Guardians Of The Galaxy $10 VUDU

Vulcan2422

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
Not sure if anybody has posposted yet, but I was on VUDU liking for their black Friday stuff and came across this. $10 for Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Also, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The newest) is $10 as well.

Not sure if it's a glitch but well worth it for Guardians.

$10 for a digital copy ain't bad. The 3D is still $20 to pre-purchase to get that, the standard Blu, and the digital copy. Otherwise, anyone without a Blu-ray player should get a kick out of this.

Do we know that the physical copy won't come with an ultraviolet/streaming digital copy as well?  I know it is rare for Marvel movies to do so, and would consider $10 to have a digital copy of it, but don't want to waste credit if it is going to have one anyway.

If I bought the physical I would most likely only use the digital so this is a steal for me.  Download it to the Samsung Note and play via HDMI if need be - no need for the disk.  That was one $10 purchase I didn't expect to make today.

This is their BF sale. Also, most Disney movies now come with streaming copies included. I will try to explain this as best I can since it is a bit silly how things work in the new age of streaming content.

1. Ultraviolet, this is what the majority of streaming movies that are owned by the user (not rented like Netflix). Disney (and Marvel) do NOT take part in UV. UV does not sell movies directly, they basically just hold the licenses to the movies you own, other services allow you to access them.

2. VUDU, a service owned by Wal-Mart that allows you to watch your UV movie content. They also sell movies that may or may not be UV, the best way to know if a movie is UV or not is to hover over the image of the movie and if you see a UV logo in the top right you are good to go.

3. Disney Movie Anywhere. a service owned by Disney of course that is similar to UV, but does NOT work with UV. NO Disney movie will be UV compatible as of right now, this may change, but IMO it is unlikely.

Some Disney movies you could redeem via VUDU AND DMA, this would allow you to watch them via VUDU and/or DMA. BUT NOT via services like Target Ticket since you do not own it via UV.

Recently (2 weeks or so ago) Disney partnered with both VUDU and Google Play to allow those services to access your DMA library, similar to how UV allows VUDU to access your UV library. This still does NOT give you the movie in UV, but allows you more options to view movies.

So basically UV and DMA hold your licenses for movies, they do not talk to one another, but function similarly. VUDU will access both your UV and DMA library so you can easily watch all of your movies in one place. Google Play will allow you to watch your DMA library.

This is their BF sale. Also, most Disney movies now come with streaming copies included. I will try to explain this as best I can since it is a bit silly how things work in the new age of streaming content.

1. Ultraviolet, this is what the majority of streaming movies that are owned by the user (not rented like Netflix). Disney (and Marvel) do NOT take part in UV. UV does not sell movies directly, they basically just hold the licenses to the movies you own, other services allow you to access them.

2. VUDU, a service owned by Wal-Mart that allows you to watch your UV movie content. They also sell movies that may or may not be UV, the best way to know if a movie is UV or not is to hover over the image of the movie and if you see a UV logo in the top right you are good to go.

3. Disney Movie Anywhere. a service owned by Disney of course that is similar to UV, but does NOT work with UV. NO Disney movie will be UV compatible as of right now, this may change, but IMO it is unlikely.

Some Disney movies you could redeem via VUDU AND DMA, this would allow you to watch them via VUDU and/or DMA. BUT NOT via services like Target Ticket since you do not own it via UV.

Recently (2 weeks or so ago) Disney partnered with both VUDU and Google Play to allow those services to access your DMA library, similar to how UV allows VUDU to access your UV library. This still does NOT give you the movie in UV, but allows you more options to view movies.

So basically UV and DMA hold your licenses for movies, they do not talk to one another, but function similarly. VUDU will access both your UV and DMA library so you can easily watch all of your movies in one place. Google Play will allow you to watch your DMA library.
Just did this. DMA added my copies of Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph to my Vudu library; you also have options to do it for Google Play and iTunes as well.. It's likely Guardians will be whatever format Captain America: TWS's Digital HD was, so whatever service that was will surely be the case for Guardians.

Just did this. DMA added my copies of Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph to my Vudu library; you also have options to do it for Google Play and iTunes as well.. It's likely Guardians will be whatever format Captain America: TWS's Digital HD was, so whatever service that was will surely be the case for Guardians.
It doesn't really add them to VUDU, it just gives VUDU access to them.

Captain America was DMA, but you could redeem it via VUDU and DMA (giving you basically two copies). According to what I have read it still works this way, but I have not tested it.

The way you did it was you would go to VUDU and redeem the DMR/DMA code and it would add the movie to VUDU.

You would then go to DMR and redeem the code there and it would add it to DMR/DMA.

Wife just came back from WM with pizza, each pizza had a $5 vudu movie credit in it, grabbed GOG, sweet deal, pizza and movie tonight.

I had one of those free $3 for vudu emails sitting in my inbox, so I redeemed it plus the $5 funny/lame text code.  Paid $1.96 for GoG.  I am very pleased.  I'll just sell the DMA code whenever I finally grab a physical copy on blu-ray.

bread's done
Back