Guide to Secret Menu Items at your fast food joint.

"Chili's: According to Reader Elara, they no longer have chili on the menu (what?) but if you ask them, they'll bring you a cup."

I dont understand that. So every day at all Chili's nationwide, at least one cook spends time making a pot of chili thinking, "it's not on the menu, but someone might ask for it today".

Also, the French Dip sub is a menu item at Arby's. At least in the central PA area anyway.

I'll try one of the Jamba Juice drinks when I get back to campus. Also, I may try dicking around with the Starbucks people on that customer is always right policy.

[quote name='Maklershed']"Chili's: According to Reader Elara, they no longer have chili on the menu (what?) but if you ask them, they'll bring you a cup."

I dont understand that. So every day at all Chili's nationwide, at least one cook spends time making a pot of chili thinking, "it's not on the menu, but someone might ask for it today".

Also, the French Dip sub is a menu item at Arby's. At least in the central PA area anyway.[/quote]

The article was written back in 07. Take that for what it's worth in regards to changes since then.

Being a fat person myself I like this info, thanks OP! Also I guess this site is owned by the same people who own Kotaku? Exact same layout..probably pointing out the obvious here.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The article was written back in 07. Take that for what it's worth in regards to changes since then.[/quote]

Ahh, perhaps thats why. I know the Philly Beef n Swiss (my favorite thing at Arby's) was off the menu for awhile and has made a reappearance, so maybe the same thing happened with the French Dip. What is the French Dip anyway? Just roast beef in a sub roll and they gave you French dressing to dip it in?

[quote name='smarkbran']Being a fat person myself I like this info[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']What is the French Dip anyway? Just roast beef in a sub roll and they gave you French dressing to dip it in?

[/quote]

Au Jus, mak. Not french dressing.

I've tried some of those "secret" items when I went to Jamba Juice on the West Coast and it was alright. I don't think they have those items available at lesser known Jamba Juice places in the DC area.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']well i dont know how secret it is, but Taco Bell has a menu you don't really hear about, its a Fresco Menu, which normal Taco Bell stuff but healthier. I dont remember seeing menus for it in store, but here it is online http://www.tacobell.com/fresco/[/quote]

They've been offering things "fresco" for a while now. It's not any kind of secret. It's Taco Bell's "healthier" offerings, if that was possible. They end up just taking off the cheese and putting on this tomato/onion/cilantro mix. The local Bell's here have the fresco offerings all over the menu. It's not that bad really.

I got a Sour Patch Kid Jamba Juice tonight.

Kid at the register looked at me funny, but knew about the White Gummy Bear smoothie.

I told him it's the White Gummi Bear - soymilk-peach juice-mango+lemonade+blueberries and he knew what was up.

Odd he knew 1 of the secret smoothies, but not the one I asked for.

"Starbucks: Starbucks will make you absolutely anything you want no matter how insane it is, according to our tipster."

I gotta goto Starbucks now and try that. I just asked a friend of mine that used to work there and she said its true. As long as you pay for it they'll make it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']...and

...how was it?[/quote]

It was good.

Didn't taste exactly like a SPK, but it was better than the normal menu

Eh, I just went over to Jamba Juice and ordered the White Gummi. (Drinking it as I type this.)

It's not too good, and it's definitely not worth the $5.32 I paid for it. :X

Needs more Sonic Orgasm.

I have no clue what's in it, other than it's a blue color and has cream. It tastes like cotton candy, and it might just be a local thing.

bread's done
Back