GTA V Collector's Edition piece apart or keep it sealed?

TheFizzzzzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
229 (100%)
I got one on an impulse today from GameStop since someone didn't pick their preorder up.... I hear you can sell pieces for quite a bit but does anyone think I can keep this sealed and it become truly collectible

They made a lot of these....

people talked about how worthless TLOU PP would be because it only came with a statue of suspect quality (and the artbook was removed---boy were they wrong) and now that is worth a lot but stores only got a handful on one platform whereas I dare say the two GS in my small market area got at least 20 of each PS3 and 360 Collector's Edition---if not more.

Now in the grand scheme of things GTA is more popular then TLOU; afterall it did have the highest worldwide day one sales ever (~ 800 million) but I'm not sure what the right play is.

Do you need the money? Often times games tend to be "resellable" for the most profit right after or around release because the demand is highest. Then the resell value drops significantly when demand goes down and the value of the standard edition drops (see Borderlands 2 ULCE---these were going for $400+ prior to release and aren't getting anywhere near that now).

But maybe someday somewhere down the road the value could rebound but I just don't see this as something that would be worth anything significantly more later then it is now because most of the value is in digital content and for all you know that could be released in a complete edition down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just open it. You can still get IV Collector Editions ffor like $80. The extra DLC is all this really has going for it and when RS releases that for purchase the value will plummet assuming it hasn't already by then.

bread's done
Back