Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='BlueWingX']I think I've got it. Is #2 "Sub Hunt" for the Intellivision? That would make it a "Hunt" theme.[/QUOTE]

Correct -- but remember no one ever promised the themes would be great :)

[quote name='konamifan2002']
250px-Journeyman_Project_Screenshot.png
I played the crap out of this one!

1411-2.jpg
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, tho right corner gives it away lol[/QUOTE]

The Journeyman Project & Chex Quest.

[quote name='J7.']Which version of Jungle Hunt was that? It looks a lot better than the one I own.[/QUOTE]

Colecovision Version -- which are you playing?

[quote name='PhrostByte']image[/QUOTE]

Marvel Superheroes VS. Street Fighter (the Japanese arcade as I don't think Norimaro made it to the console editions. If he did, I would lean on it being the Saturn edition)

[quote name='fart_bubble']Marvel Superheroes VS. Street Fighter (the Japanese arcade as I don't think Norimaro made it to the console editions. If he did, I would lean on it being the Saturn edition)[/QUOTE]

Correct. But you post in the fighting game thread so you're a cheater. :p

from wiki:

Japanese-exclusive character
Norimaro: An original character created and owned by Japanese comedian Noritake Kinashi who represents neither Marvel nor Capcom. He appears as a regular character only in the Japanese arcade and console versions of the game, but was removed in all the overseas versions. He portrays a nerdish, cowardly schoolboy-type guy armed with a camera; who throws common school items, mini-Gouki dolls, and plushies as projectiles; and would attempt to ask for his opponent's autograph mid-battle (can be seen when the player presses the START button during a match).

I didn't even know about Norimaro til I got somewhat deep into emulation. I probably spend a whole day playing MSHvsSF when I found him. He is truly awesome and it sucks that they deprived US audiences of him. :(

[quote name='PhrostByte']I didn't even know about Norimaro til I got somewhat deep into emulation. I probably spend a whole day playing MSHvsSF when I found him. He is truly awesome and it sucks that they deprived US audiences of him. :([/QUOTE]
First time I saw him was in a mugen character pack I had grabbed. I figured he was some random person's creation. Cool to learn that he's a legit character.

I'm super bored at work right now which is good for you guys. This one has a theme. It's not hard but try to guess it.

eveve.jpg
pokemon.jpg

gogmagog.jpg
flyingspriteman.jpg

rocklobster.jpg
daodoa.jpg

cupnoodle.jpg
shoryuken.jpg

michiganturkey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All Treasure games.

1. McDonald's Treasure Land
2. Alien Soldier
3. Silhouette Mirage
4. Gunstar Heroes
5. Radiant Silvergun
6. Stretch Panic
7. Sin and Punishment
8. Gunstar Super Heroes
9. Light Crusader

[quote name='PhrostByte']
18991210mm1.jpg
[/quote]
Looks like Barack Obama. Now we just need screens of Biden, McCain, & Palin. And maybe Hillary just for the fun of it. Who can find their games?!

[quote name='J7']You don't think he looks like Obama? He looks exactly like Obama![/QUOTE]

Someone needs to lay off sniffing gasoline. Because I have no clue where you get that he looks like Obama.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Someone needs to lay off sniffing gasoline. Because I have no clue where you get that he looks like Obama.[/quote]
Same hair
Same eyebrows
Same complexion
Same freckles
Same face shape symmetry
Same ears
Similar nose and mouth
Same body shape

[quote name='Rodimus']Here's another one short cake:

aboboabo.gif
[/QUOTE]

Popful Mail?

take that back, Valis III (though to be honest, I can't remember them using a brown background. I always thought it was black?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's it. How is it on the iPhone? I have the original on Sega CD. Are the random encounters still insanely quick? I remember on average you fight like ever 2-3 seconds.

[quote name='Rodimus']I remember on average you fight like ever 2-3 seconds.[/QUOTE]

glad I've never played that game then and never will, Persona pissed me off way too much with the constant random encounters

Yeah, Persona was bad, but what made it worse was the load times. And the funny thing is they toned down the random battles & difficulty for the US release. I'd hate to play the Japanese version.

Vay was tolerable cause it didn't have any loading. Plus the dungeons were fairly short & simple. I do remember having to grind a lot.

there don't seem to be too many random battles..... I've passed quite a lot of time playing it. Its worth the $5 price tag. Does seem to have some grinding, but not too bad. The story has been updated with some random current political type humor and references. I do recall running around just hoping for random battles to pass time, at least for me it actually has good pick up and play then put down nature. I'm not sure if the original was like this, but there really isnt a way to know where to go. It will just say goto whatever town. They have patched it once so unlike some apps they are still supporting it.

Overall out of the iphone apps you get the most gameplay for the money (bang for your buck)

Sounds like they may have lowered the encounter rate for the iPhone version. The amount of random encounters in the original Vay defiantly stand out.

I still find it hilarious what they did to Mark.

persona-mark1.jpg
persona-mark2.jpg

Looking back Persona 1 probably doesn't hold up very well. But when it came out over 10 years ago I loved it. It's probably the first RPG I played which had a current-world setting. It was just diffrent than anything I had ever played before and I welcomed it.

[quote name='fart_bubble']hopefully this is a hard one but I think someone is going to be quick to answer it:

dsad.png
[/quote]

^ I'm pretty sure this is Zork.

bread's done
Back