GTA IV Deals - Red and White Edition!

N1c0_ds

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Since most of the promised deals won't probably work in Canada, I decided to make a thread for you to spot the GTA IV launch deals. The free gamerpic tokens are probably bundled with all the games because the american brothers of these stores are all offering them.

Here's what we know:

FUTURESHOP
-Free token for 4 gamerpics (both versions)
-Free cap (black cap with "IV" in yellow on it)

EBGAMES
-Free poster
-Free token for gamerpics

BESTBUY
-Fuzzy dice

THE REAL CANADIAN SUPERSTORE
-1400 MS Points card

HMV
-Free shirt

ROGERS VIDEO
-70$ booklet (?)

THAT'S IT!

[quote name='kathos']I'm only seeing the regular version and it's set at $59.99 now. Unless I'm missing a link or something.[/quote]

You're right, it's gone :(

Amazon.ca and apply the $10-off coupon code. This will bring the regular edition down to $49.99, and the LE to $79.99.

If you're not to eager to get it on day one, this is probably the best deal out there now (aside from trade 3 at EB)

[quote name='GrereX']At Eb games when i reserved it they gave me a poster a 4 free gamerpics.[/quote]

They gave you these already? or you get them when you pick up the game. I preordered mine a long time ago and didn't receive anything at that time.

[quote name='moosebox']They gave you these already? or you get them when you pick up the game. I preordered mine a long time ago and didn't receive anything at that time.[/quote]

Nevermind, I just dropped by the shop and they gave me my free stuff...thanks

When I went into pre-order it at EB the other day, the guy was walking to the back room afterwards and grabbed a box of the game (in shrink wrap, it was like a promo box or something) and said here it's yours. He kind of smiled funny and said it sarcastically, so I thought he was joking and just left it there. That wasn't something I should have kept......was it? :whistle2:#

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Real Canadian Super Store
Buy GTA IV for the 360 and get a 1400 Points card for free with coupon in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

dang, you'd be crazy not to go with this one... unless you're REALLY into gamerpics.

anyone know what is EB's policy on preordering of a game? I paid it off at EB, but I would rather pick it up at the RCSS? I'm assuming I'll just need to switch that money over to another game?

[quote name='Zowsky']anyone know what is EB's policy on preordering of a game? I paid it off at EB, but I would rather pick it up at the RCSS? I'm assuming I'll just need to switch that money over to another game?[/quote]

Yes.

It's too bad Superstore isn't getting the Special Edition, or I'd be getting it there.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Yes.

It's too bad Superstore isn't getting the Special Edition, or I'd be getting it there.[/quote]

The soundtrack will be awesome, but it's not worth the extra bucks.

[quote name='Zowsky']anyone know what is EB's policy on preordering of a game? I paid it off at EB, but I would rather pick it up at the RCSS? I'm assuming I'll just need to switch that money over to another game?[/quote]You can try to ask for them to put the amount on a gift card instead.

I assume that Superstore will/should have the game Tuesday morning? (Don't want to miss out on the chance to get the free points card!)

sweet, I didn't even think about the extras. Superstore has the best by far, gonna have to pick it up there.

Thanks a million

[quote name='mrelusive']You can try to ask for them to put the amount on a gift card instead.[/quote]
One time I had a game preordered at EB with trade-in credit. Bought the game at Best Buy and they transferred the preorder credit to what was essentially a gift card I guess, it called an Edge card or something. I don't remember if it was a problem but I think they were confused that I didn't want to just transfer the credit to another game. There were no other games I wanted at the time so they gave me the card.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']One time I had a game preordered at EB with trade-in credit. Bought the game at Best Buy and they transferred the preorder credit to what was essentially a gift card I guess, it called an Edge card or something. I don't remember if it was a problem but I think they were confused that I didn't want to just transfer the credit to another game. There were no other games I wanted at the time so they gave me the card.[/quote]Yeah, makes sense. If you traded in games for it they will just dump the credit onto an EDGE card (which stores trade-in credits). If you pre-ordered with money instead, they will dump that credit onto a gift card (as was my case).

[quote name='Zowsky']anyone know what is EB's policy on preordering of a game? I paid it off at EB, but I would rather pick it up at the RCSS? I'm assuming I'll just need to switch that money over to another game?[/quote]

I usually just get it switched to another game and they're happy to do it. I mean, more interest for them right?

Do we have to preorder to get the points card from Superstore? I'm pretty sure Dell is going to screw us with a huge backlog on orders (again), so I'd rather just cancel my order there and pick up the points card tomorrow

edit: Ahhh coupon, found it on superstore's online site. I think I'm going to fence with Dell's Indian militia to get my order cancelled. Great thread :)

homiebear: The coupon specifically says Xbox 360 on it, so it might be a bit of an ordeal to get the points card with the ps3 version, if it's possible at all.

I just purchased my copy of GTA IV at the real canadian superstore (Don mills & Eglinton) and they said they had never received any points cards! Let me know if anyone succeeds with this deal!

[quote name='julesearl']I just purchased my copy of GTA IV at the real canadian superstore (Don mills & Eglinton) and they said they had never received any points cards! Let me know if anyone succeeds with this deal![/quote]

I succeeded with the Superstore deal.

@ Kanata, ON
~9:15AM EST

I think I got lucky, because I'm hearing of a lot of outcomes like yours, julesearl. It looks like a lot of the Superstores either don't have any 1400 cards or have them in the back but "can't find them," from what I read on a certain other forum.

Bastards! I want my 1400 points card, that's the best deal i've seen in awhile. I'm writing a complaint email and i'll post the details for anyone else who was scammed out of the deal!

I meant to go yesterday and actually inquire about it... you'd expect them to have some points cards coming in for the promo, but I don't think that was the case. I was there a few days ago and they didn't have any. Sorta sucks

In the end it didn't matter too much -- I was hoping to get the deal, but I had an almost completely paid off preorder at EB. Too bad I didn't know in advance -- I drove by last night at their midnight event after work (around 1 a.m.) and there was a line of about 10 people outside... so I thought "screw that, I'll check Superstore tomorrow." This morning the line at EB was worse.

(Wouldn't have bought at EB if I didn't have a pile of credit, though.... the preorder "bonus" is pretty weak).

[quote name='SickBoy'](Wouldn't have bought at EB if I didn't have a pile of credit, though.... the preorder "bonus" is pretty weak).[/quote]Yeah. I shouldn't have bought mine from EB. I don't know where the heck I would actually hang up the poster. Enough eyes roll near me at work because of my Big Daddy figurine. :lol:

i went to the superstore today too and picked up my game.

no points cards though - they hadnt gotten their shipment or something yet? but i had a manager write that they owe me a card and sign the back of my reciept. so he essentially gave me approval for a raincheck thats good for the duration of the coupon.

Anyone who ordered GTA4 from Dell.ca get a shipping confirmation yet? My copy of Smash Bros was delivered a day after release date, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case with this.

If anyone is thinking of getting the fuzzy dice from BB and return the game later, forget about it. It's probably gone by now, but even if you find one you will have to live with the game. They do scan the dice onto your reciept.

no luck at Superstore in Calgary.

bah, I'll wait for the PC version (if there is going to be one) or a patch for the console versions.

[quote name='CHW']Anyone who ordered GTA4 from Dell.ca get a shipping confirmation yet? My copy of Smash Bros was delivered a day after release date, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case with this.[/quote]

The only people I've read about having the game shipped from Dell are the people who preordered the game last year. As usual, Dell oversold their games. They even had another sale on GTA4 yesterday, when they're already backlogged by a couple of weeks on last month's preorders. I just ended up cancelling my order and picking the game up at Superstore, Dell's pretty shady :(

bread's done
Back