GTA IV Lost and the Damned DLC - Are you buying it? - POLL

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']
Did anyone else notice the graphics though? They seem high-def and detailed, just much more eh...grainy?[/QUOTE]

That's already been discussed. It's a new rendering technique.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Well..didnt get to play much at all..but I did manage to get 2 missions in. Loving the bikes so far.

Did anyone else notice the graphics though? They seem high-def and detailed, just much more eh...grainy?[/quote]

You can turn off the grainy effect. Go to display and turn off the "noise effect."

I don't know why rockstar does this with its games. It had that annoying blur motion in Vice City, thank god there was an option to turn it off.

i played about 6 missions...so far its really fun...i dont mind the 'grain' - gives fresh look to the city and fits with the biker vibe...

the bikes handle much better now...also love the grenade launcher and the death metal radio station...

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Looks like you may be in the same boat with me and several other people. I had random freezing issues so I re-downloaded it.... same thing. So far I can't even get to the first save area because it stops on me so much. After looking around I noticed a lot of people are having the same problem. I hope R gets on a patch or explanation soon.[/quote]

I don't think you have to re-download it, just retry launching the game. It happened like after the fourth time.

You can turn off the grainy effect. Go to display and turn off the "noise effect."

I don't know why rockstar does this with its games. It had that annoying blur motion in Vice City, thank god there was an option to turn it off.

Um two words here, Mass Effect...:lol: Yea I turned it off the first chance I could.

Im having fun with it. Its cool riding around as a gang. Only one problem is saving. I hate doing a mission only to drive all the way back just to save. Because i save after every mission. Another bar or two would have been nice to save at.

It should auto save but maybe that's later on. I just did Stubbs mission and I get the message, he's a dick lol. Yea I'm really liking the instant play for online and the new weapons kick ass.

Well i just beat the game. There are
missions in all. My time says 6 hours and 48 minutes, but i always reloaded a save when i failed a mission. So thats more or less how long it would take you to beat it if you passed each mission on the first try. Overall its pretty good, but short. But i cant complain for 20 bucks, its as long as some 60 dollar games. The story is okay, but the ending is disappointing in a way.

In the end...(dont read if you dont want to know the ending!)
You end up losing mostly everyone in your gang, you quit the gang, and burn the gang hideout down. Now this makes no sense since you can do gang wars after you beat the game, and plus what was the point in having the wall of lost gang members if after you beat the game you cant see it? Plus it was a cool place to do arm wrestling, cards, pool, internet, tv, arcade, stripper...it had it all in one place. The 2nd safehouse you get is a piece of shit, and its really annoying trying to get around in there, nevermind it has NO FRONT DOOR.

I dunno....i like it but i dont really care for the ending too much.

IGN said in their video review, that a previous character
Eddie Low would explaine how he escaped prison in this game.
But i really didnt see him. I know there is a mission where you
Take over a prisoner bus and help them escape into a boat. But i didnt see eddie, i could be wrong. But i dont think the guy who eats the officer is him. Is he?

The end credits are really cool though, i wont spoil that.... just watch them when you beat it. ;)

Well my biggest reason for not buying this was I HATE riding motorcycles. They handle like crap and you go flying off if you hit anything.

But it sounds like you all are saying it's easier to ride them in L&D...and I just watched the IGN review so that all sounds awesome. I may have to pick it up. Haven't beat GTA IV yet so I may wait and see if it ever goes on sale anywhere (any chances of that?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to get the 4000 point card at best buy for $45. I watch people play this yesterday and it looks like a totally new game. If it was just single player I wouldn't get it but the multiplayer looks really fun.

4 hours in 19.70%. Done all the races, you can do any of them again to get the 69 dismount achievement. As for the story I think its better than main story.

[quote name='Wolve11']I love the beginning video of the bikers riding around town and Niko bumping into some dude on the sidewalk. Awesome cameo.[/quote]

Yeh i saw that on abit i watched on Youtube

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im having fun with it. Its cool riding around as a gang. Only one problem is saving. I hate doing a mission only to drive all the way back just to save. Because i save after every mission. Another bar or two would have been nice to save at.[/quote]

It auto-saves after every successful mission. Then you can load it if you die on the next mission or whatever. If you fail a mission you can use your phone to retry. And taxis are your friend for getting from point A to B quickly.

[quote name='guyver2077']the cameo was awesome..

im also digging the new music... the beat rules

did they add any music to old stations?[/quote]

I thought I remember them saying they did, but the new stuff would play before the old stuff on the other stations

Liberty Rock Radio has some new tunes, I mostly listen to that now. It's nice to be able to play pool without the darn Massive B radio DJ and looped shouting. Although I'm not really into death metal but its a nice change. It's actually really hard to fall off your bike, I guess Johny is a biker and Niko is well not lol. The races remind me of Mario Kart, that bat feature is hilarious, now all we need are red homing shells haha.

Got it today, my Probably will buy was right.

Don't know if I should replay gta4 or just play some l&d right off the bat.

Hey, I need some help guys...

On the drug mission that goes sour, what is the best way to evade the police? I try taking the high way, but there are too many cops. Any tips?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']any list of what stations have new songs and how many?

also, I dig the grain effect... makes the game feel right with this character IMHO.[/quote]

I think the Beat has a new rap song made just for this game.

It is whack though.

LCHC, The Beat, and Liberty City Rock got new songs.

The new Beat songs:
#
# Busta Rhymes featuring: Young Jeezy & Jadakiss - "Conglomerate"†
# DJ Khaled featuring: Kanye West & T-Pain - "Go Hard"†
# Termanology - "Here in Liberty City"†
# Freeway - "Carjack"†
# Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"†
# T.I. featuring: Swizz Beatz - "Swing Ya Rag"†
# Busta Rhymes featuring: Ron Browz - "Arab Money"†

New LCHC Songs:
#
# Bathory - "Call from the Grave"†
# Cannibal Corpse - "I Cum Blood"†
# Entombed - "Drowned"†
# Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells"†
# Terrorizer - "Fear of Napalm"†
# At the Gates - "Slaughter of the Soul"†
# Deicide - "Dead by Dawn"†

New Liberty Rock songs:
#
# AC/DC - "Touch Too Much"†[10]
# Aerosmith - "Lord of the Thighs"†[11]
# Alice Cooper - "Go To Hell"†[12]
# Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"†[13]
# Deep Purple - "Highway Star"†[14]
# Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"†[15]
# The Doors - "Five to One"†[16]
# Edgar Winter Group - "Free Ride"†[17]
# Foghat - "Drivin' Wheel"†[18]
# Iron Maiden - "Run to the Hills"†[19]
# James Gang - "Funk #49"†[20]
# Jefferson Starship - "Jane"†[21]
# Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special"†[22]
# Mötley Crüe - "Wild Side"†[23]
# Nazareth - "Hair of the Dog"†[24]
# Rod Stewart - "Every Picture Tells A Story"†[25]
# Saxon - "Wheels of Steel"†[26]
# Styx - "Renegade"†[27]

New Radio Broker songs:
#
# Kreeps - "The Hunger (Blood in My Mouth)"†
# Blonde Acid Cult - "Shake It Loose"†
# Kill Memory Crash - "Hell on Wheels"†
# Brazilian Girls - "Nouveau Americain"†
# The Yelling - "Blood on the Steps"†

[quote name='help1']Hey, I need some help guys...

On the drug mission that goes sour, what is the best way to evade the police? I try taking the high way, but there are too many cops. Any tips?
[/quote]

Hit up the nearest pay n spray, thats what i did. Otherwise try to get out of the circle and then squat in a spot as long as cops arent following you. Thats another way i avoid cops.

I dont know why Jim, Clay, and Terry have to live in Bohan. Didnt Rockstar learn from the main game when it comes to doing stuff with friends. Now i have to drive from the hideout to bohan every time i want to hang out.

PS. tried Air hockey tables and its hard. I lost all three rounds.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']LCHC, The Beat, and Liberty City Rock got new songs.
The new Beat songs:
#
# Freeway - "Carjack"†

New LCHC Songs:
#
# Entombed - "Drowned"†

New Liberty Rock songs:
#
# Styx - "Renegade"†[27]

New Radio Broker songs:
#
# The Yelling - "Blood on the Steps"†
[/quote]

thanks, that's actually a huge help.

Now why don't they let you figure out what the song is by your phone. The Zit feature is gone, is that because they stopped using Amazon and went to iTunes instead?!

[quote name='Spybreak8']Now why don't they let you figure out what the song is by your phone. The Zit feature is gone, is that because they stopped using Amazon and went to iTunes instead?![/quote]

I didn't think a lot of the casual gamers even knew about that feature. I was wondering how to do it so I asked in a multiplayer game and everyone said that was never even possible...

Also, I bet the Zit thing had ties to Amazon.com

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']LCHC, The Beat, and Liberty City Rock got new songs.

The new Beat songs:
#
# Freeway - "Carjack"†

New LCHC Songs:
#
# Entombed - "Drowned"†

New Liberty Rock songs:
#
# Styx - "Renegade"†[27]

New Radio Broker songs:
#
# The Yelling - "Blood on the Steps"†[/quote]

Good stuff.. thanks

The only station i really listen to is the beat and san juan. I noticed the beat had new songs right away.

[quote name='LoveLost']Have It and Love it so much I wanna get it pregnant[/quote]
This almost made me LOL when on a conference call. I'm gonna grab this after beating IV. I just now got to the Ray missions where they're talking about The Lost so I definitely want to get through those (anyone know how much further? Just finished the Derrick missions and Ray is the only thing available).

i am when i can find a copy of GTAIV for around 25 used at mckays or on craigslist

i sold my copy awhile back and rebought it on ps3 which im currently trying to sell/trade off

[quote name='Spybreak8']I don't think you have to re-download it, just retry launching the game. It happened like after the fourth time.
[/quote]

Yeah after the 4th time freezing it started to behave itself, but it still does it.
Now it's just at random moments. It can go anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes to HOURS before freezing. No way of telling when it will happen.... but it's still happening.

:wall:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Anyone know what is needed for 100%?

PS, i went to the comedy club and there was a new act....not Kat or Garvis, but a new dude. Some british dude.[/quote]

Kool...im curious to know who. I love my stand up comedians :)

I'm really enjoying LaD. I wasn't the biggest fan of gta iv and while I still think it's too much drive here, drive there gameplay, they vary it up enough to keep it interesting and bikers are an aspect of criminal lifestyle that rockstar hasn't covered yet so the BROTHER-HOOOD and driving as a gang parts are really cool.

So how much of the Lost and the Damned content (if any) can I access from just loading up GTA IV? Like can I do the new mini games with Nico and do the new multiplayer stuff while loading up the old too?

Oh and I realize it's all paid content, in case that sounds wacko. I just mean how seperate the materials are.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Yeah after the 4th time freezing it started to behave itself, but it still does it.
Now it's just at random moments. It can go anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes to HOURS before freezing. No way of telling when it will happen.... but it's still happening.

:wall:[/quote]

When's the last time you did maintenance on your hard drive, sounds like a hard drive problem to me. Hit Y under settings memory of your hard drive and then the combination, X, X, LB, RB, X, X.. GL

Yea wow, the only gripe I have is that cops that hit you during a chase or getaway when you're on your bikes are dicks, you go flying and its all over. You either die from the crash or you get stranded with very little health. I was doing the Marta mission and I got hit by a cop car and I flew off my bike over the bridge supports and into the water below, dead...
I just did Shifting Weights and I must have died 5 or 6 times because I didn't have any body armor and there was no health pickups on the way, seriously poorly designed but awesome mission!:bomb: Although the checkpoints were appreciated especially since after dying and it loaded one of the checkpoints I had full health lol.:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier in the year I beat GTAIV, then beat Saint's Row 2, and was looking forward to this content. Now that I'm playing it I am enjoying the content, but I keep trying to do stuff from Saint's Row 2. During one of the first missions I kept trying to figure out which button was cruise control, man do I wish they'd steal that function.

I like the story so far and the production value is great. All the additional stuff is certainly worth the price. However I was already tired of the 'Go Here, Kill This, Drive Back' missions from GTAIV. I'm glad that they are mastering how they tell a story in a video game, but does Rockstar really need to sacrifice mission variety to do so?

[quote name='Spybreak8']When's the last time you did maintenance on your hard drive, sounds like a hard drive problem to me. Hit Y under settings memory of your hard drive and then the combination, X, X, LB, RB, X, X.. GL
[/quote]

Yeah that's what I figured too. I cleaned up the HD a bit and then did the maintenance thing. Nothing really works. Actually right after trying maintenance and cleaning it froze right away. This time at a cut scene it said "loading" and just stayed there. I let it go thinking it was just taking a long time to load.... but 10 minutes made me thing it was stuck again. Odd thing was I could bring up the blades and go to the dash again this time.

*shrugs* Problems are widespread for a lot of people so I fugure it's just a thing some of us are going to have to deal with for right now.

Nope. I just found out other games are now having problems.
Apparently it has something to do with not reading discs correctly. It gets to a "loading point" and because it's not reading correctly it just sits there. I can hear it spinning but it's not reading.

God this is my 2nd one and I JUST got it. Looks like it's coffin time already!

Rockstar Social Club Members might have recieved an email as I did but sorry the code only works once. In celebrating the launch of The Lost and the Damned you can download
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  • Skyzoo "The Chase Is On"
  • Drive By Audio "Jailbat"
  • Greenskeepers "Vagabond"
for free^^
[/FONT]

[quote name='Spybreak8']Rockstar Social Club Members might have recieved an email as I did but sorry the code only works once. In celebrating the launch of The Lost and the Damned you can download
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  • Skyzoo "The Chase Is On"
  • Drive By Audio "Jailbat"
  • Greenskeepers "Vagabond"
for free^^
[/FONT][/quote]

Aww i got one... anyone wanna trade some MS points for my code?

Does having GTA IV installed affect anything in the DLC? Just wondering.

I played about 2 missions so far. Really haven't played around yet. I didn't even realize it was still Liberty City until I checked the map.

I've gone through 9 missions, a few races (I hate racing on bikes. :/), and a few gang wars. Definitely happy with my purchase. The gang wars alone will be a good hour, at least.

[quote name='Ex~']$20 is a lot. How much gameplay is this, related percentage-wise to the main game?[/quote]

A good 7 hours if you beat every mission on first try and dont do anything but missions. There are only 23 missions. But with the extra dialog, music, vehicles, side missions, extras....if you take your time, read the net after events happen, call up buddies for hanging out, at least 10-12++ hours.

bread's done
Back