Guild Wars Questions (im a noob)

hatim813

CAGiversary!
hey, im about to go out and buy guild wars, but i have a few questions:
1. What do you think is better, Ranger/Monk, Ranger/Necro or Ranger/Elementalist?

2. Can I use weapons of my secondary class? i.e. can a ranger/monk use a monk's items and weapons?

3. About how long will this game take to beat, and i mean, by that, getting all the best stuff, killing all the bosses, etc.

thanks a lot

1. Ranger/Monk, but I'm biased. X_X
2. I think so, but you'll probably want to use a Ranger's weapons
3. It's somewhat of a MMORPG, so the time you play is virtually unlimited. Dozens and dozens of hours at least.

[quote name='hatim813']hey, im about to go out and buy guild wars, but i have a few questions:
1. What do you think is better, Ranger/Monk, Ranger/Necro or Ranger/Elementalist?

2. Can I use weapons of my secondary class? i.e. can a ranger/monk use a monk's items and weapons?

3. About how long will this game take to beat, and i mean, by that, getting all the best stuff, killing all the bosses, etc.

thanks a lot[/QUOTE]

I have a Ranger/Warrior and I don't take advantage of the secondary class at all - but that's true of my other characters too. I think Warriors and healing Monks tend to be in demand by other groups. Rangers are probably in the medium desirability. I would go with Ranger/Monk - you can act as a Monk in a pinch.

As far as weapons - a weapon is not restricted to a class - they are restricted to a skill. If you dont have enough skill points, then the weapon acts a "starter" weapon (not desirable). If a weapon need skill points for the primary attribute of your secondary class - then you won't be able to weild it effectively - since the primary attribute is only available for your primary class.

You can only wear armor for your primary class!

There is so much to the game that it will offer many many hours of play - single player (player versus environment) or player versus player. I find it gets repetitive after some time but easy to get back into - since there is no monthly fee racking up charges. Also, it's very quick to get into the game - so you can easily play for a 15 minutes and jump out - start up is very fast.

well I logged about 500 hours before I quit.... and Lord Melvin is well over 1000 hours and still plays everyday..... but as for beating the actual storyline it could take as little as one weekend if you play a lot. but getting good stuff and all the skills and stuff takes a very long time.....

when I first started playing my first character was monk/warrior(just for certain stances). Not exactly the best pvp combo but a good entry level PvE combo

I've heard you can go through to the end in about 2 weeks playing regularly.
I only play an hour or two a week, so I'm only half through, and I've been playing for months.

I have a Mesmer/Monk, so a combination of stat modifying spells and hexes, fast magic recharge, and healing/smiting spells.

Like he said, you can use any weapon, but if it's out of your class, you don't get any of the good merits.

If I had to create a new character, it'd probably be a Elementalist + something else.

Guild Wars is pretty balanced. I don't think there are any bad combos. My main is a necro/warrior which some people find odd. The thing is every class is useful so even if the classes you pick don't work well you together you can always just use the skills from one class.

I had a Necromancer/Elementalist, though after a while I went straight Ele, with a few life steal spells. Elementalists are really fun to use.

You can change your spells any time you want, which is really awesome.

bread's done
Back