GTA : Episodes From Liberty City ~ $30 @ Amazon.com

GamerDooD

CAGiversary!
gta.png

:D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DC8GMM/

Get it before the price changes again...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough for me to call this DLC a value. Basically combined both packs have 1/2 the number of missions that GTAIV had, and much less than 1/2 on extra content. So pound for pound even if you paid $60 for GTAIV it's less of a value. Considering this is CAG I'd assume most us spent $40 or less.

It's definitely the right step in DLC, but like most DLC you're not getting your money's worth compared to the full game.

I actually was able to get this for $28.xx dollars from Half. Shipping is sadly what killed it since it was $25 dollars without shipping.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']The Ballad of Gay Tony is worth every penny of its original price, but The Lost and Damned was really a bad dlc IMO.[/QUOTE]

I liked TLAD, it was at least better than regular GTAIV. Haven't tried Gay Tony yet though.

I downloaded TBOGT a week or two ago after not playing GTA IV for a good while and it has not aged well in my opinion. The movement and cover systems just feel so clunky now. Only played it for an hour or so then went back to The Saboteur.

Getting both DLC's for ~$15 each is a great deal. TLAD lasted me around 10 hours (didn't play many of the "side mission" stuff) and I imagine the TBoGT is something similar.

I only just started Gay Tony but I think I'll end up liking the story more than TLaD. Only thing I really hate in Gay Tony so far (and GTAIV for that matter) are the god awful helicopter missions so I might end up giving TLAD the edge in the gameplay dept for not having those.

If I didn't get this for Christmas I'd definitely jump on this. I really liked lost and damned, but have yet to play gay Tony

Question, do achievements from the standalone package operate separately from GTA4 if you have it?

I have TLATD, but I do not have TBOGT. I figure I might as well wait until this combined package is around $20 or so as opposed to paying a full $20 for just TBOGT over Live (unless that magically does on sale at some point). I wouldn't mind playing through TLATD again, anyway and extra achievements would sweeten it.

For future reference as it is sort of irrelevant at this point as there's no way I'd pay an extra 10 to just get repeated achievements.

bread's done
Back