GT4 free with Trade in of 3 games!!!!

since GT4 is adjusted to 34.99 that would suck since if you don't want the game a wk later or so and return it you would only get 34.99 on a gift card...

[quote name='Mishimaryu']since GT4 is adjusted to 34.99 that would suck since if you don't want the game a wk later or so and return it you would only get 34.99 on a gift card...[/QUOTE]

$11.66 per game is good if you can find games of low value that will work.

I'm almost certain that Primal and DMC1 will not work.

Recent sports games may work . . . I traded in a March Madness about 6 weeks ago (free at BB) and it was PO (also was getting over $20 at FYE) . . . my 2 free copies netted me over $30 between the stores.

Promo Midway AT2 should work but they have to look it up manually (or scan a regular copy from the store).

About:
Maximo
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
Rogue Leader
Rebel Strike
F-zero gx

Maximo and F-Zero are iffy . . .

The Rogue games are certain to work.

I'd say if you brought those 5 in, 3 may work.

I always go in trade mode to EB with a tote bag with extra games to make sure I can get a deal to work even if something gets shot down. . . . then just prioritize among the PO games.

does anyone know any of these games work? all for ps2 thanks.

wipeout fusion
madden 2004
Lord OTR the two towers
nba street ball
nba street ball 2
simpson's road rage

will this work? i never trade games at ebgames because they try to rip you off, but do they accept games disc only?

I traded in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XBOX), Soul Caliber 2 (XBOX), and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (XBOX) for GT 4 at anEBGames here in Tampa.
I then made the drive to GameRush and got $28 in trade. That money, plus about $2 that was already on my account pre-ordered Nintendogs for the DS for my wife's birthday. Not too bad.

the nearst eb is an hour away so i'm going there this weekend. my trade-ins are pretty lame so does anyone know if these will work:

godzill destroy all monters melee (xb) i think this one will work
midway arcade treasures 1 (xb)
animal crossing (gc)
auto modellista (ps2)
nba street (ps2)
matt hoffman bmx 2 (ps2)

anyone is the SoCal area have any luck with this deal? The two EBgames near me both say that there isn't a deal at all, just the Madden 2006 one. I would just ahte to bring in some games and have them stare at me like I'm some kind of idiot when nothing happens.
Is it possible that only EB's with a surplus of GT4 are running this deal?

[quote name='ericx']does anyone know any of these games work? all for ps2 thanks.

wipeout fusion
madden 2004
Lord OTR the two towers
nba street ball
nba street ball 2
simpson's road rage

will this work? i never trade games at ebgames because they try to rip you off, but do they accept games disc only?[/QUOTE]

Not only would none of those games work, but you'd be lucky if you get $5 in cred for all of them.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Not only would none of those games work, but you'd be lucky if you get $5 in cred for all of them.[/QUOTE]

I traded in NBA Street vol 2 today and it was PO. I believe Road Rage is PO as well.

[quote name='darkchild81']the nearst eb is an hour away so i'm going there this weekend. my trade-ins are pretty lame so does anyone know if these will work:

godzill destroy all monters melee (xb) i think this one will work
midway arcade treasures 1 (xb)
animal crossing (gc)
auto modellista (ps2)
nba street (ps2)
matt hoffman bmx 2 (ps2)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that only your top three will work . . . but don't do Animal Crossing . . . its got to be worth more (in some way) than an EB trade in . . . go get a $5 Metal Arms at Best Buy.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Not only would none of those games work, but you'd be lucky if you get $5 in cred for all of them.[/QUOTE]

Simpsons Road Rage and NBA Street 2 will work. Don't give information unless you're sure you're right.

this deal is good at all ebgames. have them scan your games in for trade in values, then have them scan in GT4 for a sale. the computer will adjust itself. plus, there's a sign outside of my local ebgames advertising this deal, although the girl inside didn't know about it.

Hey does anyone know if any of this game work?

XBOX Soul Calibur 2
XBOX Otogi
XBOX Panzeer Dragoon

Cartridge:
GBA Breath of Fire
GBA Breath of Fire 2
GBA Golden Sun
GBA Golden Sun 2

PS2 Bombastic
PS2 DrakenGuard
PS2 ICO
PS2 Mark of Kri

thanks

just tried. Bat Man Rise of Sin Tzu (PS2) does work. XIII(PS2), Primal(PS2), Dead to Rights(GC), and Mad Maestro(PS2) do NOT work. I left ebgames empty handed!

[quote name='ManChowder']anyone is the SoCal area have any luck with this deal? The two EBgames near me both say that there isn't a deal at all, just the Madden 2006 one. I would just ahte to bring in some games and have them stare at me like I'm some kind of idiot when nothing happens.
Is it possible that only EB's with a surplus of GT4 are running this deal?[/QUOTE]

Tell them to look up the promotion code #3840.

It's ALL EB's, trust me.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']since GT4 is adjusted to 34.99 that would suck since if you don't want the game a wk later or so and return it you would only get 34.99 on a gift card...[/QUOTE]

I see GT4 adjusted to 39.99 now , yesterday was 49.99, used is 44.99 never 34.99 , does anyone think gt3 will work , do greatest hits like mario sunshine and metroid prime work ? thanks

[quote name='Samurai X']I see GT4 adjusted to 39.99 now , yesterday was 49.99, used is 44.99 never 34.99 , does anyone think gt3 will work , do greatest hits like mario sunshine and metroid prime work ? thanks[/QUOTE]

you can see my receipt I scanned in on page 3 or 4, the games traded in for 11.66 a piece and GT 4 was adjusted down to 34.99.

[quote name='Roufuss']you can see my receipt I scanned in on page 3 or 4, the games traded in for 11.66 a piece and GT 4 was adjusted down to 34.99.[/QUOTE]

So the game is not free anymore when you trade in 3 games instead it drops down to 34.99 , sorry i just havn't read 120 posts , is that what it is ?

[quote name='Samurai X']So the game is not free anymore when you trade in 3 games instead it drops down to 34.99 , sorry i just havn't read 120 posts , is that what it is ?[/QUOTE]

Trade in 3 games for GT 4 -

The computer automatically adjusts each of the three games to 11.66, and then adjusts a new GT 4 down to 34.99, thereby giving you the game for free.

I imagine this is so if you decide to return it, the value of GT 4 is only 34.99, instead of 49.99.

[quote name='Chaz Ashley']yes, disc only games usually end up in those (edit)ugly(edit) PRE-OWNED dvd cases :)[/QUOTE]

if i were to trade in the ps2 gta double pack the two games will count as one trade in game right? so if i trade both of them indivitually as disc only the double pack will count has 2 games. would it?

[quote name='Roufuss']Trade in 3 games for GT 4 -

The computer automatically adjusts each of the three games to 11.66, and then adjusts a new GT 4 down to 34.99, thereby giving you the game for free.

I imagine this is so if you decide to return it, the value of GT 4 is only 34.99, instead of 49.99.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly understood thanks for that i will definitely go tomorrow i was going to go today but i totally forgot , the employees at my EB's never know anything so i will definitely write down that promotion code as well !

[quote name='ericx']if i were to trade in the ps2 gta double pack the two games will count as one trade in game right? so if i trade both of them indivitually as disc only the double pack will count has 2 games. would it?[/QUOTE]

LOL , i guess so , are the discs the same though as if you bought them individually, and dont the employees always have to scan a barcode !

so from what I've read these games should work for sure:

-Metroid Prime(GC)
-Beyond Good&Evil(PS2)

I doubt these would work but here's some others that I've been waiting to ditch:

-Zone of the Enders(PS2)
-Run Like Hell(xbox)
-Galerians:Ash(xbox)
-Serious Sam(xbox)

I figure RLH would be the best bet here considering I don't see it used as much for xbox, but I'm still doubting that one.... any thoughts??

If not I'll drop by BB tomorrow and grab a copy of metal arms.

[quote name='Samurai X']LOL , i guess so , are the discs the same though as if you bought them individually, and dont the employees always have to scan a barcode ![/QUOTE]

i looked at the discs before i posted and they just have greates hits, no double pack or anything. I'm planning on trading the discs and the booklets together, so the buyer could also have the booklet.

those are old list, ill start a new thread in a lil bit with the updated PO games. I have the list right in front of me.

[quote name='jrbernal83']those are old list, ill start a new thread in a lil bit with the updated PO games. I have the list right in front of me.[/QUOTE]

i'll have a mod delete the thread i started.

[quote name='schultzed']I'm pretty sure that only your top three will work . . . but don't do Animal Crossing . . . its got to be worth more (in some way) than an EB trade in . . . go get a $5 Metal Arms at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

i wanna have a backup game to bring in just in case one of mine doesn't work. so "metal arms" will work? is that for all systems? and at the risk of getting flamed, how do you get the price down to $5 when the list is $10?

[quote name='darkchild81']i wanna have a backup game to bring in just in case one of mine doesn't work. so "metal arms" will work? is that for all systems? and at the risk of getting flamed, how do you get the price down to $5 when the list is $10?[/QUOTE]

best buy has it for $10 but you can get it for $5 with the $5 OFF coupon(PS2) from the mcdonalds promo.

[quote name='jrbernal83']those are old list, ill start a new thread in a lil bit with the updated PO games. I have the list right in front of me.[/QUOTE]

Ladies and gentleman that means the list is long , if not he would have just put it right now ! bored

I went to one EB and traded in Castlevania LOI, Destruction Derby Arenas and Morrowind Game of the year in for GT4. These where double copies that I already owned. The manager told me that I couldn't return it. I went to another EB and they returned it for me and gave me back 39.99 for it. I also did the madden '06 deal by trading in KOF 00/01, Wild Arms 3, Shenmue 2, RTYPE Final and Eternal Darkness. I'll be returning that once I pick it up. Thank you EB.

[quote name='drsuper23']I went to one EB and traded in Castlevania LOI, Destruction Derby Arenas and Morrowind Game of the year in for GT4. These where double copies that I already owned. The manager told me that I couldn't return it. I went to another EB and they returned it for me and gave me back 39.99 for it. I also did the madden '06 deal by trading in KOF 00/01, Wild Arms 3, Shenmue 2, RTYPE Final and Eternal Darkness. I'll be returning that once I pick it up. Thank you EB.[/QUOTE]

Its for people like you that we NEVER have deals like this anymore. You are stealing buddy. Its ok to take advantage of this deal to get the game, but to return it to get the credit is stupid. THEIF

[quote name='jrbernal83']Its for people like you that we NEVER have deals like this anymore. You are stealing buddy. Its ok to take advantage of this deal to get the game, but to return it to get the credit is stupid. THEIF[/QUOTE]

Please explain to me how I'm being a THEIF??? Please use correct spelling
If I'm not mistaken it is store credit, which means that I have to go and spend it back at this place. I'm thinking that the definition of a thief is someone who takes withought paying for it. Did I take something withought paying for it?
You sir(kid) are an idiot. You don't know me so please keep quiet. And to say that I'm the reason that they don't have these deals anymore means that once again, you have proven yourself to be an idiot again. They have these types of deals all the time.

BTW, shaqfu you.

I apologize to everyone else who I might have offended with what I say. I just hate when people go on the attack with their moral authority. Specially someone wiht the IQ of a hammer.

[quote name='drsuper23']Please explain to me how I'm being a THEIF??? Please use correct spelling
If I'm not mistaken it is store credit, which means that I have to go and spend it back at this place. I'm thinking that the definition of a thief is someone who takes withought paying for it. Did I take something withought paying for it?
You sir(kid) are an idiot. You don't know me so please keep quiet. And to say that I'm the reason that they don't have these deals anymore means that once again, you have proven yourself to be an idiot again. They have these types of deals all the time.

BTW, shaqfu you.

I apologize to everyone else who I might have offended with what I say. I just hate when people go on the attack with their moral authority. Specially someone wiht the IQ of a hammer.[/QUOTE] Wow, you really go on the offensive for someone who says "You don't know me so please keep quiet". Technically you're not thieving, but that's really some disingenuous crap you're pulling here (even for EBGames); It's not much different from the scum that buy up all the $5 CC clearance games just to sell them. Yeah, maybe "Thief" is too strong a word, but "hypocrite" seems to fit. Hopefully it's a term you can live "wiht".

[quote name='drsuper23']Please explain to me how I'm being a THEIF??? Please use correct spelling

BTW, shaqfu you.

I apologize to everyone else who I might have offended with what I say. I just hate when people go on the attack with their moral authority. Specially someone wiht the IQ of a hammer.[/QUOTE]

if you would have gotten store credit than you would have received like $10 or so, depending on what you got rid of. BUT since you decided that you wanted to get GT4 they gave you that for free. Which means that if you were to return the game you would have gotten back the amount the trade ins are really worth. I work for EB i know what im talking about. The person at the EB you went to the first time did the right thing. But the second store are air heads. YES that is stealing. END OF STORY

Hey jrbernal, are you still going to post that list? I have quite a few games to be traded in here, and I'd like to see what would work at the minimum trade-in value :)

[quote name='jrbernal83']if you would have gotten store credit than you would have received like $10 or so, depending on what you got rid of. BUT since you decided that you wanted to get GT4 they gave you that for free. Which means that if you were to return the game you would have gotten back the amount the trade ins are really worth. I work for EB i know what im talking about. The person at the EB you went to the first time did the right thing. But the second store are air heads. YES that is stealing. END OF STORY[/QUOTE]

gee guys, calm down.

i work at EB too and if someone tried to pull this on me, i would also refuse because i wouldn't want to put my job on the line. but i wouldn't go as far to say that the people at the second store are "air heads". maybe if EB paid its employees a little better...(then again, i get paid less than what the other employees were hired at despite having more experience so maybe i'm the only one who's disgruntled)

[quote name='jrbernal83']if you would have gotten store credit than you would have received like $10 or so, depending on what you got rid of. BUT since you decided that you wanted to get GT4 they gave you that for free. Which means that if you were to return the game you would have gotten back the amount the trade ins are really worth. I work for EB i know what im talking about. The person at the EB you went to the first time did the right thing. But the second store are air heads. YES that is stealing. END OF STORY[/QUOTE]

I AGREE let this be end of story but jbernal83 can't eb easily do something about this like not accept returns in any way for games that were purchased via any promotion !

bread's done
Back