GTA IV Lost and the Damned DLC - Are you buying it? - POLL

[quote name='Ice Cold']#1. considering some people dumb people paid $30 for Oblivion DLC this is cheap
.[/QUOTE]

As one of those 'dumb' people, the Shivering Isles expansion was more fun for me than most full priced games.

I'll be picking this expansion up since I have the points from MS point cards I got a Xmas presents. I'm one of those that thought Saint's Row 2 was more fun, but I played and beat both GTAIV and SR2 already, and I'm hoping that this expansion adds a little more variety to the missions that was lacking in the main game.

My only issue now is the fact that I'll probably keep hitting the left bumper for cruise control all the time after playing SR2.

I really feel the idea of driving from one place killing someone driving back and doing the same thing was overdone in the mainstoryline

[quote name='whiptcracker']As one of those 'dumb' people, the Shivering Isles expansion was more fun for me than most full priced games.

I'll be picking this expansion up since I have the points from MS point cards I got a Xmas presents. I'm one of those that thought Saint's Row 2 was more fun, but I played and beat both GTAIV and SR2 already, and I'm hoping that this expansion adds a little more variety to the missions that was lacking in the main game.

My only issue now is the fact that I'll probably keep hitting the left bumper for cruise control all the time after playing SR2.[/quote]

I got the SI expansion for $20 at Best Buy, put it on my drive, then sold it on ebay for $25. XBLM needs to learn that lowering prices is key to increase sales. Hell, they still haven't lowered the price of PAA Episode 1 while it's less everywhere else now.

Anyways...still not buying it. It looks like more of the same to me, and you know what? I still don't want more GTA. Also, when are we going to see the results for this poll?

Timing-wise, this hits me about right. I finally got around to finishing GTA4 in December. $20 seems a bit steep though - is it really the same value as a third of a new game? I'm guessing no.

So, I'll probably not buy it. There may end up being a drunken 2am purchase if I'm short on other things to play at some point too...

O yes i will be buying it i am the biggest fan its is asom its geting boring just geting achivements from it so i will be buying it:)

[quote name='GTAFanBoy']O yes i will be buying it i am the biggest fan its is asom its geting boring just geting achivements from it so i will be buying it:)[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true fan of GTA.

[quote name='DanD326']Am I the only one who thinks that screenshot could be a pic of Jason Kidd?[/QUOTE]
I think he looks more like that Drum and Bass DJ Goldie.

I played more of GTA4 this week, and I wish to take all the bad things I said back.
ITS AWESOME! :D
But, I'm still not getting the DLC.

Aside from the initial download, you won't need an Xbox Live connection to play L&D. Unlike some downloadable content, there's no online verification required. So if the 'net goes down, you can still take L&D for a spin.
Interesting.

[quote name='IGN']One thing's for certain: Rockstar isn't dicking around with horse armor. [/QUOTE]

Poor Bethesda... Anyhow, this looks like it might be good, I'll have to pick up GTA IV one of these days, it's hard with the family around to play it at all though, I wish more games would do the gears language/gore filter.

I am thinking about it, but I would much rather pay $15 for it than the suggested $20. Also, doesn't help that I am thinking they are going to release a standalone disc with all the dlc sometime in the future, at a discount to.

I originally bought and beat the ps3 version, when gamefly had GTAIV for the 360 on sale for $20 i bought a copy just to play the lost and the damned so i'm definitely buying it

[quote name='Foo228']I am thinking about it, but I would much rather pay $15 for it than the suggested $20. Also, doesn't help that I am thinking they are going to release a standalone disc with all the dlc sometime in the future, at a discount to.[/quote]

Hmm, I hadn't heard of this. I might wait until this drops to $15.

I'll probably buy it only if and ONLY IF they actually ad something of value besides new missions. My only real complaint for this GTA was the lack of crazy over the top vehicles,weapons, things to do ect. I hope they try to go a little over the top with this dlc since its a separate thing from their griddy realistic story about Niko.

a couple guys on Gametrailerstv were more impressed than they had expected to be.
But for what it's worth, there is no way I will buy this until I've heard feedback from others.

[quote name='help1']Hmm, I hadn't heard of this. I might wait until this drops to $15.[/quote]

People keep talking about the price dropping but that really doesn't seem to happen on XBL (other than random sales that seem to focus on MUCh older/less desireable games). I guess you can hold out and hope they release it on disc (in which case you could pick up a used/discounted copy). But I for one will be very surprised if this just drops to $15 or $10 at some point in the next year or two.

[quote name='help1']Hmm, I hadn't heard of this. I might wait until this drops to $15.[/quote]

Do you honestly believe this will drop in price? Really? Let me refer you to the Shivering Isles expansion of Oblivion, which is STILL $30 on the Marketplace. You can get the GOTY edition, which includes that and the game for $30.

Just read this on G4 news
According to Rockstar PR rep Steve Hahnel, “We wanted the new episodes to live up to the promise of downloadable content. So much of DLC is just a piece of new armor or a map pack. We’re delivering a full narrative, bigger than a lot of standalone games. The Lost and Damned is a serious story$ -- it’s not just biker gangway and f****** around.”

WTF, I just wanna blow crap up and do some crazy ass car stunts. Whats with all the seriousness

[quote name='yukafls']WTF, I just wanna blow crap up and do some crazy ass car stunts. Whats with all the seriousness[/quote]

Have you seen the new grenade launcher?!:hot:

[quote name='odintal']the whole reason i got the 360 version was for the dlc. wouldn't make sense to skip it.[/QUOTE]

+1 picking it up day 1

also think its a pretty good deal for 1600 points - should set a new bar for DLC

Last edited by a moderator:
Digitally distributed content has no shelf life. There is no need for a sale to "make room." The price will stay high for as long as possible and only be reduced after the current pricepoint attains saturation...which won't be for a very, very long time. For everybody not willing to buy at this price, there's probably 10-15 consumers who will. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

10+ hours of gameplay, new vehicles, weapons, music, internet sites, tv shows. New environments to go into, more MP modes, better motorcycle controls. This game could sell for 30-40 bucks if it was on a disc. Its just like a "GTA liberty city/vice city stories" game they made for PSP/PS2. If anyone thinks 20 bucks is too much for this, they are crazy.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Digitally distributed content has no shelf life. There is no need for a sale to "make room." The price will stay high for as long as possible and only be reduced after the current pricepoint attains saturation...which won't be for a very, very long time. For everybody not willing to buy at this price, there's probably 10-15 consumers who will. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.[/quote]

Well, I'd say 80% of the stuff on XBLM has gone far beyond their saturation points, especially themes (the old, crappy ones) and gamerpics for games YOU CANNOT GET ANYMORE. And what about DLC for games no one plays anymore either? Why charge for it if no one's playing?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Wow, I'm amazed at the results. They're as close to even as you can get...[/quote]

Yea really, haha.

Also, to those who say that this wont have any shelf life, what about stores that have the boxes for those downloadable codes? Just like MS points are eventually discounted, I could see those being discounted as well.

If it was $15 then all the people saying they'd get it for $15 would say "I'd get it if it were $10." For every piece of content on XBLM there's someone who says "I'd get it if it were this much cheaper." But the truth is they'd never get it unless it were free. At least that's what I think.

Totally related: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/8/8/

[quote name='bs000']If it was $15 then all the people saying they'd get it for $15 would say "I'd get it if it were $10." For every piece of content on XBLM there's someone who says "I'd get it if it were this much cheaper." But the truth is they'd never get it unless it were free. At least that's what I think.

Totally related: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/8/8/[/quote]

Well i somewhat agree. Some people are just mr pinch penny, and want everything cheaper than regular price. But i think Braid was complained about, because when comparing it to other games on xbla, the price was higher than anything before it. So now comes GTA IV DLC thats 20 bucks! Is anything on XBLM that costs 20 dollars? Some people may see that as too much compared to the previous prices we have seen for DLC on other games. But comparing it to a full disc game that costs 60 dollars, or even one of the 2 GTA Stories games that cost 30 bucks, it seems like a cheap price to pay.

Not buying this content for $20, and wanting it for $15, is ridiculous considering the amount of content you're getting.

[quote name='Rocko']Not buying this content for $20, and wanting it for $15, is ridiculous considering the amount of content you're getting.[/quote]
I don't follow this logic ... it's a completely new story with a few new weapons to boot. People payed $40 - $60 for Mirror's Edge or Force Unleashed and BOTH didn't have this amount of play time to them. Once I get further in GTA IV I'm gonna grab this.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']$20 is ridiculous for 10 hours of proffesional done story missions? I'd hate to see your opinion on SF4.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I don't follow this logic ... it's a completely new story with a few new weapons to boot. People payed $40 - $60 for Mirror's Edge or Force Unleashed and BOTH didn't have this amount of play time to them. Once I get further in GTA IV I'm gonna grab this.[/QUOTE]

You guys might want to read my post again.

bread's done
Back