Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

squid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Has anyone had any luck finding it? In the past it looked like people on the east coast have had an easier time finding things than out here in California.

I pre-ordered it a bit ago, but the clerk didn't seem to even know what the game was, and it was never in the computer where I work, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I was just wondering about this game myself. Amazon still doesn't have it up (one on marketplace for oodles of cash). EB has it in stock on their site for $29.99. Gamefly has it for rent (states available 9/13).

I'm curious to see how it plays - definitely a renter first due to the bugs found in the Japanese version (supposedly they've been fixed).

On Gamestops site is says in stock but it also says released 9/13. So it should be in stores either the 13th or 14th. Earlier today when I looked on there site it said the ship date was the 13th. So I would check in EB/GS Thursday or Friday.

I got the automated call from gs saying it should be in wednesday afternoon, but well.. i've heard that before.

I went to and called every EB, Gamestop, and even the local game store here ( a total of ten stores ) and they all said that it was shipping on 9/11 and expect a copy on Wednesday. I hope so, but I think I will wait until Thursday to pick up a copy. From the looks of things, I can expect the exact same thing happening to King of Fighters XI and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum when they are released next month. The problem is that if it was a game that most people really cared about, it would have arrived in store weeks in advance as one GS employee told me.

[quote name='wizardofcoz4126']I went to and called every EB, Gamestop, and even the local game store here ( a total of ten stores ) and they all said that it was shipping on 9/11 and expect a copy on Wednesday. I hope so, but I think I will wait until Thursday to pick up a copy. From the looks of things, I can expect the exact same thing happening to King of Fighters XI and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum when they are released next month. The problem is that if it was a game that most people really cared about, it would have arrived in store weeks in advance as one GS employee told me.[/QUOTE]
That GS employee that told you that is an idiot. Only certain games arrive a few days-weeks in advance that are street dated. Games like Halo 3, Madden, just games that sometimes ship a few days before release. Most games ship the day before there release date.

Jman: Yes, of the same region that the PS3 is from. (Japanese PS2 games won't work on a US PS3)

I just picked up my copy, played a bit. I'm not seeing any bugs, except for maybe the fact that I beat I-No Arcade on my first try...never had that happen in any GG before :p

[quote name='Logain8955']Jman: Yes, of the same region that the PS3 is from. (Japanese PS2 games won't work on a US PS3)

I just picked up my copy, played a bit. I'm not seeing any bugs, except for maybe the fact that I beat I-No Arcade on my first try...never had that happen in any GG before :p[/quote]

Thank's for the answer. About I-no I never could beat her on guilty gear x2 reload :(

That's true. I imported the japanese version a while ago. It's not as good, but it doesn't suck.

I did eventually find it. The gs I ordered it from got 10 copies, and the manager was saying that they were the only gs/eb in the area to get any, and it was because myself and a couple of my friends pre-ordered it. Though, I don't know how true that is, because we pre-ordered it well after the 2 week deadline.

I'm really on the fence on this one. It doesn't seem like that much has been added to warrant a purchase even at $30. That and the fact that most of the voices have been changed and that not all of the glitches were taken out. But it is Guilty Gear...

Has anyone else noticed besides me that the blood has been removed save for a few moves by A.B.A. and Testament and the Hell stage? First Samurai Shodown 6, and now Guilty Gear XX:AC. What happened?

[quote name='squid']That's true. I imported the japanese version a while ago. It's not as good, but it doesn't suck. [/QUOTE]not as good?!?!

Accent Core is reviving the guilty gear arcade scene in southern california.

a tournament every friday at alternating arcades...

where you been at???

Where've I been? ...Northern California. Oh the difference 300 miles makes. :cry:

I wish accent core's release did the same thing up here, but we'd need a good local arcade for that to happen.

Trust me, I'm still thrilled it came stateside.

[quote name='MarkMan']Nothern California does have a few good arcades!

SVGL

MGL![/quote]

You're very right, SVGL is amazing.
I live about 5 minutes away from RVGL. ..it's terrible.

[quote name='squid']You're very right, SVGL is amazing.
I live about 5 minutes away from RVGL. ..it's terrible.[/quote]

Where are these places?
I live in Northern California as well.

O yeah, btw see you at New Egg Lan Fest Markman

[quote name='Baron O Hell']So which is the best version for the ps2[/QUOTE]

Probably the US version. It's cheaper and some of the bugs got fixed. I don't know which ones remain but I haven't run into anything weird after a total of about 2 hours. Granted I live in SW Virginia so I only get to play against the computer.

Even though I have love for both, MGL > SVGL

(Milpitas Golfland and Sunnyvale Golfland respectively)

I've been playing XX Slash (on PS2) the last 3+ months, so it's sort of weird to be switching to XX Accent Core.

Not sure why. One of the arcades closest to me has an XX Slash cab now, so maybe that's it. Who knows.

From the little that I've played of XX Accent Core since I bought it last week, I like the changes I've noticed so far (character specific, not the voices/music etc.)

maaaan... at this particular point I cannot play this game worth shyt!!

the 2 arcades that have this game play on j-cabs, and I am NOT good playing on a sanwa stick!!

I dont have this game to play at home tho but if I do I can only practice on an american / happ stick.

my main problem right now is doing super jump cancel with axl.

i.e. 2K, [1]D, 6S, FRC, K, 2S, SJC.K, etc...

I never had reason to do this when I played him in XX, but in Accent Core if I do not do the SJC, the opponent can escape my attack

[quote name='Chacrana']Happ Stick? Next time you play Tekken, I hope Jin teabags you.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with Happ sticks Chac?

My PS2 custom is a Happ Competitive with Happ Convex Buttons.

I could understand the tea bagging if JEKKI said it was using an X-Arcade :)

[quote name='asianxcore']What's wrong with Happ sticks Chac?

My PS2 custom is a Happ Competitive with Happ Convex Buttons.

I could understand the tea bagging if JEKKI said it was using an X-Arcade :)[/quote]

I used to love Happ, hell its what I grew up with the SFII series.

Then I tried Sanwa...

I can never go back. The only way I'll use Happ controls is if Im at an aracde and I have no other choice. But on the home consoles Its Sanwa sticks all the way.

I need practice with sanwa tho. I've never been good with it.

I recently had this delivered to my parents' house tho:

23.jpg

I prolly wont roll down to pick it up in another 2 weeks tho...

of course then I would need the time and materials to actually do something with those...

[quote name='asianxcore']What's wrong with Happ sticks Chac?
[/QUOTE]

Nothing, really. I vastly prefer the Jappo-style sticks though, and I saw an opportunity to make a Jin related comment to Jekki, so I did.

man fuck Jin Kazama and his teabags.

I mean's it's like u got Jin Kazama and teabags and he's like

"hey guys it's me Jin Kazama and I got me a cup of hot water and sum teabags. Anybody up for some OOLONG tea?!?!"

and then he's like

"check it out I'm drinking tea becoz I am cool and azn and cool azn drink tea yo. can't u see that I am azn?!?!"

and then he took hella pictures of himself drinking tea in the mirror and posted them on his myspace page.

man fuck Jin Kazama.

anybody want any tips for Axl Low?? I got hella.

Is that an octagonal gate? Sweet. Ive been meaning to put one of those into one of my sticks. Both my HRAP & HRAP2 have square gates.

[quote name='JEKKI']I need practice with sanwa tho. I've never been good with it.

I recently had this delivered to my parents' house tho:

23.jpg

I prolly wont roll down to pick it up in another 2 weeks tho...

of course then I would need the time and materials to actually do something with those...[/quote]

i played this one a little at EB today and it was pretty fun. i've never played any Guilty Gear games previously. is this the one to get? i have PS2 and gamecube

Huh... I don't know why everyone had so much trouble finding it... I've had the PS2 version of the game for two weeks now... maybe my gamestop is just weird...

Anyway, what do you guys think about the whole ground sliding/ wall sticking attacks? do they make combos easier or what? I haven't really seen any use for them yet, other than asthetics... Also, the fact that Ky can start his big lighting attack on the ground and jump and the attack follow him... is that supposed to happen?

What, you mean they stole Anji's gimmick and give it to Ky? Maybe he'll be worth playing now.

I kid, I kid. What's a Guilty Gear thread without a little Ky bashing? Can someone give me a general idea of any major character changes? I know they 'balanced' Eddie to the point where no one uses him anymore but that's all I've read. I don't keep up with games as much as I use to. I'm tempted to picked this up though.

well, I will definately say that it is worth picking up. As for major character changes, it's kinda hard for me to say... I think Jam has changed the most to me (I played her a lot in GGX2 #Reload) b/c her kick moves dont chain together w/o bubbling. Other than that, every character has very interesting but minute changes that attempt to make everyone more balanced.... Although I think Ky got the most love overall for some reason. :p

[quote name='kamiblakrow']Anyway, what do you guys think about the whole ground sliding/ wall sticking attacks? do they make combos easier or what? I haven't really seen any use for them yet, other than asthetics... Also, the fact that Ky can start his big lighting attack on the ground and jump and the attack follow him... is that supposed to happen?[/QUOTE]it does not make combos easier, all they do is provide another way in which to perform them.

for example, I play Axl and his 63214S (quarter circle back) move causes slide/wall stick.

if you can land that move and get the oppontn in the corner, you can launch them with S, 2S into a corner juggle (which for Axl would be axiru bomber loop).

I do not kno any other characters who can take advantage of these setups tho... the only other ones I have seen do so are Baiken and Slayer.

also are you talking about Ky's super moves or his 3 hit fireball??

you could make the fireball move with him in the original XX too, just false roman cancel it and jump, then the fireball will be launched from midaire parallel to the ground as opposed to being launched normally.

[quote name='cletus']I kid, I kid. What's a Guilty Gear thread without a little Ky bashing? Can someone give me a general idea of any major character changes? I know they 'balanced' Eddie to the point where no one uses him anymore but that's all I've read. I don't keep up with games as much as I use to. I'm tempted to picked this up though.[/QUOTE]are you kidding me? Eddie is S tier in this game AGAIN.

doods freakin dead man... he doesnt deserve to be the top character in every version of this game.

but he gots this new move where he makes a pool out of baby eddy and you are stuck in it unable to block. So what you do is rushdown the opponent un knockdown, then hit them with the pool on oki, then you jus wail on them.

Does anyone have tips for beating I-No? (especially the super that takes up the entire screen)

I realized after not playing this game for a while why I avoid Arcade/Story Mode like the plague.

I never played Slash, but I think Accent Core is better.

I assume this becoz all the Slash players now all play AC.

plus Force Breaks are cool, especially when you hit a dood with four of them in a single combo!!

as for beating Ino, the strategy is the same with beating anybody: block, dont get hit, and hit her back!

to dodge her moves:

if it's the exponential arc, just get away from it and let it fly above you.

if it's the wavelength arc, go under the arc and slowly walk forward as the attack continues.

if it's the one that fills the whole screen, get right in front of Ino and double jump as soon as it is about to come out.

[quote name='JEKKI']
to dodge her moves:

if it's the exponential arc, just get away from it and let it fly above you.

if it's the wavelength arc, go under the arc and slowly walk forward as the attack continues.

if it's the one that fills the whole screen, get right in front of Ino and double jump as soon as it is about to come out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks JEKKI.

I am out of town until Sunday afternoon and GGXXAC is the only game I brought with me. I want to make sure I am somewhat enjoy the Arcade Mode :)

I've been playing it off and on between some other games. Its a cool game but seems slow to me. The last fighter I played was Marvel vs Capcom 2 which moves faster and has more flash.

GG isn't really about the flash though is it. Sure it has some big screen filling moves but most of those are specials of some kind. I haven't gotten that far into it but it is a good fighter. I doubt I will be playing it much once DBZ T3 comes out on the Wii. I kind of like playing characters I know from other sources.

Does anyone know of the EX/Gold characters are time released?

I believe on the Japanese version of XXAC the characters are released every hour, after 48 hours of gameplay.

I've only gotten up to Level 300 in Survival Mode and I still have about half of the EX characters to unlock.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I've been playing it off and on between some other games. Its a cool game but seems slow to me. The last fighter I played was Marvel vs Capcom 2 which moves faster and has more flash.

GG isn't really about the flash though is it. Sure it has some big screen filling moves but most of those are specials of some kind. I haven't gotten that far into it but it is a good fighter. I doubt I will be playing it much once DBZ T3 comes out on the Wii. I kind of like playing characters I know from other sources.[/QUOTE]nah mang, GGXX is definately about flash and showing off.

one of the in-game mechanics, Roman Cancel, is a move that allows you to cancel the recovery of moves and put your character in a neutral state.

Thus you can do a combo on an opponent, reset yourself, and continue comboing the opponent.

This ability opens the door for a lot of different applications, including purely showing off.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I've been playing it off and on between some other games. Its a cool game but seems slow to me. The last fighter I played was Marvel vs Capcom 2 which moves faster and has more flash. [/quote]
haha... this is the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to any GG game as 'slow'...as for flash, there is so much crap flying around the screen that the first time I played GGX2 I almost had a heart attack (played a lot of Street Fighter beforehand). If you really want to see some hardcore flash and hecticness tho' try looking at Guilty Gear Isuka...

it's really weird but GG feels slower to me now too. but I've mostly been playing Bleach and Melty Blood lately, which are a good bit faster.

ayo check THIS out:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3689

it's an absolutely muhfuggin incredibly awesome 270MB 17+ minute combo video for Accent Core

featuring... everybody!!

and the production on the video is amazingly astounding!! CHECK IT OUT!!

another real great and well made video if u never seen before is this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jun9CdQ4Lm8[/media]

bread's done
Back