Guild Wars: Factions Preorder Bonus $1 shipped @ amazon

whitereflection

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I'm surprised this deal's still around since it was orignally posted by homieg (thanks!) Since the release of Factions is fast approaching, I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it again for those of you who may have missed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5192-0722550?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=468642

It comes in a DVD case with nice cover art. Here's what it includes according to Amazon's description:

* A key that provides access to the Factions Preview Event on March 24th
* Access to Guild Wars Factions twenty-four hours before the official release date
* One unique item for each of the two new professions
* A "friend" key that gives one of your friends access to the Factions Preview Event on March 24th
* A 14-day, 10-hour trial of Guild Wars (original Prophecies campaign)
* A tactical guide
* A quick-reference card
* A CD that includes concept art, wallpapers, and in-game trailers

The preview event is over already, but all this for $1 shipped is still a heck of a deal.

I haven't popped mine open yet, but if it's like the Lineage II preorder bonus, it's an enhanced music CD with the bonus stuff on it (though it makes no mention of the soundtrack anywhere, so if you got it, you're lucky). Try to right-click and explore it.

I'll try to check my copy later tonight.

I think my PC is just effed in the A. I put it in another PC and all the stuff is there. I really need to reformat and re-install.

I ordered 2 of these last week (2 seperate orders). Not bad for $1. Goes well with the Auto Assault pre-order disc I got for free at my soon-to-be-closed Suncoast.

Thanks. Picked one up along with MST3K vol 2.

Here's a question for you. The Collectors edition for Factions states it'll come with two additional character slots. Will the regular edition come with that too? It might be worth it to make more characters.

If I heard correctly, you'll get two extra character slots by linking your Factions account with your original account. I'm not sure about the collector's edition though.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Thanks. Picked one up along with MST3K vol 2.

Here's a question for you. The Collectors edition for Factions states it'll come with two additional character slots. Will the regular edition come with that too? It might be worth it to make more characters.[/quote]

The collector's edition gets you the same number of character slots as the regular one for both linked (2), and non-linked (4).

Thanks. I paid $5 for the last ones from BB and CC... I don't know if I'll even get factions... but its a dollar.

[quote name='sandrokstar']Target is selling them for 99 cents. As well as the Auto Assault pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up -- picked up one of each today.

For those interested, the Guid Wars cd contains 7 audio tracks from the soundtrack:
- Guild Wars:Faction Theme
- Shing Jea monastery
- Age of The Dragon
- Luxon Theme
- Kurzick Theme
- Kaineng City
- Harvest Festival

The Auto Assault disc is a little less impressive soundtrack-wise. No actual cd audio tracks, but there are 3 MP3s on the disc:
- Azure Torment
- Cinderfalls Birth
- Tocado

Also of interesting note, the box for the Auto Assault preorder includes a sticker sheet that has 3 of those fake bullet stickers that I've seen some people put on their cars. If you're in to that sort of thing, $0.99 might or might not be a good deal for that (I really have no idea).

bread's done
Back