GTA IV Lockbox Amazon bundle-$29.99 for PS3,$21.37 for 360 plus shipping

According to a few friends who ordered this already, the product features says it comes with just the game(greatest hits version), lockbox with keys and the GTA IV artbook and NOT the artbook, lockbox w/ keys, keychain, dufflebag and soundtrack CD like the special edition.

Here's the link for the page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00485RURO/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

[quote name='Product Features']
Grand Theft Auto IV on the Playstation 3
The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV.[/quote]

The special edition, with all of the stuff mentioned above(artbook, cd, keychain, dufflebag, lockbox and game) is also available but only the 360 version is in stock from Amazon. It's available from Amazon for $56.82.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-A..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1294212595&sr=1-2

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's a pretty good deal. I only ever rented GTAIV back in 2008, and am pretty tempted by this.

Only the lack of DLC is keeping me from biting at this point...

I paid $90 for the full special edition at launch at midnight at a Wally World. Then last year sometime Blockbuster clearanced the special editions down to $29.99.:cry::whistle2:#

I didn't like this game at all, still would buy the special edition for kicks but not my taste. Good deal though.

Hmm... Tempted to trade my old copy to Amazon and pick this up for 7 bucks. The red box of shame is kind of the dealbreaker for me though...

[quote name='n1c0']Hmm... Tempted to trade my old copy to Amazon and pick this up for 7 bucks. The red box of shame is kind of the dealbreaker for me though...[/QUOTE]

I agree. I refused to buy any GH title. Original or bust is my motto.

I was wondering how long it'd be before the GH thing would pop up. I only posted the deal because I figured the lockbox by itself was worth the price.;) But I can understand people's reluctance.

Yeah, it's just a quirk. The GH boxes are a bit of an eyesore.

Though I guess I could always just trade the GH copy back and keep the lockbox for 7 bucks.

Alright, in for one.

You could always go to a Gamestop, pick up the game with the original packaging and put the game back in the GH packaging and return it for full refund within 7 days.

[quote name='n1c0']Yeah, it's just a quirk. The GH boxes are a bit of an eyesore.

Though I guess I could always just trade the GH copy back and keep the lockbox for 7 bucks.

Alright, in for one.[/QUOTE]

The box is nice, but the lock sucks. Do you know if the lock on the lockbox can be replaced? If so, where can you find a lock that can fit?

[quote name='nixmahn']GTV IV PS3 TIV is 10.50.
Is the lock box worth 4.18?[/QUOTE]

It certainly is of a sturdy build, but it's not really made for anything in particular (you could actually try using it like a lock box I suppose but do you really need one?), and IMO it doesn't really make for a great display piece since its just a black metal box. I didn't find the art book to be very compelling either.

[quote name='nixmahn']GTV IV PS3 TIV is 10.50.
Is the lock box worth 4.18?[/QUOTE]
It was worth it for me(have my coin collection in it;)) and I paid $90 for the special edition originally.

FYI: Some of the concept art for the game can actually be seen on the streets in the game. Those easels you see in various sections of the city have pictures of characters from the game on them. But you typically need a sniper rifle to zoom in on them and aiming that almost always gets you a wanted level.:cry:

[quote name='hotwls13']Sweet, just ordered 360 version for the lock-box. Now to find somewhere to unload the game.[/QUOTE]
The game by itself gets $8.50 at Amazon for trade. :D And $5 and $5.30 at Best Buy and Toys R Us respectively.

PS3 is 14.68 and TIV for game only is 10.50.
4.18 for art book and to keep my games nicely displayed seems ok to me.

I sold my copy of the game on ebay for $21 shipped, which is about $12 after fees. I'll put that towards the complete edition which I missed out on getting from Kmart for 19.99.

got the PS3 version, traded the game back to amazon, will give the lockbox to the wifey cause she wants one. not bad 4 bucks and change. Thanks op!

I picked up one of these with the second $15 promo credit Amazon gave me in lieu of the full promo credit for the games Nor-Am fuckin' rejected.:roll:

Oh well. My copy of GTA IV has a small scratch on it anyway, so I'll swap it out with the one from this set and trade mine into the local shop for $10-ish hopefully.;)

FYI: The price went up $.21 to $14.89 for the PS3 version.

I just got my copy of this that I ordered yesterday. It does contain a red case greatest hits version of the game, but still a damn great value.

I tried adding 999 to my Amazon cart and it took the whole order, so apparently they have TONS of this left.

I just got mine today for the PS3. Great deal.. Very fast shipping.. I was just wondering what the U-Shaped piece of metal was for.. Anyone know??

Snagged one yesterday for the 360 as I didn't feel like waking up to check the Complete one. (Plus, I'll get the DLC eventually from Bing Rewards)

[quote name='almosthere13']I just got mine today for the PS3. Great deal.. Very fast shipping.. I was just wondering what the U-Shaped piece of metal was for.. Anyone know??[/QUOTE]Is it not attached to the lockbox? If it's thin and round, it might be the handle.

[quote name='Kingrodedog']Juego Deals was claiming this to be $13.99 shipped less than 5 hours ago and its showing $21.37 for me. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Back to $29.99 for Ps3 is what it's showing for me[/QUOTE]

Same here for both. I PMed IATCG about it. He just hasnt gotten to it yet I guess. :cool:

[quote name='wrencrest']Same here for both. I PMed IATCG about it. He just hasnt gotten to it yet I guess. :cool:[/QUOTE]
The 360 version is showing $21.37 or so for me, but the PS3 version is back to $29.99.:cry:

Thing is, this deal was up for about two weeks and valid for just about that long. Although the price did keep going up incrementally based on the stock Amazon had.

Personally I still think it's worth $30 for the PS3 and 360 versions, since the lockbox is real metal and not some junk ass cardboard shit like those Little Big Planet 2 CE bookends are.:roll: So $15 for the game, $15 for the artbook and locking metal lockbox with keys is still a decent deal.

OR

If you guys have a Blockbuster with one of the GTA IV Special Editions at it still it SHOULD be $29.99 new in store there. That version includes a dufflebag, keychain, soundtrack cd, artbook and the lockbox besides the game itself. Hell of a deal.

[quote name='darkpice']got the PS3 version, traded the game back to amazon, will give the lockbox to the wifey cause she wants one. not bad 4 bucks and change. Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did :) The lockbox is nicer then i had thought.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Exactly what I did :) The lockbox is nicer then i had thought.[/QUOTE]
I've had one since I picked up the Special Edition around midnight at launch for $90.:cry: The lock is a bit weak, but the fact that it does lock and is made of real metal makes it well worth it.:D

Thanks IATCG I picked up the 360 version and plan to trade the game back to Amazon. I have been needing a lock box and this is a very good deal.

Edit: Got it today and the safety deposit box is pretty sturdy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The XBox price has fluctuated again to $19.56... so less than $1 more than the normal PH.

I'm only posting this, however, as a heads up for anyone on the fence about getting this or the complete. Major Nelson has announced that January 25th-31st 2K will be holding half off deals on a lot of DLC including GTA IV. So Lost & Damned should only be 400 and Ballad of Gay Tony 800.

Bump. Price is still fluctuating downward for the 360. It's now showing up at $16.75.

And again, the DLC is still on sale until for $15 total until the 31st.

wow good deal, especialy if your a game collector, though i remember GTA 4 was my first ps3 game and i was like, "did the the store gave me a PS2 game"

bread's done
Back