GS Trade-in Values: Old thread, check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
OLD THREAD GO HERE FOR NEW ONE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7202557

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games traded.

Expires: 5/16/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any DS or PSP traded toward the purchase of any new system.

Expires: 5/16/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Super Mario Galxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption when trading 2 select 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Image of Eligible Game List
Back.jpg

Offer valid toward a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption only. Red Dead Redemption releases 5/18, Super Mario Galaxy 2 releases 5/23, UFC 2010 releases 5/25. Release dates subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 04/26/10 - 5/16/10.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']run until 6/6/10

same 30% extended
30% on ANY games toward split second
$25 hardware bonus trade in-do not have to purchase new system to get extra $25, works on ps3/360/wii/all ds systems/all psp systems except the go [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, West Virginia

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you guys either got amazing GS's or serious balls to trade in games you bought from GS days earlier and even show the receipt! I would be too worried about getting blacklisted to do that.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but it's one thing to show the receipt from Best Buy or Target or whatever and quite another to show them that you are flipping from their own web site. I wouldn't do it, but it seems others get away with that sort of thing ;).[/QUOTE]
[quote name='J7.']Damn you guys either got amazing GS's or serious balls to trade in games you bought from GS days earlier and even show the receipt! I would be too worried about getting blacklisted to do that.[/QUOTE]
I think the appropriate phrase is "bolas grandes" if I remember my spanish correctly.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']I'm sure this has probably been answered a bunch of times... but does anyone know with the "Trade Select game for $25 towards $30+ new game", can you trade in multiple games from that list towards one $30+ game? For example, I'm thinking of maybe trading in Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles to get $50 towards Splinter Cell: Conviction.

But if I can't do that, I'll just trade them in with some other games with the tiered promo. There's really nothing else new over $30 that I want (that I don't already have), unless it works with PC games... which leads me to my next question. Does it work on PC games $29.99+?[/QUOTE]

OMG! Thank you dude. I totally forgot about this deal. I have 3 L4d2 that I got from gamefly, which I was planning on flipping at BB but now I can do it at GS. I just hope the games get here on time.

Are AC2 and LFD2 still accepted for this deal?

[quote name='yruluis']OMG! Thank you dude. I totally forgot about this deal. I have 3 L4d2 that I got from gamefly, which I was planning on flipping at BB but now I can do it at GS. I just hope the games get here on time.

Are AC2 and LFD2 still accepted for this deal?[/QUOTE]

duno about AC2 but i just traded in L4D2 using the promo to get LBP GOTY for like $3 more after edge, i assume if its on the list its still working

360 - Rock Band Beatles 9.00
Wii - Super Mario Bros Wii 25.00
Wii - Press Your Luck 9.75
360 - Assassin's Creed 2 14.00
DS - Madagascar 2 Escape 2 Africa 6.00
DS - Crash: Mind over Mutant 4.25
DS - Chaotic Shadow Warriors 5.75
DS - Sim Animals 5.25
DS - Drawn to Life the Next Chapter 6.00

Total 127.50 Not too bad.

[quote name='RedGamer']J7, I don't think I personally have the balls to do it. Being blacklisted is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

True. I guess I've seen too many horror stories and I'm used to my GS where some won't let you trade in 2 of the same title.

The official policy is to not take in multiples of the same game, regardless of proof of payment for them or not. If it were my decision I would allow it with proof, but not if they were from gamestop.com. It will most certainly be YMMV on them taking multiples from gs.com. You can't get blacklisted for trying though, the worst they can do is tell you no.

Can anyone confirm whether you can trade in an E 74 xbox or not? And if so, is the base value as suggested at $50? And would it qualify for that extra $50. It would be nice to get $100 for something just collecting dust..

I asked about these today (4/20) in-store:

(Wii) Hasbro Family Game Night 2 -- $10.25
(Wii) World of Zoo -- $6.75
(Wii) Disney's Think Fast -- $5.00

[quote name='c3r1h5']For people trading in your consoles for $90. Does that include the HD?[/QUOTE]
HD trade ins are separate.

TIV today
360 20 gig HD $12

Wii
Rayman RR TV $4.75
Pikmin $6.25
Overlord $5.25
Marvel Super Heroes $8.75
DS
My Sims Kingdom $5
Viva Pinata $3
Kingdom Hearts $14
PS3
Lego Indiana Jones $6.5

Base TIVs for today, 04/20
Halo Wars 360 $6
Velvet Assassin 360 $5
Rock Band 2 PS3 $7.25
Overlord 2 360 $9.00
Beatles RB 360 $9.00
Drawn to Life WII $6.50
Transformers 1 PS3 $5.00
Transformers ROTF PS3 $9.50
Golden Axe 360 $3.00

04/20 Base TIV

Hot Shots Golf: OoB $7.25
Brain Age $4.75
Rhythm Heaven $11.00
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story $20.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time $3.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness $3.25

[quote name='alanamaslama']Xbox 360 (with HD component a/v and wireless controller) and got base $90.[/QUOTE]
Wait, is the $50 extra deal over?

[quote name='jkircos']Does anyone know if I can trade in just the first disc of the Batman: AA collectors edition for the $25 deal?[/QUOTE]

Collectors Editions net you the same as a regular copy, so trading in the first disc is fine.

[quote name='cloretsfresh']Wait, is the $50 extra deal over?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, should've clarified. But yeah, the base TIV showed up as $90 and I got the additional $50 added on.

This ends in 4 days? Shit! I want to trade in Batman: AA for $25 (especially considering I'm done with it, GOTY is coming out, and I only spent $30 in the first place), but it's all the way over in New Orleans with a friend who won't be back for awhile.

Base TIVs from last night:

[ Wii ]
Mario Power Tennis $14
World of Zoo $6.75
Mushroom Men: Spore Wars $4.25
Drawn to Life: Next Chapter $6.50
Bully: Scholarship Edition $5.25
Wii Music $6.00
Indiana Jones Staff of Kings $4.50
Pikmin $6.25

[ DS ]
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days $14
Marvel Super Hero Squad $6.25
Lego Rock Band $6.50
Kirby Super Star Ultra $14
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time $5.25

[quote name='thehoweller']Question pertaining to the console trade-in bonus...

I traded in my 360 yesterday, I didn't have a component cable but offered to buy one along with the transaction. Somehow the employee lost that thought in the transaction, and didn't ring one up along with everything. Should I be worried that they'll deduct a balance from the card, or blacklist my name at the store?[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, do you need an official MS A/V cable with a trade in? Like those Mad Catz off brand multi system ones don't count?

[quote name='lunker']Oh crap, do you need an official MS A/V cable with a trade in? Like those Mad Catz off brand multi system ones don't count?[/QUOTE]
I know they tend to like at least it be a single-system A/V cable. Off-brand, from my experience, isn't a huge deal unless it is the multi-system plug type.

[quote name='rjbooth']360 - Rock Band Beatles 9.00
Wii - Super Mario Bros Wii 25.00
Wii - Press Your Luck 9.75
360 - Assassin's Creed 2 14.00
DS - Madagascar 2 Escape 2 Africa 6.00
DS - Crash: Mind over Mutant 4.25
DS - Chaotic Shadow Warriors 5.75
DS - Sim Animals 5.25
DS - Drawn to Life the Next Chapter 6.00

Total 127.50 Not too bad.[/QUOTE]

Really nice trade-in value on AC2 considering they sell it used for $28. Probably because they sell really well at less than $30.

Man I gotta get rid of Mario Tennis if it's getting $14 base...

Quick question, are those Marvel vs. Capcom Fight Sticks still priced at $99 in stores? I remember they knocked them down a while ago but I never knew if it was a sale or a price drop, since they're $140 online.

[quote name='eastshore4']Man I gotta get rid of Mario Tennis if it's getting $14 base...

Quick question, are those Marvel vs. Capcom Fight Sticks still priced at $99 in stores? I remember they knocked them down a while ago but I never knew if it was a sale or a price drop, since they're $140 online.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, it was only a temporary drop, but you can have them scan it. It used to be (from my experience) that prices were pretty uniform site or store, but lately GS has been doing a lot of online only deals so who knows.

Quick question, I know it is YMMV on RROD 360, but what about the system would make them immediately say no to any trade? Are there tabs or anything that lets you know it has been tampered with or something?

[quote name='eastshore4']Man I gotta get rid of Mario Tennis if it's getting $14 base...

Quick question, are those Marvel vs. Capcom Fight Sticks still priced at $99 in stores? I remember they knocked them down a while ago but I never knew if it was a sale or a price drop, since they're $140 online.[/QUOTE]

No they're back to the same price as online now. Apparently it was just an unadvertised sale.

[quote name='animalspinners']Does the tiered promotion not have a minimum? If it does, is it still $5 or did they lower it back down?[/QUOTE]

No minimum.

[quote name='animalspinners']Does the tiered promotion not have a minimum? If it does, is it still $5 or did they lower it back down?[/QUOTE]

No minimum on the percentage bonuses. Which is why people purchase old sports games as filler

[quote name='salty tbone']No minimum.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, time to finally rid myself of a "backlog".... again.

I really gotta stop buying games just because of hype and the fact they are on sale, when I've got games like Monster Hunter Tri that will give me 100 hours easy. I've bought so many damn DS RPG's by Atlus simply because of the name, when I haven't even touched DQ 4 or 5 =/

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Will GS accept a 360 with a messed up disc drive? As in it won't read games? Does that qualify it as defective?

If they do, I'd assume it's be $50 off.[/QUOTE]

I would say not being able to read games would qualify it as defective.

:360: 512 MB Memory Card - Still $9.50 base as of today. I'm surprised the TIV hasn't dropped dramatically with the USB compatibility update.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I don't think so, it was only a temporary drop, but you can have them scan it. It used to be (from my experience) that prices were pretty uniform site or store, but lately GS has been doing a lot of online only deals so who knows.

Quick question, I know it is YMMV on RROD 360, but what about the system would make them immediately say no to any trade? Are there tabs or anything that lets you know it has been tampered with or something?[/QUOTE]

I tried to trade in a system missing the holographic like warranty seal sticker thingy that sits beneath the faceplate. They wouldn't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back