GTA 4 : PS3 : $38 Shipped

Blockbuster used are previously rented games. Personally I never buy games that have been rented - they tend to show quite a lot of wear and tear.

Especially the with popularity of this game, I would advice against getting it used

Blu-ray seems to be more resistant to scratches (I think). You can certainly check the stock and if it's scratched up don't buy it but I would definitely check at blockbuster first. The blockbuster deal though has been around for a while so not sure if it'll be hard to find now.

not too good of a game... it didnt live up to its expectations! thanks though
CAGsmily!.gif

[quote name='Chargers1987']not too good of a game... it didnt live up to its expectations! thanks though
CAGsmily%21.gif
[/quote]

Its a great game IMO. GOTY for me.

It was never going to live up to the hype and expectations that it received. It was the most hyped game probably ever, definitely the most hyped this generation.

[quote name='sunil247']Blockbuster used are previously rented games. Personally I never buy games that have been rented - they tend to show quite a lot of wear and tear.

Especially the with popularity of this game, I would advice against getting it used[/quote]

I never understand this type of thinking. Yes, its possible you get a well worn game, however, I've purchased 8 GTAs for both 360 and PS3 over the last week for flipping and only one had even the hint of a scuff and when I trade that one in today, I did not get hit with a refurb fee from GS.

There's a flipside to the popularity, that with the popularity they tend to overbuy copies by leaps and bounds. My local BBV probably had 100+ GTA IVs over both systems at one time, it was on the regular movie new release wall and was never fully rented out or at least was always in whenever I was in there.

There's ways to prevent getting a well worn or incomplete game:

1. Ask to see the disc before purchasing and look inside the case.
2. If you dont do #1, keep the receipt. If its scuffed, take it back. They have a 30 day return policy.

#1 stops any well worn games being purchased.

$14.99 for this game + the chance to get another decent game, or at least something that you can trade in at another store to put towards something else you really want is a steal. GTA IV will not be 14.99 new for a long time, and I'd be willing to bet out of the multitude I've gotten, most have never been played. It breaks down to $7.50 for GTA IV.

[quote name='sunil247']Blockbuster used are previously rented games. Personally I never buy games that have been rented - they tend to show quite a lot of wear and tear.

Especially the with popularity of this game, I would advice against getting it used[/QUOTE]

For a savings of $25, I'd say it's very much worth it. Plus, you get a 30-day return policy at BBV on used games, so it's a no-lose proposition.

Besides, the price listed is pretty much standard for GTA 4 now, anyway.

Especially the with popularity of this game, I would advice against getting it used[/quote]

Most of my collection (hundreds of games) is bought from used/rented games...and I've never had a game that doesn't work. If you did happen to get a game that didn't work, you can easily switch it for a working copy with no hassle. The only people I don't recommend buying used games are people who like wasting their money on overpriced new games. Of course, there will always be those games that you want to buy right away or buy to support the developer.

[quote name='no_exit']I purchased one from BBV a couple of days ago. The disc was in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The disc looked like it had NEVER been touched. Plus, I got Dark Sector with it for free, so I got BOTH for $14.99 TOTAL.

For $38, I can buy ~6 copies of GTA 4 at BBV! :)

This whole post is wrong. Blockbuster sells a combo of previous rentals AND trade-ins. Blockbuster won't even take in a trade if it is scratched up badly and a lot of the games are from flippers who just take the plastic off and turn it in.

Plus you could always take the extra 5 seconds and ask to see the disc.

All 10 copies ive bought on PS3 have been in perfect condition.

:whistle2:$

Buy it used at BBV. Especially if you're getting the PS3 version. Scratch protection of Blurays means pretty much flawless discs every time. I've never seen a scratched Bluray.

Visited the BBV and yes the discs are in good condition and yes they do offer 30 day return policy. Previous bad experiences with dvds made me comment.

bread's done
Back