Guilty Gear XX# Reload

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone get this? My import came in and it's pretty badass. Controls much more smooth than darkstalkers and pretty much is a flawless transition from the home consoles. Of course it is a port so just about everything is the same. I havent played GG since regular X so there is some new content for me.

I keep meaning to order it, but there is just too much shit stateside going on. Between X-Men Legends 2 next week, GTA the week after, TRU's buy 2 get 1 free sale on the 23rd, all the good games coming out these next couple of weeks.

I don't think it's getting a US release, I'll definately get it in early November if I still have my PSP then (I probably will because I want SF Alpha 3 Double Upper like nobody's business).

Good to hear GGXX is a good game though, I've heard nothing but good things about it, and it's relatively cheap to import too (only around $40 after shipping). Do you know if Justice and Kliff are in this one?

there is absolutely NO WAY u can play GGXX on a psp.

the game is damn impossible to play with a controller, psp would be much worse.

since PSP has six buttons and GGXX requires five,

the best u can do is set one button up for roman canceling

but u wouldnt be able to get farther than that...

How are the loading times?

GGXX IS going to get a US release. My store already has a preorder SKU for it...the release date is apparently February of next year, so maybe you should hold off until then.

Honestly, I don't see how the PSP controls wouldn't work for GGXX, since the PSP is pretty much like a dual shock controller. It worked fine with the PS2 controller...I've always hated the shoulder buttons for games like Street Fighter, though. I'm too used to the 6 button arcade layout for Capcom fighting games. I'll probably get SFA3 for PSP anyhow, 'cause I'm Capcom's bitch. I know KOF is getting released for PSP as well...nice.

[quote name='y2kenjination']How are the loading times?

GGXX IS going to get a US release. My store already has a preorder SKU for it...the release date is apparently February of next year, so maybe you should hold off until then.

Honestly, I don't see how the PSP controls wouldn't work for GGXX, since the PSP is pretty much like a dual shock controller. It worked fine with the PS2 controller...I've always hated the shoulder buttons for games like Street Fighter, though. I'm too used to the 6 button arcade layout for Capcom fighting games. I'll probably get SFA3 for PSP anyhow, 'cause I'm Capcom's bitch. I know KOF is getting released for PSP as well...nice.[/QUOTE]

KOF?! OMG!! *faints*

Looks like I'm gonna have to do another fighter collection. I've already got my DC covered.

guilty gear XX is a VERY technical game,

not deep in a way like 3S where u gotta play a lot of mind games

but technical in a way like:

ok, I jus landed a hit on my opponent, how can I take advantage of this to continue hitting him

or

ok, Im getting hit, given a chance to escape the attack when would be the best and safest time

during comboes when you're gonna do things like jump installs, jump cancels, and false roman cancels, controllers and especially a PSP unit would not allow the freedom your hands would give holding a joystick instead.

furthermore, using other moves such as insta air dashes and dash canceling would be sloppy as well.

finally, some characters are jus straight up impossible to play without a joystick. perfect example, Eddie

his game requires lots of holding down buttons while comboing with other buttons so that baby eddie wont unecessarily transform.

unless you hold the controller very awkwardly, this can only be done with a single finger on each button.

but seriously tho, I havent even played this game in like 2 years...

[quote name='Zoglog']Anyone get this? My import came in and it's pretty badass. Controls much more smooth than darkstalkers and pretty much is a flawless transition from the home consoles. Of course it is a port so just about everything is the same. I havent played GG since regular X so there is some new content for me.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that it has better controls. I would've kept my copy of darkstalkers had the control been better.

Haha Jekki, try it before you judge. The controls are fine for PSP, this is what Darkstalkers should have done in the controls department. Great port, the sprites are smooth and all the music is there. Rock on!

its hard to jump correctly using the d-pad, ie jump foward and jump backwards. Cuz theres no like diagnol arrow so its hard to do it, but you can use the analog and it works better, but i always liked using d-pad to do moves and stuff so im sorta like ehhh on controls

honestly I don't feel much diff between playing this on the home console controllers as the PSP. it's an awesome port. Load times are the same as console which is to be expected since it is a 2d game. But yeah Perfect port in my opinion but I wish it would have been more than a port, like if they bundled that other GG game coming out for PSP with it. Wouldve been a sweet deal.

Granted it's no arcade joystick but it's pretty damn good for gaming on the go. Best handheld fighting game hands down.

Nice to hear the loading times are getting better as time goes by...The load times for Vampire Chronicles and Bleach weren't so hot. I heard the load times are absolutely horrible for Tiger Woods.

bread's done
Back