Guild Wars 2 Digital Heroic Edition $24.99 (Deluxe Edition $34.99) till 4/13

What they could add...Is combat and strategy like the first game had...

Too many children would whine though.  I'm so sick of MMOs.

hmm bought a copy from BBY for my niece a few weeks ago. didnt open it though. Think it was about 35 bucks after my GCU discount. Does BBY PM digital stuff like this? Even if they dont im thinking it may be better to get the $25 digital version for her and return the BBY one

is there a physical version for about 25 bucks anywhere? i thought it would hit that price by now with ESO out and Wildstar around the corner

Picked it up thanks. My favorite part is that my character looks like a cereal killer power ranger (yes cereal).

vipsb5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the microtransactions? It seemed guild wars 1 was going that way a lot after it was out for a while.

I wish gamestop would drop the price of the Collectors Edition.  They've been gathering dust at $150 without having even a $10 pricedrop.

How's the microtransactions? It seemed guild wars 1 was going that way a lot after it was out for a while.
I'm relatively new to the game, but it seems microtransactions aren't terribly offensive for it. They sell things like 1 hour XP boosters in the store, but from what I understand, you can hit max level fast enough even without it. Other things like more inventory/storage space can come in handy if you tend to be a big hoarder in these sorts of games, but so far, I've been able to keep enough space by selling what I don't need. I do wish you didn't need to get an item to change your character's hairstyle though (though I believe you can find it in-game as well, it just can take a lot longer).

They seem to be completely optional. I'm only level 20 though. Everything important, like inventory space, can be bought in-game. You can even exchange in-game money for the micro-transaction currency.

bread's done
Back