Guitar Hero 3 Bundle (Xbox 360 - $83.95; PS3 - $84.97) (DD & FV) *Reg. $99.99*

tinyandi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
DeepDiscount.com has the Guitar Hero 3 Bundles for CHEAP prices (and has no tax and includes shipping and handling)

I did some searching around and GH3 ranges from $89.95 to $99.99 at most places (including Liongames.com, CC, and Buy.com).

Xbox 360 Version:
Price: $83.95
Link: http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212467

PS3 Version: (thanks charyoda!)
Price: $88.99
Link: http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=21036789

---

FamilyVideo has a similar deal, if you don't want to deal with Deep Discount:

Xbox 360 Version:
Price (after coupon) = $84.97 (includes shipping)
Link: http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=276257

PS3 Version: (thanks mykevermin!)
Price (after coupon) = $84.97 (includes shipping)
Link: http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=276226

how do you know that is for xbox 360? It doesn't say on any of them. Kind of scary trying to preorder before you know which system.

I'm guessing that price is for Wii since it is going to be cheaper than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

[quote name='Swingman']how do you know that is for xbox 360? It doesn't say on any of them. Kind of scary trying to preorder before you know which system.

I'm guessing that price is for Wii since it is going to be cheaper than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.[/quote]

That's what came up through price-grabber. I'll double check with them and let people know.

Xbox360 confirmed, here's my order confirmation received via email:

Order Number: XXXXXXX
Intended Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 XBO051235 XBOX 360: GUITAR HERO 3 BUNDLE $ 83.95 Pre-order

Merchandise Total: $ 83.95
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 83.95

[quote name='tinyandi']That's what came up through price-grabber. I'll double check with them and let people know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking. Strange though that they say the normal price for the xbox 360 version is $84.95 when I think it's normally $99.95.

They're only giving $1 off the other versions.

[quote name='Swingman']Thanks for checking. Strange though that they say the normal price for the xbox 360 version is $84.95 when I think it's normally $99.95.

They're only giving $1 off the other versions.[/quote]

I agree. Though the order confirmation number is pretty irrefutable evidence. In any event, I sent an email to verify my order and will post that information.

[quote name='Swingman']Thanks for checking. Strange though that they say the normal price for the xbox 360 version is $84.95 when I think it's normally $99.95.

They're only giving $1 off the other versions.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true, they're giving $11 off of the PS3 version. The Wii and PS2 versions are both $89.99.

Here's a link for the PS3 version (which I want for nice backwards compatibility finally)

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21036789

It's 88.99 which I'm going to jump at because at this point $10 is better then nothing.

was Guitar Hero 2 for 360 99$ when it came out? I was just wondering if they were charging ten more for this or if this is what the price usually is.

It's confirmed. The link is the 360 version. Please see the email from customer service below:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Store: Change/Mod Account

---------------------------------------------------------------
(tm) - 08/17/2007 06:42 AM
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Order #: XXXXXXXXXXX
As per your request the order was placed for the item: XBOX 360: GUITAR HERO 3 BUNDLE.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscount.com

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm planning to get mine for free, just like I did with GHII ;)[/quote]

Same here. :D

Although, I'll probably just get the game itself, rather than the bundle. I already have one 360 guitar, and the Rock Band guitar will make 2.

Has anyone confirmed yet whether or not the GH/RockBand guitars will be interchangeable?

[quote name='Poolking99']was Guitar Hero 2 for 360 99$ when it came out? I was just wondering if they were charging ten more for this or if this is what the price usually is.[/quote]

the guitar is wireless thats why it costs more

argh...i can't decide on whether i wanna save a few bucks and wait for it to be shipped...rather than just picking it up at the store and being able to play it. grrr...choices!

[quote name='the ender']Same here. :D

Although, I'll probably just get the game itself, rather than the bundle. I already have one 360 guitar, and the Rock Band guitar will make 2.

Has anyone confirmed yet whether or not the GH/RockBand guitars will be interchangeable?[/quote]

You can use the GHII guitar with Rockband, but as of now you cant use the Rockband guitar with GHIII

This is still cheaper than RedOctane's offer with the 10% off...so I'm going to stick with this one (as I don't really need the freebies).

The gig bag alone is worth it, IMO. I have one for my PS2 guitar and wished my 360 xplorer could fit in it, too. A lot nicer than having the thing out in the open all exposed-like with the wires all hanging out.

don't bother getting this if you feel that you absolutely "need" it within two weeks of launch. Both companies are notorious for slow ass shipping and every time there is a FV thread it always ends with "why haven't i got my product."
That being said, i like both companies, i'm just tired of people complaining about them. You should know what you are getting into before purchasing.

Thinking about ordering this from DeepDiscount.com - is this the best bundle price available? I don't need any of the extra freebies you get pre-ordering elsewhere. And I'll survive if I don't have it for a week or so after release.

Anybody know if I bought just the game at Best Buy, if I could return the game that comes with the bundle to Best Buy? That way I could get it right away if it wasn't going to come for a week or two from DD.

Keep one thing in mind from what I've read about both Family Video and Deep Discount - they tend to *not* be very quick in receiving or shipping their items. These are excellent deals all around, but they are not, IMO, for the impatient.

[quote name='mykevermin']Keep one thing in mind from what I've read about both Family Video and Deep Discount - they tend to *not* be very quick in receiving or shipping their items. These are excellent deals all around, but they are not, IMO, for the impatient.[/quote]

But are they reliable in that they don't try to screw you or lose orders, etc.?

I haven't bought games from DD, but I've bought a few dozen DVDs from them. I have never any major problems with shipping, but I knew the free shipping was USPS mediamail (up to 2 weeks from shipment to delivery). I usually got my stuff in 7-10 days.

I can wait here, so I'm in for a 360 bundle.

[quote name='tinyandi']This is still cheaper than RedOctane's offer with the 10% off...so I'm going to stick with this one (as I don't really need the freebies).[/quote]

The 10% off deal is now dead at RedOctane.com, but because they usually preship the free ground orders so that most get it on launch, and since they throw in some swag I still prefer RedOctane.com. I'm getting mine from there for $99.99 total including the ground shipping.

RedOctane is good if you're impatient and can be bribed with swag.
The deal from Family Video,et al is good if you're patient and want to pay the lowest price.

[quote name='aktick']But are they reliable in that they don't try to screw you or lose orders, etc.?[/QUOTE]

DD is very reliable in my experience. This is my first Family Video order, so I can't say for certain either way. I do recall, either in the Bioshock or Halo 3 threads, that people were LIVID about how long it took FV to ship out whichever game it was. It was more than the absurd tantrum-throwing-gamer attitude of "I got free value shipping, but now I'm pissed because the game isn't at my doorstep on release day." It seemed more like "three days after release and they still haven't even shipped yet," which is, IMO, a reasonable excuse.

[quote name='mykevermin']I do recall, either in the Bioshock or Halo 3 threads, that people were LIVID about how long it took FV to ship out whichever game it was.[/QUOTE]

The $2 shipping deal from bestbuy.com on Halo 3 took 7 days to get from Chicago to DC, and the outer box took a serious beating.

If you want prompt delivery, go with Amazon, Gamestop, Red Octane (in this case), or *shudder* a brick-and-motor pre-order. Your odds are better (but you usually have to pay for that).

bread's done
Back