GS trade question - can I trade 2 copies of the same game at different stores?

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Ok - sry if someone asked this - I couldn't find it. I picked up 2 copies of Bigs 2 (360) today that I want to trade in at Gamestop. I read they won't let you trade in 2 copies of the same game (also read sometimes they do but it's ymmv), but will they allow me to trade them in at different stores? I was going to trade one copy with another game for the $40 TIV deal for Left 4 Dead2, and then drive to a different store and trade in the other copy with 5 other games for the 40% trade in bonus. Do they allow that or do they maintain a history of my trade ins? Thanks!

Normally not. Most GS are going to say no. If this was Gamecrazy, then they would say yes, since most Gamecrazys let you trade in multiples, but GS usually will reject you on the spot and if you are trying to get in on the trade in bonus, then its a definite no. GS is very picky with taking in same games from one person. And their only suggestion is to go to each store to trade them in, or 1 copy of a game per day, lol. But you may always get that one dumb seasonal employee that might do it then get written up or fired over it.

bread's done
Back