GTA: San Andreas (Xbox and PC) 29.99 at CompUSA June 12th-18th - OOS online

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Now OOS online:
Xbox
PC

It was noted in another thread that GTA: San Andreas will be 29.99 for Xbox and PC in the upcoming CompUSA ad for June 12th, by Showstoppa. He said he would get a scan of the ad soon, so I believe this is legit.

I belived a deal like this deserved it's own thread, since this is an awesome deal that got buried in a different deal thread.

If you pricematch it to CC or BB, that's an extra 10% making the game 27.99. I know I can wait that extra week for 22 dollars in savings.

Link to the ad, courtesy of Showstoppa.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1043739&postcount=69

[quote name='DX']So.....no confirmation yet?I thought OP was gonna scan the ad?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he does, cause I'm going to BB sometime this week and want to get it then. But, of course, I'm only gonna get it with confirmation.

TSD should be getting his copy of the ad in the next couple of days, so can at least confirm the price.

I'll have a copy of the ad sometime Saturday afternoon, so worst case, I can scan it then.

[quote name='stag8603']Hopefully he does, cause I'm going to BB sometime this week and want to get it then. But, of course, I'm only gonna get it with confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Buy it and don't open it until you're sure of the deal. PM's are good for 30 days past the date of purchase, so if it doesn't pan out, just return it, if it's unopened.

[quote name='shrike4242']Buy it and don't open it until you're sure of the deal. PM's are good for 30 days past the date of purchase, so if it doesn't pan out, just return it, if it's unopened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll most likely do that.

This is a problem. I have to choose between this game and Unreal Championship 2 (which is on sale at EB for $30 at the same week).

I have too many choices...too little money

[quote name='Xevious']This is a problem. I have to choose between this game and Unreal Championship 2 (which is on sale at EB for $30 at the same week).

I have too many choices...too little money[/QUOTE]

Which do you think you'd play more of, an open-ended storyline like GTA:SA or an online-driven game like UC2?

[quote name='DX']So.....no confirmation yet?I thought OP was gonna scan the ad?[/QUOTE]
Actually he wasnt, but seen someone in another topic say there were going to post the ad. Like I said from the begining, not a good idea.

[quote name='Xevious']This is a problem. I have to choose between this game and Unreal Championship 2 (which is on sale at EB for $30 at the same week).

I have too many choices...too little money[/QUOTE]

UC2 isnt anything amazing. singleplayer takes 2 hours to beat, and the challange mode is very bland IMO. even though this game has online multiplayer, gta:san andreas has MUCH better replay value. get san andreas, and you will be much happier.

I was the one who mentioned this deal in the other post...sorry about the delay, I haven't been to work lately to take a copy of the ad home.

I can tell you that besides GTA:SA (Xbox, PC), Medal of Honor: European Assault (Xbox, PS2, GC) and Batman Begins (Xbox, PS2, GC) will be $29.99 as well. They're not as big of deals, as they're $39.99 normally, but that's the whole gaming part of the ad.

I'll try to get a scan, but if someone beats me to it, my hat's off to ya! ;)

[quote name='Wario64']thanks for the confirmation showstoppa. good to know that there's other games at $29.99 too[/QUOTE]

Early reviews of MOH though have been very lackluster,Batman's previews have looked good but no reviews yet.

Come on TSD. I need something to play on Xbox and this would be perfect to play for hours on end. I already played through most of the PS2 version before I traded it in so with even more stuff in this one it will mostlikely be the only game I play on Xbox for the summer until 25 to Life comes out. Well if worst comes to worst I will wait about two weeks and then get it during the trade 3 for $5 bucks used from my local GR because people that's about how long it took for people to trade this in on PS2 at local GR.

I really hope that this is for real. So many games coming down in price is going to make it that much easier to grab all the games that I want and still save up for Xbox 360 this holiday.

GTA:SA at $30 is only the icing on the cake this summer :twoguns:

If anyone's bored out there...

I've got the scan of the ad, I just don't have anywhere to upload it to. I can email it to anyone who wants it, as long as someone verifies it for the community and puts a link so all the CAG's can see.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']If anyone's bored out there...

I've got the scan of the ad, I just don't have anywhere to upload it to. I can email it to anyone who wants it, as long as someone verifies it for the community and puts a link so all the CAG's can see.[/QUOTE]

How big is the file? If it is under a meg, couldn't you use www.imageshack.us

Mmm, the ad doesn't specifically say in-store only (just limit one per household), but shipping's not free unless you order $150 or more.

Oh man, Batman Begins (possibly w/movie ticket) and GTA for less than $60 is sweet. I'm gonna have to set aside an hour next week, eat a good breakfast, and argue with Best Buy to pricematch (plus the extra 10%) it at their store.

[quote name='Showstoppa42'][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the scan. Time to go figure out who to pick it up from. Unless BB ponies up some RZ certs, I'm thinking it might be CC who I get it from. Around here, the BB's are hard as heck to get PM's out of. Jackass regional manager, from past experiences. :roll:

[quote name='Showstoppa42'][/QUOTE]

Thank you sir you have made my day and possibly week!!!
I rented GTA yesterday and couldn't play it though, I kept getting dirty disc errors.
But today it played fine. So I will still get it, I just need to figure out if I want the extra 10% or the RZ points.

Can you pricematch at Bestbuy at the same time as you buy it? I don't want to have to go back and not be able to get the 10% only to return it. Some people in this thread say they've been hassled about PMing. If it isn't possible to PM at the same time, I might just price match it at CC instead.

I already have the PS2 version that I bought on release day, now I'm wondering if I should spend another $30 for the Xbox version. Can some CAGers help me make my decision?

[quote name='stag8603']Can you pricematch at Bestbuy at the same time as you buy it? I don't want to have to go back and not be able to get the 10% only to return it. Some people in this thread say they've been hassled about PMing. If it isn't possible to PM at the same time, I might just price match it at CC instead.[/QUOTE]

The following sequence of events at BB:

1) Buy game for full price at register.
2) Walk to customer service counter and get PM + 10%.

If you try to do the PM at time of purchase, you'll only get the PM, not the 10%.

For CC, they'll do the PM + 10% at time of purchase.

Best Buy is a horrible fucking store. Look at bestbuysux.org.

They sold me a broken TV and wouldn't swap it out the same day when I brought it back with the receipt. They won't pricematch without a giant hassle, and lie about their extended warranty that nobody should ever purchase lol.

I will be PMing this at Circuit City or Sears.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I already have the PS2 version that I bought on release day, now I'm wondering if I should spend another $30 for the Xbox version. Can some CAGers help me make my decision?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Do you like custom soundtracks? How long has it been since you have played San Andreas on PS2?

I used to have a PS2 and I had GTA 3 and GTA VC. The custom soundtrack feature was enough to have me buy the Xbox Double Pack. Also, I loved playing the games, and I played them over several times on the Xbox. At $30, you aren't taking a huge risk, plus you are getting some improvements. They may be minor, but they are nice.

[quote name='shrike4242']The following sequence of events at BB:

1) Buy game for full price at register.
2) Walk to customer service counter and get PM + 10%.

If you try to do the PM at time of purchase, you'll only get the PM, not the 10%.

For CC, they'll do the PM + 10% at time of purchase.[/QUOTE]

The only problem with that for me is I'm going to BB on Friday (and then across the street to GameStop for B2G1 free used games), so the ad won't be out yet. I might have to go back next week, but I've got thirty days anyhow. And for some weird reason this deal turns out to be bad, I'll keep the game sealed (well I'll try to) so I can return it. Thanks for the advice though.

[quote name='stag8603']Can you pricematch at Bestbuy at the same time as you buy it? I don't want to have to go back and not be able to get the 10% only to return it. Some people in this thread say they've been hassled about PMing. If it isn't possible to PM at the same time, I might just price match it at CC instead.[/QUOTE]

BB can't give you the 10% difference at the time of purchase... but one time I asked the person at the returns desk if she could do it in the same transaction and she actually gave me an extra 10% off the TOTAL price of the game (INSTEAD of the 10% of the difference)!

I think I saved an extra $5 after PM Fry's ad (from last month) for Lego Star Wars and LOTR: 3rd Age... whereas the actual 10% difference should have been $1. It wouldn't hurt asking, they might do it and make the same mistake again!

So wait... hows this going to work?

The scan is going to go up and were going to print it and show it as proof? What's the scan from? Can we get the actual thing? IMA SO CONFUSED!??!?!?!! (yet excited!)

[quote name='pumbaa']So wait... hows this going to work?

The scan is going to go up and were going to print it and show it as proof? What's the scan from? Can we get the actual thing? IMA SO CONFUSED!??!?!?!! (yet excited!)[/QUOTE]

It is from next week's CompUSA ad.

Glad to see that this is a real deal. I might just pick up San Andreas now at CC, and then go back Sunday morning to get the difference back.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, you can do it, as long as it meets all the pricematch criteria:

1) It's in stock at CompUSA.
2) It's properly shown at the ad as being a $29.99, out-the-door price, not after rebates or any other foolishness.
3) CompUSA is a local competitor in your area.
4) You bring in the reciept within 30 days after your purchase.[/QUOTE]

So if CompUSA is out of stock I cant price match? I have a feeling by the time I go to price match they will be OOS at comp usa.

[quote name='ViperGuy']So if CompUSA is out of stock I cant price match? I have a feeling by the time I go to price match they will be OOS at comp usa.[/QUOTE]

It is YMMV whether they check COMPUSA's stock or not. In my experience, they are less likely to check if you have already bought the game and are going back for an adjustment.

[quote name='ViperGuy']So if CompUSA is out of stock I cant price match? I have a feeling by the time I go to price match they will be OOS at comp usa.[/QUOTE]

Also (well, at least at my CompUSA), the CompUSA employee answering the phone to verify the availability of the item might lie and say that the game is in stock when in reality it isn't. Sometimes they do this to get folks to come to the store anyway, or to screw the competitor because they will have to take a loss by price matching. I know this one guy at CompUSA who checks the caller ID and screws the other stores by saying that an out-of-stock item is in stock so that the competitor will have to price match.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Glad to see that this is a real deal. I might just pick up San Andreas now at CC, and then go back Sunday morning to get the difference back.[/QUOTE]
Nice, ima do the same!!!

wait, so does best buy actually do pricematches AFTER youve bought games(like how circuit city will adjut the price 30 days after purchasing it)?

bread's done
Back