Guitar Hero 2 with guitar for 360 - $16.50 at Best Buy! YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlund

CAG Veteran
A guy I work with and I stopped into Best Buy in Fargo, ND today and they had half a pallet of 360 Guitar Hero 2's with the guitar for $16.50 each. Funny thing was that the other half of the pallet had the guitar without the game ringing up for full price. I'm not sure if this is YMMV, since their was an actual store marque displaying the $16.50 price on the pallet. Anyway, I grabbed 3 of them and the guy I work with grabbed the rest of the pallet to sell and make a few bucks. I have two cousins with Rock Band that will love having another guitar, and I don't have GH2, so it's worth it for me. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up! And yes, I know, pic or it didn't happen:

[quote name='Vegan']The Guy You Work With is an asshole. You can tell him I said so.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I figured you guys wouldn't like that, but I swear that I only bought 3 and they are all going to be used (not sold off).

Posting that picture was not a good idea. Even if it was the other guy, I think you are gonna hear it from everyone coming in here.

(Guess it has already started.)

It's OK. I can take the heat from it. Besides, the main reason I posted it was so you guys can go check your BB's and see if they have a similar deal going on. For anyone PO'd, I apologize and didn't mean to offend.

Hey, at least he was smart enough to black out the license plate.. right?? I dunno, that's a pretty douche thing to do. I guess we can't doubt the price drop though.. why else would you buy that many? Personally, I would assume this is for Ebay... but having to list, sell, and ship all of those would get on my nerves. I guess I'm lazy about it... but after fees and cost of shipping (unless he's the type to jack the piss out of shipping for extra profit, which will hurt the bidding).. not much of a profit margin. And judging by the minivan.. I'm also guessing the friend is a member of FW, which means this is likely posted on there as well (maybe not, but just throwing that out there).

Man.. if I had that many copies of a game piled up in my house, the significant other would put me on vagina-striction for at least a month.

[quote name='backlund']Anyway, I grabbed 3 of them and the guy I work with grabbed the rest of the pallet to sell and make a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

A few bucks?

Scalping bastard. Not you, your coworker.

Hehe, he is not going make anything anyways after fees and shipping a guitar hero set is one biggest pains. So I doubt he will make much from it.

this sorta thing pisses me off. just wanna throw in my opinion cause i was a victim of scalping earlier today. amazon had the ultimate mission impossible set on blu ray for 21 bucks, which was obviously a price mistake. then some hoarder on SD bought 20, and what happens? he raises a red flag and amazon changes their preorder price and says they can do it anymore, right before i'm about to order.

way to ruin the deal for other people in your area who want to get a cheap gh2.

I think he could make ~$500 for selling 20 @ ~$45 each. He won't have to pay for shipping just fees.

[quote name='akashhhhh']Couldn't he make money just trading these in at gamestop + the 50% extra trade credit coupon floating around?[/quote]

Possibly.. most people would want to break even on cash before doing something like that though.

By the way, thumbs down for your friend. I've done some pick-ups to sell before, but never to the point of hoarding. Capitalism at its finest though.

On eBay I bought one of these used for $12.50 + $21 Priority Mail. Seller cheated a little and spent $10 on Parcel Post. Another auction ending soon after went for $30 + $20 shipping. Your friend can probably flip them for a decent penny, but it might not be that outrageous. Nothing against you, but I hold the store accountable for letting an employee jack the majority of what its customers should get.

With Walmart's $50 GH3/wired X-plorer deal this reduces the value but it probably won't reflect too badly on the eBay market. Not everyone is as savvy as a cagger.

In Wisconsin, I have seen them $15.99 for the GH2 bundle and 21.99 at another. And right next to them were the $59.99 guitar by itself.

[quote name='WillSci']On eBay I bought one of these used for $12.50 + $21 Priority Mail. Seller cheated a little and spent $10 on Parcel Post. Another auction ending soon after went for $30 + $20 shipping. Your friend can probably flip them for a decent penny, but it might not be that outrageous. Nothing against you, but I hold the store accountable for letting an employee jack the majority of what its customers should get.

With Walmart's $50 GH3/wired X-plorer deal this reduces the value but it probably won't reflect too badly on the eBay market. Not everyone is as savvy as a cagger.[/quote]

$50 GH3/w wired Guitar at walmart? since when?

The picture bothers me more than anything. What a jerk. I always think its funny that people post a picture like this on their Ebay auction when they have something "hard to get". Why would you want to buy a Wii or a PS3 around launch from some douche that has a picture of 30 on his auction? Its like he's saying "Bend over...I did this to fuck you good" but he's saying it with pictures.

[quote name='Poor2More']is this a good deal only $50 guitar Hero III/w wired Guitar? how much are they usually[/quote]

Pretty great considering the game alone goes for $50.

I think the bundles retail anywhere from $70-90 depending on the console.

I ended up PMing the PS2 Bundle to Sears for a wireless guitar...

[quote name='maxgeek']I think he could make ~$500 for selling 20 @ ~$45 each. He won't have to pay for shipping just fees.[/quote]
Fees would kill that -- I'm guessing for $500, fees are about $50+ easily (including listing prices + final value)

Screw eBay

Man I tip my hat off to dude. Way to go. Stop hating. I would have done the same thing if I could afford the haul at that time. No doubt about it. And as far as whether he will make money from this...cut it out saying that fees and shipping will kill his profits. No it won't. Good job dude, now send me one of those!

[quote name='Josef']Any other Fargo, ND CAGs out there? You guys just got fucked.[/QUOTE]
That would be me! I've been waiting to see if they marked this down in town, when I saw this topic title planned on checking it out tomorrow. Guess not.

This sucks, a whole lot. Thanks, OP's Friend. :|

DOTY for your friend. Thats for sure. Lucky bastard. I too could also go for another guitar. My Rock band one broke like a week after purchase, my GH# wireless one has a faulty red button, and my GH2 guitar is kinda a custom job after I left the cord hanging out my car door driving to my friends. I took apart a wired off brand 360 controller and had to fit it into place of where the wire was on the GH2 controller.

Though your co-worker pisses me the fuck off with his hoarding I feel some retailers need to have a limit on items like this. A clearance item like this should be treated like a Black Friday deal. My grandmother would know this is a steal of a price and she isn't even a gamer. Congrats on your score OP and I know your friends/family will enjoy the copies you scored for them. Will have to check this out.

[quote name='neudog']Though your co-worker pisses me the fuck off with his hoarding I feel some retailers need to have a limit on items like this. A clearance item like this should be treated like a Black Friday deal. My grandmother would know this is a steal of a price and she isn't even a gamer. Congrats on your score OP and I know your friends/family will enjoy the copies you scored for them. Will have to check this out.[/quote]

Retailers should definitely set limits for their employees...as most have the opportunity to capitalize on such sales and such. Plus I'm assuming he got even more off with this employee discount...

[quote name='Vegan']The Guy You Work With is an asshole. You can tell him I said so.[/QUOTE]

yea idk which is worse... the fact he bought 18+ to rebuy... or the fact he drives a shitty forrester. Id go with the shitty forrester...

[quote name='neudog']Though your co-worker pisses me the fuck off with his hoarding I feel some retailers need to have a limit on items like this. A clearance item like this should be treated like a Black Friday deal. My grandmother would know this is a steal of a price and she isn't even a gamer. Congrats on your score OP and I know your friends/family will enjoy the copies you scored for them. Will have to check this out.[/QUOTE]

you gotta view it from the companies prospective though. it is a CLEARANCE item meaning they are done with it (clearance defined means "the act or process of clearing" and want to get it off the floor. at a store like best buy where the employee discount is related to the cost of the goods, and with these being without a doubt below cost, they are HAPPY for anyone, even an employee, to buy them out in one big hit rather than the items lingering around taking up floor space for months.

i am in no way saying what this guy did is right or wrong, i am simply saying that a store placing limits on clearance items would be completely contradictory to the purpose of placing the item on clearance in the first place.

now, OP since i have somewhat stood up for you/ your friend, please mail me a free guitar ASAP :)

[quote name='ricoraney']Man I tip my hat off to dude. Way to go. Stop hating. I would have done the same thing if I could afford the haul at that time. No doubt about it. And as far as whether he will make money from this...cut it out saying that fees and shipping will kill his profits. No it won't. Good job dude, now send me one of those![/quote]

I kinda feel the same way. With the country the way it is you really got to do what you have to do to make ends meat.

People that do crap like this suck. fuck eveyone else, It's greed plain and simple.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Wow, instead of bitching over the ethics of hoarding, can someone confirm that they have this price at their store?[/quote]
I may pass by one today, if I do I'll head it and check GHII prices.

[quote name='Vegan']The Guy You Work With is an asshole. You can tell him I said so.[/quote]

Please act like you wouldn't do that as well. You could easily flip those for twice the money. And 19X$33 is damn good profit. I probably wouldn't have bought 19 of them but at least 10 or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back