Guild Wars Sales: $15 Guild Wars Trilogy [Gamestop], 50% off Guild Wars 2 [Official store]

Someone was selling the trilogy for $6 sealed about a year ago, and I forgot to bid before it ended with no one buying. $15 is the best price I've seen since then.

Straight up World of Warcraft. Heavily instanced game too.
I actually feel that it's more like an MMO version of Diablo. Since a lot of the people that made this game worked on the Diablo series for Blizzard. You basically have a hub town where you receive quests. Then, you go to an instanced dungeon, and complete those quests. It also has an ending. Most traditional MMOs don't have endings.

The extra $10 for Guild Wars 2 is worth it. Game is gorgeous and really fun if you're into exploration. Leveling up is all about exploring the land and doing quests rather than grinding monsters.

The extra $10 for Guild Wars 2 is worth it. Game is gorgeous and really fun if you're into exploration. Leveling up is all about exploring the land and doing quests rather than grinding monsters.
All you do is grind events which consists of killing enemies over and over. Most boring mmo ever made. Guild wars 1 was one of the best mmos of all time. Unplayable today tho.

All you do is grind events which consists of killing enemies over and over. Most boring mmo ever made. Guild wars 1 was one of the best mmos of all time. Unplayable today tho.
I guess. I spent most of my time just getting the vistas and stuff rather than doing the tasks. I have fun with it. There's also World vs World which gives experience to your PvE character too. Guess the game just isn't for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be like playing vanilla wow right now. It was the best in class back then, but I cant do it now. And as for guild wars 2, I'd play guild wars 1 before I played that shhit again. It is the worst mmo. Do yourself a favor, check out tera. Its completely free and is second best in income after wow.

It would be like playing vanilla wow right now. It was the best in class back then, but I cant do it now. And as for guild wars 2, I'd play guild wars 1 before I played that shhit again. It is the worst mmo. Do yourself a favor, check out tera. Its completely free and is second best in income after wow.
I actually played Tera and really enjoyed it. May go back to it because...

...I downloaded the free Guild Wars trial, and WHEW! Pretty rough. Hasn't aged well at all.

I also have The Secret World. Really should get back into that game too.

Tera is really great as long as you keep in mind that like all other mmos other than wow, it couldnt hold a sub fee. Having said that, I feel its the best mmo out there, and I've pretty much played them all. Including eso which was horrible too.

I played tera a little bit and LOVE the action based combat of it. but just couldn't get into the rest. if it ever came to ps4 i'd give it another shot though

The thing that's really missing for me with both The Secret World and Tera is loot. I feel like you just don't find new armor/weapons often enough.

bread's done
Back