Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='Strell']
8 is an Adventure Island of sorts. Not sure which.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even see this until after I posted my answer above :cool:

46131_full.jpg
Flashback.jpg
gods.jpg
Deadlock2.png

[quote name='Rodimus']Awesome revive of the thread. I like the penguin theme.

The only one I know which hasn't been answered yet is:
#4 as Zaku[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='waxHead']8. Adventure Island II[/QUOTE]

Nope.

GamerLina: The second one is Flashback and the third one is Gods.

[quote name='waxHead']Rather than trying to guess, I decided to contribute:

1)
gfs_39562_2_2.jpg

2)
Milon%27s+Secret+Castle_001.png

3)
the-guardian-legend-20081001084330639_640w.jpg

4)
review-astyanaxnes-big-2.jpg

5)
eve-leisure-suit-larry.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You might want to upload to imageshack and make random filenames, because all you have to do is right-click and hit "save as" to see the game name in the filename.

1) Fist of the North Star?
2) Milon's Secret Castle
3) Guardian Legend
4) Astanax
3) Leisure Suit Larry...must be the first or second one...I can figure it out without too much trouble...I'll guess #1, Land of the Lounge Lizards.

[quote name='Strell']1) Fist of the North Star?
2) Milon's Secret Castle
3) Guardian Legend
4) Astanax
3) Leisure Suit Larry...must be the first or second one...I can figure it out without too much trouble...I'll guess #1, Land of the Lounge Lizards.[/QUOTE]

Well done sir! #5 is Land of the Lounge Lizards, LLL #1. Jeez, I guess I need to find some more obscure games as well!

Ahh, LSL age protection schemes of old, where they'd ask questions that kids supposedly wouldn't know, in multiple choice format. But my friend and I defeated you, Al Lowe.

[quote name='Strell']Ahh, LSL age protection schemes of old, where they'd ask questions that kids supposedly wouldn't know, in multiple choice format. But my friend and I defeated you, Al Lowe.[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha! I'd completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it - I always loved those questions :D

Third is Zaxxon.

Sixth is The Immortal.

Seventh is California Games.

Sig is Toejam and Earl of course.

We never finished Jack's games. :/

The second one is Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun for the Genesis. My friend had that, and I spent hours watching him play it.

Sorry if these have been posted before, but it's a lot of work to go through 121 pages =P I used to play all but one of these.

3564.png

0001aq.png

0002f.gif

0003p.gif

0004ult.jpg

0005d.png

5 is Heretic. I loved that game! 6 is Hocus Pocus, which I remember getting out of a clearance bin... but that's about it.

All those are correct so far. The LotR game is the first one. There's no third one unfortunately, since I was a big Tolkien buff in the early 90s, played through the games at least 5 times each. It's also awesome because you can carry over your stats / some equipment from the first game to the second game if you play them in order. I actually still have these in my PC collection box.

Three is One Must Fall, which I wanted back in early 90s, because I saw it in those shareware catalogs.

Four, Terminal Velocity was the same, and I actually played it a fair bit, although I liked the pink lasers the best, but couldn't find a picture of it.

Five is Heretic, which I liked more than all other 3D shooters at the time other than Doom/Doom2, but my friends never did, so it was always hard to get them to play it with me.

Six is Hocus Pocus. Interesting side scroller lol, but it's waaaaaay dated now. It ran super fast on my 486 though =P

No one knows #2 though? I actually got a copy of it recently off Goozex. Great game, but there was one major design flaw... Which I'll get into after someone guesses it =P

[quote name='The Crotch']You should re-host those things. Some of the names are in the URLs.

Though I know Daggerfall when I see it, anyway.[/QUOTE]

sorry, i'm lazy.

[quote name='Survivalism']Isn't 5 Hexen and not Heretic?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's Heretic. It's the same series of games, so some of the stuff's similar. It went Heretic -> Hexen -> Hexen 2 -> Heretic 2, I believe.

Each game gets two screenshots each.

1:
80917761.png

33451424.png

2:
30033025.png

87024810.jpg

3:
15421167.jpg

66112708.png

4:
20126421.gif

94361629.gif

5:
71012118.gif

41675624.gif

6:
68686751.jpg

56297542.gif

Please specify if you knew it at first glance or if you had to look it up. The first one's a gimme, they get harder. One of these came out in 1997, not quite old school to me.

OH fuck THE LAST ONE IS SUBSPACE (NOW KNOWN AS CONTINUUM)
HELL fuckING YEAH MAN. BEST GAME NONE OF YOU PUKES EVER PLAYED. POWERBALLZONE 4EVA

Space Quest 4? Can't be 1-3 and I doubt it's a later title.

Second one is probably a Police Quest, but I wouldn't know which one.

Fourth is Psi-5, which I had to look up, but sounds interesting.

[quote name='Strell']Space Quest 4? Can't be 1-3 and I doubt it's a later title. [/QUOTE]

Actually, it's possible that it's the VGA remake of Space Quest 1. Didn't the first Space Quest start on a ship set to self destruct?

Edit: Ninja'd! Well played, mguiddy. Well played...

Glad somebody got Subspace right away. I played on ASWZ.

You guys also got the first and fourth ones, though nobody has the 2nd one yet. Not even a sniff on #5. You're on the right track with #3, I'll give you a hint. Its the last (so far) of several sequels to a very famous space game, but its not Wing Commander.

With Mr Unoriginal's insight, 3's Elite or a sequel... Frontier, maybe, I think that's the newest one, not counting oolite.
2 makes me think of Police Quest mixed with Mean Streets... Okay, I figured it out (it was driving me crazy since I've seen that briefing screen before), but not going to say it.

#3 is Frontier: First Encounters, the sequel to Frontier: Elite II. It was Eve Online in 1995, minus the online but with actual gameplay and planets and a story and all the things Eve lacks. They were going to make an MMO in 2001 but they figured the tech wasn't there yet, then Eve came along and kind of stole their thunder.

#2 and #5 are still up in the air. New screenshots for #2:

18827178.jpg

91059553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dafoomie']#3 is Frontier: First Encounters, the sequel to Frontier: Elite II. It was Eve Online in 1995, minus the online but with actual gameplay and planets and a story and all the things Eve lacks. They were going to make an MMO in 2001 but they figured the tech wasn't there yet, then Eve came along and kind of stole their thunder.

#2 and #5 are still up in the air. New screenshots for #2:

18827178.jpg

91059553.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A bit of a wild guess, but I remember there was a Law & Order point and click adventure game. Could that be #2?

It is in fact Blue Force, from the creator of the first 3 Police Quest games and other former Sierra employees. Probably my favorite Police Quest style game, this game got dark and serious before Police Quest 4 did and without the plot unraveling and getting silly at the end. The scene where
Jake's parents get murdered right in front of him... "Jake, hide in the closet!" And the music they played,
scared the shit out of me at the time.

Anyone even want to guess on #5?

bread's done
Back