GT4 at the pawn shop

grae60

CAGiversary!
man was I surprised when I found gran turismo 4 lumped in with a bunch of madden 2002's at my pawn shop today, snagged it for 8 bucks I did!

no point to this post I just gotta brag to somebody...

great deal. shows how some people have no idea of what they hold. who sells games to a pawn shop??

[quote name='valance']great deal. shows how some people have no idea of what they hold. who sells games to a pawn shop??[/QUOTE]

Thieves?

[quote name='valance']great deal. shows how some people have no idea of what they hold. who sells games to a pawn shop??[/QUOTE]
i sell wrestling games to pawn shops around here 5 bucks for PS1 or N64 copies.. thats easy money

[quote name='Scorch']Is that what you think? Only thieves sell to pawn shops?[/QUOTE]

A $50 game to a Pawn shop that only have the guy like $5 seeing as they sold it for $8..... Yea, Id say it was a thief too.

the case literally looked like it was used as a dog toy, noticable bite marks and alot of the actual plastic covering was tore off, I replaced it with an old worthless dvd case. Oddly everything on the inside looks untouched, behind the crisp manual was the registration papers. No marks on the cd,.. yeah it was probably stolen

[quote name='Scorch']Is that what you think? Only thieves sell to pawn shops?[/QUOTE]

Well... Thieves, druggies, crack heads, meth heads, and ex-girlfriends who take pride in selling their soon to be ex-husbands stuff for pennies on the dollar.

(I know someone who worked at a pawn shop!)

[quote name='soulwish2003']Well... Thieves, druggies, crack heads, meth heads, and ex-girlfriends who take pride in selling their soon to be ex-husbands stuff for pennies on the dollar.

(I know someone who worked at a pawn shop!)[/QUOTE]

....why do I hear a 'yo momma' coming up here...

[quote name='soulwish2003']Well... Thieves, druggies, crack heads, meth heads, and ex-girlfriends who take pride in selling their soon to be ex-husbands stuff for pennies on the dollar.

(I know someone who worked at a pawn shop!)[/QUOTE]

I had a customer come in one day who said he owned a pawn shop upstate. He told me how he would buy games off them for next to nothing, and either give them to his kids or sell them back to us (EB) for a profit. When asked who is crazy enough to do such a thing, he ran off a very similar list. :)

The guy was styling and profiling though. He looked like Slick Rick with all that "stolen" jewelry on :)

Cool find . . . those deals are the best. When you read about a deal and get in on it that's cool but when you find treasure in the weeds its the best.

very nice, I don't usually find much at my local pawn shops, but I have picked up NBA Street 3 and Mortal Kombat:Deception CE for 8 bucks each. gotta love the feeling of seeing those gems mixed in there with the Madden 2002's :)

[quote name='grae60']man was I surprised when I found gran turismo 4 lumped in with a bunch of madden 2002's at my pawn shop today, snagged it for 8 bucks I did!

no point to this post I just gotta brag to somebody...[/QUOTE]

Yes a good deal you did find...hmmm

Nice find OP. I was in a pawn shop a few weeks ago and they had a sealed copy of Halo 2 (regular edition) on the shelf for... $50 #-o

So far I haven't found a single pawn shop near me that sells games for anything near good prices. Checked over a dozen.

sorry.. heh i just like to mention that I found a bunch of old NES games (metal gear, Castlevania most notable) for a dollar a piece.. and I found Resident Evil 4 for 10.

bread's done
Back