gta: san andreas ps2 first edition

Baylro

CAGiversary!
I tried to trade in my gta today at gamestop. The woman at the counter took one look at it and said they could not take it because it was first edition (got it the day it came out). I went on ebay to get a feel for how much it was worth before i try to sell it and I see people advertising first editions but they have Ao ratings. I dont see how the first edition would have a Ao rating because they wouldnt have known about the "hot coffee mod" yet. The copy i have has a M rating.

Anyway.. i was wondering (for gs/eb employess or anyone else) what markings on the front cover prove that this is a first edition cause the chick didnt even have to pick it up off the counter to know.

The first edition was rerated AO, obviously they couldn't change all the boxes of the copies out there though. As others have said, the second edition says Special Edition on the box (and comes with a bonus DVD).

There are no copies with AO. The ones that don't say "special edition" are the original run with the hot coffee mod and are labeled M. They were later re-rated at AO at which point most retailers stopped selling it and rockstar went back and made a "special edition" without the hot coffee.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The first edition was rerated AO, obviously they couldn't change all the boxes of the copies out there though. As others have said, the second edition says Special Edition on the box (and comes with a bonus DVD).[/quote]

so if i ebay it is a M rated first edition worth more than an Ao first edition?

[quote name='Baylro']so if i ebay it is a M rated first edition worth more than an Ao first edition?[/QUOTE]

They all say M on the box, but are actually rated AO. They stopped making them when it was rerated AO.

Some stores stuck AO rating stickers on the game. But they only put them on the outside on the plastic wrap. So once that game was opened it from AO to M

bread's done
Back