GTA IV: Complete (360) $29.99 on Amazon

OT but this is one of the reasons why I buy used sometimes. GTA IV has been out over 3 years and the DLCs over 2 years (almost for Gay Tony) and they are still selling this for $40 normally. You DO get a ton for that price but at some point the publishers should know the best way to curb used sales is to drop the price again. Maybe I am completely wrong but if they dropped this to $20 people would try it out new instead of a used copy. I guess people would just buy it at $15 used then...sigh...

great deal for $30. I bought it shortly after release (and both DLC's) and really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people say its not as good as San Andreas but I think its great and well worth $30

[quote name='cancerman1120']OT but this is one of the reasons why I buy used sometimes. GTA IV has been out over 3 years and the DLCs over 2 years (almost for Gay Tony) and they are still selling this for $40 normally. You DO get a ton for that price but at some point the publishers should know the best way to curb used sales is to drop the price again. Maybe I am completely wrong but if they dropped this to $20 people would try it out new instead of a used copy. I guess people would just buy it at $15 used then...sigh...[/QUOTE]

I really agree with you, but at the same time you have to consider how much Microsoft sells this DLC for in their marketplace, its absurd. DLC prices definitely influence how much hard copies of games sell for. I agree this game is way overpriced, and as much as I want to give it a shot I have to consider the large number of games coming out soon that I want to try. I think that (DLC) is the main reason this game costs as much as it does.

I can drop $30-$40 on a three year old game with a strong (yet dwindling) community that possibly has a sequel coming out next year that will further kill the community. Or I can wait until fall and buy some of the many NEW games that will be coming out and everybody on my friends' list will be playing. It's a no-brainer, and its the reason why even though I'm the one who posted this deal, I probably won't be picking it up.

bread's done
Back