Guild Wars - Is it resellable?

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
The usual PC forum I frequent is down (again), and I know there are some Guild Wars fans here, so I'll throw this question out here.

I installed Guild Wars, played it for about 2 hours, it's not for me, sadly. Is this like other MMORPG's where once I install it and play it's pretty much not resellable at all, or is it like any other PC game where I can just sell it and all they need is the CD Key?

If it's like the first option, is there any possible way to resell this? I'd at least like to get back *something*. I got this in the 3 pack for $50, so I can at least sell Factions / Nightfall (those are sealed) for some cash and break even, hopefully.

It's not that GW is a bad game... I just don't have time to dedicate to beating all three versions or even playing them extensively before the expansion hits or hell, even the sequel. Plus, it just didn't hook me =/

Thanks!

[quote name='chodax']no the cd key is tied to your account[/QUOTE]

Great :roll:

So how do I sell this then? I'm sure there has to be some way. Feels like a waste to just throw it in the garbage like I did with EQ 2 and FFXI. I hate getting into MMORPG's for this very reason, because unless you spend 100 hours grinding a high level character to make it worth it to sell it, you'll get pennies on the dollar for it.

You can sell your account along with the game (just change it to the buyer's email and use a neutral password- as soon as he receives, send him the pass and he'll change it to his liking). That's what I did but that was a while ago and that was here. I don't think you can do it on eBay.

And you quit for the very same reason I did.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']You can sell your account along with the game (just change it to the buyer's email and use a neutral password- as soon as he receives, send him the pass and he'll change it to his liking). That's what I did but that was a while ago and that was here. I don't think you can do it on eBay.

And you quit for the very same reason I did.:lol:[/QUOTE]

So you did it on CAG? Did you have any problems with it or anything after the fact?

Also, is there any way to change the email *without* reinstalling the game and doing it that way? I didn't make it part of my PlayNC account and I can't find any sort of option to just go into the account from the 'net (like WoW) and change it that way.

And nah, I wasn't going to do it on Ebay, too many hassles.

I'm sure GW is a fine game but when I think of all the time I'd have to put into it to get anywhere, plus the expansion, plus a sequel so close, fuck it, might as well start fresh on a new MMORPG like LOTRO (especially now that it's $30 on GoGamer for 48 hours).

Yeah, GW is so cheap that it's impractical to buy an account, unless it's one with plenty of phat loot.

Yes you can, you just give the person the account info and they can change the e-mail and pass word. I bought my copy from a person I knew.

You don't even need the CDs either, as you can download the client from the website. I swear, the best part about GW compared to other MMOs is how it updates.

[quote name='darthbudge']If you want PM me about the game, I have been looking to buy it. Maybe we can make a deal.[/QUOTE]

PM'ed,

And does anyone know how I can change the account info without actually reinstalling the game?

[quote name='dtarasev']Yeah, there is an option to do so right before or right after you log into the game, you just click "change e-mail."[/QUOTE]

Thanks -

I made a trading thread for it, but I'm looking to dump it for $15 shipped - either that, or it's going in the garbage in two days, because I'm moving and that's one less game to pack that I'll never play again.

I really wish there was an option in MMO's to permanently close your account so you could sell these to someone else with no hassles to someone else who wants to play it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Great :roll:

So how do I sell this then? I'm sure there has to be some way. Feels like a waste to just throw it in the garbage like I did with EQ 2 and FFXI. I hate getting into MMORPG's for this very reason, because unless you spend 100 hours grinding a high level character to make it worth it to sell it, you'll get pennies on the dollar for it.[/quote]
wait, you threw away games?

bread's done
Back