Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

Hey, is this a wireless guitar?

Seriously, I finally bit. Yeah, $90 is a big chunk of change, but really what sold me on this was actually the bag. I've avoided this game for now partially since I had no acceptable place to put the peripheral guitar controller. Having the bag allows me to store it easily in a closet on a hook or in the garage. It's actually a very useful bonus

[quote name='Decker']Hey, is this a wireless guitar?

Seriously, I finally bit. Yeah, $90 is a big chunk of change, but really what sold me on this was actually the bag. I've avoided this game for now partially since I had no acceptable place to put the peripheral guitar controller. Having the bag allows me to store it easily in a closet on a hook or in the garage. It's actually a very useful bonus[/QUOTE]

For the 20th time no.

fuck.

yes it is, and it has a built in vibrate function that vibrates your genitals every time you hit a note, plus a built in coffee maker.

[quote name='mr ryles']yes it is, and it has a built in vibrate function that vibrates your genitals every time you hit a note, plus a built in coffee maker.[/QUOTE]

Toast?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']But is it a wireless guitar ?!?!?!?!?!!!??[/QUOTE]

FOS always makes me laugh.

I'm still debating on this one... [tough] :whistle2:(

Since nobody here answered my question, I emailed Red Octane and they finally got back to me with thos:

Dear Customer,
We are looking to ensure that customers recieve their pre-orders
shortly before or on the release date.

Sounds good! I just wanted that official confirmation that April 3rd wouldn't come around and I'd be sitting on my hands waiting for this to come while I could just buy it in the store. I'm off to go order right now!

[quote name='daroga']I heard a black wireless guitar with HDMI is coming out in May. IS THIS TRUE?[/QUOTE]
Not only that, but it's got 100GB of rock.

[quote name='Dragon164z']Since nobody here answered my question, I emailed Red Octane and they finally got back to me with thos:

Sounds good! I just wanted that official confirmation that April 3rd wouldn't come around and I'd be sitting on my hands waiting for this to come while I could just buy it in the store. I'm off to go order right now![/QUOTE]

Awesome! I cant wait to get this game.

I finally broke down and bought it the $90 bundle.

I wonder how they will handle downloadable content. It's great that they'll have it right when the game comes out.

Too bad about the wired controller.

[quote name='zewone']Nope. Not a huge rock and roll fan, out of GH 1+2, I only liked about 5 songs.[/quote]

I hear they're coming out with Flute Hero in fall 08. :bouncy:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'll have to think about this. I don't really care about the bag since I won't be carting my guitar around, so it's not too tempting.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but you will have to keep your guitar somewhere, won't you? I think it'll be nice to have a case to keep it in without it collecting dust or having my baby playing with it.

[quote name='Derwood43']IMHO GH1 has a better song selection than GHII.[/QUOTE]
True, but what the 360 version has over the PS2 version of Guiat Hero 2 is DLC. Now I can't find the quote offhand but one of the developers has stated that they're shooting for the most DLC of any game on XBOX Live. I imagine some of the first DLC will be song lists from Guitar Hero 1.

[quote name='bo0']mmmm should i wait for a wireless guitar or splerdge on this little ditty?
;)[/QUOTE]
Since there may never be a wireless 360 guitar, well, I think it's an easy decision.

[quote name='TheSkinner']I finally broke down and bought it the $90 bundle.

I wonder how they will handle downloadable content. It's great that they'll have it right when the game comes out.

Too bad about the wired controller.[/QUOTE]

Why do people think this is a good thing? If its there at release, that means it was planned from the beginning to bleed our wallets instead of including it in the game. NOT cool.

Actually there is a good chance that stuff IS on the disc, heh. For those don't know, when new dl content clocks in at 108 KB, it's been discovered that content is already on your paid-for disc and you are paying for the unlock key to unlock it. Ouch.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12491/Unlocking-Keys-Disguised-as-Downloadable-Content/

Pretty good deal, I finally gave in and went for the single guitar bundle. $60 for an additional wired guitar makes me wonder about the price of any forthcoming wireless guitar, though.

If they don't price the DLC well I'm going to be pissed; I already have the full deal (GH1&2 + wired guitars) on the PS2, so that's really the only selling point for me. I pray that Red Octane releases the GH1 goodness as DLC for a reasonable price, so that I can give up the PS2 titles/guitars... :whistle2:?

I wonder what the chances are of them releasing all the songs from the first guitar hero. It would give me a reason to sell my PS2 and guitar hero stuff.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Why do people think this is a good thing? If its there at release, that means it was planned from the beginning to bleed our wallets instead of including it in the game. NOT cool.

Actually there is a good chance that stuff IS on the disc, heh. For those don't know, when new dl content clocks in at 108 KB, it's been discovered that content is already on your paid-for disc and you are paying for the unlock key to unlock it. Ouch.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12491/Unlocking-Keys-Disguised-as-Downloadable-Content/[/QUOTE]

Good work Nancy Drew! You've solved the case! And only three months behind everyone else!

Way to act a tool, Terribledeli.

I finally preordered the 2 controller bundle today. I've never played GH, so I really hope I like it!

I've held off on playing my ps2 version and am waiting for the 360 version. God the start of April can't come any quicker for me.

I was in the Fry's in San Jose on Brokaw and they had a working demo for it. The graphics were much better and I instantly fell in love!!

Can't wait for this game...

[quote name='mroakley']http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/764/764899p1.html[/QUOTE]

IGN:Was there a reason for shipping the 360 version with a wired guitar?

Ted Lange: Yeah, if we were to cut the wire off it wouldn't work; though seriously, it would be great to have a wireless guitar just as we did with the PS2 version, and hopefully we'll be able to make it happen for our fans rather shortly.

I liked that answer. :applause:

well, for circuit city, if you get the 2 guitar and maybe an accessory or game, you can use the $40 off 200 coupon listed somewhere on the site

[quote name='terribledeli']Good work Nancy Drew! You've solved the case! And only three months behind everyone else![/QUOTE]

Hence the "For those that don't know" preface.

Don't worry, at least on the internet your anonymous when you make an ass of yourself.

I preordered this game, and they DID charge my cc right on the spot. I sent them a letter basically saying "WTF?". Well its been 3 days and they still havent responded to my letter and the 90 bucks is still missing from my account. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='ZerOGoD']I preordered this game, and they DID charge my cc right on the spot. I sent them a letter basically saying "WTF?". Well its been 3 days and they still havent responded to my letter and the 90 bucks is still missing from my account. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

Its actually what is called a "pre-authorization". They did not actually charge you card "technically", they simply checked that you had the dough and that puts a hold on those funds until the pre-auth clears. Unfortunately, it can take several days for this to disappear, and if you used a debit card the funds are marked unavailable until it does.

I had the same thing happen to me and had to call my bank to reverse an overdraft fee. This is not some crazy thing that only redoctane.com does, this is pretty standard (especially if you're staying at a hotel).

[quote name='jgressley']Its actually what is called a "pre-authorization". They did not actually charge you card "technically", they simply checked that you had the dough and that puts a hold on those funds until the pre-auth clears. Unfortunately, it can take several days for this to disappear, and if you used a debit card the funds are marked unavailable until it does.

I had the same thing happen to me and had to call my bank to reverse an overdraft fee. This is not some crazy thing that only redoctane.com does, this is pretty standard (especially if you're staying at a hotel).[/quote]
Ahhh...the pre-auth issue. Sure brings back memories of the BB PS3 fiasco...

Yeah, you nailed it jgressley, it doesnt actually say the funds are gone, it just says "pending" by the transaction on my statement. Thanks for the heads up.

Not really for this deal, but for those of you thinking about getting this at GS/EB, their preorders have ended and they've met their allocation. This is going to sell out quick.

[quote name='MSA']IGN:Was there a reason for shipping the 360 version with a wired guitar?

Ted Lange: Yeah, if we were to cut the wire off it wouldn't work; though seriously, it would be great to have a wireless guitar just as we did with the PS2 version, and hopefully we'll be able to make it happen for our fans rather shortly.

I liked that answer. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Translation: "We'll wait several months until we release it. That way, we can make more money off the people that wanted a wireless guitar at launch, but bought the wired bundle because they couldn't wait."

Actually, it's Microsoft's fault. They're very stingy about licensing out the technology for wireless accessories for the 360.

WTF man? I didn't get free shipping on this deal! They are charging me so I had to go with ground (which means I won't get it for a week after release likely! Where did all of you see free shipping on this deal?

[quote name='Halo05']Actually, it's Microsoft's fault. They're very stingy about licensing out the technology for wireless accessories for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that for a second. The reason MS is so stingy with their controller technology is so they don't want companies like Mad Catz or Logitech making their own 360 controllers and undercutting them. It doesn't make a difference to them if Red Octane makes a wireless guitar controller or a wired one since it can only be used with one game. Plus, GH2 is going to be one of the top selling 360 games released yet, so MS would be shooting themselves in the foot if they put any kind of restrictions on Red Octane.

@OutlawTJ: did you use free ship code 'ghiixfreeship' when you ordered?

[quote name='OutlawJT']WTF man? I didn't get free shipping on this deal! They are charging me so I had to go with ground (which means I won't get it for a week after release likely! Where did all of you see free shipping on this deal?[/quote]

I remember entering a coupon code to get the free shipping when I ordered a few days ago.

[quote name='norkusa']I don't buy that for a second. The reason MS is so stingy with their controller technology is so they don't want companies like Mad Catz or Logitech or Red Octane making their own 360 controllers and undercutting them. [/quote]
Fixed.

It doesn't make a difference to them if Red Octane makes a wireless guitar controller or a wired one since it can only be used with one game.
Yes, it actually does make a difference. See above about MS wanting to make money using their proprietary wireless technology.

Further, the "it's only one game" argument isn't accurate since the game in question is massively insanely popular.

Plus, GH2 is going to be one of the top selling 360 games released yet, so MS would be shooting themselves in the foot if they put any kind of restrictions on Red Octane.
You're contradicting yourself. This is the very reason MS would want to be the only one to put out a wireless guitar. So they have exclusive access to the market where demand is (currently) insane.

[quote name='mroakley']You're contradicting yourself. This is the very reason MS would want to be the only one to put out a wireless guitar. So they have exclusive access to the market where demand is (currently) insane.[/quote] Yes, because any console company has ever made their own version of a special controller for a 3rd party game. Microsoft has no vested interest in making guitars or keeping them from being wireless, save for maybe a deal with Red Octane to allow them to get more fees when RO releases a wireless controller with their proprietary wireless setup.

Ok, here's the thing. Red Octane produces other peripherals aside from the guitar controller. Who's to say that once they release the technology to Red Octane that Red Octane won't turn around and use what they've learned to produce a wireless 360 controller? Hell, at that point that be one of only 2 manufacturers of the wireless 360 controller.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ok, here's the thing. Red Octane produces other peripherals aside from the guitar controller. Who's to say that once they release the technology to Red Octane that Red Octane won't turn around and use what they've learned to produce a wireless 360 controller? Hell, at that point that be one of only 2 manufacturers of the wireless 360 controller.[/quote]I would have to imagine that they'd be under contract to only produce a certain type of controllers.

bread's done
Back