GT4 free with Trade in of 3 games!!!!

If this is a valid deal, it would be $16.66 per PO game!

This is better than the $13.33 we got per game during the PSP game for 3 tradeins deal.

[quote name='jrbernal83']I just got the game
I traded in rainbow six 3, Espn Nhl 2k5, and The newest Ps2 jampack and got gt4 for free.

if I were you roufus i would call a EB and tell them 3 games you want to trade in and tell them you wanna get GT4, ask them to ring it up with sales tax cause you wanna know how much it would be (cause your getting money from your mother to get the game) and you need the exact price.
I know its alot of work but then youll see it works

I PROMISE THAT IT WORKS EVERYBODY[/QUOTE]

Do you have the promotion #?

The deal is legit. I just called my local EB, where the manager & asst. manager both know me. Got the assit. manager & asked if they had any trade-in deals on GT4 - told him I had heard it was something that started today. He punched on the computer a bit & replied "Yep, looks like you can trade in any 3 non-excluded PS2, Xbox or GC games & get it for free".

It helps to have a local EB not manned by monkeys. ;)

EDIT: BTW, this was in Montgomery, AL.

EDIT EDIT: Just noticed I left out the all important "3". :p

[quote name='argyle']The deal is legit. I just called my local EB, where the manager & asst. manager both know me. Got the assit. manager & asked if they had any trade-in deals on GT4 - told him I had heard it was something that started today. He punched on the computer a bit & replied "Yep, looks like you can trade in any non-excluded PS2, Xbox or GC game & get it for free".

EDIT: BTW, this was in Montgomery, AL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton Argyle... used this exact same approach and confirmed the deal. At first she said no, but I asked if she could punch it up in her computer and look... sure enough, it was at the very bottom, just started today, and excludes POX games.

Took me about ten minutes on the phone, and I'll probably drive up there tonight while the employees still know what's up.

Amazingly this is the same EB store that told me earlier no such deal existed... this time I knew exactly what to tell them, however.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks a ton Argyle... used this exact same approach and confirmed the deal. At first she said no, but I asked if she could punch it up in her computer and look... sure enough, it was at the very bottom, just started today, and excludes POX games.

Took me about ten minutes on the phone, and I'll probably drive up there tonight while the employees still know what's up.

Amazingly this is the same EB store that told me earlier no such deal existed... this time I knew exactly what to tell them, however.[/QUOTE]

what are POX games?

Now if I could get a "yay/nay" on whether any of these will work, I'll be set. :)

Tak & Power of Juju (gc)
Malice (xbox) (yeah...I doubt it, but...)
XIII (ps2)
The Thing (xbox)
Freedom Fighters (xbox)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (ps2)
D&D: Heroes (xbox)

Hopefully there's 3 in there that qualify...

Cool glad you guys could confirm it. I would get it but I don't like racing games, unless they are similar to MC3: DUB or NFSU series.

[quote name='argyle']Now if I could get a "yay/nay" on whether any of these will work, I'll be set. :)

Tak & Power of Juju (gc)
XIII (ps2)
The Thing (xbox)
Freedom Fighters (xbox)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (ps2)

Hopefully there's 3 in there that qualify...[/QUOTE]

Should be good with any of those, except maybe XIII.

What about the original Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox, think the OP used it in his deal), Stretch Panic, and Medal of Honor: Frontline?

[quote name='argyle']The deal is legit. I just called my local EB, where the manager & asst. manager both know me. Got the assit. manager & asked if they had any trade-in deals on GT4 - told him I had heard it was something that started today. He punched on the computer a bit & replied "Yep, looks like you can trade in any 3 non-excluded PS2, Xbox or GC games & get it for free".

EDIT: BTW, this was in Montgomery, AL.

EDIT EDIT: Just noticed I left out the all important "3". :p[/QUOTE]

You must be talking about the one at East Chase? :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Should be good with any of those, except maybe XIII.

What about the original Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox, think the OP used it in his deal), Stretch Panic, and Medal of Honor: Frontline?[/QUOTE]

Stretch Panic is kind of old and I'm not sure if it's findable now, so I would suggest keeping it. Even if you don't want to play it. But if you still wanna trade, I would doubt it because it is really old.

I doubt anyone can come up with an exclusion list , You guys can definitely call the store and ask if the games you want to trade are POX or not !

[quote name='Samurai X']I doubt anyone can come up with an exclusion list , You guys can definitely call the store and ask if the games you want to trade are POX or not ![/QUOTE]

I just tried that... "store policy says we can't tell you which games are excluded over the phone, you'll have to bring them in".

WHAT THE fuck.

They can't give trade-in prices over the phone, they can't even tell me if games are excluded over the phone... I'm going to be real pissed if I take some games down there only to find out they are all "excluded".

And people wonder why I hate EB and can't wait for Gamestop to acquire them and rip them apart.

[quote name='Roufuss']I just tried that... "store policy says we can't tell you which games are excluded over the phone, you'll have to bring them in".

WHAT THE fuck.

They can't give trade-in prices over the phone, they can't even tell me if games are excluded over the phone... I'm going to be real pissed if I take some games down there only to find out they are all "excluded".

And people wonder why I hate EB and can't wait for Gamestop to acquire them and rip them apart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, technically, EB isn't supposed to. Last time I decided to be nice and give trade-in prices over the phone, I didn't notice my manager had walked into the back room and I got scheduled for a total of 6 hours in two weeks, haha.

Damnit, I wanna take advantage of this so badly but I don't know if it's worth a minimum wage job that is an hour away...

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']You must be talking about the one at East Chase? :)[/QUOTE]

But of course. :) Tho lately, the one on the Atlanta Highway has been improving - they've gotten new management and have cleaned the store up a lot. The manager there (at least, I *think* he's the manger...) seems pretty cool too. I've already killed some time talking to him about RPGs & movies. ;)

Head to BB with the $5 off coupon . . . if you can find Metal Arms or Bad Boys 2 . . . with coupon they'll be $5 each and should qualify

[quote name='argyle']Now if I could get a "yay/nay" on whether any of these will work, I'll be set. :)

Tak & Power of Juju (gc)
XIII (ps2)
The Thing (xbox)
Freedom Fighters (xbox)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (ps2)

Hopefully there's 3 in there that qualify...[/QUOTE]

You should get 3 out of this . . .

Malice shouldn't work (they sell if for $5 new)
I'd guess XIII and Thing won't make it either . . .
FReedom F Xbox sells for $10 . . . bad sign
Tak should be good (GC games have an edge)
they sell DD Heroes for $25 . . . should work
I bet DW4 is good

Here's what worked for me:

Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox, traded in for $1)
Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox, traded in for $1)
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Xbox, traded in for $3).

Stretch Panic and Bloody Roar 3 were POX, I think both traded in for 25 cents.

Computer makes the 3 games 11.66 each, and lowers Gran Turismo 4 to 34.99... I have no clue why EB is allowing this sale, since they are technically losing money. I got the second to last copy (it was gutted) and grabbed a flyer so I could PM CC for Bard's Tale (I won't support EB if I don't have to).

I can scan my receipt if anyone is interested... I'll miss Godzilla, but I was planning on getting the sequel sometime anyways, and I also have War of the Monsters.

YMMV on this. I tried 2 ebs near me (luckily I have 2 right next to each other about 2 miles from my place)

neither had heard of the deal. one of them didn't even have gt4, so i went to the other, scanned a bunch of games and it did bump the value of some to 11.50 or something, but not 16.66 or whatever. so either all i have is junk (doubtful, tried nanobreaker, project snowblind (xbox), bunch of others) or this isn't nationwide.

[quote name='TheShiz']YMMV on this. I tried 2 ebs near me (luckily I have 2 right next to each other about 2 miles from my place)

neither had heard of the deal. one of them didn't even have gt4, so i went to the other, scanned a bunch of games and it did bump the value of some to 11.50 or something, but not 16.66 or whatever. so either all i have is junk (doubtful, tried nanobreaker, project snowblind (xbox), bunch of others) or this isn't nationwide.[/QUOTE]

Yea... it dumps the games to 11.66, and it is SUPPOSED to dump GT 4 to 34.99... the manager had to manually override GT 4 since it scanned up 44.99 instead, and said I owed 10 bucks.

Tell them to look up promotion code #3840

Here's my scan... you can see where the manager had to to overirde to add the extra $10 bucks to even it out, since the promo says "TRADE 3 GAMES, GET GT 4 FOR FREE (some exclusions apply)"

You know what the BEST PART is... I open up the tape on the game when I get home, only to reveal that the manual has been heavily pawed... that's ok, I can live with that. Go to put the game in my Playstation 2, and the thing is COVERED in deep scratches... luckily the guy in charge was very apologetic and promised to switch out copies tommorrow morning. Make sure you don't somehow get a used copy before you leave the store, since the promotion says new.

If someone can tell me how to thumbnail it, I'd appreciate it =/

[quote name='argyle']But of course. :) Tho lately, the one on the Atlanta Highway has been improving - they've gotten new management and have cleaned the store up a lot. The manager there (at least, I *think* he's the manger...) seems pretty cool too. I've already killed some time talking to him about RPGs & movies. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah the one at EastChase is by far the best one in town. I'll hit the Atlanta Highway one occasionally - I almost never go to the one at the mall, it is sad how far downhill that one has gone. Especially considering I used to work there back when it was the only EB in town......

[quote name='schultzed']Head to BB with the $5 off coupon . . . if you can find Metal Arms or Bad Boys 2 . . . with coupon they'll be $5 each and should qualify

You should get 3 out of this . . .

Malice shouldn't work (they sell if for $5 new)
I'd guess XIII and Thing won't make it either . . .
FReedom F Xbox sells for $10 . . . bad sign
Tak should be good (GC games have an edge)
they sell DD Heroes for $25 . . . should work
I bet DW4 is good[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's kinda what I figured. I'm unsure about ditching D&D Heroes tho. Did this come out on the PS2 as well? If so, I'm converting most of my multi-platform titles over to PS2 (yea, weird, but I have reasons ;) ). If not...I just might hang onto it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea... it dumps the games to 11.66, and it is SUPPOSED to dump GT 4 to 34.99... the manager had to manually override GT 4 since it scanned up 44.99 instead, and said I owed 10 bucks.

Tell them to look up promotion code #3840

Here's my scan... you can see where the manager had to to overirde to add the extra $10 bucks to even it out, since the promo says "TRADE 3 GAMES, GET GT 4 FOR FREE (some exclusions apply)"

You know what the BEST PART is... I open up the tape on the game when I get home, only to reveal that the manual has been heavily pawed... that's ok, I can live with that. Go to put the game in my Playstation 2, and the thing is COVERED in deep scratches... luckily the guy in charge was very apologetic and promised to switch out copies tommorrow morning. Make sure you don't somehow get a used copy before you leave the store, since the promotion says new.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks but this takes some of the excitement out of the deal . . . you can always get $10 for a PO (nonexcluded game)

This is still a great deal if you want GT4 but not quite as hot for "flippers" (like me).

Damn, if no one can post up the exclusion list then I'll have a hard time taking advantage of this deal. Can't ask if a game can be traded in over phone = having to go with the store, but I just dislocated my left leg so now I can't go.

Dammit.

[quote name='vietgurl']Yeah, technically, EB isn't supposed to. Last time I decided to be nice and give trade-in prices over the phone, I didn't notice my manager had walked into the back room and I got scheduled for a total of 6 hours in two weeks, haha.[/QUOTE]

This makes perfect sense from EB's point of view. If you actually cart your games into an EB and they tell you that it's POX and that it's only worth a couple dollars (or less...), they're banking on the fact that a lot of people will just trade it in than bother taking it home. The manager at the EB where I live actively tries to get you to trade these in. Hell, for $1 or less I'd just keep the damned thing for the case. Bah.

[quote name='schultzed']Thanks but this takes some of the excitement out of the deal . . . you can always get $10 for a PO (nonexcluded game)

This is still a great deal if you want GT4 but not quite as hot for "flippers" (like me).[/QUOTE]

How can you "always get $10 for a non excluded game?

Unless you mean abusing the pre-order deals, because the ones I traded in got $1 for two, and $3 for another.

Not sure why it kills some of the excitement for flippers, there's still ample opp. to flip this game if you are so inclined.

Anyone know how long this deal will be going on?

EDIT: Also, do you think XGRA (Xbox) will be allowed for this deal? Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I have never done one of these deals before. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know if any of these games will work?

Xbox

ESPN NBA 2k5
ESPN NHL 2k5
ESPN NFL 2k5
Hitman 2
Xmen Legends

PS2

Madden 2005
Dark Cloud 2

[quote name='jrbernal83']I found this out yesterday while I was at work. The 3 games have to be qualifying titles though.[/QUOTE]

thanks man, sorry about everyone being sour about it. We probably wouldnt have found out about it for a while. Give yourself a pat on the back!

[quote name='schultzed']Thanks but this takes some of the excitement out of the deal . . . you can always get $10 for a PO (nonexcluded game)

This is still a great deal if you want GT4 but not quite as hot for "flippers" (like me).[/QUOTE]

I think EB got smart by dropping GT4 down to 34.99 if you're doing the trade-in deal, lol. There were probably too many people abusing their trade-in deals.

[quote name='ananag112']Anyone know how long this deal will be going on?

EDIT: Also, do you think XGRA (Xbox) will be allowed for this deal? Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I have never done one of these deals before. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

the deal ends on 7/31.

as i said b4,
for everyone looking for the exclusion list, I will post it tomorrow, I will print it out from work and post it up at or around midnight cst.
it will be for gc xbox and ps2

[quote name='jrbernal83']as i said b4,
for everyone looking for the exclusion list, I will post it tomorrow, I will print it out from work and post it up at or around midnight cst.
it will be for gc xbox and ps2[/QUOTE]

Thanks ALOT! I'll be waiting patiently for it. ^_^

[quote name='Roufuss']How can you "always get $10 for a non excluded game?

Unless you mean abusing the pre-order deals, because the ones I traded in got $1 for two, and $3 for another.

Not sure why it kills some of the excitement for flippers, there's still ample opp. to flip this game if you are so inclined.

Also: I think EB got smart by dropping GT4 down to 34.99 if you're doing the trade-in deal, lol. There were probably too many people abusing their trade-in deals.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you don't abuse EB . . . they will abuse you.

I agree that its smart of EB to reduce the value of the game . . . although they should also sell it to customers at the reduced price (are they?).

I can't see how anyone accepts $1-2 for a game . . . I know EB is a business and businesses need to make money . . . but their buy prices are insane. It is true that once a game has been dragged to the store it is psychologically hard to bring it back home.

But even with the "abuse" of their deals EB still makes out quite well.

Any game that gains $10 in a trade-in deal will sell for more and EB is not giving cash for these games . . . it is store credit which increases sales. So, I don't think we need to offer sympathy to them.

BTW, you can use an old POX list for guidance but the list changes.

I had an extra Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) on hand . . . tried a few time to find out it was POX. Just recently I brought it in again and it was PO.

[quote name='jrbernal83']as i said b4,
it will be for gc xbox and ps2[/QUOTE]

you rule all kinds

[quote name='swoop22']Does anyone know if any of these games will work?

Xbox

ESPN NBA 2k5
ESPN NHL 2k5
ESPN NFL 2k5
Hitman 2
Xmen Legends

PS2

Madden 2005
Dark Cloud 2[/QUOTE]

How can you get rid of Dark Cloud 2?!?! It should fetch you more than the credit they would give you.

The general rule that I go by is check EB's used price, if it's higher than $9.99 it shouldn't be POX. $9.99 games will go either way, usually POX though.

If duplicits worked and gbas then this deal would be heavenly, but its sick just the way it is, hopefully 1$ sports games work too, and would it be possible to post up if this deal is 1 copy per person? perday, ever? ect.

[quote name='dios']If duplicits worked and gbas then this deal would be heavenly, but its sick just the way it is, hopefully 1$ sports games work too, and would it be possible to post up if this deal is 1 copy per person? perday, ever? ect.[/QUOTE]

People have got to have some sense about how this kind of deal works. Spending $3 to get GT4 would be great but it is not realistic. Although, if you had a penny MAT2 and $2 POP GC and another $2 CC game . . . you could get if for $4!

OVERALL: EB gives a "bump up" in value to some games . . . they aren't going to do this (on purpose anyway) to games that don't sell for much.

Bringing in old sports games is a lost cause. Sometimes recent Jampaks can work (but only through the glitch of not being on the list). This can be YMMV because my store manager won't do it.

I did get PO on ESPN NFL Xbox (got $12.50 during an EA game promo) but that was in Jan. . . . now it is likely to be POX. Funny, I could rebuy it right now for $6 ac off their website!

Trading in good games (a certain to be classic like Dark Cloud 2) is a bad idea because it sucks to deplete the depth and range of your collection. You could regret those trades later.

Best is to buy clearance games elsewhere and trade them in . . . $15 for 3 games at Target, CC, and/or BB could get you GT4 or $35 in credit. I don't see anything wrong in this kind of "flipping" . . . I feel that the $10 ($11.66 in this case) that I get for my $5 is a finders fee. If I turn a copy of Metal Arms and get $10 for it the store will sell it for $15 . . . and I will spend the $10 on a something cheap but the money goes right back into EB.

Lastly, you have to get into these deals to really understand them (has to become your lifestyle) . . . get a feel for it and "collect" games for trade-in in order to be ready. Be prepared with several games on hand not just the number needed.

How much trade in credit is gamestop or FYE giving for GT4, cause I might use this deal to get the game and then trade in GT4 for conkers.

Do you guys think any of these games will work?
Maximo
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
Rogue Leader
Rebel Strike
F-zero gx

If this deal does exist, then it's not automatically in their system yet. I checked for non-POX games with some titles I brought in, had the sales clerk scan in GT4, and total it up.

Nothing, no change in prices.

[quote name='evo t rex']If this deal does exist, then it's not automatically in their system yet. I checked for non-POX games with some titles I brought in, had the sales clerk scan in GT4, and total it up.

Nothing, no change in prices.

.[/QUOTE]

Look at my earlier post... it lists the promotion code, and the deal is at the very end of the promotions in the computer.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1154296&postcount=72

[quote name='Toireht']How much trade in credit is gamestop or FYE giving for GT4, cause I might use this deal to get the game and then trade in GT4 for conkers.
[/QUOTE]

I think Gamestop is giving 10 dollars or so for it (lol).

bread's done
Back