Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='SMMM']Guess that solves that then. Here's another block of fighters. Shouldn't be too difficult.

blockofightas3rs.jpg
[/QUOTE]
?, Clayfighters 2: Judgement Clay, Double Dragon, Dragonball Z: Supersonic warriors(?), ?, ?, Justice League Task Force, Fatal Fury 2, ?

[quote name='SMMM']Guess that solves that then. Here's another block of fighters. Shouldn't be too difficult.

blockofightas3rs.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think first one is a Yu Yu Hakusho game
Middle one is JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (or Venture, one of em)
The one next to JoJo is, I think, a Sailor Moon fighting game

blockofightas3rs.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The DBZ is Hyper Dimension on the SNES and the Gameboy one is king of the fighters 95

Specific names please. So far, the following are right.

1 -
2 - Clayfighter 2: Judgement Clay
3 - Double Dragon
4 - DBZ: Hyper Dimension
5 - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
6 -
7 - Justice League Task Force
8 - King of Fighters '95 (GB)
9 -

[quote name='SMMM']123

1 - Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
2 -
3 -
4 - Melty Blood
5 - Rise of the Robots
6 - Rumble Fish
7 - TMNT: Tournament Fighters
8 - Is this a Burn Up game?
9 - World Hereos 2?[/QUOTE]

Good job, 2 is Groove on Fight (which is a great game), 8 is Varible Geo Advanced (which is a P.O.S.) and yes 9 is World Heroes 2. And some else guessed Crticom so the that's the list.

This should finish up the other one.

1 - Ninku
3 - Double Dragon
6 - Some Sailormoon fighter
9 - Art of Fighting 3

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']

This should finish up the other one.

1 - Ninku
3 - Double Dragon
6 - Sailor Moon Super S
9 - Art of Fighting 3[/QUOTE]

Tossed in #6 for you. There's a great combo video of it at pimp.productions. Linky in my sig.

[quote name='evilmax17']Target Earth for the Genesis.

The only game where you NEEDED to put god mode on in order to have fun, and once you did it was really really fun! I loved that game.[/QUOTE]

Leave it to evilmax, garage sale master, to get it. Target Earth is one of my favorite Genesis games ever, and the hardest, till my brother and I found out all you had to do was hit the start button on controller 2 to get invinsibility and the option to control the enemy.

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']No posts today? Blasphemy! This threads too much fun

take a gander as I try once more to stump anyone
bb.gif
[/QUOTE]

thats keith courage in alpha zones on turbographx 16!

A game I really enjoyed back in the day (while searching for this screenshot I discovered that this game came out on 4 or 5 systems, but this is the only one I played)

[quote name='Backlash']A game I really enjoyed back in the day (while searching for this screenshot I discovered that this game came out on 4 or 5 systems, but this is the only one I played)

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Choplifter. Could not tell you which version.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']1. Fist of the North Star
5. Ghostbusters
6. Ghouls n' Ghosts

Can't really decipher the others but the theme is they are all on Sega Genesis. (??)[/QUOTE]

Close on 1. 5. Correct. 6. Correct. The obvious theme is, yes, all on genesis. The subtle theme is still for the taking.

[quote name='mykevermin']Fist of the North Star (V?), ???, ???, Heavy Barrel, Ghostbusters, and Ghouls n' Ghosts.[/QUOTE]

Heavy Barrel, great game, but thats not it.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Ok. These pictures have an obvious theme, and a subtle theme that I think only a few should know, but I could be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Last Battle, Mystic Defender, Super Thunder Blade, Rambo III, Ghostbusters, Ghouls n' Ghosts

Those are Genesis launch titles, if you go with the September 15th, 1989 release.
The Genny was available in NY and LA on January 9th, 1989.
In addition to Last Battle, it launched with:

g44no.jpg
g37of.jpg
g25gs.jpg
g16db.jpg
Remember this? I posted it about six pages back.

Ok. Darkside. I think you might have gotten it correct. Nice job man. I got the system at launch with Altered Beast, Last Battle, and Super ThunderBlade.

Didnt see the previous posting either.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Didnt see the previous posting either.[/QUOTE]

I'm only refering to the baseball game that nobody guessed.

It took me forever to remember Mystic Defender. I could even see the box art in my head, but had to dig for the title.

Dude, im surprised you got it so quick. I'm guess you gotten one at launch as well. Mystic Defender was a pretty tough game.\

By the way, that wouldn't be Tommy Lasorda Baseball, would it? I also remember there being a Reggie Jackson Baseball, where he was wearing a dumbass blue generic SEGA baseball hat.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Dude, im surprised you got it so quick. I'm guess you gotten one at launch as well. Mystic Defender was a pretty tough game.\

By the way, that wouldn't be Tommy Lasorda Baseball, would it? I also remember there being a Reggie Jackson Baseball, where he was wearing a dumbass blue generic SEGA baseball hat.[/QUOTE]

Tommy Lasorda Baseball is CORRECT!

I picked up my Genny the first week of October '89. I had all of those games except Mystic Defender.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Tommy Lasorda Baseball is CORRECT!

I picked up my Genny the first week of October '89. I had all of those games except Mystic Defender.[/QUOTE]

I would vote that it was the worst box art ever. Anyone agree? (Mega Man close 2nd)

Fighter's Destiny was so crappy... I bought it back when it came out just because I didn't have a Playstation and it was all the N64 had in terms of fighting games... maybe that's why I hated the 64.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Fighter's Destiny.[/QUOTE]
yup

[quote name='Chacrana']Fighter's Destiny was so crappy... I bought it back when it came out just because I didn't have a Playstation and it was all the N64 had in terms of fighting games... maybe that's why I hated the 64.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was ok, I liked the point system it had.

What bothered me about it was the emphasis on throwing your opponent down. Not so interested in grabbing... I'm more interested in just beating the shit out of my opponent a la Street Fighter.

[quote name='4tygames']

Just wondering if you can get this one.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, for the no response in forever, been really busy. The correct answer was Space Station Silicon Valley. It was released by Take2 for the N64. IGN64.com gave it a 9.5!

Man, that one above me really looks like JetFighter.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I would vote that it was the worst box art ever. Anyone agree? (Mega Man close 2nd)[/QUOTE]

I dunno, having a close up of Tommy Lasorda's face starring at me is kind of appealing. In fact, my roomates and I proudly display the cartridge on our television.

Here's a shot from an underrated game I just finished today and thoroughly enjoyed...

bread's done
Back