GT5 - Is B-Spec broken?

6er

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
scouring the internet, there is an unlimited supply of hate for B-spec mode. I think it may be broken, IMO, when my level 5 driver can't, in a level 3 race, pass a 40 year old car with 120HP with a lambo LP560, ON THE STRAIGHTAWAY, I tend to think something is wrong. I know the AI is horrid(it sad when NFS recent games have smarter AI), but this is stupid.

and no, I not a forza guy, I've owned and loved every GT until Prologue, but 5 years for this?!?

I'll continue loving and tearing up A-spec and forget this abomination exists in the game.

People need to learn you can't solve things by throwing the biggest fastest car at the problem. Try racing that lambo with all the driver aids turned off and see how difficult it is. Spinning out on the straight aways is not difficult to do, that's why the AI driver is taking it easy. Under skilled driver in a high horse power machine is a recipe for a disaster.

[quote name='iwannadie']People need to learn you can't solve things by throwing the biggest fastest car at the problem. Try racing that lambo with all the driver aids turned off and see how difficult it is. Spinning out on the straight aways is not difficult to do, that's why the AI driver is taking it easy. Under skilled driver in a high horse power machine is a recipe for a disaster.[/QUOTE]

I was using a modified elan in the historic races and was winning by 6 to 10 seconds, my b spec guy can't stay in 5th. GT4 b spec was much more rounded. I used to be a GT fanboy, this game is ugh. 5 years for MAJOR letdown. 800 cars with rough graphics, pathethic damage system, no matchmaking, boring upgrade system, can't even paint some of the cars. Forza fanboys must be laughing their heads off.

and I wasn't asking a question, this is a discussion on b spec.

disappointing? perhaps.

but i don't think any gt "fan" would bring up the inability to draw on your car as a negative.

and no, I not a forza guy
why so defensive? nobody here has a grudge against forza.

[quote name='6er']and I wasn't asking a question, this is a discussion on b spec.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at the thread title as :
GT5 - Is B-Spec broken?

Every English class I have ever taken says that this is a direct question, not a discussion. To answer your question, it is not broken.

Again, you will get more input in the GT5 thread. I asked some pointed questions that you didn't answer. Go to the thread and Mad39er has a B-spec primer, but you probably think you are better than that.

Maybe you should just state "I hate B-Spec" and leave it at that. And who cares about Forza fanboy anyway since this is a PS3 forum. It would be like posting about Gears of War and saying out Resistance fanboy laughs. Does it matter?

It's funny how a little hate intrigues me--now I want to play it! I haven't touched B-Spec or online yet as I've barely managed to scratch the surface of what this game has to offer after 5 hours of play.

The amount of content that is here, albeit at the price of one hefty install and still lagging loading screens, is amazing for $60 by today's standards.

This game is truly fan service--and challenging, at least for me.

Does some of the content that's there maybe not belong, overkill, or is not perfect, sure, but for me the game is still a 9 and would be with A-Spec alone, but that's just my opinion. Funny though that people not liking B-Spec makes me want to try it, lol.

I'm also thinking some patches are on the way and probably very soon...hopefully if it is broken it can be fixed with an update, seeing the care they took in some others and not so much in others would leave me to believe after 5 years the team was still rushed, amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the B-spec mode would've been better if you trained your driver at the track, then had the actual races auto-race, or speed up significantly.

I find it extremely boring to sit there and watch the AI drive on the course. It's like sitting outside of a store watching a game demo...why would I want to do that?

bread's done
Back