6 months now. It works absolutely fine - the only thing is the "Ugly Gamer" sticker under the faceplate where the microsoft sticker normally would be. I'm going to try a different town tomorrow I think.[/QUOTE]

Ok, if thats a no go, try toys r us. I don't know how much you will get just bring a controller, system and the cable it comes with. Don't know how much you will get for it though

[quote name='JJSP']UFC is only $20 new now, so the $5 TIV sounds about right. New MSRP went into effect yesterday.[/QUOTE]

whoa. looks like i sold it just in time

do a google search to find out how much it trades for, I'm sure you'll find it.

Does EDGE cards give an extra 10% credit for trading accessories too?
Trying to decide if it's worth upgrading.

Also, when will Gamestop have the new bundles?

[quote name='donut']Same price used at BlockBuster...[/QUOTE]

Cool.

[quote name='n8littlefield']Odd question - I decided to get rid of my non-HDMI console and trade in for an Elite. I figured $130 for a 120gig HD wasn't worth it when I could just trade my old system in and pay $180ish total for a new Elite. However, the GS employee asked a bunch of questions, popped off my faceplate and told me since it was a 3rd party refurb (I bought it off Craigslist so that's entirely possible) that they wouldn't take it at all. Is that a common test for Gamestop or could I try a different location for better luck? Anyone know what TRU offers for hardware?[/QUOTE]

That's definitely a normal procedure at GameStop. Not all employees do it, but they are suppose to make sure the machine has not been opened by anyone but Microsoft. For all they know, you could have popped it open and screwed around, or the third-party who refurbed it might have done a crap job.

A few base TIV for 3/6:

iconxbox360.gif
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - $21.50
iconwii.gif
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $6.50
iconwii.gif
Super Mario Galaxy - $15.00
iconps3.gif
inFamous -$10
iconps3.gif
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $11.00

Accessory base TiVs from today (3/6):

:ps2:
3rd Party Controller - $3.00
Wired Headset - $2.00
Wired Microphone - $2.75

:360:
Wired Headset - $6.25

The microphones were actually from 360 products but I didn't realize until after I'd left the store that she had credited them as PS2 microphones. I know they're exactly the same thing but I don't know if GS credits them differently. The OP is showing multiple mic listings by system and sometimes game with different TiVs for each but they all have different dates as well. Based on the most recent TiV listings for current gen system mics I wasn't shorted enough for it to bother me either way. But I thought it worth mentioning and something anyone else trading in mics might want to watch out for if they are credited differently.

BASE (I traded these last night)

Nintendo DS

Phoenix Wright: Justice For All - $2.75

PSP

Final Fantasy I - $5.50
Final Fantasy II - $5.75
Final Fantasy Tactics - $4.50
Madden NFL 10 - $15.00

Xbox 360

Bulletwitch - $2.00
NCAA Football 2010 - $16.75
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $5.00
Orange Box - $5.00
Soul Calibur IV - $5.00

[quote name='dragonjud']I never heard of that. Sounds like a douche move.
I'd just go to another store. If anybody asks questions, you can just say you're selling your system and looking to upgrade. Why do you feel the need to tell your life story to a GS employee?[/QUOTE]

It is STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE to remove faceplates. If the seal is not an official M$ one or GS, they can not take it in. Most stores however do not do that.

Different Gamestop took my console w no issues. They even complimented how quiet it was for a launch console. Got an Elite for 180 out of pocket as oppose to 130 for just the harddrive! They wouldnt take my wired headset though so I've got an extra now. Can't wait to hook it up later!

These are from 3/6, base trade in prices, all PS3
COD MW2 $22
GHWT $2.50
Darksiders $21.75
Dead Space $6.00
BioShock $8.75
Sixaxsis controller $14.50

If it wasnt for the 50% bonus these were all gonna go to Amazon, total from GS was $113.57 and Amazon was gonna give me $84 and change. Paid off FF and GOW for $8 out of pocket. Nice deal for me.

question, if i trade in a phat psp i have to trade it in towards getting a new system to get the bonus? I wanted to trade it in with some psp and 360 games just to get a nice amount on trade in.

Base TIVs

:360: A/V Cable - $2.75
:360: Wired Controller - $10.00
:360: Wired Headset - $6.25
:360: (Universal) Ethernet Cable $0.65

TOTAL w/ Edge + Coupon (35%)

$26.52

I was going to trade in MW2, Borderlands, and UC2 but Amazon is killing Gamestop right now even with the 50% bonus, so looks like I'll be going that route instead.

UC2 is $38 on Amazon, $27 at Gamestop after 50%
Borderlands is $30 on Amazon, $26 at Gamestop after 50%
MW2 is $33 at Amazon, $33 at Gamestop after 50%

Those Amazon values are even better than ebay prices (after fees), and Amazon credit is as good as cash to me.

03/06

Wii AV Cables (standard/composite): $2
GameCube Wireless Controller: $6.25
360 Controller (Wireless): $14

All 360
Assassins Creed: $5
Assassins Creed 2: $15
GTA IV: $5.25
Fable 2: $5
Shaun White Snowboarding: $4
Dead Rising: $5
Sega Superstars/Arcade Comp: $1

then you've already made up your mind I suppose

I used a decent amount of credit on a used PSP and a 16gb memory card this weekend. It was nice to be able to physically check out the PSP before I made the purchase. Can't really do that on Amazon

Base values, all games for PSP.

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth: $3.25
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix: $3
Megaman Maverick Hunter X: $2
God of War Chains of Olympus: $5
Death Jr.: $1.50
Darkstalkers Chronicles: $.75
FF7 Crisis Core: $4.50

Total after bonus + edge: $32

[quote name='flagg1216']It is STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE to remove faceplates. If the seal is not an official M$ one or GS, they can not take it in. Most stores however do not do that.[/QUOTE]

i have personally trade 3 360's in the never have never removed the faceplate to check the see if it turns on and plays a game thats it

[quote name='SBRSuperstar']question, if i trade in a phat psp i have to trade it in towards getting a new system to get the bonus? I wanted to trade it in with some psp and 360 games just to get a nice amount on trade in.[/QUOTE]

Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Yes, the $30 bonus is only if you're trading your system towards any new system. It definitely doesn't hurt to ask them but the black-and-white of the offer is "Trade in your system towards any new system and get an extra $30 credit."

[quote name='donut']Today
DS Lego Battles $7.50
DS Lego Rockband $9.75[/QUOTE]

Was this the base amount for Lego Rock Band or what you got after the bonus? I traded this in on 2/23 and I only got $6.xx base on it, $10.xx after the 50% + 10%.

[quote name='killer9']i have personally trade 3 360's in the never have never removed the faceplate to check the see if it turns on and plays a game thats it[/QUOTE]

OK. So your just confirming what I said, they normally don't. They are supposed to but most don't. Just don't want anyone getting surprises when they do.

Base TIVs for 3/7:

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy - $8.00
Tom Clancy's Endwar - $1.75

WET - $6.25
Guitar Hero 5 - $9.75

Wiimote - $12.50
Wii Nunchuck - $8.00

360 Wired Headset - $6.25
360 Rechargeable Battery - $3.25

Also, if you traded in a game and the TIV didn't change from last time, still report it. The date is just as important as the TIV.

Will someone give me the url to print off the PDF sheet to get the extra 25% tiv for accessories

I looked at the 1st OP and couldnt find it , Thanks

[quote name='shoe478']Was this the base amount for Lego Rock Band or what you got after the bonus? I traded this in on 2/23 and I only got $6.xx base on it, $10.xx after the 50% + 10%.[/QUOTE]

base, i know what amount to list in this thread ...

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Will someone give me the url to print off the PDF sheet to get the extra 25% tiv for accessories

I looked at the 1st OP and couldnt find it , Thanks[/QUOTE]

damn ... help me~ help me... getting quite old...
just take a minute to look...
better yet, just sign up for the frikin weekly e-mail:wall:

[quote name='donut']damn ... help me~ help me... getting quite old...
just take a minute to look...
better yet, just sign up for the frikin weekly e-mail:wall:[/QUOTE]

But But... people hate Gamestop.
:drool:

Just so people know, it is store policy to check under faceplates AND that we no longer take in 360s with the RRoD or 360 games with the infamous circular scratches.

We also shouldn't take in YLOD PS3s.

Whether or not these are heavily enforced, well... as the CAG user says: YMMV.

Base TIV 3/7:

Dark Void - 360 $10.75
Devil May Cry 4 - 360 $2.00
Batman: AA - 360 $15.00
GTA IV - 360 $5.25
Prototype - 360 $6.75
Ghostbusters - 360 $5.75
Mirror's Edge - 360 $5.50
Wheel of Fortune - PS2 $5.00
Jeopardy - PS2 $3.00

Status
Not open for further replies.